* 
Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?


*
gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize


Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator



Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Time of Healing  (Read 37719 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 4944


Dragon


« Reply #120 on: September 23, 2008, 12:33:40 AM »

Capher had his mouth full when Teri spoke. He swallowed quickly and answered, "Thank you Terri, that means a lot to me to know that you care."

Capher washed down the rest of the food with a long swallow of ale and comtemplated Teri's words. They were quite profound when one considered that being happy also could mean being miserable at the same time. This "Love" is incomprehensible, yet why does he want it so much?

Finally he spoke after some time, "I wonder where Ta'las is? The sun is almost gone, certainly he should be arriving soon? What do you think?" He asked Teri, rhetorically; knowing she had no idea as well as he.
Logged
Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1002

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian


« Reply #121 on: September 25, 2008, 04:53:17 PM »

"I'm guessing sometime before dark... or maybe just a few hours thereafter."

She looks briefly at him, then away again. Couldn't be long. The brownies had claimed they would be returning from their "trees" soon. She rather found herself wishing they would hurry, wishing she could see Morcaanan again.
Logged

Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 610


Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si


« Reply #122 on: September 27, 2008, 11:12:08 AM »

Thinking that he'd startled Terra with his confession, or perhaps worse, frightened her into silence, Ta'las pats her arm.  "It is okay - there is no need to say anything, but I do think we should see about getting Talia to come down."  He looks up the tree and then over at Terra with a grin.  "There is one sure way to call a Shendar, even so far from home."

He sets his middle and index fingers on his lips, and lets out a shrill whistle, much like that used by parents to call home their children while playing in the sands of the Rahaz-Dath.  "Talia!  It is time to stop playing in the trees, Shendar-sister!  There is much work to be done down here on the ground where your feet belong!"  Then he steps back from the tree to see if can catch a glimpse of Talia.
Logged

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1540


Human, Sophronian


« Reply #123 on: September 27, 2008, 01:26:35 PM »

Terra is shocked to hear the words she holds in her heart but could not say. She watches as Ta'las whistles up the tree and calls to Talia, then slips back in at his side placing her head on his shoulder.

"I, love you to. I do not know what will become of us ahead, if either of us, any of us will survive. Until our fates are revealed to us, I will be at your side."

Her head rises from his shoulder looking the distance up the tree and begins to tremble anew.

"What if Talia did not hear you? What if she it to far up, or sleeping and some one has to get her? Ta'las, I can't do it again, not yet, I am not strong enough to do it again."

Her head falls back to his shoulder her face buried in his neck, her body trembling.
Logged
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 610


Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si


« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2008, 11:24:30 AM »

The Shendar feels a surge of joy, and holds Terra closer to him.  He has never felt this way about another, and to have that feeling returned back lightens his heart.  "Do not worry, Lady Terra, if she cannot climb down on her own, I can go up to her."  He rubs her hand as he looks up the tree.  "But I do not think that will be necessary - I think heights do not bother Talia."

Ta'las looks at Terra as she trembles.  He recalls something Kal'manth told him as a boy, just before he travelled to the Aj'nuvic Grounds to befriend Desert Rose.  Suddenly, he felt a pang of worry, wondering how his Aj'nuvic fares, but he steels himself, knowing that had anything foul happened to his bondmate, he would know.  He rubs Terra's shoulder and turns to her so they face one another.  "There is nothing wrong with fear, only do what you must to make that fear your ally.  Calm yourself, gather your will, and eventually fear will become resolve - and when that happens, your resolve will strengthen your spirit."
Logged

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1540


Human, Sophronian


« Reply #125 on: October 04, 2008, 12:25:30 AM »

Terra's trembling eases against Ta'las, her head laying on his shoulder as she hopes Talia comes down on her own. She does not wish to be parted from him just yet, even for a short time or distance.

"I know Ta'las. I just feel as if a great injury has been healed, yet have not yet regained my full strength. But I feel as if somehow our feeling give me strength. I, love you Ta'las, and will stand at your side for as long as our feeling draw us to each others side."

The remainder of the tension in her body fades away as she keeps herself close to him.
Logged
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 610


Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si


« Reply #126 on: October 05, 2008, 12:17:26 PM »

"That will be a very long time, Lady Terra."  This is said not in jest, but seriously, for a Shendar's existence does not end at the time of her or his death, but also includes Journey-on.  And as far as Ta'las knows, that is eternal.  He smiles.  "I am glad you and I will be together through it, for I expect we will need all our strength during the trials ahead of us."     

He glances up and furrows his brow.  "But longer yet is how long it seems to be taking Talia to come down from her tree."  After a moment he looks back at Terra.  "You know, I think I may have led us to the wrong tree.  See what happens when you let a desert warrior guide you through a forest?" he asks with a smirk.
Logged

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1540


Human, Sophronian


« Reply #127 on: October 08, 2008, 09:01:03 AM »

Terra giggles lightly against his shoulder.

"I would be no better Ta'las, unless you needed to be guided across a featureless snow plain."

She stays tight to Ta'las, savoring the moments as they come, her blood telling her the moment to come will be spent in thanks for their lives. Everything will change once they leave the vail, there will be no more peace for there feelings to thrive in. Inwardly she hopes the fires of their quest will temper those feelings till they can find peace again, but such trials can change people and fears those changes in them will fracture what they now have.
Logged
Roosje Greenfields
White Messenger
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 131


Brownie, Llaoihrr


« Reply #128 on: October 13, 2008, 03:43:52 AM »

On silent feet, a fox padded into the hut occupied by two Big People. On it sat a small figure, though tall for Brownie standards. Roosje had been given the task of waking the visitors up, because their companions would soon be joining them. There was also some personal interest in the gaze that she directed towards the sleeping forms. She had been given to understand that she might be going with them, and she wanted to see for herself what these people were like. She had already looked at the two who had needed healing, as well as the warrior who had stayed here while the others had gone to the dwarves, together with Tulpje. Now her curiosity about the last companions was satisfied.

With a few simple commands, communicated through the reins, she let her fox put its paws on the edge of the low bed - the one that the Storyteller was lying in. Bringing its muzzle close to the old man's face, the animal yipped a few times. Then she jumped down and repeated the process near the woman's face. Roosje hoped that this would be enough to wake them. She wanted them to be up and ready when the other Big People came back to the hut.

She let Inuya jump down again, and sit down in the middle of the hut so that the woman would not wake up to a fox's snout pressed into her face. Sitting crosslegged on the animal, Roosje waited patiently for the two to wake up, so that she could communicate her news to them. She wondered what they would be like to talk to.
Logged

Tulpje Sweetshade
Grey Bomber (Brownie)
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 155


Brownie, Llaoihrr


« Reply #129 on: October 13, 2008, 04:36:58 AM »

Tulpje yawned and stretched as she woke up. When she realised what day it was, she suppressed a little shudder. An important day, yes. Terrifying, definitely. Today she would hear just what she would have to do to atone for her deeds a year - almost two - ago, when she had struck down one of her superiors. Even though she had not killed him, as she had first thought, there were still consequences to be faced for her actions. The fact that she had fled the vale was possibly worse than her actual crime...

But now was not yet the time to worry about that. For now, she had been given the task to get the Big People from the tree and lead them back to the hut where the others, the Storyteller and 'Teri, were. She dressed quickly and went out - she saw in passing just how high up the Council Tree that she was at the moment, but it didn't faze her. She was used to great heights, even though owls didn't usually fly too high.

After her piercing whistle, Nash soon came out and flew towards her. The small grey Brownie limped over to her owl and climbed up, wincing for a moment from the pain in her leg. She rubbed the knee for a moment when she was seated, then gave Nash the signal to leave. The brown owl floated on soft wings towards the tree where Tulpje knew the desert woman sat. She had planned to go to Terra's tree afterwards, but she saw that it was no longer necessary, since Terra was already standing on the ground, locked in a tight embrace with Ta'las, who had treated her so nicely before she had gone with the Storyteller to the dwarves. For one wild, incomprehensible moment she felt the tug of jealousy, then she laughed at herself from atop her owl. Jealous of a Big Person for embracing a Big Person! What would she do, with her 14 nailsbreadths - 15 if she stood up on her toes - compete with the woman? Still giggling silently from her own silliness, she let Nash land on a branch close by the Talia person.

With a wave she tried to get her attention. "Hello!" she yelled. "Time is being for to go down! You need go from other Big Persons to out Vale!" She cursed her small stature, which prevented her talking in a normal tone of voice - something the woman was not likely to hear, unless her ear was very close to the Brownie. So she had to yell from the top of her longs to get the woman to understand her. She just hoped that her screaming did the trick, because if it didn't she would feel just a tad bit foolish - just as much as from the jealousy she'd felt for a moment, though luckily that feeling had been private... Unlike the yelling.
Logged

The language of friendship is not words but meanings.

Tulpje Sweetshade
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 4944


Dragon


« Reply #130 on: October 13, 2008, 11:17:34 PM »

The sky was a clear azure blue as the sun beat upon his wings. He lowered his neck and below him was a land of white. But not a land on which one could land on, for the white were the tops of clouds that covered the mountains and land below. Up here the air was cold, but the sun kept it warm enough so that he would not freeze.  Here, he was in his element; the sky large enough to hold his enomourus frame and wing span, here he could dive, dip, spin, and even roar out billowing flames of fire that would stretch for ten peds or more without fear of reprisials. Here he was free...

Suddenly he felt movement and then a strange noise...He felt his wings give way; he began plummeting through the clouds. He flapped his wings as hard as he could but they were shrinking and could not hold up his weight. Falling, twisting, turning, he fell through the upper layer of clouds into the more dense, dark and menacing lower parts. He watched horrified as his wings turned into human arms and then he felt lighter he looked and saw that his powerful legs had changed into human legs, old and frail.

He came whistling through the lower half of the clouds into a maelstorm of snow and ice. He looked below him and could see nothing but white below him. He continued to fall...his heart beat faster, he perspired, he could now see tops of trees, one was taller and much larger around. The snow and ice gave way to warmer temperatures, and the leaves on the trees were of brightly colors of red, orange, and gold.

He still could not stop himself from falling, though as much as he tried, he continued to plummet toward the land with dizzying speed...there was a shape of a hut and he knew he was going to crash right through the roof...he screamed....

Capher suddenly rose out of his bed, his face wet with persperation, his eyes had a wild crazy look, hia blue one was aflame, and his golden one shone like brass in a fire.  He jerked his head around and there in the middle of the room sat one of the most unusual sights Capher had seen in quite awhile: A Birchbark Brownie sitting cross-legged on a small red fox.

Capher realized he had been dreaming and immediately took steps to calm his breathing and his heartbeat. He noticed that behind the fox sunlight was peeking through the open door. Capher now back to his normal self turned his attention first to Teri, to make sure she was ok, then back to the Brownie who seemed to be looking at him curiously, not afraid, but with a sense of waiting for something or someone.

The Brownie, whether it was a he or a she, was a bit hard to discern as the fox's fur covered most of the Brownies figure, was as white as snow, even whiter if that was possible, Its irisis were white as well but its eyes were like two small dark spots within them. It looked blind, but Capher knew that the Brownie could see. The Brownie wore a small red outfit made with a material only Capher could guess at. The outfit covered the Brownie from neck to feet; leaving its head and arms bare.  A grin came to his face as he thought how this Brownie would look like in the middle of the night riding on top of the fox through the forest...anyone, especially a human, would think they were seeing a disembodied ghost.

Capher swiveled on the bed and placed his stockinged feet upon the floor and rubbed his hands over his face and chin and felt the soft length of a full beard and mustache. He looked down and saw that the beard was as white as the tops of the clouds he had been flying above in his dream. He was startled, to say the least. The last time he ever grew hair upon his face was back... He forced his thoughts away from that thought and time.  He slowly put his boots on, keeping one eye upon the Brownie, as he stomped first one foot into a boot and then the other. The Brownie did not say a word: just sat there watching him.

Teri was stirring.

Finally Capher leaned toward the fox and Brownie.  "And who might you be?" He asked.
Logged
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 3892


Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras


« Reply #131 on: October 15, 2008, 05:53:48 PM »

"What?"

Talia nearly falls of her branch where she has daydreamed, her thoughts far away, her mind seeing strange, foreign landscapes, not the trees and the meadows of the beautiful vale.

"Is there anybody?"

She looks around and indeed, there is a little Brownie sitting next to her, who looks a bit peevishly as if she has tried something which has not been to her pleasure.

"Did you say something?"

Of course, she must had said - or yelled  - something, for otherwise she, Talia,  would still sit on her branch daydreaming.

"Oh, sorry, I did not hear you, I was far away with my thoughts". Not wanting to hint at the brownie's low voice she adds: " - I would probably not heard a wolf howl under my tree. I assume, you are here to fetch me? Well, then I have to finally get earthburned again. Do you know, where to I should go, to the hut maybe, where will I meet the others?"
Logged
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 610


Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si


« Reply #132 on: October 16, 2008, 11:22:02 AM »

Ta'las looks up as Tulpje, riding on Nash, flits through the trees above them.  To the Shendar, the pair appear as only a flash of grey on brown, and are barely discernable except for the fact that they land on a tree not too far away.  And from where he stands with Terra, he now sees Talia, sitting on one of the lower branches of her healing tree.

He nods in their direction and smiles at Terra.  "It seems I was wrong about where to find Talia.  But at least I wasn't too far off."
Logged

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1540


Human, Sophronian


« Reply #133 on: October 21, 2008, 03:02:40 AM »

Terra returns Ta'las' smile with a slight giggle.

"See, I would have done no better."

Her expreassion dims as she lays her head on his shoulder.

"How long do you think we will stay her? We will not have this peace when we leave. Part of me wants to stay here with you, the other part, the Sophronian part? Tells me I must go and protect others. I guess I just worry about what lays ahead for us."

She leave her head on his shoulder waiting for him to reply, or lead the way.
Logged
Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1002

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian


« Reply #134 on: October 24, 2008, 01:23:31 PM »

Aueniteri awakens very slowly, recognizing at first voices, then smells, and light. Finally, colors blur into view, and after staring blankly at those colors, they become the house, then more building, finally Capher forms out of the chaos, and he is looking at something - and then she realizes that it is more correctly someone. A brownie.

The nuances of the whos and whys of brownies evade her. Though she can tell there is a difference between this one and the other, Tulpje, that has been with them, she isn't immediately certain, and stares at the little person as though simply doing so will force an answer out of nothing.
Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 30, 2021, 06:05:42 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]
Members
Total Members: 2848
Latest: Carilinaa
Stats
Total Posts: 214567
Total Topics: 8051
Online Today: 25
Online Ever: 216
(November 30, 2006, 09:08:03 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 30
Total: 30

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines
TinyPortal v0.9.8 © Bloc
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Theme based on Cerberus with Risen adjustments by Bloc and Krelia
Modified By Artimidor for The Santharian Dream
gfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx