Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whoo Italy!  (Read 1101 times)
Luca the Thief
« on: July 10, 2006, 05:47:23 AM »

And that wraps up the World Cup!

I was actually cheering for France in the final game... but after that cheap shot by Zidane, Italy totally deserved it.

Mmm... lovely lovely soccer. Better than any ol Stanley Cup or Superbowl.

*runs for her life*

Phyth Glenfield
Mounted Mercenary
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 06:53:23 AM »

Meh, keep the Superbowl.

That comment about the Stanely Cup though... But yeah, that game was the only World Cup game I watched.

Which sadly, was just as many hockey games that I watched this year.

"No matter where you go, there you are..."
Buckaroo Banzai

Phyth Glenfield

Buckaroo Banzai

Phyth Glenfield
Xun Darkwoe
Hunter of Thorns
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 10:09:23 AM »

SOCCER!!!!!!!!

Stanley cup, YUCK!

Superbowl, eh, not too good, but not to bad.

SOCCER!!! dang right rocks!!!

*Looks at everyone*  uhhh, you didn't hear that, uh, did you know I, uh, love football?? uhhhh oh boy.

*Runs away and hides*

~>Enemies shall die, attackers shall have no mercy. Enemies shall live, and be slaves for eternity.<~
Xun Darkwoe

Your inner nature resides in your heart and your mind. If either of those are lost, everything that matters is no more
Phyth Glenfield
Mounted Mercenary
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 10:56:23 AM »

How dare you insult the Stanley Cup!!
*runs with an angry mob, realizes he's the only one there*

Anyways, I actually enjoyed that game, even though I quit following what was happening after Germany was out.

Buckaroo Banzai

Phyth Glenfield

Buckaroo Banzai

Phyth Glenfield
Xun Darkwoe
Hunter of Thorns
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 11:44:23 AM »

France rocks!!!!! sucks that they lost. :drool

oh well.

*Runs away from the angry mob* :D  

~>Enemies shall die, attackers shall have no mercy. Enemies shall live, and be slaves for eternity.<~
Xun Darkwoe

Your inner nature resides in your heart and your mind. If either of those are lost, everything that matters is no more
Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 01:13:23 PM »

What's this "world cup" everyone keeps referring to?  

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce. ~ Voltaire

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce.  ~  Voltaire
Oh dearest Ryldor, dust thou know thy charm?; The clever smile soft upon thy face; Seem like a promise for to do no harm; Whilst I, enjoying thy tender grace; Should gaze in admiration at thy eyes; As azure as where highest heaven lay; Reflections of the clearest, truest skies; They seem to melt my very heart away!; And if thy lovely words were not as true; As thine eyes blue, still I'd believe thy claim; Of magedom. Magic turned a rosy hue; My cheeks. A spell thou cast upon this dame!; Thou art a most capricious scoundrel, yet; The sweetest gentlemen I've ever met.; ~ Rayne Avalotus
Luca the Thief
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 01:21:23 PM »

Ryl... on a largely European board, I think you've a death wish.

And don't get me wrong, I would much rather watch the Stanley Cup than the Superbowl... I'm  Canadian! But I find it hard to follow a full game of a sport I don't play or have any interest in playing. The only reason I watched some of the games (and for sure the final) this season was because my home team was in it.

Sooo close Oilers! Maybe next year.

Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2006, 04:57:23 AM »

Quote:
Ryl... on a largely European board, I think you've a death wish.

Hellooo... They're all in Europe. I'm safe here on the other side of the pond.

[sarcasm]Besides, it's not like anyone has ever been killed over a soccer match before. [/sarcasm]

Oh dearest Ryldor, dust thou know thy charm?; The clever smile soft upon thy face; Seem like a promise for to do no harm; Whilst I, enjoying thy tender grace; Should gaze in admiration at thy eyes; As azure as where highest heaven lay; Reflections of the clearest, truest skies; They seem to melt my very heart away!; And if thy lovely words were not as true; As thine eyes blue, still I'd believe thy claim; Of magedom. Magic turned a rosy hue; My cheeks. A spell thou cast upon this dame!; Thou art a most capricious scoundrel, yet; The sweetest gentlemen I've ever met.; ~ Rayne Avalotus
Xun Darkwoe
Hunter of Thorns
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2006, 09:04:23 AM »

Lol

oh well, it's not like he is heard, I meen unless they have a tracking devi--- wait, do you have one? if so, we never met.

*looks away*

Xun Darkwoe

Sholtar
New Santharian

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2006, 04:29:23 PM »

Cheap shot?  Oh hell no.  That was no cheap shot, that was Zidane responding to an entire game of the refs not calling anything and the Italians calling his sister and mother terrorists (he's of Algerian descent).  That Italian deserved that head, not to mention the bruise that he'll probably have for a week or two.  And France deserved the cup, their team was so incredibly much better than the Italian team.  It was just the same problem that it's been the whole time this year, horribly dirty play with inconsistent referees.  FIFA needs to change something, otherwise football just won't be that fun to watch anymore.  And yes, I'm biased because I'm in France right now.... but still.  Allez les bleus.

Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2006, 11:09:23 AM »

Three things...

It was still an absolute cheap shot regardless of how provoked it was.

Head-butting another player because you don't like the way the refs are calling the game makes zero sense.

Finally, and most importantly, the best player on the team can't get himself thrown out in the final minutes of the final game of arguably the biggest sporting event ever. Did he not realize that penalty kicks were probably going to needed? Did he not think about how it would affect his teammates or that it might pump up the Italians?

He should have been smarter on several levels.

Sholtar
New Santharian

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2006, 10:52:23 PM »

If I portrayed it as being based solely on the refereeing, my bad.  From what I've been hearing from news reports the primary reason was the Italians insuliting his sister and mother.  That's pure bullshit, you can't insult someone's family, especially at the finals of the world cup.  That's far beyond the realm of bad sportsmanship.  As for your third point, correction to best player in the world not just the team, and it wouldn't have mattered either way.  Trezeguet missed the penalty, Trezeguet replaced Vieira, France still would've lost even with Zizou.  I highly doubt that morale would've made Trezeguet's kick go in.  Anyways that's my opinion, take it as you will.

Phyth Glenfield
Mounted Mercenary
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006, 11:54:23 PM »

Quote:
you can't insult someone's family, especially at the finals of the world cup. That's far beyond the realm of bad sportsmanship.

Well, so is headbutting someone...

Actually, we only have the word of the headbutter that it was his family that was insulted. The other guy claims he was yelling, but not insulting the guys family. Personally I think they were both acting stupid.  

Buckaroo Banzai

Phyth Glenfield

Buckaroo Banzai

Phyth Glenfield
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]