Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 4 -- Salvaging Nepris  (Read 38881 times)
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Mini-mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2005, 03:56:22 AM »

Terra can see the fustration building in her apponent, even as he made an eratic attempt to stab back at her. Terra has not stopped moving however and is clear of the path of her apponents blade, already preparing to strike at him again. This time Terra spins around sending her Moonblade into a powerful arch towards her apponent, she shifts her wait putting more power into her blades arch, but not enough that she is off balance. Though in rush, Terra comes to expect her fight with this apponent to end rather quickly, unless of course her apponent puts asise his fustration and forcuses his mind on the fight at hand.

'I am grey. All but those like me see only darkness and light, they do not see the grey between them. In this greyness I dwell. I would not wish this fate on any other.'

Erián'melór
The Shadow of Death
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2005, 10:37:22 AM »

A beautiful young woman stood before the Elf, wearing nothing save a red scarf and underwear to match. Her eyes were the blue of a crystal clear lake and they glared at Erian intensely as she questioned him.

"So, what's your story? You just like to barge into rooms and offer to help out any old mercenary, or am I special because I'm a woman?"

She stood as though she had no concern for the fact that she was almost nude in the presence of a stranger. She truly was among the finest of the fairer sex. She might not feel shame, but Erian knew that he had no right to see her dressed in this manner. He turned his back and spoke over his shoulder without looking back at the woman.

"I was sleeping in the next room when I heard a commotion. I feared for the safety of whoever slept in this room. When I saw you fighting this brute, then I knew I had to do everything in my power to protect you. I cannot bear to see a woman harmed."

Erian Melor~The spark of life rests upon the edge of a knife.
~Elf Age Calculator
~Measures Converter

Illix
New Santharian

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2005, 10:56:22 AM »

Illix watched as the stranger averted his gaze and wondered as to why he was when she realised that she was still missing the majority of her clothing. She decided that this man could prove useful and after he'd finished his typical "here to save the fair maiden" babble she spoke up.

"Well, that's nice and all, but I still don't know anything about you. There's no time for pleasentries right now, when he wakes up he won't be in the best of moods," she said, gesturing to Darien. "There's someone I'm trying to find, he's in danger. I've hidden my clothes, armor and weapons in an alley nearby for safekeeping while I was fooling that scum into giving me the information I needed. If you'd like to assist me in rescuing the mage I'm looking for then follow me, if not then step aside.

Here I go, playing the Hero again...

Warrior Kaelan
Footman
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2005, 07:40:22 AM »

Another guest to what to Kaelan seemed to be the old woman's - Pellagra, apparently - spontaneous tea. Then again, this isn't the Milkengrad army, anything could be a regular practice around here, such as domesticated large cats. Kaelan's only response is to look the sailor over and give a nod in greeting.

Why do you ask?

Paladia Entonei
New Santharian

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2005, 07:27:22 AM »

The arrows flew through the air, quick and deadly, but only if she had been there. After the barrage had passed, the section of the forest fell into a smothering quiet save for the clash of steel echoing up from down the hill. No birds sang, no animals stirred. No trace of Paladia remained. There was only quiet, as a breeze rippled through the trees. Only the most trained ear could hear the one unnatural sound of a blade being drawn from a sheath.

As if she had been a part of the tree the whole time, Paladia sidled out from behind the trunk of which Zerigron's head was near and pressed the cold steel of her blade to his neck, which heaved with each shallow breath. Pally's brow was cold with sweat. She had killed already in battle, but this man. This enemy, was dying. Unarmed. Incapable of fighting. He was no more threat to her. Yet, there was so much risk. So much indecision.

Pally bit her lip. "Somebody tell me what to do!" she cried out to herself, begging for a higher rank to come out and tell it to her straight. The archer looked down at the elf and then to her arrow in his chest.

The red-haired warrior rushed down the hillside, her bow strung as Paladia rounded the cottage for a better shot of Terra's position. Back in the wooded area, nature returned to it's regular course. The birds sang. Animals rustled in the trees. And the only evidence of Pally was a dagger stained with Zerigron's blood thrown into the thick brush.

~~~

Dominic and his opponent grunted in struggle, grappling over each other and fighting for foot placement. It was over rather quickly. The other large man was tired and weary from the battle and his fall into the basement. Dominic found an opening, took his enemy's hair in his hands and slammed the man's temple against a wood support beam. His jaw crunched with the force, blood poured freely from both nostrils and his lip was swollen. Without so much of a groan, the large man slumped to the ground.

While Dominic was admiring his work, he also spotted a large iron prybar. A grim smile on his jovial features, the sailor took it up and turned. He saw the mage, surprised that they had brought him to the basement and not the attic, and then saw the man towering over him. Moving to save the mage, Dom then saw the other opponent. He could tell by his stance alone that if the sailor went in to take the man with the sword down, Radirez would be on him like wine on a white shirt. Hoping the mage could magick some protection for himself, Dominic charged in on Radirez, crow-bar whistling on a downwards chop.

~~~

The swordsman brought his scimitar up with a weak block, the power behind Terra's blow easilly disassembling it. His backstepped it for a few paces, but not fast enough. The blade bit through his swordarm and then made a deep cut across his chest.

One of the men from the house charged out towards Terra's back but was struck down within seconds. Staring wide-eyed down at the arrow in his heart, he staggered and slumped to his knees. Two more men charged out of the little cottage towards Terra, both at the same time. Pally was stringing another arrow and she called out to Terra, hoping her voice carried loud enough. One of the charging men looked up at the voice, remembering his fallen comrad. His young face twisted with fear for a second, but reverted back to his instruction and barrelled down in on Terra.

The younger swordsman had been running faster than his older, shorter, counterpart and attempted to drive his shortsword in for a quick thrust. A few seconds later, the shorter mercenary swung in from the right with a slow arch, the dirk flashing in the afternon sun.

Edited by: Luca the Thief at: 7/12/05 5:57
Isaraldor Glamthail
Mystic of the Wind
Approved Character

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2005, 08:09:22 AM »

*performs godly manuever of having his illusion split down the center* :p

Althother Isaraldor was indeed very much in fear, Isaraldor knew what to do. Isarador scrambled out of the way of the blow towards a bigger area underneath the stairs. When he saw he charging ally with a crobar, Isaraldor whispered silently to himself, "checkmate", before slowly falling into yet another unconsciousness. His battered mind however, fought to remain conscious, hopefully until something good for Isaraldor happened.

Ever meet the fury of the wind?
Erián'melór
The Shadow of Death
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2005, 01:25:22 AM »

"Well, that's nice and all, but I still don't know anything about you. There's no time for pleasentries right now, when he wakes up he won't be in the best of moods. There's someone I'm trying to find, he's in danger. I've hidden my clothes, armor and weapons in an alley nearby for safekeeping while I was fooling that scum into giving me the information I needed. If you'd like to assist me in rescuing the mage I'm looking for then follow me, if not then step aside."

Erian was relieved to hear that this was not the way she normally dressed. He knew that a woman could attract the wrong kind of attention if she dressed in that manner. She spoke of a mage that need help, Erian had never before met a mage and had no reason to dislike one. He would help to rescue this mage, if only to ensure that the woman stayed safe. She seemed to be the type that attracted trouble like some women attracted husbands.

"I told you that my blades were at your service, and they will be yours to command as long as you have need of me. I am a stranger in Nepris, perhaps you should lead the way to the alley that you mention. It would be easier to defend your back if I could look at it without feeling shame."

~Elf Age Calculator
~Measures Converter

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Mini-mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2005, 05:55:22 AM »

Though Terra is already aware of more men rushing toward her, she was not prepared to defend heself when the first attacked with a quik thrust. The thrust missed its mark as Terra contiues to move, but she could feel the blade cut into the leather armor at her back, and retaliates by driving an elbow toward his head while she spins toward the shorter slower attacker to her right. Without taking the time to wait and see the effect of her blow on the first attacker, Terra brings her Moonblade to bear on the second, the blade sweeping with a measured grace towards the attackers arm hoping to deflect the blow, or cause injury forcing the man to drop his weapon.

