Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: General Discussions & Questions  (Read 20232 times)
Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2007, 02:34:00 PM »

Here's some more background info on the mini-story I'm proposing to run in Nyermersys:

Merín‘lythanté Liánn‘yón, a Diorye’oleal priestess of Horg’tarl (“Castle of Darkness”) in the Hovel Frond Forest, hired a young simpleton, Caranthir Calmcacil, to prevent a gnome woman from delivering a message to the city’s garrison about a live shark being shipped along the Teiphra River.  Of course, Merín‘lythanté fully expects this woman to disregard the warning and go directly to the garrison, thus foiling the personal plans of…

Xago Ridush, a Volkek-Oshra mage of Ximax, who is eccentic in his tastes.  He has contracted the questionably competent Fher Ghonni “the Nigh-Omniscient” (as he asks people to address him) to have a live Ancythrian shark delivered to his private residence “as expediently as possible, but with no shortcuts, sparing no expense to see that the fish arrives intact and unharmed”.  He does not want anyone hurt in transporting the shark, but he is adamant that he simply must study this animal “for posterity’s sake, don’t you see.”
  He is engaged in a game of “live chess” with Merín‘lythanté, in that the two are at times friendly rivals and, on other occasions, bitter enemies.  They have never met in person, but have in numerous circumstances had their endeavors spoiled by the other mage, sometimes by accident, sometimes not accidentally.  For her, this caper is merely a witty riposte to unnerve Xago, but this will likely have repercussions in the near future…

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."  --Master Yoda
Kelancey the Green
Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2007, 04:54:01 AM »

Another idea/brain fart I came up with, which may or may not have merit to introduce into the story:

I sent an email to Kali Rae yesterday, referring to "His Eminent Virulence Noloc Tracard", bidding that a spy of her caliber gather information regarding Dioryeoleal scouts detected in the city of Nyermersys.  The messenger requested that Kali find out the purpose of these scouts (really I only planted one scout in the city), and who sent them (him).  The message also informed her about a gnome woman who was carrying a "valuable instrument of power"; this is purely a rumor without merit, as her potions are the only items of value she possesses, and these are mundane healing supplies destined for the hospital.  In truth, the information she has about the shark at the docks is her most valuable "possession", and this will be rendered useless if she does not inform the city guard about the shark.

OOC, I haven't thought up any background information about Noloc Tracard.  I just made him up as a spooky-sounding character with a completely contrived title, and I don't know if there's reason or room to fit him into the storyline as it stands now.

Kelancey the Green
Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character

Elf, Ak’váth’rhím / Injerín

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2007, 12:08:55 AM »

Just letting people know I can see this. :D

Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2007, 10:55:29 AM »

Hooray!  You're in!  Congratulations, Alassiel.  Here, have a bunny rabbit, just 'cause you're cool!  Pet

Kelancey the Green
Arin Woodwealth
White Nehtorian
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2007, 05:21:03 AM »

I'd also like to say...I can see this too!  Pet

Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2007, 08:23:53 AM »

Good deal, Arin.  Thanks for checking in!  It's not butterbrickle ice cream, but have a bunny all the same. Pet

Okay, down to business: Could I ask you both to read the story points introduced thus far, and reply with any and all story points you two would like to develop?

Kelancey the Green
Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2007, 07:23:07 AM »

So, our rough guess-timate of a start date (like monkeys flying out of trees and ninjas dressed as French maids serving French toast laden with poison type of action) is Monday.  How about if we have a semi-abbreviated "Hullo!" at the gate for the new folks, and maybe a couple of them hear some juicy tidbits that would lead them on goose chases to the Docks or the Black Market?  Following that, we could invent some random events to have people converge...I dunno where, about all I have for now is the shark story.

Arin, you PM'ed me with a pretty cool sounding storyline, why don't you post it here?  Alassiel, do you have any story ideas you could bring in?

I don't want to limit the potential storylines people can run in, but I'll admit, my imagination and my memory get stretched beyond capacity if the characters are splintered into too many factions.  Does it sound okay if we try to keep shepherding players into three or at most four nice, neat, orderly coteries for us to run?

Kelancey the Green
Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2007, 05:15:51 AM »

Telrúnya, Woodwealth, are you both ready?  There is more than one story to tell for us today.  We have more than just a city to write about.  There is a world waiting to be born, and we, as well as the players running in this campaign, are the ones encharged with bringing it to light.  Your vivid imaginations are magnificent flowing cloaks with lives of their own, they shift then take shape, and yet they respond at your will.  Story developers, I encharge you, unfurl your minds and let the games begin!

Kelancey the Green
Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2007, 05:29:25 AM »

Is it okay to enter through Zocharras' gate? If so, do I acknowledge Kali? Or should I enter through Queprur's gate instead?

Arin Woodwealth
White Nehtorian
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2007, 05:30:30 AM »

I'd happily share it, though I've refined it a little.

This was more off a whim when I thought it, but Kelancey seems to like it, so why not bring it further.

Should a player be within the western, poorer part of Nyermersys for any reason, or in a crowded area, one may expect there to be a thief or pickpocket in the crowd. I was thinking of offering a lead by having a player be pickpocketed, though them noticing at the last second. A short chase would ensue, bringing the player to the centre of the most south western area, the Vagabond's Hideout. While chasing after the thief, a pair of men grab the player, and pull him into a house.

Within the house they are forced into a chair, and two men stand with them, guarding. A third man walks in, who would be a small-time crime lord of the local area. This man, Mikel Iriden, would then make a little explanation. The player would learn of his status, and a plot to steal something of considerate worth (Not sure what, but a small fortune, several tens of silverbards, but under a Nune) from a merchant's, Adem Talunder's, home. The player is offered a part in the plan. Should a player accept, they are given a mission, details of this further down. Should they decline, they are threatened with death, and Mikel walks out into the other room to fetch his "Slitting Blade". The guards however, stay, though a shout and a crash from the other room, from the Crime lord, makes them move over to the door (Mikel has managed to topple numerous plates, cups and such over himself). This presents ample opportunity for most players to dart from the room, and out to the streets, ending this sub-plot (Though of course, the player may hear of a daring midnight robbery on a merchant's home).

Upon accepting the proposal, the player is accepted into the gang, and is given a small leather ring, with a crude dagger-over-coin design on it. This keeps them free from attacks from this gang, though also may get them in trouble with local guards. The player is filled in with information about the gang, such as member's names, hideouts (There shall be two, the one the player is in currently (On Daisystreet, of the Vagabond's Hideout), and another in a cellar of an abandoned house, (In Southern Firealley, of the old city) along with information on a rival gang.

The player is charged with two jobs. Since several players could get caught up at once, cooperation with others may be needed. One job is to hamper the rival gang. This could be done through violence or through swaying the allegiance of members. Eventually the ival gang will fall to pieces, though there will be prominnent figures in the enemy gang who are especially hard to fight, and are difficult to be swayed. The player is payed a small amount of money upon each gang member swayed or killed.

The other job would be to scout Adem's home, looking for ways in and watching when he is and isn't in the house. City guards are stood in the street near the house, so this will be difficult. More details of the house are further down. Once sufficient information is brought back to Mikel, money will be giveb, and planning will begin for the robbery. The player will be told to come back in several days time to the Southern Firealley hideout. When the player comes back, around half the gang is there, complete with Mikel. The player is told that as they are most knowledgable of the house, they are to lead the theft (This position is given to the first player to bring back the complete amount of knowledge they will be given). Several of the gang members, and of course any other players, will be under the command of this player.

The player then has to sneak into the house, and rob anything of value. Within the house though, are four guards, and the merchant and wife, despite the fact they shouldn't be in through the house (You would have observed them both be out normally at this hour). Should the player be caught, or any gang members, they will be in trouble with the guard.

More to continue, just getting this posted now so the first section can be read, while I post elsewhere.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 08:41:52 PM by Arin Woodwealth » Logged

Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2007, 05:33:10 AM »

Okay, I'm going offline in less than 15 minutes...I need an answer! Zocharras' Gate or Queprur Gate? If nobody answers, I shall have to post tomorrow. Sorry to rush you guys.

Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2007, 05:42:15 AM »

Post at either gate, Alassiel!  Just get in the city!

Kelancey the Green
Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2007, 05:42:30 AM »

Done. grin

Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2007, 04:09:50 PM »

This is something Kelancey and I have discussed over PMs:  It concerns Kelancey's idea of Kali Rae's being hired by Noloc Tracard, a part of Arin's gang idea, and Avaiya, a Dioryeoleal 'scout'.

Every gang has a rival gang, right? Well, Arin's gang is rivaled by my gang...an all-girl gang. evil I'll think of a suitable name for the gang when the time comes. Basically, Arin'll be happy to know that his gang is causing damage to the girl-gang. So the girl gang is looking for new members to add to the gang, even if it is only temporary; they're that desperate.

So basically, the girl gang offer Avaiya a place in their gang, and Avaiya accepts because she (rightly) thinks it'll be easier for her to find out information. Then the gang offer Kali a place, and Kali joins because it means she can find out about Avaiya. It's a complicated storyline, and there's sure to be loads of action! grin

Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2007, 12:57:40 AM »

Alassiel, what's even more beautiful about your storyline is the complete "Comedy of Errors", mistaken identity motif!  Caranthir, that schlub who shot Glimwinkle's donkey, is the Dioryeoleal scout who attracted Noloc's attention.  However, conveniently, Avaiya showed up soon after the incident, setting up a beautiful opportunity for Kali to spy on Avaiya, and Avaiya to spy on Alassiel, and Alassiel to spy on Arin, and Arin to spy on both Scael and Kelancey...It's the medieval version of Paranoia!  Whee haa!

Kelancey the Green
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]