Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nyermersys - New Players Information and Joining Instructions  (Read 25010 times)
Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« on: January 20, 2007, 08:56:31 PM »

Joining
To join the city of Nyermersys, you must read this entire thread and follow the instructions. The steps to joining are:

1. You must be titled.
2. You must post your character description in the Character Description thread by following the instructions laid out in the first post.
3. You must post a request to join within this thread, and then wait for a moderator’s approval. This will be helpful to get the moderators attention so they can instruct you if your character fits into the city, and if so, where to make your first Role Playing post.
4. Along with your request to join, you must state what you believe your characters funds are and why.  You can read further details about this here.

If you are new to the Santharian Dream, please make sure you have created a character in the Character Descriptions forum and have received a title from an administrator. If you are unsure about any of the above, here is some information that should help you on a quick path to titling and joining.

Other Useful Information

Greybark’s Ten Commandments of RP'ing.
Print it out, hang it above your bed, learn it by heart, and live by it.

Thou shalt not play God
Thou shalt not solve all the problems of the universe all by yourself.
Thou shalt add details to your writing to keep it from being boring.
Thou shalt be true to the character of your character.
Thou shalt make sense.
Thou shalt not kill other characters or decide what damage they get.
Thou shalt be patient for other characters to post.
THOU SHALT NOT WRITE IN ALL CAPS AS IT IS HIGHLY ANNOYING.
Tho shlt nat us fels spillin n gremmmer.
Thou shalt not decide thy neighbor actions, or his wife's actions, or his ox's actions....

Taken from the Role-Playing Tutorial. For the link, see above.

Resident PCs
Players have the option of becoming resident PCs. Resident PCs are those who wish to set up a shop, become a guard, work a tavern. If this sounds like something you want to have your character do, just contact the moderators, and they will see what they can do. It is a possibility to have your own thread created as a place for you character. For example, if you wished to have your character named Sam start up a paint shop, a thread could be created called “Sam’s Paint and Accessories.” This is only an option and is not necessary by any means. A word of caution: depending on how you wish to place you character, posting and RPing as resident PCs may be infrequent. This type of RPing is ideal for a character whom is also RPing somewhere else at the time, and wants a little more to do.  Though this can be countered by involving yourself in some of the storylines that are taking place within the city.  An easy way of doing this is to leave your business and venture else where, perhaps the closest tavern.

Moderator Application
Wish to aid your fellow moderators within Nyermersys?  All that is needed is to send a message to one of the existing moderators, who in turn will notify all other moderators and discuss your application.

What to include in your application:
~ What can you offer to the team?
~ Do you have any idea of a subplot (sub quest) that you could run alongside the main plot/quest?
~ What other characters do you play within the city, if you play multiple ones.
~ Why the interest in joining the team?
~ A little about yourself and your style of moderating.

Valerian Folken
Fallen Knight
Approved Character

Human, Epheronian

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 11:27:30 AM »

I would like to join, although we might need to talk about how much funds I have (a character of my diverse talents can have a lot of funds, or a little, or somewhere in between. Whatever would fit best.)

[Gararion-approved] Seven Silverbards starting wealth.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 01:57:30 PM by Valerian Folken » Logged

The Goddess gave man shadow, that they might find their own light - Valerian Folken
Tiras The White Rose
The White Rose
Approved Character

Human , Male ,Erpheronian

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 02:04:41 PM »

I will like to join with any of my two characters , Tiras( a seducer ) or Malavon ( slayer of mages )
Both links are here , if you want to have a look .

I do not fear magic , it should fear me !!!     <a href="http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php?topic=789.0" target="top">Malavon[/url]

“My crime? It is a serious one -- you see, I am too handsome to look upon.”
<a href="http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php?topic=815.msg27340#msg27340 target="top">Tiras The White Rose[/url]
Niccoli Faust
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 08:58:31 PM »

I'm in. I need something to do. I shall dig up my CD link from where i had it pasted...
As for funds... Hmm... Niccoli does work on a regular basis, as well as a slight five finger augmentation to his paycheck. I'd say he's well off at present.
Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 09:03:03 AM »

Haven't really looked at your CD's (tired as hell), so you have to help me out in decided your wealth.  Here are some questions to help us out:

• How easily would your character be able to purchase a well made sword?
  • What do you figure his source(s) of income might be?
  • How often does he do the above thing and makes profit.
  • If your character is a theif, does he go after small thigns, peoples pockets or larger things, merchants houses?

Also, keep in mind this.  In this age, a peasants hard day at work may earn him a erg a day (4 sans).  This would be only enough to buy his family their daily meals most likely, some times not even enough if they have to pay taxes.  And just so you have an idea of how little this is, a well made human smithed sword would cost around 5 silverbards (500 sans).  So just keep this in mind when you are thinking about the above answers.

Tiras The White Rose
The White Rose
Approved Character

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 04:34:34 PM »

Well , Malavon being the "Wizards Bane " is a well know mercenary , doing whatever as long as the price is right , it isn´t a steady flow of income but he does get some well paid jobs , i guess.

And Tiras is a thief of a sort , he survives due to his lovers , as many will gladly sustain the "White Rose"  evil, and when not ,Tiras is a skilled con artist , a charlatan , capable of doing small thefts to survive .

<a href="http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php?topic=815.msg27340#msg27340 target="top">Tiras The White Rose[/url]
Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 10:05:01 PM »

Which one are you preferring to play?

Tiras The White Rose
The White Rose
Approved Character

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 10:42:58 AM »

Any of the two, ill leave to you to chose what its best for the story , if i get accepted .

Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 10:19:20 PM »

Really, it is all up to you.  The way I run city adventures is a little different then most I think, due to my D&D background.  Within the city, I'll most likely have at least a half dozen storylines running, some involving actual players while others may be offered storylines that never got picked up.  For example:  You hear noises in a ally but choose not to investigate.  Just because you choose not to investigate, doesn't mean nothing happened in the ally that night and perhaps you'll hear of it from a passerby the next day.

So in honesty, it doesn't matter which character joins.  I'd rather have the player choose so that there is a better chance of s/he being happy.

Tiras The White Rose
The White Rose
Approved Character

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 01:05:28 PM »

Well in that case , i will prefer Tiras .

Although Malavon is my oldest cd , lately i came to enjoy more to play with Tiras .

Niccoli Faust
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007, 11:52:46 PM »

How easily would your character be able to purchase a well made sword?
What do you figure his source(s) of income might be?
How often does he do the above thing and makes profit.
If your character is a theif, does he go after small thigns, peoples pockets or larger things, merchants houses?

Niccoli's primary source of income would be theivery. Definetly small valuable things that one can pawn to the first merchant one sees and be done with it. Illegal trades aside, Niccoli works as a Sea Guide, on ships of all sorts and descriptions, though due to his slight tendancy to steal things that don't happen to be tied or bolted down on the ship.
Niccoli's primary source of getting anywhere is this job, so he would have done one or two passages to get to nyermersys. The easiest way i figure, is running with a merchant vessal or two to Voldar, and then up the river there, portaging his coracle if necessary to Nyer. Or other wise along the same river with a smaller vessal bound from the north. That would leave him looking for a quick bit of money to supplement a fairly decent purse i'd say.
At the momment, the sword purchasing would be done easily, though it'd leave him a bit high and dry as with regards to money.
Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2007, 02:15:14 PM »

Okay, lots of chores this weekend, including buying 3 lovebirds and setting up the cage and stuff resulted in me not getting around to doing any work here, so expect replies tomorrow from me.

Kareesh Valendar
Hatred's Fury
CD Mod

Elf, Arthyron

Homepage
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2007, 03:04:40 PM »

Ooooh....I have a cockatail. Although he likes biting, which is not always good....

Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2007, 12:06:55 PM »

Okay, I've updated the Income list with the current players who have posted here.  If I missed anyone, (doesn't think he has) then I apologies and ask for you to speak up so I know.

Also, I've entered in some funds for two of you.  If you believe your character would have more or less funds, please explain to me, be it a PM or here.  We can talk it out and come to an agreement.  Or if you wish me to explain where I got the value I got, then please ask and I'll explain.  Off to bed now.  Talk to yous tomorrow.

Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2007, 11:50:22 AM »

Addressing the issue of income, Kelancey is in between jobs at the moment, hiring himself out for healing services in the South Garden on Prayday, Ploughday and Brewday.  He would administer services to people he knew personally in the Hospital of Seyella throughout the week.
  I'm not certain what a White Nehtorian would charge for their services, but the entry about them suggests they work only for lodging and food, and maybe some donations to their Order.  To that end, he could probably muster donations equivalent to the cost of a well-made sword in two to four weeks, I'd guess, but that would probably be directed to the White Order, not for his personal use.
  Does that muddy the waters enough, or shall I confuse matters more?

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."  --Master Yoda
Kelancey the Green
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]