Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats it mean to be American  (Read 1632 times)
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2005, 05:20:22 AM »

I never said I was insulted, just that the words themselves were written in the manner of one. If someone else said it, and you saw it, how would you have responded? You are lucky on this one. Just becareful and I/we won't have to write this to you again.

When I wrote about being offended, it is about people who take offense to having the word "god" on just about anything, simply because of the word, not necessarily of the association. People are just crazy and self-centered these days. Not about being insulted by a direct insult being "You are all ignorant!" It doesn't matter what follows the insult, doesn't make it any less of one.

I also said I was most likely guilty of it too. Never said I was innocent, hence I am not a hypocrite if I say I am insulted. If you want to make that claim, make sure you have the proper information to back it up before also insulting me again by calling me a hypocrite. That in itself would deserve some punishment but I will not. And backtalking to an admin isn't always the best way to start off your time on the actual site. Just becareful when speaking to those in authority and age.

Though, offended and insulted are different, though only a fine line divides them in today's society.

Edit:
Quote:
Now on the you are ignorant thing... I would like to explain that...
Ofcourse you are not all ignorant, but it's the message you people send out to the world (not on purpose I presume).
By not trying to understand other cultures, or at least it seems that way, you send the message that you feal superior to the rest of the world and you are alieanating yourselves from it.
I don't think there are a lot of people, next to Tony Blair, in Europe ( or any other place) that agree with your police on 'terrorism'... You see not every muslim is a terrorist, in fact the islam doesn't even encourage it. They are disgusted of suicide bombings for instace, because as the christians they believe suicide is a mortal sin and you will go to hell for it. Every suicide muslim isn't a muslim anymore for them...

I am not trying to control the way you behave, but I am giving you the advice to open your eyes to the rest of the world, and the people in your own country... Because even though they're not american, you will still have to live with them...

I will assume you are not from America by your words, and you assume all americans are the same. Just because of the behavior of our government officals is not necessarily the most moral, doesn't mean we back them in what they do and say. And wanna know why we feel inferior? Because we have proven we are. Those who want to mess with us, will pay for it. Simple as that. They want to attack us, we shall attack them.

Also, I know not every muslim isn't a terrorist. I am friends a good many of them. Though their teachings tend to be bit on the violent nature, depending on where you go and who teaches. It all depends on the person on what they do. And we didn't go to Iraq to teach EVERYONE a lesson. We were there for a purpose and we are completeling that purpose. Perhaps not in the way people feel we should, or even if we should be there in the first place. Doesn't matter, we are there and we are doing what we can to make it a better place.

And the people who are blowing themselves up are Muslim radicals.

And FYI, Christians and Muslims DO get along. If someone of either religion doesn't want to get along, that is their problem, not mine. As a Christian, I have no ills against the Muslims unless they threaten me and my family. And frankly, all muslims look the same just about. We cannot tell Al-qiada (sp?) or just a normal citizen apart by just looking at them. Thus we have to be on our guard because you never know if they will attack and or vice versa.

Everything goes both ways.

Edited by: Kalina Merenwen at: 9/8/05 21:40

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Marvin Cerambit
Carvin' Marvin
Approved Character

Orc, Gob-Oc

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2005, 06:31:22 AM »

Online conversations can be tricky. When you say things, the way you say it can really change the meaning. When writing, it's easier to offend people and more difficult to get you oppion across.

Marvin Cerambit ~ Do not tease my Warg, because you are crunchy and tasteful

Need help with your new Character?
~> Click Here <~
Thom
New Santharian

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2005, 05:44:22 AM »

Marvin said it, I didn't mean to be insulting on it...

And I wasn't talking behind your back...
I do have a problem with authority, not to much, just a little. Especially on the internet people with power often abuse it saying, yeah I disagree with you, I am a mod you should listen to me and that's final. I don't say you do this...
And I don't like the feeling that someone else would be better then me, and I should respect them, even though I don't know them...
Don't get me wrong I am not saying that I don't respect you.
Caus I do, of what I have read from/about you you seem a descent and fair person.

Hope it is cleared up, or at least a little bit.
I also hope you will forgive me my bluntness and stubborness...

Make baby's not war...
:hammer  

EDIT:
Just saw your edit...

Yes I am not an american.
No I don't think every american is that way, I said it at the beginning of my post that I didn't want to generalize things...
You say those who mess with you will get messed at back, but, what if you messed with them first... Could happen you know...

The people blowing themselves up ARE indeed muslim radicals, BUT it is not the way of the islam, they won't get 74 virgins(or how many were it?) but they will go to hell according to the koran.

Ofcourse christians and muslims can live together...

A White Dress...
Stained with red droplets...
She was so beautifull...

CD

Edited by: Thom at: 9/8/05 21:49
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2005, 07:48:22 AM »

::wonders why so many young people have problems with authority::

And I am not like that Thom :)  Not your overbearing heartless mod

I don't think I have ever used the mod hammer (:hammer ) on anyone. :)  Just too nice ><

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]