Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: My condolices to London  (Read 4667 times)
Rheine
New Santharian

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2005, 07:48:22 AM »

Quote:
Their belief is not vieuwed as radical from their culture as it is from our culture, I am sure of that.

Yes it is. The radical groups of terrorists are just as hated by the regular Iraqi citizen as they are by Americans.

There are things in the Koran that the terrorist groups go against, and the more peaceful members of the Muslim religion say that the terrorist groups are not following the religion as they should.

The terrorist groups are killing Iraqi citizens as well as Americans, and those citizens do NOT view the terrorists as good people. For instance, just yesterday or earlier today an American truck that was handing out candy to Iraqi children was hit by a suicide bomber. 1 US soldier died.... along with 12 or so Iraqi children. And according to a US soldier, it looked like the children were the main targets of the attack. An Iraqi citizen who lived in that neighborhood said in response, "May God curse the mujahedeen and their leader."

The terrorists aren't the bastions of hope and whatever kind of @#%$ they make themselves out to be for the Iraqi people. They're just fundamentalist radicals, and they're hated just as much by their citizens as they are by us.

-----
"She wants to go home, but nobody's home
It's where she lies, broken inside,
With no place to go, no place to go
To dry her eyes, broken inside."
-Nobody's Home, Avril Lavigne

Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2005, 07:54:22 AM »

yeah i guess. Well i don't know enough bout this stuff to really comment on this so i'l shut up then. Yet i keep disliking all of them and their way beliefs etc. (*Shakes fist with anger*)  

Angron Bloodfist
Ferocious Berserker
Approved Character

Human, Helvet´ine Kuglim

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2005, 08:22:22 AM »

radicalisk suixx masn
yes iu am ddrunk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so what!?!?!?!?!`?`?!`!`!`!``!`!?!?!?!?!?!?!!=!?!?!?

A Berserker has no fear of death, for death is his instrument.
A Berserker feels no pain, for all he feels is furious rage and anger.
A Berserker knows no fear - he is the embodiment of fear!

Luca the Thief
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2005, 11:37:22 AM »

Lets try to keep the topic off religion, shall we? It's a touchy subject for everybody and no matter what you say or what points you make, you're not about to change anybody's mind soon. That being said, though the conversation is a valid one worth discussion, lets keep it respectful.  

Contact me: faye_004@yahoo.ca or all us admins: rpg@santharia.com

Abigail Nightwatch
New Santharian

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2005, 03:20:22 PM »

Okay okay okay, hold on. Since I started this thread, I'll be the one to quell a few potential arguments before it goes any farther. Before I dump my own experiences of the war on terror with you all I want you to understand two things, first of all, I am on no side. Second of all, I didn't read the last few posts before replying.

I've been over to the middle east, both Afghanistan and Iraq twice now in the last three years. In September I'm going back for my third tour of duty. I am quite familiar with a lot of this, so take it as you will, and take it with a grain of salt.

To reply to the generalized comment of 'the wheel of vengance" and "how do you know you're kicking in the right face", consider this; you are neck deep in enemy territory every minute of every second of every day. You have no idea of who the enemy is and no possible way to tell. Your 'safe' little camp is surrounded by potential death. The only thing seperating you from them is a barbed wire fence in the worst case senerio, two and some really good and dedicated QRF teams with air support if you're lucky like me.

Consider that Special Forces, every day, goes out with minimal support in comparrison of the convoys I've been on every single day to integrate themselves with locals to try and figure out who the enemy is.

Imagine driving down the road, minding your own business and an artillery shell blows up in your face, wounding you for life and making you a parapalegic.

Imagine five year olds that talk dirtier than the worst sailer, smoking and shaking each other in the streets (yes, I've witnessed this), mobs of citizens yelling and screaming, coming towards you agrily, and you only have 30 rounds of amunition and you don't know if you should shoot them. Worst yet, you have to wait till they make a hostile act against you before you can shoot them.

As for those of you who feel that Islam is radical and extreme, need I remind you of the crusades and the holy grail? How Empires senslessly slaughtered nations because they were pagans?

Read the old testiment sometime and count how many sacrifices Johova required and asked for. Hey, I'm a christian too, but I'm not blind to the truth. I'm also a chaplain assistant by job here in the army, so religion is my business.

My points are this. Over there, you can't trust anyone and you have to be ready to 'kick in anyones face' or you end up dead. To take a moment to correct you, I stated, "go over there and kick in some INSURGENT faces", implying I would not be kicking in the faces of the innocent.

The second point is that Islam as a religion is not evil. Yes I'm US Troop and joke around about nuking them all, but that's only because it's easier that way and I get to see my kid grow up. The truth is, there is some grey and you can't kill everyone for a bunch of bad apples. (I would've said a few bad apples, but there's a lot more than a few).

I've missed my first year of marriage, my son's birth, my parents getting rich then poor again, a crap load of money I made while over there that my new wife spent while I was there- my ENTIRE LIFE flipped upside down while I was gone- I have NO LOVE for this war or our government, but I'd go back over in a heartbeat to be the one to step forward and say, "I'll go over and risk my life for my loved ones, my family, my friends- and all of you." I ain't braggin, but I know I got braggin rights, I just love what I do and why I do it. I love america, I love freedom, and I love americans. So now what matters?

Angron Bloodfist
Ferocious Berserker
Approved Character

Human, Helvet´ine Kuglim

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2005, 09:40:22 PM »

if i said those last two lines with america replaced by germany, i´d be called a nazi over here...whicked world...

Abigail Nightwatch
New Santharian

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2005, 02:38:22 AM »

I'd never call you a nazi. You have to be very sheltered not to know that Germeny is nothing like that anymore. Of course there's always bad apples everywhere you go, you know, so narrowminded people have something to base a prejeduce off of. None of which is directed towards anyone on these boards.

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2005, 06:01:22 AM »

:: pets her German pet dragon:: :broadgrin  

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Angron Bloodfist
Ferocious Berserker
Approved Character

Human, Helvet´ine Kuglim

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2005, 07:21:22 AM »

ooooh yeah...this is the life...:rollin

if only it was for real :x  

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2005, 08:24:22 AM »

::comforts her beautiful dragon:: In time, when I get enough money :nod . :)  

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Angron Bloodfist
Ferocious Berserker
Approved Character

Human, Helvet´ine Kuglim

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2005, 08:38:22 PM »

not as long as you´re still married :notthatway  

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2005, 12:08:22 AM »

::Crawls away with her tail between her legs::

Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]