* 
Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?


*
gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize


Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nyermersys - {SC} Queprur's Gate  (Read 15359 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Leida Kereborn
Wandering Opportunist
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 147


Human, Helcrani


« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2007, 06:30:15 AM »

With a barely bit-back oath, Leida tugs at Shatan's reins to pull him safely out of the arrow's way.  Her eyes scan the rooftops, the windows, looking for anyone who might have loosed the arrow--no luck.  Whoever, whatever, it was, is gone from sight, and she is in no mood to go hunting after him.  Shatan certainly has no desire to do so, if his whickering and nudging are any indication.

"Come on then, you great lummox," she says to him, leading him after along the dusty road.  "You can't expect to avoid arrows if you just stand there.  I trained you better than that!"

Shatan's only answer is a rather wet snort into her neck.  Leida turns a rather irritated eye on the animal before tugging the edge of her cloak up to wipe away the remnants of equine scoff. 

"Just for that, we're going down Thiefwalk first," she says lowly to him, tugging his reins after the gnome woman.  "After all", she thinks, "there was the distinct sound of gold to be had there, if my ears did hear correctly..."
Logged

"They'll build a statue of us, then later say it's all our fault."

"Wherever you go, you have your rump behind you."
Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 617


Human, Erpheronian


Homepage
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2007, 02:39:45 PM »

  Dreams of glittering gold and trinkets of silver wend through your thoughts, and the throng of morning market-goers becomes more populous.  As a back alley behind the establishments lining two major roads, the Thiefwalk draws a different sort of crowd than the innkeeps of White Gass and the merchants of Silver Road.  Wayfarers looking for a place to squander their recently earned lucre eagerly traverse the lane.  Some search for absolution at the bottom of a glass of leithe, others wager their rent money at gaming tables, and still others prowl for more dangerous and exotic pursuits.  Fenced goods are bartered for, sans and copperbards exchange hands, and robber barons become rich on the purloined treasure of the newly impoverished citizenry.

  As these thoughts sift through your imagination, the gnome struts huffily toward you, still muttering to herself as though no one else can hear her.  “What is this, a sanitarium?  Are we all after one another’s throats now?  Can a peaceable woman not walk the streets of this city with some protection of the law?  Hmph, guess that’s asking for too much from this duke.”  She approaches you, pausing in the middle of a particularly convincing rant, to size you up.

  “Now, here’s a fiery one, if I’ve ever seen a lass who’s got fire in her veins!”  she chuckles to you.  She reaches out a small hand toward your arm—“May I?” she asks, and without waiting for your response, squeezes your upper arm.  “Not much muscle there, but what you’ve got on you is firm and fit!  Not too bad, for a woman born of humans!”  Her voice, though somewhat smoky and lower than you might have expected, is also matronly and soothing, giving her an air of trustworthiness.  “What’s it to be then, eh?  How much are you askin’ for these days to escort a feeble woman through these dangerous streets?”

-=[OOC: You may post in {SC}Thiefwalk, if you go with this woman; or, choose where you will go within the Southern City.]=-
Logged

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."  --Master Yoda
Kelancey the Green
Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1728


Elf, Ak’váth’rhím / Injerín


« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2007, 05:41:39 AM »

Alassiel trudges up to the gate with Fern, her Bregolian cat, tucked under one arm as usual. She looks up at the single man in front of her. "Um, hi," she says, a bit unsure of herself. "Um, I'm here as a performer to see if I can make any money here." she looks at him anxiously, hoping that what she had said was enough to get her through the gate.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 05:45:07 AM by Alassiel Telrúnya » Logged

Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 617


Human, Erpheronian


Homepage
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2007, 05:50:47 AM »

  Gerald is in a particularly spiteful mood this morning, with his earlier encounters still resounding in his head.  "G'day, lady, and g'day to you, kitten.  Which one of you performs, the cat or you?  What does your cat do, then, eh?  Mewl in tune?  Yelp in harmony to a lute?"  He is in good form today, his barbs sharper and with more sting than his usual dismissive, surly exchange.
Logged

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."  --Master Yoda
Kelancey the Green
Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1728


Elf, Ak’váth’rhím / Injerín


« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2007, 05:57:07 AM »

Alassiel's eyes darken in anger. She gives the man a haughty look."G'day, old man," she says in a pleasant yet seemingly insulting tone. "We both perform, and we earn a decent amount of money for ourselves." she says, stressing the 'decent', implying that she doesn't think he gets paid very well, if he gets paid at all. She lets scorn fill her gaze at the sight of this man who is being so rude to her.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 05:58:18 AM by Alassiel Telrúnya » Logged

Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 617


Human, Erpheronian


Homepage
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2007, 06:10:12 AM »

  Gerald shakes his head for a moment, a double take at the moment he catches your implication.  He recovers quickly, and his eyes brighten.  "Decent, eh?  What's a town guard to do, if a thief, unbeknownst to the guard, slips into your pockets as you approach the gate, and--Whoops!  Your coin's gone before you know it!"

  An older-appearing guard descends from the guard tower next to Gerald, apparently having heard this exchange.  His brow is knitted and his hands are trembling even before he has reached the ground.  "Because I would know who the thief was, fool!  That's what's stopping thievery at our gates!"

  "Master Kessen, your watchful eye and ear are a reassurance to us all," Gerald spits through clenched teeth.  Turning to look at you with a menacing false smile, he states, "You may pass, m'lady.  May your stay be a pleasant one."
Logged

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."  --Master Yoda
Kelancey the Green
Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1728


Elf, Ak’váth’rhím / Injerín


« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2007, 06:20:18 AM »

Alassiel returns the man's menacing false smile with a smug false one, which disappears as fast as it appeared, and enters through the gate with a polite nod to the older guard. As they pass, Fern spits and hisses at the rude man, and Alassiel's lips twitch, but she continues walking.
Logged

Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 617


Human, Erpheronian


Homepage
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2007, 06:40:31 AM »

  Surveying the southernmost extent of Queprur's Path, you first notice what you surmise to be a group of aspirants filing out of the Shrine of Eyasha, intoning some chant, mostly in Tharian, with some Styrash words thrown in intermittently.  At the tail end of the procession, the last aspirant to exit wears a different shade of light brown cowl than the others in line, and appears looking around to all sides nervously.  He skitters away from the group down White Gass.

  Further ahead, to the east, you see a short, stocky, slightly balding woman standing next to her donkey.  She is dusting herself off, mumbling curses under her breath in a tongue phonetically very similar to Thergerim.  Standing next to her is a tall, red-headed woman pulling her steed by the reins.  They appear to be headed northeast along Thiefwalk Lane.

-=[Alassiel, you may post in {SC} Thiefwalk if you choose to follow the gnome and Leida.]=-
Logged

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."  --Master Yoda
Kelancey the Green
Tiras The White Rose
The White Rose
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 181


Human , Male ,Erpheronian


« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2007, 10:29:28 AM »

"A good day to you then ." Tiras bowed and continued into the city , wondering what to do now.

Well , first of all i have to get some money , i don´t think such a meager sum would get me by for long , throwing the small pouch up and down in his hand , he gave a more attent look into the city and the few people that passed by him .

Interesting town , but i feel something strange on it , some unease that i can´t explain .
Bah , as long are women and wine in abundance why should i care ?
Let me see if i can find someone to give me some directions , since that rude guard was not in the mood of giving  them ...

Looking around he observed for someone who could help him .
Logged

“My crime? It is a serious one -- you see, I am too handsome to look upon.”
<a href="http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php?topic=815.msg27340#msg27340 target="top">Tiras The White Rose[/url]
Arin Woodwealth
White Nehtorian
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 146


Human, Centoraurian


« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2007, 12:56:17 AM »

Surveying your surroundings, the streets fairly empty, with only a few men and women walking through,, you happen to see another guard, currently amusing some children, telling them the story of a thief he caught. He seems nice enough, and in a good mood.

Moving towards him to ask a question, you are distracted at the sight of a pretty woman, dressed in fairly expensive attire. The perfect girl. As she walks away from you, you now have a choice. Do you ask the guard, or follow the woman? She begins to turn her way onto another street, more crowded, possibly meaning you'd lose her forever.


Logged

Tiras The White Rose
The White Rose
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 181


Human , Male ,Erpheronian


« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2007, 09:51:48 AM »

Childrens laughts caught Tiras attencion , and  turning he saw a guard amusing some children , as he started to walk towards the guard , another person caught his attencion with more strenght , a pretty young woman , Now that is someone that i would love to get some directions .

As she turned to another street , he run after her and asked ,"Good day milady .
A thousand pardon for disturbing your ladyship in this fine morning but i am a stranger in this city and i was hoping that you could show me the nearest tabern ?
Logged

“My crime? It is a serious one -- you see, I am too handsome to look upon.”
<a href="http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php?topic=815.msg27340#msg27340 target="top">Tiras The White Rose[/url]
Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 617


Human, Erpheronian


Homepage
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2007, 06:44:27 AM »

  Tiras, no sooner have you addressed the pretty lady than he turns to face you, revealing a lump in his throat and a pronounced, masculine jawline.  With clothes that are unmistakably feminine, his gravelly voice startles you immensely.  "Sure, anything you say, if you're payin'!  But you can probably find a handful of 'em yourself, all within a stone's throw from 'ere.  This one 'ere's the Red Rooster's Perch, and it's just a short ways to Brok's Rest.  The service is much better at the 'Rest, if you ask me."
Logged

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."  --Master Yoda
Kelancey the Green
Tiras The White Rose
The White Rose
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 181


Human , Male ,Erpheronian


« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2007, 10:04:47 AM »

Bloody Hell !! Tiras cursed inside him , as he watch that the young women was indeed a young man ,regaining his cool , Tiras smilled and said "Red Rooster's Perch you say ?Very well my sincere thanks and i hope you continue to have a good day..."

Tiras quickly left the area towards  Brok's Rest, still cursing for himself , Curses ! I must be getting old , how could i confuse a women with a man , may the gods .... after that some curses that thankufully nobody heard , for the most sensitive would be outraged .
Logged

“My crime? It is a serious one -- you see, I am too handsome to look upon.”
<a href="http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php?topic=815.msg27340#msg27340 target="top">Tiras The White Rose[/url]
Leonie d'Ambert
Healer
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 35


Human, Helcrani


« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2007, 01:17:02 AM »

     Slowly sliding off of her sidesaddle, Leonie grabbed the animal's reins and led him the rest of the way to the gate.  While she didn't travel with her own horse, Sir Guibert never seemed to have a problem lending Old Sam to her when she had the urge to ride, so she made a habit of bringing along her own saddle when she travelled. Gently rubbing the horse's nose with the tips of her fingers and smiling softly she whispered to him. "We're almost there and then you can rest before we head back to camp."
     They were short on flour and eggs so Leonie volunteered herself for the journey to the city and had to talk fast in order to be able to leave unaccompanied, claiming that the ride between the camp and the nearest city was barely an hour and that she would find her way to it quickly and safely. "Honestly, what could possibly happened to me that they are so concerned about?"
     With a smile and a sigh of relief she approached the gate. "There, see Sam? We made it safe and sound." Old Sam stamped the ground and shook his head, almost as if in agreement with his rider while Leonie affectionately stroked his long neck.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 07:35:18 AM by Leonie d'Ambert » Logged

It is precisely when you have given up hope that a good man will become a hero.  It is why they are worth all the trouble.

http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php?topic=4227.0
Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 617


Human, Erpheronian


Homepage
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2007, 08:38:29 AM »

  Gerald stretches his arms, yawns, and whistles a tune to himself, thinking, Well, this day’s turned sour, sure!  There’s bound to be someone who’ll be an easy jest.  He stops whistling as he hears you approach, Leonie, and smiles broadly.  Thanks be to the gods—an easy mark!, he muses inwardly.

  “Hail, and welcome to Nyermersys!” he proclaims to Leonie.  “What’s your bizness in our fine city?”
Logged

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."  --Master Yoda
Kelancey the Green
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]
Members
Total Members: 2849
Latest: abigailjordan
Stats
Total Posts: 214569
Total Topics: 8052
Online Today: 45
Online Ever: 216
(November 30, 2006, 09:08:03 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 29
Total: 29

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines
TinyPortal v0.9.8 © Bloc
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Theme based on Cerberus with Risen adjustments by Bloc and Krelia
Modified By Artimidor for The Santharian Dream
gfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx