Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Time of Healing  (Read 37685 times)
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2007, 08:54:47 AM »

Talia has no fear, she is just curious which might well be a sign that her old self is emerging again. She goes a few steps until she reaches the wall of the cavern and the light of the torch illuminates the hanging stone formations. She moves along the wall, admiring, and it is not really surprised to find an another exit to the cave, probably opposite to the one they came in, though in the darkness this is nothing she could confirm. An old sense of excitement an adventure lying ahead fills her  mind and she steps carefully in the tunnel which opens in the light of her torch. Terra has left her place as well and follows her, but there is no need to say anything, they are both so long together that words are not needed anymore.

The tunnel itself is  barely a ped broad, but widens at short intervals into others , smaller caves, from where other tunnels are leading elsewhere.   What they see now in the light of their small torch is even more  spectacular as the cave behind them . White, small pillars are hanging  from the ceiling, others are growing from the ground towards them, but there are unusual formations as well, some looking like a frozen waterfall, others like a filigree curtain denying them entrance to the secrets of the depth of the mountains.

Unlike in the center of their cave it is wet here, they have to set their feet carefully and waterdrops are hitting their faces. And in the distance they hear still this faint plop, plop. Meanwhile Talia is quite sure, that it must come from falling waterdrops, but the ones which are forming at the tip of the pillars hanging from the ceiling and which are falling down on the top of the columns growing from the ground is nearly noiseless, there is a different quality to what they hear. Slowly they walk on, towards the sound which increases slowly in magnitude. And then they are there.

Both women step abruptly out of the tunnel in a place which is huge. Their torch is still only a beacon in the darkness, but now a faint glow is filling a cave which size they can only guess. Talia has never seen before such a strange beauty. Before their feet a shallow pond is occupying the entire cavern and it is the water in it which emanates the soft glow which is not white or yellow, but has hint of green in its colour. The surface lies calm and quiet, only the drops falling in it from above are inducing small ripples. This was what they have heard. The light coming from the water surface illuminates the entire cavern, faint as it is. And it shows even more wonders then before, the pillars are huger, more impressing, the formations stranger.

It is a fascinating picture and Talia is just stands there and watches the drops falling into the water. She reaches back to Terra and takes her hand, but doesn't say anything. So they stand for a while, when something happens what they could have forseen. Their torch with the burning stone burns out and darkens quickly. Now only the dim eerie green light is left and suddenly Talia doesn't feel as comfortably as  before. An icy hand seems to grip her heart: How will they find back through the tunels without light? Now she realises, that it might have been difficult anyway for such a path looked always different, depending which direction you were choosing.

Her adventurous mood is vanishing and an irrational fear is nestling in her heart. She doesn't say anything, she does not dare to ask, if Terra has taken with her another, not initiated burning stone, just her grip on Terra's hand gets stronger. Finally she murmurers in a low voice: "Do you think we will find back? "
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2008, 04:15:40 AM »

Terra squeezes Talia's hand reassuringly in return, a reassuring smile on her face.

"That will not be hard Talia, I listed, and felt my way though the dark. I could not see but the point of light from your torch."

She looks to Talia taking her eyes from the wonder of the cavern, her face seeming more content.

"Talia, do you remember the sewers of Strata?"

She waits a moment for Talia's reply before continuing.

"Then I fought the man in the sewers, he threw dust in my eyes hoping to blind me and make me unable to fight him. Even without being able to see clearly, even with my hair in my eyes I still fought with more skill that he. I did not trust my eyes in fighting him, I rarely do, I used my other senses to know where he was and what he intended. It is quite easy for me to loose my direction using my eyes to see where I am when I fight, so I don't."

Terra looks back to the wonder of the cavern before them.

"I was able to follow and not stumble and fall not because I could see your torch, but because I listened and felt what was around me. I will lead you back when we are ready."

She looks to Talia as if going to speak about something else, something she had remembered that bothered her, but seeing Talia upset and feeling lost, Terra decides against bringing it up and to do so when they get back to the first chamber.
Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2008, 06:33:49 PM »

Terra's voice in the darkness is reassuring, her words even more. So Talia just asks her to lead them back, which Terra does, taking her hand when needed. After what seems for Talia a long time they are back in their original cave. Talia is glad to see the faint light of the burning stones , though she wonders, if it is still so bright as it was when they entered the cave. She satisfies her thirst in one of the small water basins formed by the mountain itself which are near the wall, then returns to her place, sitting as comfortably on her blanket as possible.

"Thank you Terra, and forgive me my timidness, or should I say, my sheepishness? I'm still not myself , I wonder if there will be a time where I will be as confident and strong as I once was. I wonder, what the time in this cave with so much stone above and around us will bring. I don't see, how this will make us stronger..."

She falls silent. Is now time to sleep? Is it day outside or night? Talia is not tired, but she is somewhat worn out and does not know why.

I need to be more trusting, I need to believe in the Brownies, that their method of treating us will help...
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2008, 01:57:17 PM »

Ta'las lays on a bedroll inside the crude hut the brownies have built for any 'human-sized' visitors to the Vale.  For some reason, the Shendar is unable to find the solace of sleep, so after tossing in his bed for the better part of Starrise, he rises.  He dresses quickly, and out of habit dons his armour and buckles on his dou’kilij.

As he steps out into the darkness, the light earthy scent of moss and damp blades of grass mingle with the sharp aroma of spruce and pine needles.  Unlike previous evenings, the stars are partially hidden behind a veil of wispy clouds and a brisk breeze rushes through their camp.  He looks up into the dark sky and wonders how Terra and Talia are faring, and where they are now.  Ta’las smiles briefly, and then continues to the clearing where he had just been practising earlier that day.

The ring of trees is much more imposing at night – their massive canopies blot out what little light the night sky offers – and the Shendar’s breath slightly quickens.  Standing alone in the dark, as the wind blows his cloak around him, he imagines the trees are silent sentinels.  Despite his unease, Ta’las closes his eyes and calms himself.  To fear is to give importance to the self, rather than the greater world around you, Ta’las.  A warrior acknowledges danger, but does not allow fear to distract him from his task.

When he opens his eyes again, he stands in a field of ar’pun.  The night sky is dark and all around him the wind bends the swards of grass low to the ground.  “Mother-sister?”

He calls out again, much louder, but he receives no answer.  In the distance, Ta’las sees a small rise, and in its centre stands a tree.  Something sits at the base of the tree, but from where he stands, the Shendar cannot tell what it is.  The wind begins to howl above him and the sky darkens even more as rain starts to fall.  He looks down in amazement at his hands – he can actually feel the rain!

Ta’las shivers and draws his cloak about him, but that offers him little protection from the slashing wind and rain.  He makes his way toward the tree, and as he closes, he recognises the greyish, peeling bark of a birch tree, whose branches are devoid of leaves.  At the base of the tree stands the still form of a young aj’nuvic.  The creature’s light brown fur is matted against its skin, as it sits there shivering in the cold. 

The aj’nuvic and the Shendar walk toward one another until they stand only inches away from one another.  “Desert Rose,” he whispers, and just as he had many years ago, Ta’las feels the strength of their bonding and his sense of purpose renewed.

“You have been sent here for a reason, Ta’las,” his mother-sister’s voice comes from behind him.  He turns and sees his mother-sister – and he now stands before her water mirror.  The rain, the tree, and even Desert Rose vanish from his dreamscape. His mother-sister approaches him and gently grabs his forearm.  “Accepting that purpose can give you strength, even as you offer strength to your companions.  Use what time you have in the Vale to gather even more, child.”

Ta’las nods to his mother-sister, and turns away.

When he opens his eyes, the dawning rays of Firstflame have just begun to light the clearing.

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2008, 06:13:00 AM »

The time passes and with the passing Talia looses her sense of time completely. She doesn't know any longer how much time may have passed, be it just half an hour or half a day. The continuous dripping of water somewhere has a hypnotising effect, reality shifts and becomes unreal, thoughts drift away to get thinner and finally dissolve somewhere in the void. The void... Talia looks into what she might describe as a void if she would be able to formulate any thought at all. Her mind empties slowly and maybe one of the few teachers of the Second Reality some Shendar, like Ta'las, seek, might be content with his disciple. But Talia never thought that she would be strong enough to follow this hard path and so never attempted it. So she sits now, has lost her feeling for her body and for some time she finds peace.

At first she does not realise, that something has changed. The water still continues to trip and her mind is empty, her soul rests floating in the darkness. But slowly, very slowly, but steadily the  effortlessness of existing in this darkness ceases and is replaced by a slight pressure. Talia's thoughts are gathering again, but not to a degree where she would think clearly and consciously. But she is suddenly aware of the huge amount of rock and soil above her, suddenly it is as if the mountain would rest on her shoulders. It is not a bodily feeling though, it is her mind of better soul which has to carry the immense load of a whole mountainstock. What has started slowly and merely recognisable is after some time pressing down on her to a degree where she thinks she will melt into the ground below her. Sweat is streaming down her body, her face is wet from tears, she wants to scream, but no sound is coming out of her throat. She has forgotten by now, where she is or why, there is no Terra sitting opposite to her nor does she hear the dripping water anymore. All her will is now directed towards the goal not to get pressed into the ground by the weight which is pressing down onto her.

And then, when she is about to give up and allow the mountain to swallow her, it is gone, the pressure on soul and body. For a moment she has the feeling as if her body would float above her blankets, but then she feels the fabric under her legs and she knows,she is rooted firmly, her mind is clear and refreshed as after a long sleep and though her body is tired, it is an agreable tiredness, she feels strong inside and knows, once she has rested she will be different, she knows she has master a good deal of the way back to her old self. And then she smiles, she smiles genuinely as she didn't for a long time now. And very softly she calls out for her friend: "Terra...."

Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2008, 11:41:35 AM »

"You come with and wait where tell you I," says a small voice from somewhere down and to his right.

Ta'las looks down and sees the small brownie that had come to visit him the previous evening.  He smiles at the brownie and nods.  "Is the healing finished yet?" he excitedly asks.  "I would like to see my friends again."

The brownie shakes his head.  "Not finished.  Still need to feel air."  The brownie tugs on Ta'las pant leg.  "You come with."  Then he looks sheepishly at the Shendar and opens his mouth, as if he is uncertain how to proceed.  "To walk - is- is- far.  I far.  To you with."  He pauses again.  "Sorry.  Words difficult.  I like Tulpje walk with?"

The Shendar nods his head and lifts up the brownie on to his shoulder.  "We will walk together.  You have done much to help Talia and Lady Terra, and for that I would take you to the rim of Norong’Sorno if you so asked it of me.”  He starts away, following the brownie’s directions to the clearing outside the cave where his companions now wait.

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2008, 07:39:55 AM »

Terra rest fitfully not asleep, but not apparently awake either, like Talia unaware of the passage of time while memories of her forgotten past plague her. Her memories not are of the latter half of her journey to the Kar'ii, moving carefully among the underworld of society, all those her mother would have fought to imprison or kill, they were her only guide and danger was often only an arms length away. Danger had come her way many times and she had been able to elude it, but not always, and even then she could get out of if without taking a life. Her luck did not hold and now her memories dwell on taking a mans life who attacked her. Her heart races remembering the attack, being pushed before she could draw but keeping her feet and drawing her blade only to have the man move past it to shove her off her feet. She looses her footing, tumbling to the ground, her Moon Blade slipping from her grasp as the man set upon her, pinning her. Struggling desperately to free herself she reaches for her Moon Blade not intending to kill the man at first but as simply struggling away becomes more futile she is only thinking about stopping the assault before she is violated. Some how she manages to regain her Moon Blade, how is unclear, it seemed to far, and strike the man down. She stares into the mans lifeless eyes for a long moment in horror and disbelief before fleeing as much from the scene in her mind as the fear of being caught.

She lays tormented for a time, she is not sure how long, facing that she could not at the time reconcile with the facade of her nature. Slowly she comes to realize that her true nature was very different, she had merely hidden it. She is now what she was then only afraid to admit is, the is a warrior as her mother was before her, that is why she sought to learn of the blade she wields now. She is a defender, schooled in the most hazardous environments to fight those that would unjustly harm other. Finally reconciling that which she had needed so desperately to reconcile within herself she comes out of her fitful rest sitting up feeling unburdened, hearing her name.

"Talia, I am here. Are you alright? How long has it been?"
Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2008, 02:41:44 AM »

"No idea, Terra, it seemed long and short to me at the same time, endless while I was waiting for the time to pass, but now, that I emerged somehow from...  I don‘t know how to call it, it is as if .... „  Talia struggles for words, „ this painful feeling of the time stretching endlessly is gone, but if somebody would tell me, that we have spend here a year I would not find it too strange..“ She nearly giggles a bit, her mood is rising and she sees more confidently in the future than before.

It takes not long and a faint light can be seen and finally a voice is rescuing them from their temporary underground home.

