Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Character Commenter's/Mini-Mods  (Read 2124 times)
Sir Freedman
« on: January 31, 2007, 12:00:14 PM »

Just a simple question. I have noticed, after having it pointed out to me, that there seems to be a lack of Mods posting as  Character Commenters. Now I dont know the story behind everyone's characters but it appears this is really slowing down new characters being accepted, though there seems to be a massive number of others who are happy to give their help, which is great.

My question is, are new mods being accepted? If so how does one become one and whats required of them experence wise? I ask because it seems to be a problem which needs to be addressed and because I do have 4 days a week that I have plenty of time on so if I can sign up I will.
Niccoli Faust
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 12:10:07 PM »

If one were to read the post requesting help, one would learn what one is supposed to do. Reading is everything if the world is but a page of full words n'est pas?

However, to slightly alleviate the searching (even though the original is stickied) the original requirements as posted in the aforementioned post.

(1) Motivated. People willing to comment regularly and continually.
(2) Friendly. People that can greet new players, and point out problems without creating a confrontation.
(3) Learnable. People that are willing to learn and improve their ability to comment, by expanding their knowledge base.
(4) Knowlegable. People that demonstrate some level of knowledge of the world of Caelereth, and Character Creation. (Anyone who has gone through character creation should have this.)
Sir Freedman
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 12:31:43 PM »

Yes, I saw that, and I appreciate you answering my post. What I am wondering is how to become a Mod. The post says what they are looking for, true, and it ask for you to start posting, but like I said there are more than enough opinions going around on each character. With in a day after posting your character my guess would be that you would have at least two comments from wonderful people trying to help you out, but not Mods. My curiosity is just how do you become a mod, they ask you to be a mod? Or You ask them? Do you have to be active for a year, a month, or five mins?

I ask because, like my character in waiting has had many wonderful people comment and give very useful information, some that I am extremely glad to have received, but despite my belief or the belief of any others who have commented on my character I have not been accepted or even been looked at, to my knowledge, by a mod. Now I am not complaining at all, my point is that my character may or may not be ready to go but because the lack of mods I’ll be waiting a little and more over the people before me who claim to have been waiting weeks, and  maybe some even longer ,are still waiting. Again please believe me I am not complaining, but more curious, Is there a process to become a mini-mod rather than just a commenter?

I do not ask this just for me, though I wouldn’t mind having something to do on my four days off, but also for those who are waiting. More mods, how I am seeing it, means faster acceptance or at least the chance of it.
Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 01:24:43 PM »

CD mods aren't something that can just be pulled out of thin air.  Generally, to become a CD mod, one must have been on site for about 6 months, or more and have displayed a great amount of knowledge about...well everything.  On top of that, out of these select few, the person must have the time to be able comment so frequently on the numerous CDs that appear, which limits this number even futher.  Right now, that I know of, we have only two people who are qualified to act as CD mods who are active on site, one of whom is much to busy to take on any task of this magnitude.
Marvin Cerambit
Carvin' Marvin
Approved Character

Orc, Gob-Oc

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 08:44:08 PM »

A great amount of knowledge isn't necessarily needed though. If you know where to find what on the site and have a general idea of how things work you can make up for the lack of knowledge easily.

Generally speaking, people ready to become mini-mods are those where the mods have little more to say then 'what he said' :)

Marvin Cerambit ~ Do not tease my Warg, because you are crunchy and tasteful

Need help with your new Character?
~> Click Here <~
Kain Cristar
Divine Aspect
Approved Character

Elf, Co'orhem Kayrrhem

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 07:28:42 AM »

yea... what he said.

You have lived a life of cruelty and atrocity, you have bathed in the blood of the innocent, you have considered every act of depravity and your corruption knows no bounds. I am the angel of justice, I am the accumulation of all of your sins. Prepare for your redemption.

-Kain Cristar, Divine Aspect
Luca the Thief
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 10:39:19 AM »

You know... I'm not "technically" a mod anymore.

*runs while she can* I don't have tiiiiiime!

I apologize for the sincere uselessness of the above post.
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 10:59:01 AM »

To be a CD Mod, you must first have been a Mini-Mod.

To become a Mini-Mod, you must be titled and fairly active in the CD forum giving quality helpful comments with a good attitude and spirit.

It also helps to be on the good side of the Admins, as we are more likely to chose those who we know are fun and enjoyable to work with.

We are picky about who we chose for such a position, as there are many unspoken/unwritten requirements which often make it a difficult position to fill.

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Vesk Lyricahl
Woeful Rover
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 02:29:10 PM »

Wait... someone actually wants to be a CD mod? Why?

*runs after Luca*

... I should apologize.  Pet

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 02:42:02 PM »

Being a CD Mod is not something you will look back on and say "Those were my glory days" that is for sure.

High level of stress requires special people with lots of patience and kindness.

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Kain Cristar
Divine Aspect
Approved Character

Elf, Co'orhem Kayrrhem

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 07:39:08 PM »

there are sooo many CD's....  cry

and I am soo behind in school  cry

I don't think I will be commenting for a short while. Staying active in my stories will be difficult enough  buck

You have lived a life of cruelty and atrocity, you have bathed in the blood of the innocent, you have considered every act of depravity and your corruption knows no bounds. I am the angel of justice, I am the accumulation of all of your sins. Prepare for your redemption.

-Kain Cristar, Divine Aspect
Sir Freedman
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2007, 10:37:16 AM »

Well my comment was one more out of concern due to the statement that was made to me: "there are not moderators ATM". If thats so does that mean that no characters are being approved? I now see I can't be of any help but Still Im just a little currious as to what exactly it means, no mods. Do those who have characters in waiting just need to give up? because there is no Mod to approve their character, lol or the two mods that is required to get your character approved. Thats why I was wondering.

sorry for the poorly writen post, im so tired.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 30, 2021, 06:05:42 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]