Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nyermersys - {MV} Zocharras' Gate  (Read 18291 times)
Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« on: January 31, 2007, 01:31:01 PM »

Approaching either from the Eastern Road or from King’s Road through Charka, Zocharras' Gate is the destined entrance to the City of Death. As you pass the throne of Santhros and approach the high walls, guards can be seen patrolling the ramparts. Several peds in front of the gate stand two men. Being in their prime age, both are wearing dark blue tunics with light leather armor and short swords over their shoulders. As you get closer one leans back with a roar of laughter holding on to his belt, and the other joins in. “You shoulda seen ol’John! My oh my, I’ll tell ye, he has more…” trailed off the second man as he notices your approach. “Welcome to Nyermersys!” pronounced the man with a flourish of one arm and a broad grin. “What be your reason for entering its walls?” The other man was still laughing softly to himself, and gave a wipe at one eye.

Garth Avery
Agile Harlequin
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 05:59:42 AM »

From down the road, a figure can be seen approaching. From afar, it seems to be a boy sitting on a donkey. His blond hair, reflecting the first rays of the sun, seems to have a red shine to it, however faint. Clear blue, almost grey eyes fix themselves on the two guards standing in front of the gate. On closer view, it is obvious that he is not a boy after all, albeit with the appearance of one.

When he is close to the guards, he dismounts his donkey and takes a few waggling steps towards the front man. On very close inspection, his body isn't even like a boy's, though it has the height of it. It seems disproportionate, at the least. This is also the reason why he doesn't walk straight, like other people. He answers to the guard's enquiry in a serious tone. "Good morning. I am a travelling entertainer, an acrobat. I would like to enter the city to perform, perhaps earn a san or two on the market, if I am allowed."

Ease of laughter comes so fast when you're not in the jester's shoes...

Garth Avery
Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 11:58:29 AM »

As you inform to the guard before you as to your profession, the guard behind him begins to chuckle again, though this lasts only a mere second before he is silenced by the other guard.  "Pardon my friends demeanor, though I saw the wobble in your step as you approached the step.  How am I suppose to believe your claim that you're a acrobat?"  As he finishes, he looks back to the guard behind him and watches as he wipes the last tear of laughter from his eyes.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 12:00:03 PM by Gararion » Logged

Kali Rae
Raven Songbird
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii of the Korenjaan Order

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 07:22:59 AM »

The dew that had settled during the night reflected the rays of the early sun.  Kali watches the world from the depths of her hood and allows herself to be comforted by the simple visual pleasures presented to her as she walks along the road in the direction of Nyermersys.  As she nears the city the familiar sense of dread starts creeping through her stomach, causing her steps to grow more uneven as she nears the gates.  Damned be to this!, Kali thinks as she struggles to control her emotions.  Abruptly, a mere Dash from the city gates, she turns, takes several strides off the road, and comes down in a crouch.  She closes her eyes and her lips move in semblance of a prayer as she tries to block out the world and slip into that part of her who can co-exist with others.

As she crouches there she hears the hooves of an animal pass her along the road.  She looks up at the sky and breathes a word of thanks before standing up straight.  As long as I can keep their attentions away from myself I'll be fine, she thinks to herself.  She walks back to the road and turns back to walk in her original direction of travel, pulling her hood down farther across her face as she goes.  So absorbed is she that she fails to notice the bizarre proportions of the traveler in front of her.  She follows the mounted man, but is sure to keep her distance for fear that she might be noticed, and approaches the gate with him.

The guards at the gate are in a jovial mood and Kali can hear them jesting and laughing from a far way off.  Her hands clench in fists as the prospect of interaction comes closer.  Finally, the guards hail her 'companion' and she notices that she has fallen at least forty peds behind.  She quickens her pace as they continue to talk and approaches the gate at a quick walk.  She stops a dozen peds away and watches them, turning slightly to better hide her face within the hood of her cloak.

"Pardon my friends demeanour, though I saw the wobble in your step as you approached the step.  How am I supposed to believe your claim that you're a acrobat?"  Only once the man has dismounted and approached the guards does Kali notice his incredibly small stature.  The surprise and comedy of his appearance calm her feelings somewhat, but she remains fixed to the spot where she planted her feet.  What an amusing little man, Kali thinks,  I can scarcely believe that he's an acrobat, really, he can't even walk properly.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 07:44:48 AM by Kali Rae » Logged

-- It is the extraordinary people that we tell stories about; still, everyone has a story if you look hard enough --

Kali Rae
Garth Avery
Agile Harlequin
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 05:22:09 AM »

Garth shrugged at the man's derisive comment. He did not really care what the man though he could or could not do, but if it was the only way to convince them to let him into the city... "Well, I can always give a demonstration." Not waiting for the man's reply, he took off his brown, travel-stained cloak and lay it over Pepik's back. Then, without warning, he jumps up into the air, kicking his feet upwards, causing his body to make a neat arch and landing back on his feet. Immediately he seemed to fall forward, but instead of actually falling, he kicked his feet up again, so that he was standing on his hands. Suddenly his deformity was no longer a hindrance to his movement, as it was when he was just walking. If it wasn't for the pain it caused eventually, he might even consider moving forward this way all the time, but that was too much to ask of his body.

On his hands, he walked around the two guards and back towards Pepik, his head lifted so that he could see the way before him. That's when he noticed the figure watching him. Well, more audience; no matter, as long as he was performing, even if it was just a demonstration, he could handle more people. The difficulty was not getting too nervous when he was NOT performing. He winked at the figure, then landed gracefully on his feet again. Next, he placed his hands on Pepik's back, next to his cloak. Thanks to the strong muscles in his arms and throughout his body, he was able to lift himself up, again standing on his hands. The figure looked up side down, quite funny. With a kind of funny jump he turned around and then lowered himself on the ground, ending in the same spot where he started.

Taking his cloak again and putting it over his shoulders, he turned towards the guards. "Well, did that answer your question?"

Garth Avery
Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 02:06:16 PM »

As the guards watched your performance, the guard who found your occupation humorous earlier face turns white.  As you finish your performance, the guard who had questioned your authenticity clapped lightly.  "Very well, so you are which you say.  I see no trouble on letting you pass.  Have you ever been to the city before?  Do you know where you are heading to?"

As the one guard speaks with Garth, the other, color returning to his face as he makes reason not to make eye contact with the performer, makes his way to the newcomer to the gates.

"What brings you to Nyermersys," he questioned, hoping this one wasn't another person with a seemingly unbelievable occupation.

Arin Woodwealth
White Nehtorian
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 03:16:01 AM »

After stabling Swifthoof, Arin starts walking out from Dancer's Street, before turning towards Zocharras' Gate. He moves towards the Gate, approaching a guard dealing with a short man, of whom's body seems disproportionate for a man, being short like a boy's. The man takes a few steps back and begins an acrobatic performance, flipping, jumping, stretching and a myriad of other stunts. The man then talks to the guard. Arin stands behind the short man, and waits patiently for the guard to address him, occasionally looking over in the direction of the stables.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 07:27:47 PM by Arin Woodwealth » Logged

Garth Avery
Agile Harlequin
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 04:07:59 AM »

Garth shook his head at the inquiry of the man. "No, this is the first time I've been here. Would you be so kind as to direct me to the nearest inn? Or perhaps the cleanest, if that is not too expensive." he added as an afterthought. "And is there anything else I need to know?"

Garth Avery
Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 03:56:22 PM »

"Well, I hear that Brok's Rest is a fine place.  Never been there myself, though I've haven't heard many bad things about the place.  You may wish to try that joint.  Just take this road till you reach the plaza.  Then go down Beggar's Ally.  I'm sure you can find your way form there.  As for anything else.  You'll want to stop off at the townhall as soon as you get the chance and get yourself soem identification papers."

Waving you through, he sees that Kali is being taking care of by his comrade.  Shaking his head, he waves Arin behind her forward.  “What be your reason for entering the walls of Nyermersys?”

-=[OOC: Garth, you can post at Brok's rest or the Townhall, which ever you wish.]=-
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 03:57:17 PM by Gararion » Logged

Arin Woodwealth
White Nehtorian
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2007, 04:52:56 PM »

Arin walks to the now unoccupied guard, with long confident strides, and looks straight at the man's face.
I have come to this city to cure those who need my aid. I am a devoted servant of Nehtor, a White Nehtorian. My horse is stabled back there, down Dancer's Street.
He glances down at the ground, before pulling his body back up to stand up straight and wait for an answer.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 07:23:07 PM by Arin Woodwealth » Logged

Kali Rae
Raven Songbird
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii of the Korenjaan Order

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2007, 07:22:59 AM »

Kali stifles a laugh as she observes the acrobatic display of the diminutive man.  In a moment, all his awkwardness disappears to be replaced with comedy and a grace one would never attribute him at first sight.  She stares, awestruck for a time, until he finished with a flourish and finishes by addressing the guard again.  Her attention firmly upon the little man, she doesn't notice the approach of the other guard until he addresses her directly.

"What brings you to Nyermersys," he asks directly.  Kali starts and jumps back a pace before turning to address the guard.  She glances at his face and then looks down at the dirt between them, letting her hair obscure her features.  She inhales deeply and lets it out before raising her head to speak to him.  "I'm a traveller looking for refuge from the climate and a place to buy some food and water," she states, and then adds, "and find work for a short while.  My purse is getting light."  She ends her explanation, then thinks a moment more and continues frowning at the road in front of her.  "I'm without occupation at the moment-- that's not to say that I'm without skill… " she mumbles, voice trailing off, growing more incoherent with every word.

Painfully aware of the guard's presence she tosses her head to clear the hair that had been dangling in her eyes.  She realizes that she was wringing her hands, hastily disentwines them from one another and wipes them on her tunic.  She looks up to meet the guard's gaze and smiles nervously.

-- It is the extraordinary people that we tell stories about; still, everyone has a story if you look hard enough --

Kali Rae
Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2007, 12:26:15 AM »

The looks over Arin, noting the posture of the figure.  Shrugging it off for the time being, the guard replies.  "Well, I might suggest you head over to the city's hospital.  I'm sure you'll find some poor chap there that would be more and welcome to have you tend their wounds."  The guard waves you through, though as you pass him he speaks once more.  "one more thing, you may want to make sure you register within the town hall and obtain your identification papers."

Meanwhile, a conversation is still taking place behind the gate.  "I'm without occupation at the moment-- that's not to say that I'm without skill… "  The guard looks you over, fearing that this person may be another 'performer'. 

"And what skills would that be", he questions, holding back wincing.

Arin Woodwealth
White Nehtorian
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2007, 08:14:00 PM »

Arin puts up his hand as a gesture of thanks to the guard, and says

Thank you, I'll head to the city hall right away.

Before walking through the gate, Arin glances over at the woman talking to the other guard.

Scael Pelegrene
Rapscallion and Swashbuckler
Approved Character

Human, Stratanian

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2007, 05:41:13 AM »

Elias breathed a sigh of relief as his caravan reached gates of Nyermersys. The extra baggage he'd picked up on the way was still alive, and could now officially be someone else's problem. He shuddered to think how he'd explain a dead noble in his wagon.

"Ho, Elias, bringing in another load of Caltharian rugs?"

"Aye, Brodkin, but we did run into a bit of a bother on the road.", he said walking to the back  of the lead wagon. There lay a man in crimson leather armor. "We came upon some bandits on the road looting this fellow in his camp. Looks like 'e manage to dispatch three of them before they dropped him. Fool's lucky we came upon him. Don't rightly know why 'e didn't just give in to them. What kind of man tries to fight six?  Anyway, they managed to snitch 'is purse and 'is horse and left him for dead as we approached."

"Good of you to bring him in, Elias. We'll have someone take him and his stuff to the Hospital. That looks like expensive armor, did you find any identification?"

"Aye, 'e's got one of your silver packages. Says 'e's some noble from Bardavos, Scael of House Pelegrene.", Elias said. Looking kind of sheepish, he continued, "Brodkin, you think you could pass on my name with 'im so 'e knows who brought 'im in and chased off those ruffians? I don't rightly need a reward or such, but knowing nobility in Bardavos willing to make a good deal on my rugs could garner me a tidy profit. You know where I stay when I'm in Nyermersys."

"I'll be sure to pass your name on, Elias. We'll take him from here."

“I hold a beast, an angel and a madman in me, and my enquiry is as to their working, and my problem is their subjugation and victory, downthrow and upheaval, and my effort is their self-expression.” - Dylan Thomas
Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2007, 06:05:07 AM »

The guard Elias had been talking with calls up to the watchtower for a couple of guards to come down.  Soon after, two guards in blue tunics descend the ladder from their tower, grab hold of the visiting nobleman Scael, and drag him along Zocharras’ Ground.  They take a detour down Hound’s Way to search his belongings, but finding nothing they could pilfer with any semblance of legitimacy, they continue on to the hospital of Seyella.

-=[OOC: Scael, you may now post at Hospital of Seyella or Nightwind Plaza, as you choose.  If you start in Nightwind Plaza, you'll still be in the arms of these guards.]=-
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 06:14:08 AM by Kelancey the Green » Logged

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."  --Master Yoda
Kelancey the Green
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]