Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A few laughs...  (Read 3114 times)
Koobi Assadah
New Santharian

« on: August 29, 2005, 12:32:22 PM »

I am of the opinion that life – and all the ridiculous things that being alive implies – is funny.  I mean, c'mon!  There are those times when you're going about your day, attacking the problems of life in a difficult world, at which point you realize you're not wearing pants.

So.

This thread is for whoever, whenever, to whare whatever semi-funny/ interesting little life experiences they want.

guess I should go first then.

Last week, I was walking along while intently trying to find something in my bag, not really looking where I was going.  I slam into this guy – who was just standing  there in my path – and scream/yelped because he scared the hay outta me.  He abruptly asked if he could give me his number.  Completely shocked I didn't answer.  He asked twice more before I 'got it', after which poing I said "No." and hurried away.

I looked back to see if he had gone away and ran into this tall sort of rail, which nearly impailed me.

There's my little story.  Now someone else go....

Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.
Thesaurus Food TV Living Word

Grunok the Exile
Seeker
Approved Character

Male Losh-Oc Orc

Homepage
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 02:14:22 PM »

Lol, Koobi, classic!

Here's my one:
I was having some photos taken for a volunteer group I belong to. The photos were to be for official purposes, identifying who we are to the trainees, etc.

The first photo was of the whole group of us, and the lady who took the photo, instead of saying "say cheese" said, "say fart". That was quite funny, but next we had to do individual photos.

I was making the girl who had her photo done before mine laugh, and so when she was done, I said to her "Now you have to make me fart." We just looked at each other, then I realised what I'd said and we cracked up. My official photo now has me with my mouth so wide open that you can see my epigloitis, laughing so hard you can't see my eyes.

:o  :lol  *hides*

Grunok's CD

Luca the Thief
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 03:00:22 PM »

Haha, well I've got a fresh one for you kiddies.

I was recently at my aunt's house and my aunt and uncle are so fortunate to have their backyard opening out onto a lake, and of course, they have a boat. For those of you unaware, tubing is when you sit in an inflatable..well... tube-type thing and get dragged behind the boat over the wake. Good fun.

So me and my sister are riding in the twin seater, and my uncle is a complete madman. He's ripping us all over that thing. There is also a boat of about five young guys (about my age) wake-boarding. Keep this mind for later. Now, I had earlier been tanning on the dock so I was wearing my nice ol' string bikini bathing suit. Good for tanning.

Bad for tubing.

I'm sure you can imagine what's about to happen. So we're going. And what with the bouncing and the splashing and the turning and the laughing. And things started to... misplace themselves. I tried my best to keep things in order, but with my uncle whipping around with no end in the near future, there was only so much to be done. And of course... who thinks to double-knot when you're tanning?

Lets just say that for the next 5 or so minutes, I was crouched over the tube and my sister was desperately trying to aid me. It took a while, but eventually my aunt (who was spotting us) clued into what exactly was going on and we stopped to reassemble. I repackaged myself, double knots and all and we enjoyed the ride.

Curiously enough, that boat of wakeboarders seemed to turn our way whenever we passed them after that. Curious.

Contact me: faye_004@yahoo.ca or all us admins: rpg@santharia.com

Thaedras
Captain of The Maiden
Approved Character

Human, Zhunite

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 08:49:22 AM »

Ok, so I am hanging out after school with a bunch of friends (about an equal mix of girls and boys, one girl includes my EX and NONE of the girls include my girlfriend). I say something insulting to one of the guys (i forget what) and he proceeds to chase me, and grabs my shirt. I twist out of said shirt.

This proved to be a very bad idea.

This gives the guy a great plan.

"Get his Clothes!!!"

I am soon on my back, with two girls holding my arms (or attempting to) while I fight viciously to retain my pants, which I promptly lose.

Remember we are still at school....in broad daylight.

So I'm fighting to keep my underwear, when everything stops for a sec. I look at my right arm and what is holding it. It is my ex Girlfriend. My arm is in an odd position, so i have to take this time to ask a question.

"Are you holding my arm with you Crouch*?"

The struggle continues after that, my arm still......MIA....When an English teacher walks by. She looks over, Stares right into my eyes. and says "I'm going to pretend like nothing is happening" and keeps walking. The struggle stops, and I yell " WHERE  IS MY SHIRT!!"

The English teacher, now a good distance away, replies, "We dont like to hear stuff like that around here."

And there is my story.

* the actual word was not Crouch....use your imagination

The wind in my Hair, The spray of the ocean in my face.
I love Life at sea.

- Thaedras

Edited by: Thaedras at: 8/30/05 0:50

Bahran the big
Mercenary
Approved Character

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 01:10:22 PM »

Oh man, do I have a story for you!

The other day, there was this big unicorn thing. And here I was, just walking down the street. When the unicorn attacked me! Can you believe it? It was crazy. We all laughed about that one.

You know what? Come to think of it... it wasn't a unicorn... and I didn't get attacked...

Huh... maybe it wasn't a good story.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?

"It’s better to die whimpering like a little girl than trying to be a hero."
-Anonymous

"Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; The best of life is but intoxication."
- Lord Byron
Koobi Assadah
New Santharian

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 11:10:22 PM »

...............  ri-i-ight....   All of us believe you, Bah.

Ha!!  As for the rest of you people, I honestly didn't know you all led such.....  interesting lives.  Wow.  *nods vigerously*

Bahran the big
Mercenary
Approved Character

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2005, 07:38:22 AM »

You don't believe that it wasn't a unicorn and I didn't get attacked? Well, if you think I DID get attacked by a unicorn then you can... I'm not in control of what you think...

