* 
Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?


*
gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize


Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator



Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Respite in the Vale  (Read 50610 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Tulpje Sweetshade
Grey Bomber (Brownie)
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 155


Brownie, Llaoihrr


« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2007, 09:07:27 PM »

Tulpje raised her hands helplessly. 'Not knowing. Company now, but thinking they telling I after heal. I hopes... hope then a...accom... goes with you. I back now, but miss out. Not more guilty, and out is... big, is much big. I wanting more see, not staying in Vale until old and grey. Uhm, until old. Am grey al... already." She said with a grin. "As well, I liking you, and liking 'Teri. Maybe others, but they no talk yet at I. You and 'Teri does talk, so I wanting going with you and see outside. Then you helping protect me, because I much small out. And I help you."

This statement was delivered with an easy confidence that belied her stature. Tulpje caught the look Ta'las shot at her, and imagined it being filled with disbelief. Not that she blamed him, if she were as big as he, she probably wouldn't believe it either. But he didn't have to believe, he could see.

"You not think is true. I show, yes?" Without waiting for a reply, she pursed her lips a little and let out a sharp whistle, which was the signal for Nash, who was never far away, to come to her. The man and the brownie waited a little, and soon enough the brown owl swooped over the nearby hut and landed on a low branch very close to the sitting Ta'las's shoulder. Tulpje climbed from the shoulder to the branch and then up to her owl. Her limp was not very obvious like this, but it could still be seen that she was more careful with her right leg than with her left. With a few low, almost inaudible orders, she let Nash take off, fly around the clearing a few times, and then land again on the same branch. She climbed the same route down again and was sitting on Ta'las' shoulder in a few moments. She could have said the rest from the back of her owl, but then she'd have to yell for him to hear her properly, and she didn't want to tire her voice.

"See? I flying before, see what there, come telling you. No sur... surprise. Or I fight. I having poison for weapon. Is blowpipe, with... with... What this?" she asks, as she opens a pouch at her belt and pulls out a dart. To Ta'las, it must seem tiny, but the form of it was clear enough. "I poison, prey then sleeping or dead, de..depen... because of different poisons. So see, how help I, yes?"
Logged

The language of friendship is not words but meanings.

Tulpje Sweetshade
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 610


Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si


« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2007, 12:20:06 PM »

Ta'las raises his eyebrows at Tulpje and nods.  "Yes, Tulpje.  I do believe you will be able to help.  You and the owl will make a perfect scouting team - no one my size will notice, and that dart of yours," he says motioning to the weapon in her hands, "could be effective with the right poison.  And though I cannot speak for the others, I would be happy to have you along with us."  His face turns serious.  "I must tell you, though, where we plan to go will be dangerous.  There are evil people out there who wish to stop us - you've already seen some of what one of those people has done."

"Unfortunately, I think it best if I not tell you anything of what we are doing.  At least not until we can speak with Capher and the others."  He furrows his eyebrows as he pauses to consider what to say next.  "You see, I am not the leader of our group, and my purpose here is only to help my friends."  He sighs a little when he thinks about his friends, and wishes Terra, in particular, was back with them.

Logged

Tulpje Sweetshade
Grey Bomber (Brownie)
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 155


Brownie, Llaoihrr


« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2007, 05:31:02 AM »

Tulpje shrugged her shoulders at Ta'las warning. "Out Vale every place danger for Brownie. I safer with you than only... than alone. But I small. Maybe bad person not seeing me..." Noticing Ta'las' sad sigh, she wants to give him a hug and tell him everything will be fine. Being too small, however, she settles for patting his cheek again with her small grey hand. "You sad?" she asks gently, wishing she could help him.
Logged

The language of friendship is not words but meanings.

Tulpje Sweetshade
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 610


Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si


« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2007, 11:27:39 AM »

"Not sad, so much as wishing someone could be here with us," he replies.  "Though I think it is best this way - at least for the moment."  The reason behind his evasiveness makes Ta'las blush a little when he considers it for a moment.  He gently pats Tulpje's little hand in return.  "You are considerate, Tulpje."

"However," he says as he slowly comes to his feet, "since there is nothing I can or should do about it, I won't let it interrupt our day.  We should find the others."  Ta'las starts off in the direction he last saw 'Teri and Morcaanan.
Logged

Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 706


Human, Korweynite


« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2007, 10:02:48 PM »

It's difficult to not stare at the hordes of Brownies as they wander past, but grabs the Korweynite's attention are the blood and wounds on the little folk - it seemed very clear that there had been some sort of fight.

His hand curled around the hilt of his sword and he rose slowly to his feet. "I think we ought to find the Wolf and Ta'las, and see what's going on." He helped 'Teri to her feet and turned towards the cabin, one hand on his sword and the other grasping hers, and he watched the Brownies warily as they walked.
Logged

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 4944


Dragon


« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2007, 12:44:26 AM »

Capher kept watch on Ken until he entered the cave entrance. He took in a deep breath and let it out slowly. He liked the little fella and was a bit saddened that he had decided to go on his own. There was a bit of envy as well, for Capher could not remember when he had never been in the service of his Master Talon or of his goddess, Seyella.  Capher wanted so much to be able to speak with his master, but each time he tried, something stopped him. Capher was concerned about using his magic to try and break through the barrier as he did not know what the consequences would be until he get his magic under control; turning into a demon or some other kind of beast would not be good manners, besides he did not know if he could change back if he did change.  The best course of action is to wait. Wait for Talia and Terra's healing to be over with and then onto Ximax.

Capher really had no love for Ximax. It was a place where the magic of the world was manipulated to men's needs; not only human but all races it seems were welcomed to learn. Capher believed that the magic of the world should be used by those who were born with it or entrusted with it such as the Elves, Brownies and of course, dragons.

Of those three only two races were prolific. His kind were very very rare. In fact as far as he knew he was the only shape-shifting dragon alive.

Capher stretched, raising his head. The sky was clear and bright azure blue. It was warm in the Vale, but he knew that fall was already coming and soon the weather would turn cold. The travel would be slower as they climbed the mountains. If he could have trusted himself, he would turn into himself and then carry everyone, including the animals over the mountains; it would only take a couple of trips, but since he could not and he did not know how well his travelling companions would take to seeing the real him, he knew that they had a long treacherous journey ahead of them.

He turned and headed back to the cabin. His mind whirrling; Where is the Heart. Should they go after the Anvil before going to Ximax, or after? His assumptions about Talia's sword as being the Sword of Fury was wrong and so now what to do? They needed the Sword of Fury. The Anvil would just be a waste of time without the Heart and the Sword to meld the two together. Would another of the other two fabled Swords do? Then the question remains, where are they?  He dearly wished he could communicate with Talon. He was lost; like a fish out of water...
Logged
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 610


Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si


« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2007, 09:27:38 AM »

The Shendar takes the little forest path toward the glade where he had last seen Morcaanan and 'Teri.  Ta'las feels uneasy in the Vale now, as he notices a few brownies up ahead of him through the trees.  Their normally cheerful mood is somber, and to make matters worse, Kenrill could be gone by now.  "I hope we have not brought too much discontent to your home," he says - a weak apology at best, it sounds to Ta'las when he hears himself speak it.

Then, up ahead he spots a couple of human-sized figures walking in their direction.  It is difficult to make them out through the foliage and dappled shadows, but Ta'las guesses that it is Morcaanan and 'Teri ahead of them.  "I think we have found Morcaanan and 'Teri, little one."
Logged

Tulpje Sweetshade
Grey Bomber (Brownie)
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 155


Brownie, Llaoihrr


« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2007, 05:14:30 PM »

When Tulpje hears Ta'las's apology, she shakes her head. Then she realises that he can't see that when he is looking ahead, so she says: "Not you. Bad person bringing discon... discontent? Make Brownies act dif... strange. This not normal from us. We peace... we peaceful. Calm. Not this..."

She knows that she sounds sad, but she can't help it. The display of her people, attacking one person with so many - a hobbit, moreover, who they are always taught are easier to trust than bigger races - has shocked her. How could they have done it? But she means what she said to the Shendar. It wasn't the group's fault, and she didn't hold a grudge against them. But then, it was her fellow brownies who would need to be convinced of this. And they could be stubborn, she knew, when once they had an idea in their heads. She didn't know how this business could end happily. But it had to, somehow.

She looks up when Ta'las draws her attention to the humans up ahead. As the both of them come closer, Tulpje waves at 'Teri enthusiastically, her sadness dispelled for the moment by the sight of her friend. The wave also includes Morcaanan, though to a lesser degree, for the simple reason that she hasn't yet been able to decide whether or not she likes him: they haven't talked yet.

She suddenly realises that 'Teri and Morc probably didn't hear about what had happened yet. At any rate, she hadn't seen them when it had been happening. However, she decides to let Ta'las do the telling, as his Tharian is much better than hers.
Logged

The language of friendship is not words but meanings.

Tulpje Sweetshade
Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 706


Human, Korweynite


« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2007, 09:52:27 PM »

Morcaanan approached Ta'las and raised his sword in greeting, his other hand still firmly clasping 'Teri's. He began to fire off questions without preamble.

"Shendar, what has happened? There are wounded Brownies moving to the entrance of the Vale." He pointed back in the direction they had just come with his sword. "Has there been a battle? Are we safe here? And where are the Wolf and the others?"
As he spoke, his arm instinctively curled around 'Teri and drew her close, protectively. He had missed the Brownie sitting up on Ta'las' shoulder, his eyes traveling over the branches of the trees and and smaller shadows as if looking for potential attackers.
Logged

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 4944


Dragon


« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2007, 12:58:31 AM »

As Capher cleared the rise he noticed Tal'as, Teri and Morcaanan in the distance. He picked up his pace to reach them. He was behind Morcaanan and Teri and just barely caught the end of Morcaanan's speaking.  He noticed that Ta'las saw him coming and gave a small wave at him as he approached.
Logged
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 610


Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si


« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2007, 12:12:39 PM »

"Your last question is easiest to answer," he starts and waves at Capher who is behind Morcaanan and 'Teri.  "Capher is just there, behind you.  Unfortunately, I cannot speak for Kenrill, but I believe he may be gone.  I think Capher can answer that better than I."

"Kenrill was involved in an altercation with a number of brownies.  Those ones you saw coming from the gorge attacked our friend, thinking that he was a demon of some sort."  Ta'las grimaces as he recalls his conversation with the brownie who had been at the forefront of the attack, and the brownies' reason for thinking what they did.  "They were told by an elf who matched Garrek's description, that the halfling was evil and not to be untrusted, and when they caught him alone, they attacked all at once."

He looks to Capher and nods.  "Capher and I were able to prevent the fight from going too far, but as you've seen there has been some bloodshed.  For now, the brownies seem content that Kenrill is gone from the Vale."  He looks at Tulpje who is seated on his shoulder.  "I do not think the brownies present a danger to us, however, Garrek is still a threat."

"Capher, my friend, is there anything I've missed?"
Logged

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 4944


Dragon


« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2007, 01:24:07 AM »

"No my friend," he answered Ta'las. " Except that Ken has definately left the Vale. I bid him good-bye and watched him as he entered the cave. I tried to persuade him to stay, but to no avail. I am saddened that he chose to leave. Pardon me for saying this Lady Teri, but your brother has a lot to answer for, besides stealing the Heart, which he has no idea what he has, he has caused strife among our allies and friends."

Capher's voice was soft and neutral, but there was no doubt about the veiled threat and promise that was behind it.

Capher noticed Tulpje on Ta'las's shoulder. "Ta'las, whom may I ask rides upon your shoulder?" He asked a bit amused at seeing the little brownie sitting quite comfortably upon Ta'las's shoulder.
Logged
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 610


Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si


« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2007, 10:55:22 AM »

Ta'las winks at Tulpje and then back at Capher.  "This is Tulpje - she has been with us only a short time, but she was of great help earlier when the brownies were mislead about Kenrill.  She was with us in the clearing, but I think that with all that you had to do to keep Kenrill from harm, it was difficult to notice her."

The Shendar looks at 'Teri.  "Tulpje and 'Teri have already met, when 'Teri had her fall yesterday, and Tulpje helped her then."

"It has been most fortunate we have met, my friend," he says to Tulpje.  Then he looks back to Capher and asks, "what would you counsel we do about Kenrill, my friend?"  His face clouds over with regret for the circumstances over which the halfling left the Vale.
Logged

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 4944


Dragon


« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2007, 12:21:52 AM »

Capher smiled at Tulpje. Ta'las seemed to have gained a friend. He spoke to her in brownin..."Welcome Tulpje. Thank you for willing to help us big folk."  He spoke in Tharian to his friends who were looking at him curiously. "I just welcomed her in her own tongue. As far as Ken is concerned I was thinking about going after him and asking him one more time to stay with us. I think that if perhaps Teri and Morcaanan come along we three just might convince him.  I would ask you to come along Ta'las, but I think you will be needed somehow for Terra's healing process to continue, besides you have Tulpje to keep you company. What do you say Teri and Morcaanan?" Capher asked.
Logged
Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 706


Human, Korweynite


« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2007, 11:29:55 PM »

Jeharaid scratched his beard absently. "I don't see that it makes any difference if I come with you" he admitted. "I don't know the halfling well enough to have much of an influence."
He glanced at 'Teri. "But I'll come along, in case something comes up."

With that thought, he looked to Ta'las. "You say Garrek could be responsible for the fight between the halfling and the Brownies. Is there any chance he is still nearby?"
Logged

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]
Members
Total Members: 2849
Latest: abigailjordan
Stats
Total Posts: 214569
Total Topics: 8052
Online Today: 24
Online Ever: 216
(November 30, 2006, 09:08:03 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 25
Total: 25

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines
TinyPortal v0.9.8 © Bloc
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Theme based on Cerberus with Risen adjustments by Bloc and Krelia
Modified By Artimidor for The Santharian Dream
gfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx