Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

gfx gfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register    gfx gfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!
Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

- THE CD FORUM POSTICON SYSTEM -

Below is a summary on the posticons used for the character description approval process. The posticon of the first post should always be edited according to the current state of completion of the character description (either by the player, a Moderator or an Administrator).
1) PLAYER - CD is incomplete. Use this posticon if you have not finished your CD.  4) MODERATOR - CD has been approved by one moderator. A second mod's approval is needed.
 2) PLAYER - CD is completed. Use this if you have finished working on your CD.  5) MODERATOR - CD has been approved by two moderators. An Administrator should soon take care of the titling.
 3) MODERATOR - An expert's opinion is needed. The specific field in which the expert's help is needed should be added to the title.  6) ADMINISTRATOR - An administrator has titled the character, and the thread will soon be moved to the CD Archives.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Aeileiya Eleyr’ava/Mélad’rhím/Carver  (Read 81 times)
Aeileiya Eleyr’ava
New Santharian

« on: April 15, 2007, 04:12:49 PM »

Name: Aeileiya Eleyr’ava

Changes are in Green

Race: Elf

Tribe: Mélad’rhím

Title: Ranger

Physical Appearance: Aeileiya has a slightly muscular body that accentuates the curves of her body. Her ears are pointed, which is typical of the elven race. Her skin is smooth, but has a somewhat roughed look from working outside. Her hands are rougher than the average elf since she works all day and makes wooden carvings on her spare time. She has soft gray eyes and her hair is light strawberry blond and reaches the small of her back that she keeps braided and tied with a leather thong. The only time she even lets it go is when she is taking a bath or sleeping. She is 1 ped, 2 fores, and a palmspan. And she has a wavelike tattoo on the left and right sides from under the armpit and extending vertically to the top of the thigh which represents the sea that their tribe respects so much. The only scar she has on her body is 4 grains wide about 5 nailsbreadths long on her right bicep that she and a few playmates did with a dagger to each other to prove their strength. She was cut too deep and the wound had to be sewn together in order to heal.

Clothes: She usually wears a fitted tan leather tunic that has ties on the sides to expose her tattooed sides, which she made after a few years of being taught by her mother how to work and sew leather for clothing, with a hood attached to it. Her tan leggings are loose, with a tie to hold it up. Both tunic and leggings are lined with a soft cloth to prevent chafing and are also water repellent. Her calf high boots, that were made by her late father, are water resistant, and are soft enough for traveling, but hard enough for working. Her belt is worn loosely and has three short sheaths attached to it on her right side for her daggers and a long sword sheath on the left side. On both arms she wears half-cuffs, that are made of iron hidden inside leather, which was given to her by her father before he left on a trading route with two other Melád traders.

Personality: Aeileiya is hardworking and is rarely found doing nothing. She's not one to judge on what she hears about someone and it wouldn't be the first time she's gotten into trouble for it. She likes to enjoy life and what it has to offer and close friends and family would be the first to tell you that she can be a little too outspoken, hence her name Aeileiya Eleyr’ava,  meaning, voiced one. That too has gotten her into trouble more than her mother would like to admit. She's loyal to her friends and will treat people the way they treat her.

Strengths:

- Skilled in many of life’s basic needs: preparing food, working leather, hunting, building, etc. It is typical in a Melad tribe that these things are learned growing up by both male and female.

- Can train domestic animals, such as dogs and horses

- Hardworking perfectionist. She's always carving something new and since she's a perfectionist, her carving quality is one of the best. She often uses her work to trade for things her family and tribe would see as useful.

- Skilled with a long sword, which isn't as common with Melad elves. She started training with her father, who used a sword, and continued with her father's brother, who also took up the skill.

- Very skilled with daggers, which is why she's so good at carving.

Weaknesses:

- Naïve: She's never left the tribe before and has no idea what is really out there beyond traveling and herding animals.

- Outspoken: She speaks her mind to anyone and everyone, getting her into trouble half the time with the tribe elders. Being so outspoken has also made her more curious and will not stop till she finds out what she wants to know.

- Stubborn: She always been good at what she does and not being able to do something will push her to do it even more.

History: Growing up as a Melád she’s used to traveling, but since she was young she’s always wanted to see the city life and what it had to offer. Everything she has learned has been something that she would need in her years to come.

Time with her father was cut short when she was 30 when he and a couple of other Melád traders left one day and never came back. He always promised to take her with him some time and having that taken from her really hit her emotionally since they had a really close relationship.

She continued her long sword training with her father’s brother, and vowed to find out what truly happened when her father died.

Weapons: Long sword given to her by her father. It was specially made and has the same wave designs as her tattoo engraved along the sides from the hilt to about halfway down. The hilt is wrapped in Melád made leather. Her daggers are similar to her long sword, but without the engraved designs on the sides. They are slightly shorter than the average dagger. She also has a slingshot that she made herself and is rather simple, but strong.

Belongings: A saddle covered with Melád leather with saddle bags that usually carry rations, her wineskin, a couple pairs of extra clothing, light cloak, a bag of rounded pebbles for her slingshot, and a few extra daggers. She has a thick cloak that she uses sometimes as a saddle pad.

Familiars: Aeileiya owns a dark brown rusik stallion named Lightfoot, because of his light colored hooves. She got him from one of the tribe families that breed and train the horses as pack horses by trading some of her carved wooden ornamental bowls for the lady of the house and tending their animals while the tribe moved to a new location for a whole moon cycle.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 02:39:59 PM by Aeileiya Eleyr’ava » Logged

Find the good in the bad and start from there
Simonne Miller
Meddling Herbalist
CD Mod

Human, Caltharian

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 11:06:23 PM »

Please edit your subject so that it says 'Name/tribe/occupation'. Also, very quickly: you're an elf, you can become more than two hundred (I don't know by heart how old Meladhrim get). Are you really sure you want to have a human age? If you are, why not just pick a human?

Youth is the gift of nature, but age is a work of art...

Simonne Miller
trev'elae telae'irae
New Santharian

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 12:52:12 AM »

according too the elf aging calculater you should be 90 years old
Aeileiya Eleyr’ava
New Santharian

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 07:41:12 AM »

Oh, yes, both of you are correct. I apologize, I read the aging calculator wrong when I input her age. I've corrected it now.

Melads live to be 600 years old, but if you still feel that she should be older, just let me know, I'll change it again!  grin
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 09:47:17 AM by Aeileiya Eleyr’ava » Logged

Simonne Miller
Meddling Herbalist
CD Mod

Human, Caltharian

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 07:48:10 PM »

Oh, you don't HAVE to be really old. I was just asking, because if you really wanted an age like 24 (or whatever you had, I don't remember) you could just as well make a human character *grins* Just a pet peeve of mine, never mind it ;)

Let me uri-check your CD :) Comments in lovely teal

Physical Appearance: Slightly muscular body that accentuates the curves of her body. Pointed ears typical of a Melád. Could you make these two sentences with a verb and subject, please? Her Skin is smooth, but has a somewhat roughed look from working outside. Her hands are not as soft as since she makes wooden carvings on her spare time. I don't understand this sentence. Her hands are not as soft as what? And is it because of the carvings that they are not as smooth? She has light strawberry blond hair that reaches the small of her back that she keeps braided and tied with a leather thong. The only time she even lets it go is when she takes a bath and soft gray eyes. She takes a bath and soft grey eyes? How does she take soft grey eyes? ;) She is 1 ped, 2 fores, and a palmspan. And she has a wavelike tattoo on the left and right sides from under the armpit and extending vertically to the top of the thigh which represents the sea that their tribe respects so much. The only scar she has on her body is 4 grains wide about 5 nailsbreadths long on her right bicep that she and a few playmates did with a dagger to each other to prove their strength. She was cut too deep and the wound had to be sewn together in order to heal.

Clothes: She usually wears a fitted tan leather tunic that have has ties on the sides to expose her tattooed sides, which she made after a few years of being taught by her mother how to work and sew leather for clothing, with a hood attached to it. Her tan leggings are loose, with a tie to hold it up. Both tunic and leggings are lined with a soft cloth to prevent chaffing chafing? I'm not sure. and are also water repellent. Her calf high boots, that were made by her late father, are water resistant, and are soft enough for traveling, but hard enough for working. Her belt is worn loosely and has three short sheaths attached to it on her right side for her daggers and a long sword sheath on the left side. On both arms she wears half-cuffs, that are made of iron hidden inside leather, which was given to her by her father before he left on a trading route with two other Melád traders.

Personality: Aeileiya is hardworking and is rarely found doing nothing. She's not one to judge on what she hears about someone and it wouldn't be the first time she's gotten into trouble for it. She likes to enjoy life and what it has to offer and close friends and family would be the first to tell you that she can be a little too outspoken, hence her name Aeileiya Eleyr’ava,  meaning, voiced one. That too has gotten her into trouble more than her mother would like to admit. She's loyal to her friends and will treat people the way they treat her.

Strengths:

- Skilled in many of life’s basic needs: preparing food, working leather, hunting, building, etc. Growing up in a Melad tribe these things a girl? Elf? Person? learned growing up.

- Can train domestic animals, such as dogs and horses

- Hardworking perfectionist. She's always carving something new and since she's a perfectionist, her carving quality is one of the best. She often uses her work to trade for things her family and tribe would see as useful.

- Skilled with a long sword, which isn't as common with Melad elves. She started training with her father, who used a sword, and continued with her father's brother, who also took up the skill.

- Very skilled with daggers, which is why she's so good at carving.

Weaknesses:

- Naïve: She's never left the tribe before and has no idea what is really out there beyond traveling and herding animals.

- Outspoken: She speaks her mind to anyone and everyone, getting her into trouble half the time with the tribe elders. Being so outspoken has also made her more curious and will not stop till she finds out what she wants to know.

- Stubborn: She always been good at what she does and not being able to do something will push her to do it even more.

- Not trained to use a spear, which is the favored weapon of most Melads. She's clumsy with it and not used to the balance of it. This is not really a weakness: if she is clumsy with a spear, she just wouldn't use it, right? It's not as if anyone is forcing her to use a spear.

History: Growing up as a Melád she’s used to traveling, but since she was young she’s always wanted to see the city life and what it had to offer. Everything she has learned has been something that she would need in her years to come.

Time with her father was cut short when she was 30 when he and a couple of other Melád traders left one day and never came back. He always promised to take her with him some time and having that taken from her really hit her emotionally since they had a really close relationship.

She continued her long sword training with her father’s brother, and vowed to find out what truly happened when her father died.

Is that really all that happened in all her 173 years? I still need to know when she learned the things she learned, such as swordfighting (when did it start, for example), making clothes, etc. and who taught her those things. Did she have no relationship with her mother? Also, please include why she started travelling, as she will probably need to be travelling in order to join a story.

Weapons: Long sword given to her by her father. It was specially made and has the same wave designs as... engraved along the sides from the hilt to about halfway down. The hilt is wrapped in Melád made leather. Her daggers are similar to her long sword, but without the engraved designs on the sides. They are slightly shorter than the average dagger. She also has a slingshot that she made herself and is rather simple, but strong. Explain where she got these things in her history.

Belongings: A saddle covered with Melád leather with saddle bags that usually carry rations, her wineskin, a couple pairs of extra clothing, light cloak, a bag of rounded pebbles for her slingshot, and a few extra daggers. She has a thick cloak that she uses sometimes as a saddle pad.

Familiars: Aeileiya owns a dark brown rusik stallion named Lightfoot, because of his light colored hooves. She got him from one of the tribe families that breed and train the horses as pack horses by carving some ornamental bowls for the lady of the house and tending their animals for a whole moon cycle. This sounds as though the family breeds and trains the horses by carving bowls ;) Please rephrase this sentence.

That's it, for now. I hope I helped you a little :)

Simonne Miller
Aeileiya Eleyr’ava
New Santharian

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 03:00:37 PM »

Okay, I corrected everything, BUT I'm still working on her history. grin I've been reading some CDs of approved characters and they're all really long and VERY interesting and detailed! That is what I will be doing, but it'll take me a day or two to finish it.

If there is anything that needs to be corrected, besides the history, please let me know. Also, if you have any suggestions about what I should add in her history, then by all means, let me know.  :)

Simonne Miller
Meddling Herbalist
CD Mod

Human, Caltharian

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 11:02:14 PM »

I'll see what you come up with first and if I can make any suggestions then, I will. Won't be this weekend though, but after :)

Simonne Miller
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Members
Total Members: 9117
Latest: coldcash
Stats
Total Posts: 114897
Total Topics: 4134
Online Today: 35
Online Ever: 216