Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nyermersys - {MV} Zocharras' Gate  (Read 18309 times)
Kali Rae
Raven Songbird
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii of the Korenjaan Order

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2007, 01:01:41 AM »

A curse on this guard for being so nosy!  Kali thinks as the guard pries further, drawing out the uncomfortable interaction.  She chews nervously on her lip for a moment as her mind races, trying to think of what to say next.  She feels the pressure and tries to act quickly but simply stands mute, shifting her feet and looking nervous for all the world.  She looks away from the guard as if to look for inspiration elsewhere at the gate, and notices another traveller about to enter the city, and curse those who have it so easy, she thinks out of spite.  As if on queue, the white robed man glances in her direction and they lock eyes for a moment.  Kali's heart jumps suddenly and she quickly looks away to the ground.

This is getting me nowhere, Kali thinks hostilely at herself and furrows her eyebrows in resolve as she steels herself, forcing down the anxiety building in her chest.  She takes a wide step and comes up several nailsbreadths from the guard's nose, ignoring any reaction he might have.  In a low voice so as not to be overheard by the other people at the gate she says, "If you require knowledge regarding anything that goes on in this town, come to me, I can bring you any information you seek."  She curls her lips into a well practiced, impish grin and her eyes sparkle for but a moment, but her insides turn summersaults that would impress even the tiny acrobat while she awaits the guard's reply.

-- It is the extraordinary people that we tell stories about; still, everyone has a story if you look hard enough --

Kali Rae
Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2007, 05:33:11 AM »

Koric turns his head to scratch his nose, hoping no bystanders are looking to watch him pick his nose and wipe his hands on his doublet.  He coughs twice, and turns to his companion at arms: "Hey, Dagmar, what d'you hear 'bout the Armeros feast?  Laid any good bets yet?"

"Hmm?  Nah, not yet.  'Ere's talk 'at Tribor's s'posed to make a good showin'.  We'll see once de time comes."

"Hmmph."

...And so goes the banter outside a temporarily empty Zocharras' Gate on this morn.

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."  --Master Yoda
Kelancey the Green
Weivóc'Neán
Forsaken
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2007, 05:49:41 AM »

A lone man strides up with no companions or familiars. He is seen wearing a cloak with a bow on his back and what seems like a sword sticking out of his cloak just slightly. He walks straight up to the guard and says "Hello guard of this great city, I seek residence here, hopefully to open a small stand or a shop. May I enter this fare city, and if so, can I be pointed to the town hall so I may get my papers and then inquire about my shop opening? Also, that is a bad habit, I would suggest doing it anymore." He stands there and waits for the guards answer.

RP'ing: Speech Thoughts
A link to my CD: Weivóc'Neán

May this bless all who read it with what it holds:

Sé ilian thelduin onr líf un mor'ranr thelduin onr freohr.
Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2007, 06:00:56 AM »

The more weaselly of the two guards, Dagmar, puffs his chest out and looks down his nose at you, "An' why would we want to let you into the city?"

Koric, the beefier of the two, nudges an elbow into his comrade's side.  "Well, to start with, what wares do you sell?  We don' need no more trinket peddlers, or magic rock salesmen hangin' their shingles on our streets."

Kelancey the Green
Weivóc'Neán
Forsaken
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2007, 06:07:30 AM »

He lets out a light laugh at the town of his first reply and then answers the second one with "I'm interested in maybe selling foods or other stuff of the such, no i do not wish to sell trinkets, and I'm in no way related to anything magic. So is that a yes or no to my question about entering?" He then waits politely eyeballing Dagmar from under his hood.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 06:07:51 AM by Weivóc'Neán » Logged

Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2007, 06:18:44 AM »

"Mm, alright," Koric replies with what he presumes is a knowing look, his lips drawn together in a "O", his eyebrows arced; the end result looks more like he is hopelessly lost.  "Start at th' Town Hall.  Ask for...'ey, Dagmar, who's he gotta meet to push his goods onto the public?"

"Beats me.  Ask somebody at the Town Hall, they'll tell you who to talk to."

Talking with these gentlemen is mentally and physically taxing.

Kelancey the Green
Weivóc'Neán
Forsaken
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2007, 06:22:58 AM »

He quickly replies in a friendly manner, "I will do so gentleman, and you with the polite tone to me, I would advise not picking you nose again? If you ask how I know, I saw you as I walked up, though I may not be visible to you at the time, I have a little bit beetter eyesight. Also, on your hand you try to hide, there is a little bit of snot left on it. Well, that means good day to you gentleman, may you kindly point me in the direction of the town hall?" He stands there waiting for directions, and a reply from Koric.

Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2007, 06:28:49 AM »

After a minute of thought, processing what you said, Koric is taken aback by your words.  "Ay!  I don' have ta take that from you!"  He crosses his arms in front of chest and moves in front of the gate, blocking your entrance.

Kelancey the Green
Weivóc'Neán
Forsaken
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2007, 06:34:42 AM »

Laughing slightly at his response he replies calmly, "I'm just saying, if you wish to keep doing that, then be my guest, but that can sometimes lead to ad results. I didn't mean to be rude, but may I suggest next time to use a napkin or something of the sort, so that you may throw it away after wards? If you do not wish to let me in, then I have no reason to get mad." He then stands there awaiting his answer. Looking at Koric hoping he is allowed passage after his rude remarks.

Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2007, 06:43:31 AM »

"Oh, alright, then.  Off you go," Koric sighs, his wounded ego showing.