I woke up at 5 a.m. today, then went back to sleep and overslept. That was pretty funny. Except for me... and everyone else...

My life isn't funny.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?

"It’s better to die whimpering like a little girl than trying to be a hero."
-Anonymous

"Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; The best of life is but intoxication."
- Lord Byron
Luca the Thief
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2005, 07:43:22 AM »

Puh-lease. I've got stories by the truckloads. Shall we adventure to days gone by?

*time travel*

The year is 1996. I am six years old, first grade for those of you unsure, and on my first ever visit to the Philippines. Now, it's really hot in the Philippines, should you have been left unawares of the fact, and as evening was dawning on us I was asked to get an electric fan from the lower floor. So my cousin (some may know from the IRC as Maling) and I head downstairs. Of course, there are two doors leading to the lower level, and my sister and brother went around the other way quickly and crouched, in the dark, by the door. Another thing one should know and appreciate about the Philippines is that there are many creepy crawly things there. Spiders, mosquitos and ants by the bucketful and snakes. Lots of snakes. Big ones, small ones, green ones, brown red ones, cute ones.... deadly ones. I was told before the trip to stay away from any snake I see and to check the toilet before use.

That being said, my cousin and I slowly opened the door to get the fan from the lower level when my brother immediately cried "Hsssssss," at us. Maling, about fifteen at the time, pushed his six year old cousin through the door and jumped back.

Can you feel the love?

Contact me: faye_004@yahoo.ca or all us admins: rpg@santharia.com

Isaraldor Glamthail
Mystic of the Wind
Approved Character

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2005, 03:50:22 AM »

my brother pushed me backwards down the stairs in my old house. needless to say it hurt.

sig made by gararion

Can you withstand my eternal onslaught of wind and water?
Isaraldor Glamthail-Santharia

Ever meet the fury of the wind?
Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2005, 04:33:22 AM »

Ok now me

Spain- Few days ago.

So since it was quite expensive most of my mates just couldn’t afford to get liquored night AND DAY. So we had to think up some other plans to do. So the place we reside in is called Malgrat and thirty miles from there is Lorret. A cool place, lots a shops, pubs, gambling halls, sexshops (you name it). Anyways so whe go with the train and stay there till the evening. Whe’ve had a great day UNTILL….. Whe arrive back at the trainstation and discover that the trains don’t ride anymore. So…Wat do whe do?  Whe Travel on FOOT! Even tough it was fun for a little while; whe found a shop car lying around; whe played jackass, Had a few laughs etc. etc. Until…. WHE WHERE IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE. And the night had fallen. Luckily thanks to my enormous sense of direction (which was triggered after the long walk when I sobered up) whe could finally make our way back to Malgrat with sunset… All by all whe travelled over 30 miles on foot and that is a torture at the time, But now a great laugh afterwards.

Sooo Let me not even start on Barcelona and how we got lost in the tram system there. We where almost on the other side of spain, Luckily we got home with the final ride before dawn with LUCK. Hehe.

Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character

Human, Korweynite

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2005, 08:35:22 AM »

*reads Luca's first story*

*blinks*

Sounds like my funny story...I was tubing, one man tube mind you, just cruising. It wasmy first time to tube, but hey, I was enjoying it.

I got kinda a bored and called to "Uncle" John (not really an uncle, but his family has been close friends of ours for...forever) and so John cranks up the motor and we start flying across the lake.

Well, the boat contained both of John's teenage daughters; make matters worse, John has this thing about seeking the wake of larger boats and using them to bump his tuber rides. So naturally, the wake he chose this time was from a boat of about...3, four females? (various ages).
Well...it was a big wake. Rather large wake. One moment we were bouncing along, and the next, I remember thinking "So this is what it feels like to fly..." and crashed into the water head first.

I never knew if I lost all semblance of modesty before or after I hit the surface, but due to lack of reaction by those nearby, I was gratefully aware no one seemed to have noticed my temporary loss of...of, er, my dignity.

Except - well, John's older daughter...she gave me an odd look and smile when I clambered back into the boat (I had recovered my 'loss' while in the water)...I was never sure...

Edited by: Morcaanan at: 9/4/05 0:37

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Thaedras
Captain of The Maiden
Approved Character

Human, Zhunite

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2005, 10:27:22 AM »

how come most of these involve nudity?

The wind in my Hair, The spray of the ocean in my face.
I love Life at sea.

- Thaedras

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2005, 12:23:22 PM »

Because they tend to be the most embarassing :p  

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Koobi Assadah
New Santharian

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2005, 10:32:22 AM »

:lol

I won't make a comment on that.....

Edited by: Koobi Assadah  at: 10/4/05 16:44
Thom
New Santharian

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2005, 06:59:22 AM »

This didn't actually happen to me but to friends of mine...

Tinus and Aart are two cool dudes I know and they were on a 'field trip' for school...
They went to england with 3 other classes I believe...

Now one day they were free to goshopping etc in London.
At one point they try to find one of their classmates called Kazimir(he's polish).

So Aart spots to cute girls and says to Tinus lets ask them if they've seen them.
This is the conversation sort of:

Aart:
Have you seen a kid named Kazimir?

Girls:
No, why, what does he look like?

Tinus:
He's a fat east-block boy, who wishes he was black.

Girls:
No, sorry haven't seen them...

Aart:
O, ok, well I will give you our phone-number.

Tinus:
Yeah, so when you see a fat white polish dude making hip-hop noises, give us a call.

That's it... I thought it was pretty hilarious...
:hammer  

A White Dress...
Stained with red droplets...
She was so beautifull...

CD

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]