Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: No Ulvur!  (Read 867 times)
yalari malea
« on: March 14, 2007, 03:55:16 AM »

I looked at the raced section and saw The Ulvur.

'Woah, they can turn into wolves!! That's so cool, how come nobody has an Ulvur character?'

After checking restrictions, I saw that they're banned, just wanna ask why. Would being able to be a wolf, human or human/wolf give you an unfair advantage? If so, how?

I'm not arguing with your decision, just feel a bit disappointed - they're such an awesome race.

A demon would be awesome to play too, but I'm guessing they're immortal or something similar.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 03:56:12 AM by yalari malea » Logged
Simonne Miller
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 04:03:48 AM »

The main reason that we don't allow Ulvur to be played, is that they are a mythical race at this moment, coming from a continent that is not at all being developped. If people could play them, they'd hardly be mythical, would they :)

And it's so much better of you to ask this question than to go ahead and make an ulvur character, and then being told you can't use it. Good job!  azn
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 08:53:06 AM »

Ulvur are also exceptionally powerful. Yet another reason why they are restricted from play. Their creator never created them to be played. Sometimes developers do this to their entries. Specifically ask for them to not be used on the RPG board. Rayne did just that (with other reasons as to why) with the "Blood Eye Cult". She wrote it, she told us they were never meant to be used on the RPG board and they were mythical, so it made a presence on the Restrictions list.

Demons should be an OBVIOUS addition to the Restrictions list, especially if you know anything about the Bible and other religious historical writings. Demons are immensely powerful beings with an extremely evil nature.

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
yalari malea
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 04:05:39 PM »

Ah, ok, thanks Kalina.

And thanks Simmone, I did expect to be shouted at if I posted an Ulvur CD :P

Aww, Ulvur did look pretty cool. cry

And yeah, demons would pretty eat the party, not good for team play.  grin
But no Kalina, I've never really read the bible. evil

I never really expected demons to be playable, but the Psyrpents, apparantly were crated by a mage. Perhaps some form of demonic race that was summoned by a mage could appear.

If, of course the Admins would allow it, and anyone would want to add them to the site. (Considers it :P)

After looking at the Demons and Demonology sections, the only thing that strikes me as a potential playable demon is a mage that tried to take on demonic aspects, and screwed up badly enough to warp his body into that of a demon, but keeping his or her own mind/soul (whichever one controls your actions.)

Even then, I doubt that'd be allowed, right?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 12:59:28 AM by yalari malea » Logged
Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 09:54:14 AM »

All the demon information on site is outdated and therefore should not be used as a reference.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]