Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nyermersys - New Players Information and Joining Instructions  (Read 25027 times)
Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2007, 03:06:05 PM »

Addressing the issue of income, Kelancey is in between jobs at the moment, hiring himself out for healing services in the South Garden on Prayday, Ploughday and Brewday.  He would administer services to people he knew personally in the Hospital of Seyella throughout the week.
  I'm not certain what a White Nehtorian would charge for their services, but the entry about them suggests they work only for lodging and food, and maybe some donations to their Order.  To that end, he could probably muster donations equivalent to the cost of a well-made sword in two to four weeks, I'd guess, but that would probably be directed to the White Order, not for his personal use.
  Does that muddy the waters enough, or shall I confuse matters more?

I'll work on your income tomorrow.  Too tired to do so tonight.  *cusses at work*

Kali Rae
Raven Songbird
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii of the Korenjaan Order

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2007, 05:56:48 AM »

Hi Gararion,

Iid like to join your game.  I like the idea of having to worry about money, 'cause it's so often overlooked, usually for simplicity's sake.  Kudos on taking on a tricky subject.  Now, about what MY starting funds are? Let me think this through,

Although not very well stated in the CD, (Probably because I wasn't too sure about it at the time, I should fix that some day) Kali's profession is more of a social spy then a military one, although I imagine she could do military work if necessary.  In not so many words, she's a snoop.  She gets paid by whoever will pay her to find out dirty little secrets, or really anything else they want to know about another human being.  Since leaving Isthrius, not having any sort of contacts or reputation, money has been scarce at best.  Judging from the wealth of the other characters, I expect that Kali would have no more then Tiras at the moment, so say, 100 san.  That's not to say that she couldn't make a large sum if she found a wealthy client, but that's not very likely.

Rae
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 06:03:47 AM by Kali Rae » Logged

-- It is the extraordinary people that we tell stories about; still, everyone has a story if you look hard enough --

Kali Rae
Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2007, 07:04:15 AM »

Okay, I've added Garth, Kelancy and Kali.  Garth and Kali, you may post at one of the gates.

Kelancy, by your profession, I am assuming you are wishing to start within the city?  If so, let me know and of a possible location to start at.  If you can't think of one, I'll try to look around to see what we can do.  If you think of a location that has no thread at the moment, let me know and I'll do oen up for you.

Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2007, 08:09:27 AM »

Gar, there's already a description of the Hospital of Seyella in the Southern City.  The one hitch is that the entry is one and a half years old.  Can I still start there?

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."  --Master Yoda
Kelancey the Green
Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2007, 12:33:55 PM »

Yes, I've read the description of the thread and it is the same as the one I had set up when I first started the city, so feel free to post there if you wish.

Leida Kereborn
Wandering Opportunist
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2007, 10:59:14 AM »

I'd like to join too! 

Leida's a bit of a spendthrift but an able thief and assassin, so I'm going to say...1 silverbard, 1 copperbard.  Enough that she's done a job or two but spent a bit of it. :)

"They'll build a statue of us, then later say it's all our fault."

"Wherever you go, you have your rump behind you."
Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2007, 11:05:40 AM »

okay, you may post at any of the four gates mentioned in a post above by me, depending on how you figure your character will be coming.

Captain Jarrl
Gentleman of Fortune
Approved Character

Human, Avennorian

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2007, 11:30:27 AM »

I'd like to join Nyermersys. I'm not sure what my funds are, probably just enough to buy food and bribe a couple guards.

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest."

Arin Woodwealth
White Nehtorian
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2007, 06:37:55 AM »

Hullo. I'd like to join this story  :)

I'm in the city right now, as a Healer (White Nehtorian)

My funds...well a little less than Kelancey. We're the same profession but he's a Master, I'm a journeyman.

Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2007, 02:39:41 PM »

Hello both of yous and welcome.

@Arin Woodwealth:  Okay, understood.  I'll set you at about 3 ods.  Sound fair?  If so, then you can post at any of the gates, or if you wish to start elsewhere, proide the reasoning here and I'll see what I can do.

@Captain Jarrl:  How does a Silverbard sound?  Where are you planning on starting?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 02:42:42 PM by Gararion » Logged

Arin Woodwealth
White Nehtorian
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2007, 05:03:50 PM »

Yes that sounds fair enough. My character is just entering the city in my CD anyway, so that'll fit fine. Thanks for letting me join  grin

Captain Jarrl
Gentleman of Fortune
Approved Character

Human, Avennorian

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2007, 12:54:14 AM »

A silverbard is just fine. I was kind of hoping to start at the docks, if that's okay.

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest."

Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2007, 01:12:39 AM »

@Arin:  Okay.  You can start anytime in one of the four gates, depending on how you figure you are arriving.

@Jarrl: So by coming through the docks, I am assumign that you are coming by ship or some other water vessel.  That's the only way you can join at the docks.  If not, then perhaps you should use the Bloodgate.  If you are coming by ship, then feel free to post at the docks.  If not, then feel free to post at one of the other three gates.

Arriving by Ship:
{HB} Docks

Arriving By Land:
{HB} Blood Gate ~ Most likely if you are coming from the North.
{MV} Zocharras' Gate ~ Most likely if you are coming from from Selldor's Pass, which lies east.  Also an option if coming from Volder if you wish to bypass some of the city and go straight to the market.
{SC} Queprur's Gate ~ Most likely if coming from Volder direction.

Scael Pelegrene
Rapscallion and Swashbuckler
Approved Character

Human, Stratanian

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2007, 05:41:09 AM »

I hearby request entrance into the City of Death.

For money, We have two options:

1. In his CD, he's been rather successful for the past few years.....rather boringly so...he's wealthy enough to have resources for good lifestyle for a couple of years....

2. He can come upon some sort of ill-luck on the way to Nyermersys, and will have to start over again from scratch or significantly reduced (maybe a hold-out amount stuffed in a boot)

I leave it to you to whether 1 would be unbalancing....

Thanks, Scael
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 04:46:07 AM by Scael Pelegrene » Logged

“I hold a beast, an angel and a madman in me, and my enquiry is as to their working, and my problem is their subjugation and victory, downthrow and upheaval, and my effort is their self-expression.” - Dylan Thomas
Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2007, 01:27:00 AM »

Okay, looking at your CD I am thinking this:

Your character seems rather smart in swindling people, so I'm sure, even if caught off guard, we wouldn't be easy to swindle himself.  So perhaps he did get 'mugged' on his way here, but hid a few coins on him.  If he's a smart fellow, he'd keep a money pouch filled with sans.  That way when he is 'mugged' the crook is happy that he got away with a good handful of coins.  Yet you aren't totally broke as you hid your more wealthy coins on you.

So lets say that you were mugged.  The crook took off with 25-50 sans, a fair size money pouch.  Now perhaps you had hidden on you a several silverbards.  Lets say that you kept 10 silverbards tucked away.  That would probably allow you to live comfortably for at least most of the year at a state between peasant and noble.

Does this seem fair?  If so, than you can post at any of the four gates, depending on how you figure your character is entering the city.  If you think the above number is off or you believe there should be some changes made, then let me know before you enter.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]