'I am grey. All but those like me see only darkness and light, they do not see the grey between them. In this greyness I dwell. I would not wish this fate on any other.'

Illix
New Santharian

« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2005, 09:45:22 AM »

(please ignore)

Edited by: Illix at: 7/13/05 4:15
Illix
New Santharian

« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2005, 11:02:22 AM »

"I told you that my blades were at your service, and they will be yours to command as long as you have need of me. I am a stranger in Nepris, perhaps you should lead the way to the alley that you mention. It would be easier to defend your back if I could look at it without feeling shame."

Illix chuckled to herself at the swordsman's words. They made their way downstairs and Illix stopped a moment to tell the innkeeper that a vase was broken, and that the fellow she'd come in with would pay for it in the morning when he checked out. She and Eri then made their way to the alley where Illix had hidden her weapons and clothing. Eri kept watch while Illix clothed and armed herself. She removed the makeshift scarf from her face now, as she had no intentions of assaulting the swordsman in her present company. She put the cloth in her pocket, perhaps she'd be able to get it sown back onto her cloak again at some point.

She emerged from the alley and the two of them made their way to the house Darien had mentioned, and Illix saw that a battle had already begun. She saw one woman she recognised from the group had her hands full with two swordsmen while the elf who'd been rather rude to her before was running around trying to use her bow to assist her.

"You said your blades were at my service? In that case use them to help her while I try to find the mage," Illix said to Erian, pointing to Terra.

Suddenly, something caught her eye. She saw a wood pile that was in a glorious state of dissarray and just past that was a rther large hole in the ground, and sounds of combat were coming from inside. Illix ran over, snapping out her glove's blades as she did, and saw that the hole lead to stairs, which in turn lead to a cellar where she saw five men, one bloody and unconcious, one bloody and weilding a peice of metal she couldn't see clearly enough to recognise, one wearing armor and weilding a peice of metal too sharp and lethal NOT to recognise, and two more who were hidden from her view by shadows, one had a sword.

Illix remained perched on the top step unsure of what to do, and who to attack, when an Idea struck her. She simply called into the cellar "Darien Gulath is Dead!" and waited to see who cared...

Shan Gutarus
New Santharian

« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2005, 01:12:22 PM »

The flying elbow caught the younger man across the face, cutting a small scratch across his cheek bone. He lifted his sword to take out Terra with her back turned, but was surprised to receive not one, but two, solid strikes through the chest by a pair of elven arrows. The balding warrior's blow was deflected, but the more experienced mercenary regained his footing. His strike reversed directions with a fluid turn and the dirk came in low for Terra's ribs.

~~~

There was a heavy silence in the cottage as Thaedras seated himself on the small, too small, upholstered bench. Pellegra poured the tea, slowly, carefully without spilling a drop. Shan watched steam rising from the spiced cakes on the table and licked his jowls with a lolling tongue. Deciding that he wasn't about to have one soon, the shingar stetched out on the little rug at the door and lay down, his tail swaying from side to side and resting his head on large, clawed paws.

Giving the setup a nod of approval, Pellegra looked up at her guests. Some warriors. Some distinguished men. Some still boys. But they were going to save the world. Or at least, as much as a world that Pellegra found herself concerned with.

"As you may or may not have noticed," she began slowly, her face kind but worn with age, "There's trouble going on in our little town. It started only a few short months ago, and being the simple folk we're being, nobody did a damn thing about it." Cole dipped his head quietly, dark rims around his eyes. "But now, somebody's about to do a thing about it. Because if nobody does now, nobody ever will. And nothing's planning on going away itself. I've heard word that we're not the only folk that's seen this trouble. There's another small fishing town south o' here...Berinlou; south of Marcogg near that other gulf. Now...I'm not about to say I know about war or nothing, but I know plans when I hear em. And the plans I've heard, and now you've heard, are plans for war. Or something like it."

Shan's ears pricked at the mention of Marcogg. His home. The cat growled quietly from his throat, eying Pellegra suspiciously. He didn't like the old woman. She knew too much and wasn't telling near half of it. How did she know? Where did this information come from?

The old woman ignored the cat's threatening sounds. "Strange people have been coming into town. Bringing carts and small caravans through the mountains, and nobody's seeing the goods. Big ships come in, stock and leave during the night. They're ruining my town! I've lived here my whole life, and don't you be worrying about how long that may be, and things have changed more these past weeks than those past decades. Everybody's quiet. Everybody's secretive. Boys, I want my town back." Pellegra took a sip from her tea, old, penetrating grey eyes staring back at all of them over the crescent of her cup. There was silence at first, though soon broken by Cole.

The young man slammed a hand down on the hardwood table, glaring at Pellegra. "It's not so simple! They're armed. They're trained. They're completely devoid of feeling. They can level this town at whim, if they wanted. Why they don't, is beyond me." He held his head in his hands and took a deep breath. "They've already taken my father and his livelihood. I don't know what I'm supposed to do about anything anymore."

Warrior Kaelan
Footman
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2005, 08:25:22 PM »

Kaelan listens intently, and when the dialogue is finished, he turns to Cole, asking rhetorically, "And we're not?"

Being a mercenary meant many things, and regardless of one's past, one of the things it entailed was one's ability versus many. Kaelan can't claim to be able to take on an army, having been trained as a soldier, but unfair odds was always a good game; it gave you a chance to really make a difference, or die in glory.

Why do you ask?

Erián'melór
The Shadow of Death
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2005, 02:00:22 AM »

Erian stood upon a field of chaos. The screams of dying men corrupted the air, and even the dismal Elf could feel their sorrow. They lived such short lives, and this battle was ensuring that they would not live to their full potential. He paused as the woman he had arrived with dashed off toward the house. There seemed to be several combatants, and he could not distinguish friend from foe. He was shocked to realize that the warrior fighting two foes at once was a woman! Her long red hair flowed behind her as she danced a dance of death. She appeared to be outnumbered as the younger foe managed to slash her armor, and Erian unsheathed his blades as he prepared to aid the woman. He would not allow such a fair creature to perish. He stopped a few peds away from the combatants as two elven arrows bloomed in the chest of the taller man. The woman seemed quite capable and would not need his help against her remaining opponent. Erian stood and watched the pair as they fought, for he was prepared to rush in to save the woman if a moment arose where his help was required.

~Elf Age Calculator
~Measures Converter

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Mini-mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2005, 06:08:22 AM »

Terra notes that the younger of her apponents is taken down by two solid arrow hits to the chest, and focuses her full attention to the older. Using her agile form to her advantage Terra steps around the blade, bringing her Moonblade up above her head in a single graceful movement, then swings it powerfully down on foe, turning on the ball of her feet appding power to the swing from her entire body. As if descends on her apponent the blade tip beggins to whistle its destincive whistle, and one that makes no mistake of the weapons leathal intent.

Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2005, 07:02:22 AM »

Radirez:

The large man Dominic charged with the iron bar onto Radirez. And Radirez tried to dodge but his agility failed him. He could be a fully armoured war machine being able to withstand some mighty punches but the flaw was his speed. He stumbled backwards but he was unable to dodge the thundering swing and fire sparked from his armour as the crowbar slid down his expensive armoured vest. He barely felt pain but the shock of the hit had thrown him off-balance, He dropped the sword and grabbed around to hold something, He could not fall to the ground because then he would be the most vulnerable, If he fell it would take him so much time to get up with his heavy weighing suit to give the enemy enough time to maim him. Radirez stumbled backwards even further and tripped over a previous slain body,… (Isaraldor’s kill) But managed to grab himself towards a wooden pillar just in time. He quickly reinforced himself by grabbing 2 of his secondary weapons. Two maces where drawn and on his turn he stood ready for a counter strike.

“ The entire thing gone wrong, I’m losing all of my men here, And there is one darned person to blame;… Darién,.. It proves that he is a traitor by not fighting along with us”.

Radirez just knew that Darién was too skilled in his profession to get caught by these heroes. Even though they had underestimated their strengths greatly,.. The battle was far from entirely lost. Areytuk was still out there and his skill exceeded all of them!, Not to mention their final men. Now at this point they where about to lose all that they have build, Their strengths and their power over this town because of a simple act of greed. The Shingar cat started it all,… Now it was just a matter of revenge and self-respect. These people dared to disturb them with THEIR business. And now the legendary Darién; Known by many of the great ones in the underworld betrayed them. He hadn’t kept his part of the bargain, And it was definitely something that should be taken care off once they’ve dealed with their attackers.

"Darien Gulath is Dead!"

A voice called from above the broken hatch where Dominic and Radirez’s now unconscious minion had smashed their way in…
A woman was there delivering this message, And for a moment Radirez was doubting if this was good news, Or bad news? If Darién was dead then it meant that he simply failed to deliver the message (of leading the heroes in their trap) and might have squealed out their entire plan when he probably was tortured to death trying to save his life in a final attempt…
However much time for any speculation wasn’t there because he was in a fight, And as he smashed one of his maces towards Dominic’s left flank he called out; Burton! Get her!, The mage will be dealt with later! Seeing that Isaraldor currently wasn’t in a state of fighting, Probably still beaten up from only half an hour earlier…

The twitchy swordsman ignored Isaraldor and sprinted over towards Illix to finish her. Burton was definitely not an easy opponent and did a great job in covering Radirez’s back.

Darién:

“Are you okay sir?” “He isn’t waking up, And he is bleeding all over the floor, I think he is dead…” “No he isn’t,.. He is breathing, can’t you see?” “Well the nearly naked woman that was previously downstairs told me that this man was a dangerous criminal, So maybe we should tie him up to be certain”.  “Let me get the rope”.
Voices and a banging head. But Darién was awake,… Even though he hadn’t opened his eyes yet he was indeed conscious again. And the entire event replayed itself in his head one more time. He remembered everything, And even tough he was only out for ten minutes,… It was like he had been unconscious for hours. Fresh energy circulated trough his body slowly building and unleashing a rush of adrelline; fed by his own foolishness of bying beaten down by surprise. He opened his eyes and stared right into the eyes of the barman from downstairs who seemed to hold a rope in his hands. And 2 other people, A man and a woman, Probably a waitress and a visitor.
In a furious rage he sprang from the ground grabbing the barkeeper by the throat. The poor man was shaken with stupidity and surprise as Darién smashed his head on the wooden edge of the bed. So…. You… Wanted…. To … Tie… Me… up?… With every word Darién spoke he smashed the man’s head upon the edge and when blood started to splatter he loosened his grip leaving the man to fall unconscious on the floor. The woman started to scream and the other man seemed not brave enough to confront Darién. So Darién confronted him. With a mighty punch he smashed against the man’s nose to floor him. And Then he drew one of his verocious war swords and kept it on the screaming woman’s neck. Shut up! Or I will pierce your throat! And the woman was silenced. A grin appeared on Darién lips and he sheathed his sword again as he left the room towards downstairs. Some people watched the assassin with a slight suspicion, Curious on what had played there in Darién’s room.

Darién slowly padded on his way towards the woodcutter's house… He knew what would await him there… If his target’s had moved in careful enough and managed to charge without Radirez being able to use the element of surprise it would probably be a slaughter up there. And all out bloody war. And he was the one to blame for that. Also Areytuk wouldn’t appriciate this. Darién had destroyed the final trust and loyalty Areytuk had for him and it where now 2 parties he might have to face… The best thing he could do was to escape and never return in this town but on his own sick way he was to proud to run, He had to redeem himself,… Redeem his ego and respect. So he walked and reached the edge of the forest only being removed a few hundred peds from the battle spot, And he could hear the sounds of battle and steel on steel in the nearby distance. He walked into a battle that could once again mean his very own demise….

Edited by: Darien Gulath at: 7/14/05 23:10
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]