Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: General Discussions & Questions  (Read 20215 times)
Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« on: February 22, 2007, 03:54:44 PM »

This is where the general discussions will take place that involve the City or anything else that is needed to be addressed.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 03:09:08 PM by Gararion » Logged

Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 03:59:21 PM »

Okay, first off.  If you can view this forum please reply to this thread to let me know.  If not then I'm sure I'll receive a response from you soon enough through PM.

Once I know whether you can see this forum and not, and post to it, then we can handle further details.  If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 04:28:41 PM »

Pet

Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 12:39:10 AM »

Hello, Sage Gararion!

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."  --Master Yoda
Kelancey the Green
Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 03:24:50 AM »

Okay.  As you can tell I have only really claimed two characters, yours and Tiras.  As for the other players, they are still up for grabs.  Most of them are still at the gates.

Also, I would like you to read the second post in the Purpose thread, in case you haven't so far.  And do you have any questions at this point?

Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 03:35:39 AM »

As far as player allocation, I know Scael personally, so if that wouldn't be weird then I'd appreciate that.  As well, I've swapped PM's a few times with Leida and Arin, so could I ask to mini-mod them?

My only question at this point is, how do I come up with plot points, and where should I develop those (as in, under which sticky or topic)?  If it's okay with you, I'd like to start off writing moderator posts in this forum for you to rubber stamp "YEA" or "NAY" before posting them to the other players, till we generally agree I've got the hang of it.  I've GM'ed a few D&D games in the remote past, but play-by-post is quite a bit more detailed and a lot more graphic in its narration; hence, I'd like to have a few supervised posts before flying solo.  Sound okay?

Kelancey the Green
Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 04:22:05 AM »

Yep, no problem there.  Though note I think Scael joined to RP with your character as I was informed through PM's, so you may wish to discuss that with Scael.

As for plot points.  How to come up with them?  Well, they are really like campaigns in D&D.  Like when I start offering plots to players, I offer them several at the same time usually.  They may or may not be entwined.  Then when they pick one their character seems interested in, thats when I flesh out the plot.  I am a very free hand kind of moderator.  I think this helps in the long run in case the players grow tired and decide that the noble is a little too hard to get too and allow him to be murdered during the ball.

If you wish to do this Yes or Nay thing, then I would suggest that you post the storyline first and all it's details in a separate thread.  Each storyline will its own main thread.  This thread will hold the main storyline ideas and then in future posts, how the storyline has progressed.  This should be updated once weekly.

Then when we feel that the storyline if good, you can post a shorter post of the storyline within the "List of Storylines' thread linking back to the main thread.  After work tonight, I'll come up with a storyline I may use, though I may not, so you can see what I mean.  Though is you understand what I mean, then feel free in starting your own storyline thread.

I currently have only one storyline running in full swing and that is the one that your character is experiencing.  So I wont be posting that one ;)

Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 06:05:11 AM »

Cool.  I don't have ideas yet for storylines, so I think I'll enjoy the plot I'm in currently and watch as stormheads build up.  Thanks, and take care.   :)

Kelancey the Green
Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 03:25:16 PM »

I don't think that you will be messing with my plot line if you did such.  Though may I ask if you have talked with Scael?  Liek I stated above, I believe that Scael was interested in joining Nyermersys to have a chance to RP with Kalancey.  If this was still desirable, then I'll half to ask if you will be steering Kelancey away form his current plot and then having the two wander about in their own little storyline modded by you.  just trying to figure out how this would work.

Okay, so going to address each individual proposal below:

Arin:  I see no problem hear.  I was planning on leading Arin in that direction to begin with myself.  Seeign as he is White Nehtorian.

Scael: Is he a White Nehtorian or healer in any fashion?  I couldn't find this in his CD at all, and that was searchign for the words white, Nehtorian, and heal(which would pick up healer as well).  i could be mistaken, but I thougth he was just a adventurer.

Leida: That sounds find there as well.

Quote from: Kelancey the Green
  Gararion, would I be messing with your storyline if I steered (or gave an option to veer in the direction of, or some more appropriate wording) Scael, Leida, and Arin to the hospital to have a first encounter there?

I figured that once Arin gets his papers he could meander over to help with the newly infirmed.

Scael is one of those newly infirmed, so maybe the guy Scael mentioned, Elias, could pop into the town hall, run into the White Nehtorian there, and tell him about a "wounded noble he rescued from the clutches of wicked men".

Leida, well, I was thinking of offering a few storylines, maybe one in Brok's Rest, another in Hound's Grave, and a third leading to the hospital.

I don't have anything for Leida formalized yet, as I'm trying to muster some creativity.  Any of this sound fitting?

Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 10:37:27 PM »

I talked with Scael last night, and he was fine with coming to the hospital to begin with.  I PM'ed Arin to ask if he'd consider coming to the hospital, so I'll dev that lead-in a little.  And Leida...I'm working on her denouement.  Thanks, Gar!

BTW, sorry about posting General Discussion stuff in the Storyline board.  Take it easy!

Kelancey the Green
Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2007, 02:49:44 AM »

Gararion, can I ask for a rubber stamp?

"The guard Elias had been talking with calls up to the watchtower for a couple of guards to come down.  Soon after, two guards in blue tunics descend the ladder from their tower, grab hold of the visiting nobleman Scael, and drag him along Zocharras’ Ground.  They take a detour down Hound’s Way to search his belongings, but finding nothing they could pilfer with any semblance of legitimacy, they continue on to the hospital of Seyella."
[To be posted in Zocharras' Gate, to Scael.]

« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 02:50:52 AM by Kelancey the Green » Logged

Kelancey the Green
Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2007, 04:57:28 AM »

Yep, that looks okay.  I'll be hopefully putting up an example storyline and such today.

Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2007, 09:29:30 AM »

Okay, here's the plot stuff I have anticipated for Leida:

• Paunchy, middle-aged, ruddy fellow with yellow slippers that curl up at the toes and a tall pointed deep blue conundrum ambles in direction of Black Market
        o  Fher the Nigh-Omniscient (very low-level and rather insignificant mage apprentice) is looking for a mercenary to sabotage a rival merchant’s bid for a live Ancythrian shark
  • Gnome alchemist traveling to hospital, to sell some of her wares purchased from Nybelmaran Santerran merchants and preparations she’s made
        o  Glimwinkle Peridot bearing medicinal herbs, poultices, and other preparations she’s made
  • Throng of supplicants making semiannual pilgrimage to Shrine of Eyasha

Kelancey the Green
Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2007, 10:57:43 AM »

Gar, here's a side story, or a behind-the-scenes look at what I did in front of Queprur's Gate, just at the mouth of Thiefwalk Road.  I made a little side story about some henchman hired to deter this gnome woman, Glimwinkle Peridot, from making it to the hospital and eventually reaching the Garrison.  I haven't yet figured out why this henchman has been hired, but it's something to the effect that he's been hired by a powerful mucky-muck to prevent her from doing or telling something to someone.  I'm proposing a mini-storyline about a couple of rival mages who play chess with adventurers, manipulating them as pawns to hinder each other's plans.

So, here's the story behind the story inside Queprur's Gate:

"Caranthir Calmcacil, a young lower-class Diorye’oleal man, sneers as he peeks over the roof of the Red Rooster’s Perch.  His arrow had found its mark, sending that annoying gnome woman fleeing.  He feels confident that this will deter her from peddling her wares at the hospital, and this satisfies his want that she not find any guards willing to heed her plea at the Garrison for at least another couple of hours.  He rests his bow on a roof shingle and withdraws an eggshell white coarse wool robe from his satchel, which he hastily dons.  Folding his bow and quiver beneath a flap of loose cloth of his robe, he ties his rope belt tightly to secure these in place.  He slinks down from the roof to a window ledge, then drops a half ped to the ledge below that.  He gently drops to the ground, landing on his sandal-clad feet with a loud [Whop!] which catches the attention of a cat nearby.  He draws a candle from his robe, chants some mystical holy-sounding words, and shuffles quickly to join the group of aspirants migrating to the Shrine of Eyasha."

Kelancey the Green
Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2007, 01:17:04 PM »

Hey, Gararion!  Sorry you’ve had troubles recently.  I’m not at all aware of what’s going on for you, but my best wishes go out to you.

If you wouldn’t mind, could I propose to give brief, cursory responses to the people awaiting ID papers in the Town Hall?  I’m hoping to draw them into the mini-storyline I’ve started.  Here’s my proposal: Garth and Arin can choose the copper or silver ID papers, pay their registration costs, and then be directed to sign in at the Seagorn Garrison.  Once there, they would meet with this gnome woman, Glimwinkle Peridot, who was attacked just inside the city at Queprur’s Gate.  If Leida follows this woman, she’d also arrive to meet up with them. 
  This gnome woman has no idea who attacked her or why she was targeted, and will want to report to the Garrison about a report she heard from one of her Santerran traders.  The sailor overheard four shady characters arguing with a short, pudgy balding man wearing purple robes, pointy-toed shoes and a tall blue pointed hat in the Harbor District.  They were bickering about something that ate men, and were demanding hazard pay for something dealing with “such a nah-sty temper’d demon”.  He was preoccupied at the time with unloading his own cargo, and didn’t catch any further details.
  The gnome woman will also want to sell her potions and leeches at the hospital, so Scael and my character could get involved, as well.

If this sounds okay, I’ll post something about it either this weekend or beginning of next week.  Hope your situation improves soon, and my thoughts are with you, Gar!

Kelancey the Green
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]