* 
Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?


*
gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize


Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator



Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Time of Healing  (Read 38216 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 3892


Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras


« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2008, 06:47:22 AM »

Though the branch Talia is sitting on starts to get a bit uncomfortable, she is not yet ready to descend. Coming down is as if she had to jump into cold water, the cold water of a life which seems to ask to much of her and her companions lately. She knows, it is inevitable to dive again into the stream, not knowing how it will look downstreams, if it will be a calm water or a wild white water which could easily drown them all.

But she can postpone it for a few more sacred moments - so she decides to stay just a tiny little bit longer on her branch and enjoys to  be not  yet part of the world which awakes around her..
Logged
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 610


Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si


« Reply #106 on: September 11, 2008, 10:25:37 AM »

Ta'las looks down at the branches immediately beneath Terra's feet and climbs down a couple of feet.  "Here," he says, patting a branch below her right foot.  "Put your right foot there and then step down on this branch next to it.  If you keep on this same line the whole way down, you should find plenty of foot and handholds.  Do not worry about moving too quickly, just try to keep the same speed and match your breathing to your movements."

"I'll stay just over to your left and keep pace with you."  The Shendar winks up at her and gives her a smile, and then moves to a spot where she can see him more easily as he starts to descend again, if a little more slowly this time.

Logged

Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1002

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian


« Reply #107 on: September 12, 2008, 05:07:41 AM »

'Teri sips calmly at her tea, then closes her eyes and leans her head back for a moment before looking back to Capher, a playful smile on her face. "Oh, no. He'll only tell his closest friends, who in turn will tell only those they're closest to, and so on. Are you known as the Storyteller for your stories, or the stories of your stories?"

She smiled, closed her eyes and leaned back again.
Logged

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 4944


Dragon


« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2008, 12:05:41 AM »

"So that is how it works?" Capher chuckled as he took a sip of the tea.  The tea was warm and soothing as it trickled down his throat. He considered how much he desired human food and amenities than if he were eating like he would in his true form.  That vision of tearing raw meat from off some fresh kill with pieces of flesh, fur, and sinew hanging from his jaws made him involuntarily shudder.

Capher opened his eyes as Teri asked her next question. "Teri, what do your people call me? I am known by many names throughout Caelereth. Storyteller was the name given to me by the Brownies because I would come and tell them what was happening outside their Vale. As you have guessed by now there are not that many who venture outside of the Vale and if they do they are ostercised: like Tulpje. So every once in awhile I would come into the Vale and tell stories...because of that one Brownie a long time ago...called me Storyteller and it has passed down from generation to generation."

He paused, taking another sip of tea. "I hope that answered your question?" He asked.
Logged
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1540


Human, Sophronian


« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2008, 07:45:36 AM »

Terra begins to continue her decent with Ta'las at her side, it soothed her to have him with her, as they descend the tree together. It helps keep her mind from her fears and oddly the distraction helps her focus. She even smiles a little sharing these moments apparently with Ta'las alone.

Steadily they make their way the distance to the ground, Terra's pace quickens a little with pride and confidence. Even the nagging fear seems to quiet as they descend drawing ever nearer the ground. She smiles to Ta'las, her eyes shining, her fear forgotten for the time, her thought caught in the moment, one that seems to be just for the two of them, even seeing their friends again seems and after thought. As they draw near the end of their climb she even seems to giggle, perhaps it was the moments together, or perhaps it was the joy of soon being on the ground, it is hard to tell.

Once they were both on the ground Terra throws her arms around Ta'las again and embraces him for a long while till her racing heart slowed to the soft flutter, then looks to him.

"Do you think Talia is alright?"
Logged
Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1002

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian


« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2008, 02:15:49 AM »

"That is exactly what I was saying. I'm not sure what you were called in the Zeiphyr, I've probably heard of you, but... hearing of someone in tales and seeing them in person often don't connect."

Happy, comfortable again, she relaxes, and her mind wanders off to those precious few moments with Morcaanan, dreaming of the time they will meet again.
Logged

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 4944


Dragon


« Reply #111 on: September 15, 2008, 10:21:15 PM »

"Ah, now I understand. It is like when you were a child and your parents told you a story that seemed so outrageous that it could not possibly be true and then one day you actually meet one of those characters and it causes confusion, possibly doubt and then perhaps the realization that the story your parents told you was not as outrageous as it seemed. Is that what you are trying to say?" Capher asked.

He looked out the cabin's door, the shadows lengthening as the sun slowly sank into the south west sky. He wondered where Ta'las could be?

Suddenly Wanderingstick came in with at least a dozen other Brownies all carrying leaves as large, or larger than they were covered with fresh fruit, all sorts of different kinds of meat and cheeses.  At the rear came an open rolling cart pulled by all things...owls, and in that cart was a cask of ale.

They all put the food and ale next to Capher and Teri and then Wanderingstick, after checking to make sure everything was ok, turned and spoke to Capher, "I hope it enough. If not please tell me and I get more," he said.

Capher looked over the bounty, smiled at Wanderingstick and nodded his head. "No Wanderingstick. I think this should be sufficient. You and your friends have prepared a very nice table for us, thank you."

Though Wanderingstick had some difficulty understanding what Storyteller said, he understood "thank you" and smiled back at Capher.  He turned to go when Capher asked him a question.

"Wanderingstick I was wondering, do you know where our friends are?"

Wanderingstick turned around with a huge smile on his face. "I know. They are in trees," he said.

"Trees?" Capher asked, a bit puzzled. "Why are they in trees?" He asked.

Wanderingstick looked at Capher as if he should know, he cocked his little brown head, then he laughed. "Storyteller making joke. Trees are for healing."

Capher thought a moment, and then smiled once again at Wanderingstick. "Yes, of course. I must have forgotten."

Wanderingstick's eyes widened and then he turned shaking his head as he walked out of cabin whispering to himself, "Storyteller tell many jokes."

Meanwhile Capher was looking at Teri with questioning looks. "Do you know what he meant?" He asked.
Logged
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 610


Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si


« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2008, 11:47:24 AM »

"I expect so," Ta'las replies, but his mind is here-and-now with Terra, and so he continues to remain in her embrace for as long as she will allow it.  The Shendar returns Terra's smile, suddenly realising that his heart is no longer his alone - that he has found the one person with whom he will share it.  Unfortunately, the words do not come to him, and instead he lightly brushes his hand against her cheek and sighs.  He holds her a little more tightly for a few moments, and then nods.

"Yes, Talia will be fine, but she is probably wondering what has become of us."  Reluctantly, he adds, "we should find her."  Ta'las starts to turn toward the tree where the last stage of Talia's healing took place, and offers his hand to Terra.  "At least we can still enjoy what time we have left in this place."
Logged

Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1002

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian


« Reply #113 on: September 17, 2008, 06:05:07 AM »

"I don't know about healing in trees, Capher; I've never even seen brownies before. But I think he thinks you should know everything, especially about brownies. I'm sure we'll find out soon."

Carefully, she reaches out and takes a fruit, nibbling softly, thinking.
Logged

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 4944


Dragon


« Reply #114 on: September 19, 2008, 01:38:47 AM »

Capher shrugged his shoulders and turned his attention to the food and drink...suddenly he felt hungry and thirsty as he piled his plate with the food and fruit until it was overflowing and then he poured himself a large tankard of ale.  He sat down opposite of Teri and began eating and drinking.

"I suppose you are right, Terri. However I do not know everything," he said with a wry voice.
Logged
Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1002

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian


« Reply #115 on: September 19, 2008, 01:17:30 PM »

"Nor can you, or anyone save Avá alone. I think it's a positive thing, not knowing something. It lets you understand that there are ways you can grow, things you can still learn at some point; a goal to live for."

"Yráná'foár'galnós styrát daí; yráná'foár'pherán styrát daí. Yráná ám yráná coorán." She turns her head to face Capher, fighting the old language through her mind, forgetting, remembering, trying to make something out of it all. "Yráná mésh yráná styrát ác lythán?"

Briefly, she pauses, then laughs nervously, grips her forehead and looks away. "Hard to believe it's so strenuous these days. Mother used to only speak it to me, Tharian never, but now... I can hardly remember the most simple things. The pieces must be put together. Puzzles are as this."
Logged

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1540


Human, Sophronian


« Reply #116 on: September 19, 2008, 11:46:28 PM »

Terra is content to share an embrace with Ta'las, she only wished the words she wished to speak, the ones that truely speak of how she feels in his presence and in his parts, would come to her lips and tongue.

"You are likely right. I do miss our friends."

Her voice is smooth and content, though carries with it that she to is lost in the moments of the present. She slips her hand into his offered hand as they start toward Talias place of healing, a barely audible sigh escaping her.

"Ta'las, I do care a great deal for you, but I seem to lack words to express it."

She draws herself close to his side as they walk, content to for now be only in the present, though fearing she will soon have to think of there future, but deep inside not fearing that future with a man such as Ta'las at her side as she would be at his.
Logged
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 4944


Dragon


« Reply #117 on: September 20, 2008, 12:21:59 AM »

Capher listened intently as Teri spoke and his ears pricked up when she started to speak in the Elvish tongue.  It was a language that he too should know, but as Teri stated, it was hard to understand, much less speak, as his thought processess were so much Tharian now days that even his own language, Draconian, would not come easy...but he thought, To face Eckra and to use the magic within me I have to at least think in Draconian or else... Capher frowned at that thought.

"I agree Teri. Only Ava knows everything. I think it would be boring to know everything. When I learn something different, or see something I have not seen before, even if it is growth in humanity, or love as expressed by youself toward Morcaanan; I rejoice in my heart and mind, for it helps me to gtow, to understand, and someday perhaps to have.  Growing and evolving in knowledge, wisdom and truth about Caelereth, its many and varied plant and animal life as well as its races and cultures I believe bring us closer to Ava. I hope never to have complete understanding until it is time for me to meet my Goddess, Seyella and my other worldly destiny. I just hope that that destiny will be a good one."

Capher became silent as he comtenplated his own words.
Logged
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 610


Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si


« Reply #118 on: September 20, 2008, 12:48:52 PM »

Ta'las smiles and squeezes Terra's hand a little.  "When I was young, I remember my mother-sister always berating me for speaking so much, rather than doing what I was told.  She always said, 'words are just that - words'."  He looks at Terra.  "I did not understand what she meant, and tried to ask her, but she would just swat my head and tell me to fetch water for dinner."  When he thinks back to how he felt in his youth - free of worry, and simply happy to be himself, Ta'las realises he now feels just as he had when he was young.  "Right now, I feel the warmth of your touch, and I see happiness in your eyes.  Walking here together, next to you - says much more than words, Lady Terra." 

He nods to the large tree just ahead of them, where Talia has spent the last day healing, and stops.  "And of course, this is new for us, and often people are simply uncertain how to act or speak at the beginning of such things."  As they walk he puts his arm around her shoulder and holds her close.  "The words do not always have to be spoken."  Ta'las then looks up the tree, wondering how far Talia has had to climb.  "Would you like to call for Talia, or shall I?"

Before she can answer, he leans toward Terra and whispers in her ear, "I love you, Lady Terra."

Logged

Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1002

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian


« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2008, 03:02:18 PM »

Capher?" 'Teri began, looking at him, trying to look into his eyes and soul, "I hope that someday, you can find love. That you can feel the inexplicable pull that tears you in half when you're apart, and makes you as strong as the gods when you're together. Don't... misunderstand me. I don't wish you pain... I just hope that someday... you can feel what it's like. I want you to be that happy."
Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 30, 2021, 06:05:42 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]
Members
Total Members: 2848
Latest: Carilinaa
Stats
Total Posts: 214567
Total Topics: 8051
Online Today: 32
Online Ever: 216
(November 30, 2006, 09:08:03 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 28
Total: 28

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines
TinyPortal v0.9.8 © Bloc
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Theme based on Cerberus with Risen adjustments by Bloc and Krelia
Modified By Artimidor for The Santharian Dream
gfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx