Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nyermersys - {SC} Hospital of Seyella  (Read 14434 times)
Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2007, 09:23:52 AM »

Glimwinkle shifts her right hand, finds yours, and gives your left hand a gentle, reassuring squeeze.  She flashes you a quick grin, then, clasping her urn with both hands once more, she ambles the few peds to the desk and sets the urn before the priestess.  She holds one hand, flattened straight, at her hip, signalling you to wait before having a seat at the desk.

"Abbess Janissa!  How are you?  I love the drapes you've added since I was last here.  Were they your idea?"

"Glimwinkle, you are honey-tongued, as usual.  It brings me joy to see you, too.  Who is this you have brought with you?"

"Ooh, pardon my manners!  Abbess, I'd like to introduce Alassiel...er, dear, remind me of your last name again?  Alassiel has just arrived in this fabled city, and just in time to see me safely delivered to your sanctum."

"Safe?  What is the matter of which you speak?  What has befallen you, Alchemist Peridot?"

"This is perhaps a story better told by a bard.  Alassiel, care to regale us with your muse?"

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."  --Master Yoda
Kelancey the Green
Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character

Elf, Ak’váth’rhím / Injerín

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2007, 03:23:34 AM »

Alassiel's smile was friendly as she replied, "I'm Alassiel Telrúnya; it's a pleasure to meet you, Abbess Janissa. I've only just met Glimwinkle, but apparently she was attacked by random archers today, is that right?" she glances at Glimwinkle.

Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2007, 04:01:08 AM »

Glimwinkle straightens up, her expression turning to mock surprise.  "Oh, Alassiel, you are too modest!"  She beams, then pats your hand.  "You needn't worry about offending our hostess, dear.  She's got a stiffer resolve than both of us combined! 

"Alright, here goes.  Earlier this morn I'd been talking with my supplier from Aca-Santerra, over in Brok's Rest.  I'd no sooner swept 'round to gather Haroll from the inn's stables where I'd stayed at last night, and was on my way here, than out of the clear blue comes a black streak of death aimed for my heart!  Well, not quite.  He might have been aiming for Haroll, because his saddlebag took the worst of the assault.  Somebody shot at Haroll in broad daylight!  Can you believe it?  If it hadn't been for the inventory he was carrying, he'd be seeking a healer for himself this very lightthrive!"

Out of the corner of your eye, you see Janissa raise an eyebrow in disbelief.  "My trusted friend Glimwinkle, why would anyone want to harm your animal?"

Glimwinkle reacts with alarm, her eyes widening, almost bulging from her head.  "Well, I've been pondering that very question!  I think someone wants either me or him dead.  I can't reckon why, but I have that sneaking suspicion that foul play is afoot."

Apparently, her dramatic retelling is not sufficient to sway Janissa.  "A plot to assassinate an alchemist...That is an interesting hypothesis, Mistress Peridot.  I shall safeguard my reservations about your theory, interesting though it may be.  So, what else did you discuss with your Santerran friend?"

Glimwinkle's eyes go even wider, if such a thing is possible, and her mouth gapes open with terror.  In a hushed whisper, she says, "I dare not tell you here, Abbess!"

Kelancey the Green
Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2007, 01:16:56 AM »

Kelancey and Scael, having found seats not far from the desk, feign indifference to the ongoing conversation while straining to overhear fragments of the exchange going on between Alassiel, Glimwinkle, and Janissa.  Kelancey chooses an inopportune time to doze off, and his head sags, which Scael notices immediately.  Giving him a mortified look, Scael bumps Kelancey hard in the ribs with an elbow, and Kelancey snorts an interrupted snore as he jolts to attention once more.

Janissa's expression turns sour, as she addresses the two men: "You could try to be subtle in your attempt to listen to other people's private conversations, gentlemen.  Please attend to your own affairs until we have finished ours, and then I will be at liberty to discuss your matter."

With that, she coaxes Glimwinkle, "Go on, woman, you have my confidence that this will not be shared with anyone whom you do not wish to know of this incident.  And Alassiel, I ask the same vow of secrecy from you.  That is to say, unless you wish to involve these two men in your personal affairs."

Kelancey the Green
Scael Pelegrene
Rapscallion and Swashbuckler
Approved Character

Human, Stratanian

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2007, 03:58:32 AM »

Whispering to Kelancey, "Caein, is this the sort of series of events I should become accustomed to in Nyermersys and it's environs? Mule assassinations? Loquacious alchemists and terse bards? Well, there may be hope for some amusement here after all, if you can only manage to stay awake for it..."

With that, Scael stands and begins to evaluate the atrium with pursed lips as the Abbess continues with new guests. He nods to himself as he assays the jade motif, though he does visibly shudder a bit at the styling of some of the furniture. After circumnavigating the room with this careful inspection, Scael leans against the wall, yawns,  and assumes a glazed stare into the space just between the Abbess and the Alchemist.

“I hold a beast, an angel and a madman in me, and my enquiry is as to their working, and my problem is their subjugation and victory, downthrow and upheaval, and my effort is their self-expression.” - Dylan Thomas
Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2007, 04:04:28 PM »

"I swear I will not share the information with anyone, Glimwinkle." Alassiel says sincerely. She wants to hear what Glimwinkle has to say. She looks at the two men with a bit of disgust. To her eye, one looked like a simpleton, and the other a stuck-up noble. She didn't miss that shudder at the furniture. This place isn't about style, it's about helping injured people, as well as the mentally ill, like yourself. she thinks irritably at him. But soon her irritation is forgotten as she leans forward to hear Glimwinkle.

Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2007, 09:48:08 AM »

The taller, slouching man in a white robe speaks finally, in a low, respectful voice which connotes more education than his ungraceful entrance into the conversation previously suggested.  "Abbess," he says, bowing to Janissa, "and respected guests," this time bowing to Alassiel and Glimwinkle, "forgive me for my earlier impropriety.  If you will permit me the indulgence to introduce myself, my name is Caein Kelancey, servant of Nehtor.  The distinguished noble standing before you is none other than Lord Scael of House Pelegrene--pardon my presumption, sir.  I hope you don't mind if I introduce you as well?"

He awaits for a short while, and hearing no contest, continues: "Mistress...er, Glimwinkle, do I have that correct?  Mistress, I am mortified to hear of this assassination attempt, though unfortunately I cannot say I am entirely surprised.  Black-hearted men seep through the marrow of this city, and yet we have no recourse.  Though our circumstances are different, we are of like minds, in that we wish to scour the city of this perceived threat, whomever they may be."  Kelancey pauses here, and draws in his breath.

He turns his head gently, eyes lowered for a moment, then looks up at Scael to gauge his reaction.  "My lord, what is your wish?  Are you similarly compelled by the calling to scourge the villains and wicked men who lurk among us?"

Kelancey the Green
Scael Pelegrene
Rapscallion and Swashbuckler
Approved Character

Human, Stratanian

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2007, 01:55:08 PM »

Scael shakes himself out of his reverie. "Hrrm?  Ah....ah yes. Villainy. Lurking among us. Yes. Of course I can lend my arm and my blade to this endeavor. It is the least I can do for you, considering your magnanimous offer of room and board until I can reach one of my family's factors. 'Twould be both an honor and a privilege to serve. Mayhaps we can cut right to the root of this foul scheme."

Ah, Caein, if only you knew how close to the truth your words truly are.

“I hold a beast, an angel and a madman in me, and my enquiry is as to their working, and my problem is their subjugation and victory, downthrow and upheaval, and my effort is their self-expression.” - Dylan Thomas
Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2007, 08:29:33 AM »

Scael’s courageous words find purchase in the mind of Kelancey, emboldening what had been a question into a firm commitment, nay, a crusade.  “For my part, my lady, I venture my skills to your purpose, if any are in need of healing.  Though not terribly apt in combat, my arms are at your disposal, should it come to that.  Please, Abbess Janissa, is there someplace we might discuss this more privately, away from prying ears?”

Janissa’s stern gaze melts into a cunning smile.  “Are you referring to your own prying ears, Caein, or those of others in this atrium?” she jests.  “Mistress Peridot, what would you say to examining this issue further in our presently-unoccupied chancel?”  Pushing her chair back to rise, Janissa directs the group with a gentle motion of her outstretched hand to the walkway to her right, and steps quickly into a shorter, eastern arm of the hospital.  Glimwinkle follows her, gently holding her flask of leeches in her arms, watching the other people in the room more intently than her urn.

Kelancey the Green
Arin Woodwealth
White Nehtorian
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2007, 03:30:20 AM »

A man, younger than the white-robed male, walks in through the entrance of the hospital. He carries an air of obedience, and is covered in a white robe, covered in badly sewn-on pockets, each holding a vial of this, or a tool for that, or even a few coins clinking together. His nose, obviously having been broken at some point, fits onto his tanned face. Just above his mouth he sports a small scar. He walks into the hospital, spies another man in the same style and colour robes, and gasps. He rushes over to the man, vials crashing against each other, making a sharp sound, and immediately asks the man:

"Are you a Dalorin? White Nehtorian, that sort? I have come to heal, I heard a man was brought in earlier, after being attacked!" He calms down, then explains, "I am a Dalorin, Arin is my name! I just got to town. Still, Queprur will not wait for us, where is this injured man?"

He looks around, and sees a small woman and a pretty elf, both talking to an older woman. He cannot hear them, and can tell they don't want to be disturbed.

Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2007, 12:29:38 AM »

As you enter the hospital, a priestess rushes up to greet you.  You rush over to another white-robed man, rising from a desk to follow three other women and a nobleman.  You exclaim, "Are you a Dalorin? White Nehtorian, that sort? I have come to heal, I heard a man was brought in earlier, after being attacked!"  The other white robed man smiles broadly, and draws a deep breath.  Before he can speak, you complete your thought, "I am a Dalorin, Arin is my name! I just got to town. Still, Queprur will not wait for us, where is this injured man?"

“Good graces on you for offering your aid, brother Nehtorian.  I am Caein Kelancey, and the man you speak of would be Lord Scael Pelegrene.  Our presence, and our service, is presently requested by Abbess Janissa, who beckons us over to the eastern arm of this hospital; see her there?  We are adjourning to a more private place, where one of our alchemists will reveal to us whom has attacked her this morn.”  Without any further explanation, he turns to follow the group entering the chancel, looking over his shoulder with a nod, bidding you to follow as well.

The woman leading the group produces a skeleton key from inside her sleeve, opening the door to a much smaller room which appears to be an office.  You see a cabinet with a strong lock on it, possibly for religious items of the temple or guarded medications.  She sits at a high-backed wooden chair with intricate designs carved into the back and arms, then pulls her chair up to another wooden desk, though much smaller and lower than the grand table in the atrium.  She gestures for all of you to find seats—though there are only four unoccupied chairs in the office.

The nobleman, Scael, makes a grand gesture of seating the small, partly-balding woman, then offering a chair to a medium-sized, dark-haired woman with a cat tucked in her arm.  He then makes a similarly grand and entertaining show of tilting a chair onto one of its legs, twirling it once, twice, three times, then sitting down into it even before it has finished its final twirl.  Kelancey picks an open spot along the wall opposite the abbess, smoothes out his robe, and plops down on the floor.

Kelancey the Green
Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2007, 04:43:17 AM »

Abbess Janissa is the first to speak: “Glimwinkle, please explain, in the most descript language you can muster, what events preceded this attack on your person, and what damages you have incurred as a result.”

Glimwinkle still holds the leeches in her arms as Janissa is talking.  She pauses for just a moment to look into Janissa’s eyes, almost apologetically, then sets the leeches on the finely polished desk, with a healthy sluice of leechwater sloshing onto the desk.  She smiles cordially, produces a kerchief from her sleeve, and wipes the tabletop mostly dry.

“It started out the same as any other trip to Nyer,” Glimwinkle begins.  “Me an’ Haroll first made our way through town to the docks, to receive a shipment of some supplies I’ll need back home, plus a couple of items for the hospital, here.  My trader from Aca-Santerra--I’ve vowed to not divulge the name of the man I spoke with there.

The alchemist crosses one leg over the other, bouncing her foot and tracing small designs in the air, betraying her anxiety and breathless excitement to have a captivated audience.  “Anyhow, my Santerran contact told me that, as he was unloading his ship’s cargo, he overheard these four shady characters arguing with a short, pudgy balding man.  The sailors didn’t strike him as particularly noteworthy, but this argumentative man sure stuck out like wild pig in a clocktower.  He wore purple robes, pointy-toed shoes and a tall blue pointed hat.  He looked like he was someone important, or thought of himself that way, at least.  They were bickering about something that ate men, and were demanding hazard pay for dealing with ‘such a nah-sty temper’d demon’.  My man at the docks was preoccupied at the time with unloading his own cargo, and didn’t catch any further details.

“Now, I didn’t get the name of this quirky fellow engaging in the transport of demons or some such thing,” Glimwinkle sighs, reclining in her chair.  She rests her arms on her lap, as if signaling that her point is already proven.  “But, a man brave or foolish or clever enough to deal with these abominable creatures must have some knowledge of,…well, you know,…magic!”

Janissa bolts upright at hearing this, putting her open palms down flat on the desk with a muffled [whump!].  “Let us avoid the alluring snare of finding magic behind each turn of a colored cloak, shall we?”  Kelancey jerks upright; he had not quite dozed off at the end of Glimwinkle’s story, and Janissa’s stern exclamation rattles him back to his senses.

Glimwinkle simply smiles and shrugs, “If it quorks like a kyck-kyck, hops like a kyck-kyck, and tastes like a kyck-kyck, then, certain as the sunrise, it’s a kyck-kyck.”

Kelancey the Green
Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2007, 05:31:39 AM »

Each one seated around the table takes a long pause to surmise whatever conclusions they would come to about the next best course of action.

Kelancey chews his upper lip anxiously, and at times runs a finger or two through two-day stubble which haunts his chin.

Glimwinkle smiles knowingly to herself, a sly grin of acknowledgment that she's uncovered some great secret in this city.

Janissa massages her tightly-knit brow, as if to soothe a roaring headache which has settled in her forehead as a nest of angry malise swarming after finding their queen missing. 

Scael smirks while stroking his beard, a distinct glimmer of appreciation of adventure and heroic deeds flashing before his eyes.

Kelancey stands, dusts off the bottom of his robe, and looks around the room.  Seeing that no one is about to speak, he begins, "Well, what are we off to do?  Are we to summon our courage to confront the stranger who menaces our docks?  For my part, I lend my mortar and pestel, and if need be my hammer as well.  We would do well to meet with those transporting this alleged monster, to find out who patronizes this traffic of dangerous creatures."

Kelancey is stunned by the words he speaks; such bold, decisive talk is not his type of speech at all!  He continues nonetheless:  "Abbess Janissa, if you will permit, I request leave of absence to tend to our alchemist's problem.  I request to bring such medicinal supplies as may be spared."

Janissa replies, "This is quite hasty, Kelancey.  What will you do once you have discovered what this creature is, deliver it to the Garrison to have justice done upon it?  And how will you find out who trafficks such creatures--ask every sailor who crosses your path?  You will make a mockery of yourself and any who accompany you, Kelancey the Green."

He states, "All the same, Abbess, I request such.  I would invite all who have the heart to serve justice to join me."

Janissa answers, "If you are committed to this, Kelancey, I will not impede your purpose.  Go with my blessing, but do not make a mockery of this temple or of the priestesses."
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 02:28:26 PM by Kelancey the Green » Logged

Kelancey the Green
Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character

« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2007, 05:35:59 PM »

Alassiel had been sitting listening quietly all this time, which was unusual for her. The reason for her silence was that she had got bored halfway through the conversation,  was taking in her surroundings instead and hadn't listened fully to what was being said. By the end of the talk, she only knew that the man called Kelancey had requested absence of leave to solve a problem, and he had been granted it by the Abbess Janissa.

Trying to look as if she'd paid careful attention to everything which had been said, Alassiel said to no one in particular, "Well, I have a lot of free time on my hands, soooo... I'd be glad to help out with anything, or accompany anyone."

Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2007, 08:27:19 AM »

Janissa ponders Alassiel's words, "Well, I have a lot of free time on my hands,..."  She offers a quaint grin, folding her hands across her lap.  Alassiel finishes her sentence, "Soooo... I'd be glad to help out with anything, or accompany anyone."

Janissa seems pleased, and a softness comes over her face which she hadn't shown before.  She now turns to Arin, who till now has been quietly surveying the other people in the room.  "Well, fellow Nehtorian," she starts, addressing Arin, "we have not yet had the pleasure of making your acquaintance.  I am Abbess Janissa, head of administration of this hospital.  It would seem you have already made your introduction to Kelancey, one of our Dalorins here.  Please tell us who you are, and what brings you here."

Arin rises from his chair, tugging his robe straight, and begins speaking.  "My name is Arin Woodwealth, and I hail from the Aurora Plains.  I was trained in the medical arts by Master Jadin at Milkengrad, and come here to aid in healing those who require my services."  He meets Janissa's eyes squarely, addressing her with terse, specific information.  She demonstrates her appreciation and welcome with a gentle nod, then turns her attention back to Alassiel and Kelancey.

"Well met, Nehtorian Arin," Janissa says.  "From your attendance at our meeting, shall I also take it, then, that you intend to join our new friend Alassiel and Kelancey in their enterprise?"  She raises an eyebrow, though her porcelain face does not indicate whether this is a challenge or an invitation.

Arin stands at his full height, building his confidence to muster his reply.  "Yes, Sister, I also will tender my services as they may be needed, though my skills lay more in healing, not in adventure-seeking."  He draws out these last couple of words, not certain what lays in the days and weeks ahead.

Janissa sighs quietly.  "So it is, then, that this...shall we call you a fellowship?  This fellowship takes direction to discovering the source of unrest in our city.  I would advise you to alert the Garrison, lest they implicate you as well in these foul deeds."

Kelancey raises his hand in silence, waiting his turn to speak.  "May it please you, Alassiel and Arin, that I would request a time to gather some supplies which we may need, if there are more injured fellows.  As Lord Pelegrene can attest," he says, nodding toward Scael, "there has been an increase in violence surrounding this city, which I fear portends more wounded people requiring--"

Janissa stops Kelancey mid-sentence.  "Yes, Kelancey, we understand you are going along to heal.  And yes, you shall take a modicum of medicinal supplies with you when you go.  Arin, you are also welcome to peruse our stocks and take with you what you need, though I will review what you are taking before you go.  Do not think, dear Nehtorians, that you have completely free reign to ransack our cabinets at your whim.  I will direct what supplies you may take with you."

Kelancey shows a nervous smile, then says, "We would welcome whatever provisions you can spare us, Abbess.  May it also please the group, then, that we reunite in front of the hospital once we have mustered our supplies, and from there make haste to the docks to begin our investigation?"

Kelancey the Green
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]