Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Arcuthra/Volkek-Oshra/Freelance Mage  (Read 5933 times)
Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2007, 06:28:11 AM »

There's no need to list all the spells, or any spells in fact.  It's entirely up to you. 

The most up-to-date restrictions are the ones in the left menu.  I'm hesitant to allow level 4 for now, because I don't think you've really demonstrated the knowledge of magic needed, unless you've done some dev work on magic or something that I've forgotten about.  I do think it's possible you know enough, since you seem to have done a fair bit of research, but I'm not sure this alone is enough. 

Anyway, I need some sleep now - it's almost 5.30am.  I'll check again tomorrow. 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 06:28:36 AM by Mina » Logged

Arcuthra
Chivalrous Orc
Approved Character

Orc, Volkek-Oshra

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2007, 06:40:23 AM »

I have no dev experience: I had been planning to start work on Earth Magic, time allowing - this is something that another developer and I wanted to do quite some time ago, but which we never really got started on. It's been in my mind to try again, as it is an area which needs work. Research is all I have to stand on.

Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2007, 02:59:59 AM »

In that case I don't think I can really allow you to play a level 4 mage.  It won't be fair to the others.  Perhaps you could go with a level 3 mage first then try revising the CD after you've become more involved in magic dev or something? 

Incidentally, I don't see a level mentioned in the CD anymore.  What happened? 

Arcuthra
Chivalrous Orc
Approved Character

Orc, Volkek-Oshra

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2007, 03:12:18 AM »

I must have removed it when I edited. OK.

If I revise later, will an explanation be required, such as additional training? Or can this just be done without preamble?
Part of my quandary here is his age: according the list on mage levels, he should be at least level 4 - if not 5 or a graduate. I added the hampering his other training had as a balancing point, but nevertheless, level 3 just seems too low. His age will have to come down, or something.
Finally, if I did do direct dev work on magic, how much input there would I have to have before being given approval here?

Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2007, 03:45:33 PM »

You could change his history so he left after reaching level 4, or you add stuff to the history explaining how he advanced later.  Basically, how you do it is up to you. 

Regarding age, it's been 22 years since he began learning magic, which allows up to level 5, but only if he's been under formal training (ie. in a major school like Ximax) the whole time.  In this case, he's not been receiving any training in magic for at least three years (the time he spent learning blacksmithing in the city, plus however long it was he's been travelling).  So, it's possible he was expelled before he reached level 4, and never advanced.  Of course, he could also have had some informal training after he's left Ximax (though probably not when learning blacksmithing), through private tutors or by trying to teach himself.  It would be slower than usual however, especially if he's teaching himself.  Of course, you could also lower his age, nothing wrong with that either. 

I don't entirely understand your last question.  If you mean how much work you'd have to do before you're allowed a mage above level 3, well, that's not how it's determined.  If you are indeed qualified and can demonstrate it to us (not that hard once you're involved in magic dev, just take part in discussions and/or try writing an entry), you'll have no problem getting permission from us.  If you're not knowlegdable enough about magic, well, you'll have to wait until you are. 

Arcuthra
Chivalrous Orc
Approved Character

Orc, Volkek-Oshra

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2007, 12:22:54 AM »

My edits are in, and my questions are all answered. I didn't mean to confuse you on my last question Mina, but your answer cleared it up. I'll appeal for advancing his skill level at a later date, when I think I've gained enough noteworthy experience.

I think everything is ready. Just one more approval and titling.  cool

Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2007, 02:46:03 AM »

Yes, everything seems to be in order.  Second approval and title given.   :)

Arcuthra
Chivalrous Orc
Approved Character

Orc, Volkek-Oshra

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2007, 02:48:11 AM »

Yeah!  grin Thanks!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 30, 2021, 06:05:42 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]