Primrose herself has come to lead them out of the cave. Again Talia is astonished how quickly the Brownies are able to move. She would have carried the Brownie leader, but obviously this was not her wish.

When they leave the cave the stars begin to rise, Injera has just set what might be good, for the eyes of the two cave dwellers are still fairly sensible. Not long and they are back in their „base camp“ as Talia calls it and a huge meal with delicious food waits for them, at least each Brownie would call it so. But meanwhile Talia has taken to stuffed mice as well which are prepared without bones which must be an enormous work for the small Brownie cooks. Most food though are fresh fruits and vegetables, easier to prepare in quantities needed by the big people.

But what gladdens Talia and Terra even more than the food is that Ta‘las is waiting for them and joins them at their meal. It is good to be able to speak to somebody about  the past healing period. As the night is clear and warm Talia feels nearly at home at the fire , with Ta‘las here and Terra at her side.

When nearly finished, Talia asks how long they have been in the cave and what would be the „earth-part“. Primrose hestitates a bit, but answers then firmly.

„You have been in the cave for a day, a night and another day. That is half a day more than I expected you to be there, but obviously you needed this timespan. However, ‚air-healing‘ should start two days after the beginning of the cave experience, so I decided, that we will skip the last earth-part. You will start with the ‚air-healing‘  tomorrow morning, just before the sun will rise and spend three  - or seven - whole days on a tree, living there, eating , sleeping and following the needs of your body. You will be on different trees and you should not communicate with anybody, just with the air, the trees, the animals in the tree. We will provide you unseen with water, you will need no food.

It will not be a hard time for you as it may have been in the cave, for you are much stronger now, even if you don‘t have experienced your new strength yet. If you are lucky you might learn something about yourself, more than in the previous healing. After this time in the tree you are done, then we can‘t help you further, but we hope you are as ‚whole‘ as possible  and your former self again... well, not entirely, you should be your former self in an ... advanced form.“

Talia has listened quietly to Primrose words, she does not know what to answer and so just thanks the small Brownie woman with a few words.

„Thank you Primrose, for the effort you and your people are taking upon you to help us. I hope we your kindness will be rewarded some day.“
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2008, 10:23:10 AM »

When his companions finally emerge from the cave, Ta'las cannot hide his happiness.  And it is not just because he has missed his Shendar-sister and Lady Terra, but he can also see the difference in them.  They move with the confident assuredness that marks a warrior and their eyes are calm.

As they sit down for a meal, Ta'las finds his gaze continually falls upon Lady Terra, and for a time he allows Talia and Primrose to fill the silence with their conversation.  He wishes the two of them could spend some time alone, that this quest would solve itself. 

Instead, once Talia and Primrose conclude their conversation, Ta'las speaks up.  "The elves were correct to send us here, Primrose.  And I also thank you for what you have done for my friends."  Once again, he glances over at Lady Terra and forgets momentarily what he had been about to say.

"W- with this next stage of our quest nearly finished," the Shendar finally adds, "we will need to think about where we travel next.  Perhaps the others have learned something where they've headed, but Capher still is in need of healing.  And if what we've heard is true, that will take us next to the city of Ximax."

He looks between his two friends.  "Have either of you travelled there?"

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2008, 04:35:35 AM »

From the moment her eyes spotted Ta'las she dare not test her voice, instead giving a bright happy smile at the sight of him. Her gaze as they ate rarely left the sight of him, she longs to me alone with him, to find the courage to say what she wanted, and yet reherses it over and over should the moment come the words never seeming to fit right. She sits eating contently with Talia and Ta'las, though she suddenly stops at the mention of being in a tree, her hands beginning to tremble a little, a fear she held as a child rising. Quietly she tries to regain her composure against the crushing fear that had first began to return crossing the rock bridge in the caves. She is not sure why she fears hights so, only that its there and she can not stop trembling at the thought of being in a tree above the ground.
Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2008, 11:43:52 PM »

„No, actually not. Ta'las. I have not been further north than New Santhala and have not seen much of the rest of the lands to the left or right either. I have been quite content with living in the Rahaz-Dath. And if we, my sisters and I,  needed some distraction there was always our flowering city we could visit. Oh yes, I even managed to get to Chylikis once, but I don't like to remember the day, the sea has been very rough and not very kind to my stomach... Visiting Ximax will be a great adventure I'm looking forward.“

Talia enjoys sitting with her friends under  the starry sky and is not afraid of anything which might come. But she notices, that Terra seems to tremble slightly, when Primrose mentions the tree. Could it be, that she is afraid of heights? How had it been in the cavern? But maybe it is just the nervousness sitting near to Ta'las. ..... He seems a bit restless as well. Talia's brain gear is not yet working as it would normally, but finally, when looking the hundred and second time from Ta'las to Terra,  a thought not unlike a lightning bolt enlightens her and she asks Primrose:

„Primrose, could you show me the trees already now we are going to call our home tomorrow? Maybe my sleep tonight is a bit more sound if I see, how it will work.“

And as Primrose agrees and Talia even gets the honour to carry her she lifts the little, but important person on her shoulder and leaves the fire. Hopefully the two are not too shy to talk to each other when alone! The inspection of the tree won't take hours!
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2008, 03:07:54 PM »

At first, Ta'las is a little uncertain why Talia felt it necessary to inspect a tree, but perhaps she knows something about forests that most Shendar do not.  He shrugs his shoulders and looks at Terra, noticing the trembling of her hands.  He tilts his head a little to one side.  "Lady Terra, are you well?"

Sitting on the ground as they are, with his legs tucked underneath him, he has to right himself a little and moves closer to Terra.  He places his hands, palms upward, underneath hers and gently holds them.  "I am sure that Primrose would not have you do anything dangerous enough to harm the healing that has already begun and progressed so far now."  The Shendar furrows his brow as he recalls what she told him a few days before when he returned Terra to the camp before she entered the cave.  "I do remember you reacted such at the bridge.  You said that you felt like you were falling, but I think there is something more.  Something tied to you... to your... youth..."

His voice fades and he forgets all else he had intended to say, as he looks into her eyes again.  "You are beautiful," he blurts out.  "There is much to you, Lady Terra, and I wish I knew it all."  He rubs her cheek and smiles at her.  "Perhaps one day I can prove myself worthy of such a gift, but for now, all I will take is this."  Ta'las leans forward and kisses her lightly on the lips.

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2008, 04:51:34 AM »

It is only a short walk until Primrose points to a tree which is standing slightly solitary. It is a normal oaktree at the first sight, about 30peds high, a kind of tree which is quite common throughout Southern Santharia. Its silhouette is  clearly be visible, the moon is nearly full and sheds a silvery light on the leaves. The lowest branches are not higher than maybe two peds above the ground and reaching far away from the trunk.

However, something is different, but Talia can't say what it is, the relative darkness of the night doesn't help reveal the secrets of the tree. 

As Talia steps nearer, Primrose directs her towards the trunk and around where she finds a help to actually be able to climb the tree. It is dark inside the leafage, but suddenly Primrose hops from Talias's shoulder and lights a burning stone which was fixed in a crotch.

“I thought you would be curious and asked my people to prepare this“ she laughs at Talia answering her surprised gaze. “come further up, this is not the level you should spend the next days.“ Suddenly more Brownies are around, smaller ones who Talia hasn't seen before. She is not sure if they are children, these Brownie faces are so minute, Talia just can't tell.

Agile as one of her younger tribemembers Primrose works her way up the trunk with the help of little branches growing out of the trunk and with ropes running along this trunk. The children however are much faster, Talia only hears their high giggling, like little bells. It is easy for Talia to follow as well. There are branches just in the right place to hold on or climb onto, ropes hanging from higher branches to allow a safe passage where no branches are.

“Have you been to the Sharadon and learned how to move in trees?“Talia asks Primrose. The Brownie leader only laughs and answers, that they are well capable to do this themselves and that no giants of elves are needed to make a tree habitable.

After having climbed up for about ten peds, Primrose waits for Talia. Another burning stone is lit.They have arrived on a level where the branches seem to grow all at the same height out of the trunk. The offshoots are bend to the same level and somehow the brownie have manage to form and interweave a kind of floor! On the side of the tree which faces south (as primrose tells Talia) there are about a few square  peds where it is even possible to walk on safely for a huge and heavy human. And there is, to Talia's surprise, a hammock out of ropes and leaves. 

“There you  sleep“one of the youngsters, who are sitting in the branches around, crows in Tharian and  - the surprises take no end, they start to jump into the hammock until Primrose shoos them away.

“There are two more hammocks farther up and the higher you chose to sleep the better for you. On this level you will find your daily water. As I said, you will have no food, but you won't need one, the hunger vanishes after the first day....“

No food is ok and if there is plenty of water Talia will do quite well. But there is another thing which people need to do who are drinking, if not eating. Talia is a bit embarrassed, she doesn't know how to ask, especially with the brownie children around (shouldn't they be in bed by now!), so she puts another question first:

“Will the children be around?“

Primrose looks at her, as if she knew this is not the question Talia wants to ask and firmly says:

“Of course not! And now it is time for them to go as well. “A short whistle, and the little ones are jumping down the tree, from branch to branch that Talia nearly gets dizzy just from watching them vanish into the darkness below the tree.

Finally Talia doesn't get around to ask Primrose the most important question, at least it seems to be the most important in the moment.

“Primrose, what if I need to loose this water again I have drunk ???“

Primrose seems in a very good mood today, for her eyes twinkle in the light of the stone.

“Oh, don't worry, that is no problem at all. Look, you are alone here in the tree and the leafage is pretty dense down here. Come around the trunk and you can see there some baskets and some leaves for cleaning. Just use them as you would use your Shendar toilet , close the basket and throw it down. I'm sure that will help to keep those curious kids away from your tree! “

Talia inspects the baskets – it really looks like it could work....

“Now, let us go back, you will have time enough to explore your tree, there is a nice place just near the top with a splendid view! “

Both are climbing down and Primrose says good night at the base of the tree, so Talia goes back to Terra and Ta'las, ready to go to her sleeping blankets. Hopefully they were allowed to take one or two of those, otherwise it might get a bit cold up in the tree.

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2008, 07:38:24 AM »

Terra's trembling slowly ceases at his touch, his words soothing her, driving back her deep fears, though they are not so easily defeated and linger still. Her dread driven to the back of her mind she sits happily in his presence just listening his voice, her gaze in his. Her eyes widening in suddenly in surprise of his soft kiss, quickly settling into it happily, her heart seeming light as it flutters, only held down by the dread of what the brownies not ask of her.

"Ta'las I thank you for you compliment... There is much I have been wanting to tell you, to say but always seem to say something else."

Terra draws herself to him,

"I don't like heights Ta'las ever since..."

She pauses hesitently the trembling returning against him.

"I remember now why. When I was little helping wash my families cloths I always took the job of hanging it to dry though I was still to short to reach the line without standing on something. It was a still day, the most gentle breeze, my god mother had gone to tend to supper while I finish, but there was more to hang then most days and the line was getting harder for me reach. I was on my stool trying to hang a tunic to dry the last thing in my basket but it was to high. I was determined though, I kept trying and trying so hard, determined, desperate to do it without calling to Ma for help."

She pause taking a deep breath obviously bothered by the memory.

"I don't think anyone really believed me, not even Sis, but as I was trying, I wanted soo hard to do it myself, the wind picked up hard lifting me from the stool. It tossed me to the ground. Ma, Pa and Sis all though I had tried to jump up but lost my footing. I didn't the wind had come picked me up. I don't know why, no one else noticed, just my terrified screams. I have not likes heights since."

Terra rests trembling against Ta'las.
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2008, 11:45:36 AM »

Ta'las is more than pleased to allow Terra to rest against him, and for a few moments he simply holds her.  He understands that some people fear heights - in his youth, one of his friends could not climb ladders.  The Shendar mulls over what Terra has said though - something about it makes him think it is more than just a fear of heights that troubles her mind.

He furrows his brow a little and sits back a little way from Terra, though he still holds her hands.  "You say a wind picked you up off a stool, and yet there was nothing more than a gentle breeze?"  He pauses a bit, confused.  "You must have been a very young child or very thin, because even a dust devil could not lift a child much older than three.  And normally we only get those on very windy days."  Ta'las absently rubs the back of Terra's hands as he thinks some more.

"You know, when I was growing up, my mother-sister was always able to find water in the desert.  Not by looking for certain plants or shapes of sand hills as I was trained to do, but just by thinking about it."  Ta'las' thoughts give him a far away look now.  "She is even able to make water move into different shapes.  She was chosen to train to be a priestess of Baveras - a water aid - at a very young age, when her mother noticed she could make water move when she was angry or scared."

Ta'las' vision returns back to Terra, and he notices again how beautiful she is. The Shendar smiles at her and starts to move close again, but this time he holds back, seeing the look in her eyes.  "Did anything like being thrown off the stool happen to you again?"

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 30, 2021, 06:05:42 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]