-={Weivoc, you may post at {MV} Town Hall if you choose.]=-

Kelancey the Green
Weivóc'Neán
Forsaken
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2007, 06:48:25 AM »

As he heads through the gate he pats Koric on the back and says "It's ok, I don't think many people will notice, I just have trained eyes." He then disappears beyond the gate in the direction of the town hall.

Aváíyá Enayái
Adventurous Artist
Approved Character

Elf, Diorye’oleal / Cyhallrhim

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2007, 12:02:11 PM »

Aváíyá watched her surroundings with a keen eye, Nyermersys the City of Death, how interesting she find herself coming to this city. She had come from the city of Voldar after doing a couple of jobs and causing a bit of trouble around. Slapping Toren playfully she started him into a slow pasted canter then into as much speed as she could get out of him, she needed to get as much energy out of the stallion as she could get since she might be spending a few days in this city or maybe a life time, depending how things worked out and if she wasn't to wanted.

Toren slowed down without Aváíyá tell him, she had taught him not to ram other people down because of his size when he got in crowded place; he seemed to like feeling big and proud of himself at times. When it was almost impossible for him to move around Aváíyá got off and started walking, his reins in her left gloved hand, this way she could keep an eye on him if he tried anything funny. The gate was immense and Aváíyá spotted a lot of blue patterns on the wall, sighing she spotted the guards, as much as she had wanted to be left unseen, wither her enormous horse and her height it was rather difficult.

Plopping her hood over her head Aváíyá walked on forward towards the guard who had spoken, ignoring anyone else who might have been in the way including the other woman.

"I have come from far to answer a job offering
Although this was partly true, it went unsaid that she was answering a multitude of different jobs at once including some that a guard should have no knowledge of.

“And might I add, I might open up a shop as a seamstress
This would answer any other questions hopefully; she hated being probed by humans, they were so naive at times. Aváíyá stifled a laugh from under her cloak by pressing her hood more down making her eyes protrude awkwardly; her appearance would definitely bring on a new round of questionnaires although she would herself rather imposing being a 2 peds and having a kev’lor horse in her position.

Arin Woodwealth
White Nehtorian
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2007, 05:23:32 PM »

Seeing yet another traveller move towards the city, Koric sighed. "Busy day t'day..." When the woman, elven by the look of it, and mounted on a stallion, got close enough to talk to, he started with the usual questions.
"State yer Bus..."
The elven woman cut him off, answering everything he needed to know. "Damn elves. Always getting stuff right. Too smarmy fer me! I'll get 'er back though..." He thinks, before replying to the woman.
"Ok. I guess you can go in, after you pay the," He thinks for a moment before answering with a smile, "entrance charge. One od if yer please."
He pulls his hand out, laying it flat, ready to recieve coins.
"Now that showed 'er!" He thinks.
Koric uses his other hand to pick his nose, now that the man has gone.

Aváíyá Enayái
Adventurous Artist
Approved Character

Elf, Diorye’oleal / Cyhallrhim

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2007, 10:12:24 AM »

Aváíyá lifted a brow at his words; he had just pressed one button too far. ‘Arneán’ was on the tip of her tongue; she was so close to whispering it to Toren, which of course would mean for him to strike that dumb human on to his buns. She had waited in line and people had passed before her and had she had yet to see a penny come out of their pockets. Instead she decided it was best if she deal with this in a more subtle way.

“Stasían”
Meaning stand in elven, was commanded of the black beauty, the horse shuffled uneasily awaiting encase something broke out between his master and the human. Aváíyá took a stepped closer to the guard and took off her hood which revealed her appearance, not something she had planned until later one, but it would be known here and now that one of her kind had entered the city.

“Would you like to repeat that please I didn’t completely hear?”
Pfft who did he think he was dealing with? Some idiot, she had also known he was lying from the pause he had taken while trying to figure out what she was to pay to enter the city. She eyed him with that blank stare she gave everyone, she didn’t want to start something before entering the city, but if she had to pay that fine she’d be making a visit to town fall and report, maybe also make a few nightly meetings with a couple of people.

Shayan Ashkani
Azhorhrian Equestrian
Approved Character

Human, Azhorhrian

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2007, 11:02:21 PM »

Shayan waited in line with patience. Getting worked up over the guards' antics would only make time go slower to the senses, and to his regret, it was going quite slow enough already.
He observed the elven woman and her massive horse before him. It was his habit to look at a mount first, before it's rider and he admired the strong, yet flexible muscle on the towering beast. He imagined the thundering sound of a number of those horses charging into battle, as it was likely to him that his was, if anything, a war horse. It would no doubt be a magnificent sound. 
Damare wasn't half as patient as her cloaked and veiled master, and her fleet hooves making a fuss on the ground below her told Shayan that she felt decidedly small in the presence of her giant cousin.
He patted the swift horse affectionately and she butted her nose in his chest, swishing her tail and turning her ears forward.
"Khayleh, Damare."  His calming words took effect, if not for long. He hoped none in the city would identify her as an Aeruillin. He had come to the city after a string of information he had followed, regarding at least some of his family's stolen horses. If he was in luck they might currently be in the city, or had been here at least. The fact that this city had a larger dock than average however, had latched an iron chain around his heart.
It was very well possible that, even after so long time, they'd still be lost to him. Absent mindedly he continued to stroke Damares nose and waited until he was addressed.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 11:09:21 PM by Shayan Ashkani » Logged

What is Inscribed in the Soul will be Recited; Hands, Head and Heart.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]