Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ered Edhel, Meladrhim Elf, Ranger  (Read 20346 times)
Ered edhel
Drifting Ranger
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim

« on: December 21, 2006, 06:46:28 AM »

Name: Ered Edhel

Race: Elf

Tribe: Meladrhim (Grey) Tribe

Title: Drifting Ranger

APPEARANCE

Height: 1 Ped, 2 Fores, 3 Nailsbreadths

Weight: 1 Pygge, 4 Hebs, 1 Hafeb

Eye Color: Gray

Hair Color: White

Physical Appearance
  Due to his heritage from the learned Injerín and the rough, adventurous Artyrhón; he shares many characteristics with his relatives, being tall with sharp, angular features. He also has a light colouring: his complexion is best described to be typically pale, one could almost believe him to be made of the finest porcelain if it were not for his rather unkempt appearance. His hair is pure white which is more common than one might imagine. His hair is straight, and is worn loose. His eyes are a soft grey, contributing to his name.  He has a tattoo of three lines interwoven into each other in a neverending loop on his left bicep.

Clothes
  He wears a leather cape when it is cold out but more often than not he goes without it.  He also wears a light weight vest made of the hide of the nul'tum which he obtain from hunting in the Kuglimz lands. He also wears trousers fashioned from the nul'tum as well. Since he hunts for what he eats he wears protectors for the major joints; the elbows, wrists, knees and ankles to prevent jarring and strains. He wears hide boots that are soled with wood.

Personality
   It is hard for him to trust someone but once you have his trust he will die before that trust ends.  In his eyes there is neither good nor bad just perspective.  He tends to keep to himself, and cares little for the affairs of most other people; save instances he might find interesting. He is often viewed as an unforgiving elf, with a bad temper (when someone manages to arouse it).  Since he was banished from his tribe for not caring for the tribe, he can be a very steadfast companion, and will always pull his own weight in a group of trusted allies.                 

Strengths and Weaknesses

a) Strengths
  1)He can track an animal, beast or being if it passed a place up to a week previously in the wilderness.
  2)He can run in the forest and hardly make a sound.
  3)He is decent in the use of a dagger

b) Weaknesses
  1)He is a loner and trust no one which gets him into more than his share of trouble (He will insist on doing everything by himself even if he knows he might not make it back alive.  He believes that he is better off because he doesn't have to worry about getting stabbed in the back if he is alone.)
  2)He suffers from a mild case of the Strangling disease  (He may feel breathless when running or working but feels perfectly well when sitting or walking.
  3)He is very claustrophobic. (His fear of small places is so great that when confined to a tight space he freezes and cant' move)

History

Growing up in Northern Sarvonia born to the Meladr'him, he has never had much contact with other races and little contact with other elves.  Because of his tribes nomadic life style he has never been in one location more than 3 months at a time and that is only in the winter months.  Ever since he can remember he has been a little bit of an odd ball compared to his fellow tribesmen.  While the others did what needed to be done to help the tribe Ered was usually caught day dreaming about the world outside his own. 

The only thing that kept his interest was the fact that one of the elders of the tribe gave him a Jhe'vai dagger when he was 50 by which he was drawn to for some unknown reason.  Trying to keep Ered interested and focused the elder started to train him in the use of the dagger.  He would always space out in the middle of training dreaming of what is beyond the sea.  The elder was able to keep his training until he was 98 years of age. After this point his focus was drawn more to his dreams of the outside world.

On his 100th celebration of his birth he thought that he would see for himself what is out there.  He tried to sneak on board a boat that belonged to the Arthyron elves.  Since he got caught trespassing and since he neglected his duties to the tribes survival during the winter months he was punished severely.  He was told that since he did not care for the tribe and since he wanted to see the outside world then from this point on he was banished from the tribe never to return.

He left his only known family back in Hovel Frond in Northern Savonian as the boat left for Southern Sarvonia.  While on the waters to Southern Sarvonia a mighty storm hit and caused the boat to sink and he washed up on the shore of the Heath of Salazar.  He was found lying unconscious by a Sanhorrhim Elf boat which is heading home to the Vontron Forest.  As Ered woke he found himself in a strange new place but he was welcomed only by the elves that picked him up after his boat sank.  Since he told that he was banished from his tribe the other elves don't like the idea that he was in their village.  They believed that since he was banished from his tribe that he has lost favor with the Gods and wanted nothing to do with him.  Since the elves don't like him there and he didn't want to give them any more reason to dislike him so he headed off to find where he belonged in this new land.  He headed south and came to the city of Horth.  He stayed here for 20 years living the life of a ranger for hire. 

He took many jobs in these twenty years but the one that sticks out the most is his last when he was hired by a wealthy man to guide his son to Vorton Forest.  You see, he did not want to go back into the forest because the elves there think that he has been shunned by the Gods.  Getting to the forest was no problem but when they arrived the elves would not allow Ered inside the forest.  Since he did get the wealthy man's son to the forest like he was supposed to he thought that he would be able to rest for the night then head back in the morning to get his money. 

The next morning he woke up to the sound of  screaming.  Ered ran toward the voice but when he got there it was too late for all he saw was the son laying on the ground without life and two elves standing around him.  For some reason, even though it was beyond the details of his mission, he felt he had to avenge the son so he pulled out his daggers and killed the two elves.  What he did not know was that the death of the son of the wealthy man was a part of a deal made by the wealthy man.

After hiding the bodies of the elves he carried the son back to the wealthy man.  As soon as Ered reached the wealthy mans house he fall to the ground unable to breath because of the Strangling Disease that he suffers from.  As Ered calmed down he told the man what had happened and the man became crazy with anger. After the man calmed down, he apologized to Ered and told him to stay for the night and in the morning he will recieve his payment for the job.  After Ered went to bed the wealthy man hired an assassin to kill Ered because of his unknowing interference but since his son was so easily killed while Ered slept the wealthy man informed the assassian that he would have no problem killing Ered in his sleep. 

That night the assassin entered Ered's room and slowly pulled out his dagger preparing to cut Ered's throat, but to the assassins surprise Ered's eyes were open and watching the assassin.  Before the assassin had time to strike Ered pulled his dagger from beside the bad and stabbed the assassin.  A little shook up by all of this Ered went to find the wealthy man to see if he was alright.  When Ered approached the wealthy man's door the man spoke out, "Is that you? Is the job done? Is he dead?"  As soon as Ered heard this he barged into the room ready to kill the man for attempting to kill him but after wrestling with the man he was about to give the final blow his Strangling Disease started up and he wasn't able to finish the job so he struggled as he left the house to put this behind him.  As soon as the man realized Ered had left he put a price on Ered's head.
     Ever since that day Ered has been moving from one place to another trying to stay one step ahead of the bounty hunters.     

Weapons
  1) Ered owns a Jhe'vai dagger

Belongings
  The clothes on his back, as well as a little back pack with and extra set of clothes, a money purse, a water flask, and rations for a few days.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 06:37:15 AM by Kalína Mërénwèn » Logged

Navar The Rogue Assassin
The Rogue Assassin
Approved Character

Elf, Coór'hém

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 07:20:57 AM »

Hey, on your weaknesses all you need to put are things that vcould adversly effect your character in battle, trick knee, afaid of flames etc anything that makes him weak. nHope that helped

There are those who KILL and those who are KILLED, guess which one YOU are.

~Navar~

need help with your character?
clurion24
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 10:32:07 AM »

I'm still kinda new myself to this setup but as a weakness you could put like poorly skilled in melee combat or something like will betray others easily and stuff like that based on his personality and his strengths.
Ered edhel
Drifting Ranger
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 08:39:12 AM »

I need help with the history of Ered because the Grey Elf entry does give me much to start with.  I do see one problem with this character already though; which is based on this statement:

The Grey elves cannot leave the continent as their sea dwelling cousins the Arthyron elves do, because, as mentioned previously they drive small herds of animals.

Can anyone help with this?

Twén Aråerwén
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Ifer’hém

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 09:01:40 AM »

This means that the culture herds animals and with their dependence on this type of lifestyle they do not travel much. This does not mean that everyone of their tribe is limited in this regard. The average character is a cut above the norm for most any tribe. Many people in ancient times never traveled more than 10miles from their home in their entire lives. If this were applied to players strictly, there would be no such thing as adventurers. Find a reasonable reason for your character to leave and write some history to his event and you should be in the clear. Though this depends on how it is written, use your imagination.
~Sincerely~
Cáo fá cár'tuulén:Twen Araerwen

•º•The spell fell upon the crowd like a dragon, •º•
•º•ancient and full of death.•º•
_.·´¯) Twén Aråerwén's CD(¯`·._
Ered edhel
Drifting Ranger
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2006, 12:03:32 PM »

an imagination is something i don't really have as far as creating.  i thought about having someone twist my elves mind and have him go on an errand for yhis man to end up lost an alone but as far as details about this I don't have a clue.

Thróg'Shireníc
New Santharian

Elf, Melad'rhim

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2006, 12:09:20 PM »

you dont have to add a familiar section if you dont have one and also for a history just look around at other elves from this tribe and see what they did or look at just plain old other CDs.

May this bless all who read it with what it holds:

Sé ilian thelduin onr líf un mor'ranr thelduin onr freohr.
Ered edhel
Drifting Ranger
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2006, 03:19:10 PM »

A little taste of the history is up.  I haven't work it all out yet be just bare with me and give me some pointers on what is there.  Thanks in advance.

Thróg'Shireníc
New Santharian

Elf, Melad'rhim

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2006, 03:24:21 PM »

That is a nice start so now the only thing is to add some more about what he did after he landed and started exploring the world. I think you should add stuff like where he goes and in what order. Also maybe add how he was treated most of the time in his travels.

Ered edhel
Drifting Ranger
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2006, 04:00:17 PM »

I will get there sometime soon but right now this is all my mind could come up with.

Ered edhel
Drifting Ranger
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 02:41:00 PM »

I have added a little to the history but it is coming along very slowly because I don't have much skill in this area of a CD build.

Thróg'Shireníc
New Santharian

Elf, Melad'rhim

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2007, 07:47:08 AM »

the only thing that needs to be added that since he left the village at 50 and he is 173 now that you need to maybe tell a little more about how long he stayed here or there and say maybe what he did in the last what so ever years that he was in Caelum just to cover up that big emptieness.

Ered edhel
Drifting Ranger
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2007, 07:59:26 AM »

I will but I might have to change a little bit because there isn't an entry for Caelum, but I don't see where else I can have him go train and age a little bit.  I have to get him to age 123 years and I know atleast 100 years will be training with his daggers and spear.  I just don't have a clue where or who to get to train him nor do I know what to do for the next 23 years.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 07:15:03 PM by Ered edhel » Logged

Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2007, 03:39:02 AM »

He's a Meladrhim.  Having weapon skills from existing will be completely possible.
Ered edhel
Drifting Ranger
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2007, 04:14:12 AM »

If he has no training what will he do in a fight?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 30, 2021, 06:05:42 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]