Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Finally in the valley of the Brownies: OCC  (Read 23078 times)
Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character

Human, Korweynite

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2007, 05:06:26 AM »

I just shaped my reply in case Morc isn't supposed to see the Brownies just yet...if Capher's post isn't supposed to fit than I guess mine won't either completely.

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2007, 04:31:05 AM »

Unfortunately my health is not improving so I will be going out of town for a couple of days starting tomorrow. I will be going to the Mayo Clinic.

If you need to puppet me, please go ahead.  I hope to be back by Monday.  I am sorry...
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2007, 06:58:23 AM »

Take care Capher, take your time, and try to get well. We will still be here when you get back.
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2007, 12:31:57 PM »

Yes, take care Capher!   :) 

Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2007, 12:50:17 PM »

Err...  Are Brownies able to turn invisible (I've read through the entry on Xeuá magic, and though it seems possible, it isn't spelled out and seems a little different than the Life Magic the Brownies usually use), or is it difficult for us to see them right now because they are so small?

Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2007, 04:43:50 AM »

Capher, all the best for you - you don't need to be sorry! Hope to see you back well on Monday.

People, sorry for not posting so long - I was busy (visitors) and not in the mood for a decent post either.

Capher, I think you post is fine, the  sentence you took from Eden etc. I think just one thing is a bit unrealistic: The number of brownies coming to see or meet us. Why should they all come to see us? there is no need to defend their lands either. Some gryphon riders in the next trees with their bows and poisoned arrows will be enough to threaten us - if this should be needed.

I would propose, that you edit your post accordingly and say, that there are a few sitting in the trees and watching us (maybe twenty or so? or 50?) I doubt as well, that they would approach us by foot - they have too much of a disadvantage of height. I wrote in the introductions post, that there are boulders in our back - these rocks would be a good place for a gryphon rider to land and talk to us on an even level.

Why not edit your post in this way: You see a few (see above) in the trees after you used yourdragon senses. We all can't see them, just because they are good in hiding.

In a new post you or anybody else describes the arrival of some representatives on gryphon wings?
what do you think?

I will wait with posting till you have agreed to the edit.

And I do have an idea how to transport Teri - so don't be able to walk well too quickly!
Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2007, 10:38:38 AM »

Talia, I'm having an idea concerning Garrek that I need to pass by you. Also, concerning the Brownies. I'll be sending you a message.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2007, 11:48:05 PM »

@Talia, your proposal sounds fine and as soon as I am able I will edit it or perhaps you can.  I am awfully weak right now.

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2007, 11:56:00 PM »

Take your time Capher. I am sure we are just happy to have you back. :)
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2007, 07:22:43 AM »

Just so everyone knows, I will be out of town from tomorrow to Sunday night/evening. I doubt very much my best friend will allow me near an active internet connection during this time, let alone for any amount of time to make a post. So please carry me along to the brownies, I will endever to post some time Monday.
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2007, 01:16:19 AM »

I edited my last post.

Teri, good post about the brownie on top of the gryffon. Perhaps more Gryffon riders should also begin to fill the skies and trees, what do you think Talia?
Kenriil
Mini-Hero
Approved Character

Hobbit

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2007, 05:19:39 AM »

Look, it's the Brownies! They've come to meet us! Look, there! And there! There's another! They're so... wow! They knew we were coming, didn't they? The elves told them! Haha, they're so tiny! Look, he seems so... so brave! They say they are good with plants and things; they say they're the closest to life and magic itself; do you think it's true? Isn't it amazing?  Look, here comes more! Wow, they want to give us a real greeting! Heehee, Yea! *clapping* I've heard of the Brownies, they weren't anything like this! I mean, they were, but they just can't... say it, you know? They're so... so... real! Haha! Oh, my word, the littler people! They're really here! I can't believe it - but I do believe it! It's real! They're here!
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2007, 02:37:40 AM »

UMM...I am at a loss for I have no idea what to name the Redbark brownie who will be our guide.  Can someone help...please.
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2007, 01:09:44 PM »

Capher,

From what I've read about Brownies, they have names that relate to nature (particularly plants) and possibly their occupations.  A lot of times they include colors in their names too.  Aside from this, some of their names - like Keekoo are just different.   

How about Thicket?  Plant related and well, different.  fish   (Please feel free to smack me with a fish if you don't like it.  I'm tired and not thinking straight.)

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2007, 02:20:29 AM »

LOL Ta'las. No fish hitting.  I think Thicket sounds good.  What about the rest of you, do you think Thicket is a good name for our guide?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]