* 
Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?


*
gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize


Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nyermersys - {MV} Zocharras' Gate  (Read 18300 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 617


Human, Erpheronian


Homepage
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2007, 08:26:26 AM »

  Dagmar, the smaller, weaselly guard, hooks his thumbs under his belt and coolly strides over to where Shayan stands.  He takes his time running his eyes over you, sizing you up.  He is not subtle as he grips the handle of his short sword, fidgeting with it nervously.

  "Well, well, well.  Well, well, well!  Wot 'ave we 'ere?  A dune mouse and 'is pony?  Har!  I bet you could na' outrun a yearling on this hack!  Hoh, for 'at matter, I bet I could outrun you an' yor pony, flat-footed and wiv me feet tied togevah!"  Though his insults are rather daft and empty, Dagmar seems to be working his temper up to try to come up with a truly grating and offensive remark.  Fortunately, his wit is not his strongest attribute.

  Even more fortunate, he has already addled his brain, and cannot conceive of any more taunts to hurl at you.  His mental capacity spent, all he can think to do is gather his eyebrows together in a somewhat convincing attempt at a menacing scowl, and utter the words,
  "So, what's it to be, then, eh?"
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 04:14:18 AM by Kelancey the Green » Logged

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."  --Master Yoda
Kelancey the Green
Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 617


Human, Erpheronian


Homepage
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2007, 04:27:22 AM »

  After his requisite time of ignoring your response, Dagmar then turns to address Kali Rae, still patiently waiting at the front of the throng of city entrants.  "Hoh, an investigatah, ey?  Well, ven, guess oi'd betta tell the city guard not to show up ta werk tomorrah--oh, wait, 'at's me!"  He somehow finds this uproariously funny, and starts a loud, nasal laughing streak that grates on your nerves worse than his banal humor.

  After a minute or two, he wipes his eyes and nose on his sleeve, and starts again: "Hoo, 'at was a good 'un.  Olright, ya can't get in.  I says so."  Koric overhears this, and slaps Dagmar on the backside with the broad edge of his sword, accompanying this with a look of disapproval.

  "What?  Oy can't 'ave any fun wiv de lady?" Dagmar whimpers.  "Oh, olright, go's on in, ven.  But ye better check in wiv the Town Hall, first, ta register an' all."
Logged

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."  --Master Yoda
Kelancey the Green
Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 617


Human, Erpheronian


Homepage
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2007, 02:06:19 AM »

  Rounding the corner onto South King's Road, stepping into the wide road ahead of you, Kali, you take in just how large and active this city truly is.  A figure cloaked in a flowing black robe, the hood of his robe covering his face to obscure his features, strides briskly toward you.  His directness is somewhat unnerving; more so, because he already knows your name.

  "Misssuss Kali, your patron bidss your attention.  A messsage from your employer," he says in a hushed tone, low enough, you hope, that no one at the gate catches your name.  He extends his arm toward you, a folded piece of parchment in his hand.  The black wax seal on the front is foreign to you, with what appears to be a bat, wings fully extended, embossed in it.
Logged

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."  --Master Yoda
Kelancey the Green
Kali Rae
Raven Songbird
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 144


Human, Kasumarii of the Korenjaan Order


« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2007, 02:59:30 AM »

Kali winces at the racket being raised by the guard and shrinks back into her cloak in an attempt to disappear.  After a painful attempt at humour, the guard denies her access to the city.  Her heart races furiously as she stands there fore a few moments more wringing her hands nervously and biting the corner of her lip while she stands trying to think of what to say next.  Unable to find words, her eyes find the ground and she half-turns to go but a loud slap comes from the direction of the obnoctious guard that makes her turn to look over her shoulder.  The other guard had slapped her tormentor on the behind inciting an indignant whisper before he shouts, "Oh, olright, go's on in, ven.  But ye better check in wiv the Town Hall, first, ta register an' all."

Feeling only slightly relieved she turns and walks quickly past the two guards, shooting the obnoxious one a steely glare.  Feeling a cramp in her hands she forces them apart and flexes them to stretch them out.  I have to stop doing this, she thinks, noticing the discomfort it causes.  Mindful of the guard's suggestion she sets off down South King's Road in the direction of town hall.

Before Kali takes more then a few steps into the city a cloaked figure emerges onto the street and approaches her briskly.  Kali notices that his face, like hers, is withdrawn into the hood of a cloak and she wonders briefly how conspicuous they look.  She is still a little on edge from the encounter with the guard and grabs her cloak and draws it around her.

"Missuss Kali," he begins.  A shock of fear shoots through her body.  Her already pale features blanch with the shock and her limbs tingle with adrenaline, nevertheless she holds her ground and hears him out. "Your patron bidss your attention.  A messsage from your employer."  He hands her a note, embossed with the wax seal of a black bat.  Well practiced at discreetness, Kali takes the note and withdraws her hand back into her cloak, hiding it from view, without giving it a second glance.  It would have to be read later.

Feeling more comfortable now, this was familiar business, but still brimming with questions she knows will have to wait until later, her face relaxes and she gives the man an acknowledging nod.  She sweeps past him down the busy street and continues walking at a brisk pace, not looking back.  She keeps her head down trying to deny to herself that she is walking down a busy street in order to fight the rising feeling of panic in her chest.  She turns down Paradeway and searches out some nook where she can have at least some semblance of privacy.

Kali finds a nook in-between a pair of buildings that offers both shade and a little privacy, and sits down.  Her legs shake as she lowers herself on to the dusty ground, weak from the uncomfortable exchange with the guard and the shock from the cloaked figure.  Once sitting she pushes her hood back and takes a deep breath of the city air, letting it out slowly in an effort to calm herself.  She repeats this several times until she feels calm once more and turns her attention to the folded piece of parchment in her hand.  She turns it over, looking at its crispy folded lines and examining the wax seal before carefully breaking it and opening the letter.

She reads it over several times.  The message is clear, but how do these people know of her?  She sits and considers the content of the letter for several minutes and a feeling of elation bubbles up from her stomach into her chest.  She chuckles and thinks, this makes my previous exploits seem petty in comparison.  Maybe this is the next step I need to take, to stop being what some people call a two-bit snoop.  She sits for a while longer looking at the note and considering what to do next then tucks it away in her pocket and composes herself.

Kali stands up and swings her backpack back into place before shaking her cloak to rid it of some of the dust that had settled into the fur and fastening it around her shoulders.  She wipes her sweaty brow and fusses with her hair for a moment but gives up and throws the hood back over her head.  Both the note and the guard had suggested she go to the town hall so she walks back up Paradeway and turns in the direction of the hall.  Passing a vendor on the street she realizes that it's been half a day since she'd eaten last and buys some edible-looking fruit to eat on the way to the Hall.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 03:07:33 AM by Kali Rae » Logged

-- It is the extraordinary people that we tell stories about; still, everyone has a story if you look hard enough --

Kali Rae
Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1728


Elf, Ak’váth’rhím / Injerín


« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2007, 04:40:21 AM »

Just as you are handing the money for the food over to the person who is selling them, that person looks up at you from underneath his shady, wide-brimmed straw hat. He doesn't say anything, but indicates that you should follow him. It is now very obvious that this person is not really what he seems, although he is convincingly dressed.

He comes out from behind the display of food. At that, another person walks towards him. He is also dressed typically. The false seller gives him the money you gave him to pay for the food, and adds a few more sans to it. The second man's eyes brighten up. It seems that he is the real seller. "Thanks very much, sir." he says, then, in a lower tone, "I 'ope you achieved whatcha wanted ta do."

The mysterious stranger nods and once more gestures for you to follow him. As the seller passes by you, he whispers to you, "Now 'e's someone ta be reckoned with. I'd do wot 'e sez, if I woz you." then he continues with his job. Meanwhile, the stranger is impatiently waiting for you to catch up. He disappears into what seems like a deserted alleyway.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 04:42:24 AM by Alassiel Telrúnya » Logged

Shayan Ashkani
Azhorhrian Equestrian
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 109

Human, Azhorhrian


« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2007, 07:06:45 AM »

The flood of insulting words hardly reached the desert man's ears. His knowledge of common was not so well that he could effortlessly understand a general conversation, let alone the babbling in a local dialect of an uneducated city guard.
He had no doubt though, that the man was trying to insult him. Words were really only part of any message and he had surely not missed the mans hands, and their stationing on his weapon. He wasn't sure if that was just custom, or a subconscious reaction to his shrouded figure.
 He figured that the best way to go was to give the man something new to laugh about and not focus on why he was here as he didn't know if the man would think of some sort of excuse to see his business as unfitting for the city. And well, a foreigner misinterpreting and insult, would undoubtedly pass as hilarious.
"Thank you greatly, Sir" He said with a thankful tone in his harsh, Azhorhrian accent and added a bow that held no meaning.   "My stay is short. Have come to book passage for river. I ask you kind to pass"
Logged

What is Inscribed in the Soul will be Recited; Hands, Head and Heart.
Kali Rae
Raven Songbird
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 144


Human, Kasumarii of the Korenjaan Order


« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2007, 02:10:49 AM »

The happy feeling that had been stirring in Kali is replaced in part with more confusion as she watches the display in front of her.  Of all her travels this stop was shaping up to be the strangest by far and she frowns at the false vendior in confusion.  How is it that so many people are interested in me, when I've only just arrived? she ponders, the lines of perplexity deepening on her brow.  She hangs back in the street for several moments as the false seller walks into the alleyway, but the real vendor urges her to follow and she makes up her mind in a moment.  Not only did she not want to offend the wrong people in her first minutes in the city, she is eager to get out of the crowd. Wearily she follows the strange fellow at a brisk pace into the alleyway.

Conscious of what the note had said about the authorities, Kali reaches into her pocked housing it and folds it in half again, stuffing it deeper into the pocket.  Her hand immediately goes to the hilt of one of her daggers as soon as she convinces herself that the paper is safe and not visible.  She follows the man, mindful of her surrounding, brimming with curiosity and eagerly awaiting the outcome of this strange event.
Logged

-- It is the extraordinary people that we tell stories about; still, everyone has a story if you look hard enough --

Kali Rae
Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1728


Elf, Ak’váth’rhím / Injerín


« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2007, 05:33:53 AM »

As soon as you enter the alleyway, you suddenly find yourself encircled by about 12 people. One thing you notice is that they are all young women, all holding weapons of some sort. They all look fairly tough and skilled in fighting, and you can tell that you stand no chance against all of them together. They form a circle around you, so you have nowhere to go, and you have no choice but to stand inside the circle helplessly.

You catch sight of the fake vendor. He comes and stands in front of you. He takes off his hat, and you realize that he is a woman. Long dark brown hair cascades down her back, obviously well cared for. She looks pretty, in a wild, rebellious kind of way. She manages to look good in her vendor costume, which she is still wearing. Her expression at the moment is veiled, and she studies you with ice blue eyes for what seems like forever. Overall, she is rather impressive.

"We ain't gonna hurt you unless you try to fight your way out, I can promise you that." she says confidently. She appears to be the spokesperson for the little group, as the others keep totally silent. "I hope you've got more sense than to try. Anyway," she says, "You gotta be wondering why we've cornered you. Well, basically, we're all members of an all-girl gang called the Milari. Yes, after the wild cat. We're rival gangs of another gang; I won't even bother to say the gang name, it's not worth it."

"Unfortunately, they're doing more damage to us than they've ever done before. We've already lost three good members." her mouth twists bitterly. "We need backup, and we need it fast. There was a time when people begged to join the Milari; it pains me to think that now we have to do it the other way round." her face darkened for a moment before the expressionless mask dropped back down over her features. "You look like someone who is good with a weapon. We would like to offer you membership into the Milari."

She rushes on before you have the chance to respond. "We might be able to help you with some things. D'you needa find out information or spy on someone or something? No, don't tell me if I'm right or wrong. We can help you get around easier. And you wouldn't be wasting time. This might be an opportunity for you. And just in case you're wondering, you can't have a day to think about it; you need to make a decision right here, right now." as she finishes, the atmosphere becomes tense, as the young women wait for Kali to decide.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 05:34:59 AM by Alassiel Telrúnya » Logged

Kali Rae
Raven Songbird
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 144


Human, Kasumarii of the Korenjaan Order


« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2007, 06:07:36 AM »

Despite her caution, Kali finds herself encircled by a dozen women, each brandishing the weapon of their choice.  She spins on the spot in a panic, looking from woman to woman trying to find some way to escape, her cloak fanning out as she reels.  A cold panic clutches at her throat, threatening to smother her and she gasps for breath, her knuckles white as they clutch the hilt of her still-sheathed dagger.  Her rational mind kicks in and forces her breathing rhythm down as she squeezes her eyes shut to block out the world around her.  When she opens her eyes, a woman dressed as the street vendor is standing in front of her.  Kali focuses her attention on this figure, using her to block out the dozen other shapes standing around them watching.

The false vendor begins, "We ain't gonna hurt you..."  Somehow that fails to put Kali at ease, still she listens carefully, fighting to ignore all else as this woman explains her situation.  Kali can't stifle her surprise when the false vendor tells her that she has been sought out for solicitation into their group.  The leader concludes, explaining the personal benefits that could come out of Kali's accepting her offer and finally, "you need to make a decision right here, right now."  The words hang in the air for several moments and then dissipate into the silence of the alleyway.

Behind her, Kali hears the faint background hum of the busting Plaza but the alley is empty and still and tense.  She considers the offer for several moments, her eyes darting from place to place over the ground in front of her:  I'm in a new city, it would be poor of me make enemies before my first meal, and I see the benefit of associating a group of people with intimate knowledge of the city, besides I don't dare refuse at this juncture.  She reaches a decision, closes her eyes and relaxes her face for a moment before looking up into the face of the leader.

She takes a firm but nonthreatening step towards the leader to close some of the space between them and begins in a soft voice, "Alright, you can count on my skills to aide your cause, but-" Kali cuts herself off.  This is no time to be making ultimata, she thinks to herself.  She picks up the censored sentence where she had left it trying to make it sound natural, "but you'll find my skill with a blade limited."  Bear that in mind should I ever be expected to use it, I don't want to end up some vagabonds prise, she thinks bitterly.  "Still, I'll help you where I can."
Logged

-- It is the extraordinary people that we tell stories about; still, everyone has a story if you look hard enough --

Kali Rae
Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1728


Elf, Ak’váth’rhím / Injerín


« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2007, 05:02:11 AM »

As you accept the offer, an audible sigh ripples through the circle of women. Even the false vendor visibly relaxes. "My thanks. It don't matter 'bout skill with a blade, so long as you can put up some sort of a fight, we're happy to have you." she turns to leave, but suddenly pauses, and turns back round to face you. "Do you swear on your life that you won't give away any of our secrets which shall be revealed to you? Or let slip the location for our Headquarters?" she asks, her eyes burning into yours. "Because if you do, you can be sure that the Milari will track you down."
Logged

Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 617


Human, Erpheronian


Homepage
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2007, 08:00:41 AM »

  Eyeing you over, Shayan, the guard who has proven his worth as a hired dimwitted buffoon seems to visibly change his attitude toward you.  He chuckles once or twice, uttering "Foreigners" under his breath.  His stance softens, turning to face you directly, and his hand lowers from where he had rested it on his sword hilt.

  Dagmar says in a friendly tone, "Aw, go on, I din't mean any 'arm by it.  Jus' havin' some fun wiv ya!  Olright, dune traveller, make yor way over to yon docks.  It's a bit of a jog for ye, but you don' seem ta have any trouble makin' yer way 'round, do ye?  Har!  Jus' joshin' ye.  Well, go on!  Bear north on South King's Road, stay on it till it becomes North King's Road, and 'at'll take ye to the docks.  Don' buy any wooden ods when yo're there!  Har!"

-=[Shayan, you may post in {MV} Main City Plaza or {HB} Docks with your next post.]=-
Logged

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."  --Master Yoda
Kelancey the Green
Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 617


Human, Erpheronian


Homepage
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2007, 09:23:37 AM »

  Koric wipes his unclean hand on the foretwist1 of his right arm and snorts with contentment.  Upon doing this, he thinks through what he's just done, and glances at you, Aváíyá, as he does so.  True, she is a dark elf, but she's a pretty dark elf, he thinks.  I may wanna get 'er squiffy some time, 'n chase her 'round th' Southgarden some night... Bettah let 'er go, but she'll be back, the sassy lass!

  "Olright, ye sassy lass, ye, get a move on!  But you'll be back.  Mark my words, you'll be back!"

-=[Aváíyá, please enter your next post in the {MV} Main City Plaza.]=-

1Please refer to Bard Judith's entry on names of the muscle groups of the body, The Vytruvyan Elf.
Logged

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."  --Master Yoda
Kelancey the Green
Kali Rae
Raven Songbird
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 144


Human, Kasumarii of the Korenjaan Order


« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2007, 05:53:36 AM »

A small hiccup of excitement coupled with relief ripples through Kali as the tangible tension in the air dissipates slightly.  Still uncomfortable from being under the gaze of so many, Kali nevertheless manages to relax slightly, knowing that she now has what seems like reliable help in this city.  The ring leader assures her that limited fighting ability isn't a problem and turns as if to leave.  Kali takes a step to follow but suddenly the leader spins around to face her and they nearly collide.  The leader gives Kali an intense stare and demands an oath that she never leak information that could compromise the gang, and finishes with, "Because if you do, you can be sure that the Milari will track you down."

Frustration and anger add to the plethora of uncomfortable feelings swirling in Kali's chest as she desires nothing more then to be free of the circle and the stifling panic associated with it.  The emotions flash on her face for several seconds before as she masters them and manages to regain her outward composure and calm expression.  She nods and says simply, "On pain of death."  Wanting nothing more then to run and hide herself away in some deserted place, she stands there awaiting the leader's next move.
Logged

-- It is the extraordinary people that we tell stories about; still, everyone has a story if you look hard enough --

Kali Rae
Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1728


Elf, Ak’váth’rhím / Injerín


« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2007, 04:50:04 AM »

The leader's intense gaze turns into an amused look. "You really don't want to do it, do you?" she says to you. "I'm sorry you feel that way, but the Milari is about to go extinct if we don't get help; and I'm not talking about the animal."

Then she remembers something. "By the way, I'm Artapherana, Rana for short." she gives you a friendly smile, something you wouldn't have thought she was capable of doing. Then it vanishes as quickly as it appears. Rana looks uncomfortable, as if in that one smile she has confided in you a personal secret. "Follow me," she says shortly. She strides away, and the rest of the Milari follow her, reminding you for a fleeting moment of sheep. Most of them pat you on the shoulder as they pass. Some of them stay behind, walking behind you to make sure you follow.
Logged

Kali Rae
Raven Songbird
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 144


Human, Kasumarii of the Korenjaan Order


« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2007, 05:44:58 AM »

Kali watches her amused look as the leader asks in response to her reaction, "You really don't want to do it, do you?"  Kali thinks, how would you feel in my situation? Even you have to admit that I'm in an uncomfortable and unusual situation! the baseless anger twisting the words scornfully in her mind.  At last, the woman introduces herself as Artapherana, or Rana for short, and surprises Kali by flashing her a friendly smile that lasts for but a moment.  She then instructs, "Follow me," and walks away followed by the gang of women.  Some of them pat Kali on the back as they pass to follow Rana down the alley.

Kali follows Rana down the street amongst the throng of established Miliari, glad to be moving again.  Walking has always helped her to focus her mind and block out the environment around her which is often the cause of her discomfort.  Her legs shake from the nervousness and weakness brought on by the scrutinized exchange in the alleyway as she walks down the street.  She feels weary and frightened, and notices that she is still holding the fruit she had bought at the stand in the Plaza; the fruit that her buying had brought on this whole exchange.  She considers hurling it away out of hate, but stops herself.

She looks at the fruit and considers the events that had brought her to the current situation and smirks, chasing away some of her feelings of hostility.  She takes a bite out of it, chews the pleasant tasting substance inside, and takes some comfort in it's taste, sustenance and feeling of normality it provides.  She smiles and looks around at her new comrades, thinking for the first time, maybe this will work out for the best.  She still feels uncomfortable among so many people but the feeling is dulled for the time being as she eats and follows Rana to wherever they are going.
Logged

-- It is the extraordinary people that we tell stories about; still, everyone has a story if you look hard enough --

Kali Rae
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]
Members
Total Members: 2849
Latest: abigailjordan
Stats
Total Posts: 214569
Total Topics: 8052
Online Today: 27
Online Ever: 216
(November 30, 2006, 09:08:03 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 33
Total: 33

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines
TinyPortal v0.9.8 © Bloc
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Theme based on Cerberus with Risen adjustments by Bloc and Krelia
Modified By Artimidor for The Santharian Dream
gfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx