* 
Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?


*
gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize


Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator



Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Respite in the Vale  (Read 51299 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 4944


Dragon


« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2007, 10:00:54 PM »

Capher closed his eyes a blink and then answered Morcaana's question. "No, he is not around, at least not close enough to cause us harm. I would know if he was. He carried the Heart and it and I have a special relationship. It knows when I am close and I know when it is close."

He smiled at him and Teri. "I am sure that when Seyella puts him in our hands, you will have your revenge. In the meantime we should prepare for the journey. Ken has been on his way and in the caverns you can get lost, though I doubt that Ken would. He would just call it an adventure and not even know he was lost." Capher chuckled, thinking about the little fellow and his last words to him.

Logged
Tulpje Sweetshade
Grey Bomber (Brownie)
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 155


Brownie, Llaoihrr


« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2007, 10:50:07 PM »

From her place on Ta'las's shoulder, Tulpje smiles brightly at Capher. "Thank you, friend of the brownies." She answers him, also in the brownie tongue. Of course she knows who he is, or at least who he is to the brownies. She had never thought she'd come face to face with this legend, but now that she did, she didn't really feal afraid of him. He seemed a nice man.  When he continues to speak to his friends, she understands that the halfling has gone to the caves, and that three of the group will follow him and persuade him to return.

She waves to Capher to draw his attention. In her broken Tharian, so that the others can follow, she says: "I thinking going with you. Knowing underground places, yes? I... help, lead way. If ok from Ta'las, he not mind alone?" she asks, turning to her new-found friend. She doesn't really want to leave him, but she knows how easily one gets lost there, and how long they could walk there without ever finding the exit.
Logged

The language of friendship is not words but meanings.

Tulpje Sweetshade
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 610


Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si


« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2007, 09:21:44 AM »

Ta'las smiles at Tulpje and nods, though a little reluctantly.  "I will miss you, Tulpje, but it will not be too long, I think.  You must take care of yourself.  Besides, there is someone here I would like to speak with." 

"I think it would be helpful to have Tulpje along as a guide," he says to the others.  "It is difficult to know which way to take when underground, unless you are used to such travel."

"Here little Tulpje," he says and holds out a hand to gently lift her off his shoulder.  He smiles at her.  "Now, do you promise to take good care of Capher, and not play too many tricks?"  He sets Tulpje down on Capher's shoulder and winks.  "He is a good friend of mine, and though he looks old, he is stronger than he appears."
Logged

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 4944


Dragon


« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2007, 08:31:41 PM »

 "I think that is a good idea and thank you Tulpje for offering," Capher said to Tulpje.

Then Ta'las spoke and placed Tulpje on his shoulder. Capher laughed. "No, not too many Ta'las. I promise," Capher answered as he eyed her from his side. He turned to Morcaanan and Teri.

"Well, should we gather our supplies and go find Ken before he gets too far away from us?" Capher asked.
Logged
Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 706


Human, Korweynite


« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2007, 10:38:32 PM »

Morcaanan nodded. "Aye, that would be best." He was still not fully dressed from his morning's practice. "Let's meet at the cabin when we're ready."

With those words he turned and made his way to the little dwelling; once inside, he put on his eben and leather guards, eschewing his metal armour - it would be heavy, and he doubted they would do any fighting, for the halfling could only be a short time away. He then slipped on his boots, buckled his on sword and stepped outside to wait for the others.
Logged

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 4944


Dragon


« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2007, 12:28:15 AM »

Capher nodded at Morcaanan's suggestion and went and gathered some food and filled waterskns for them all and was ready when Morcaanan stepped out of the hut. His armour was gone, and he was dressed more like a ranger. Capher approved, "Now all we have to do is wait for Teri and we can be off. I gathered food and water for us all," he said to Morcaanan cordially.
Logged
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 610


Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si


« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2007, 07:22:08 AM »

Ta'las follows the others back to the hut and waits quietly outside.  He feels torn - he will miss them all, though he knows he must stay for Terra and Talia's sake.  At least, that is what the Shendar has convinced himself of.

Logged

Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 706


Human, Korweynite


« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2007, 08:06:13 AM »

Taking one of the water skins from Capher, he slung it over his shoulder and arched his back, producing a satisfying pop. Then he relieved Capher of one of the parcels of food and nodded. "Looks as if we're ready."

(OOC: Should we puppet 'Teri?)
Logged

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 4944


Dragon


« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2007, 12:50:10 AM »

Capher nodded, "All except Teri," he said.
Logged
Tulpje Sweetshade
Grey Bomber (Brownie)
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 155


Brownie, Llaoihrr


« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2007, 09:35:56 PM »

Tulpje settled herself on the dragon's shoulder. Well, this was an honour that none of her friends had had! She couldn't help feeling less and less that this whole helping the big folk issue was an actual punishment. They were all very nice to her. She noticed that her high seat felt a little different from when she was sitting on Ta'las's shoulder. But then, she guessed it was normal for different shoulders to feel different sitting on.

As Capher and Morcaanan made ready, she considered which way the hobbit was most likely to have gone. She found herself at a blank. She would be more use leading them out than leading them in. She knew too many tunnels which he could have taken. They might even have to split up, even though she'd think that a last resort. Getting seperated was not a good idea in the caves. She hoped that one of the others had a better idea. Maybe she should signal Nash to go with them, so that in need she could always serve as messenger between the three humans.

She looked around. "Going we now?" she asked.
Logged

The language of friendship is not words but meanings.

Tulpje Sweetshade
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 4944


Dragon


« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2007, 11:13:50 PM »

Capher barely heard Tulpje's voice, but answered her softly. "Yes Tulpje, we are leaving now." He nodded at Morcaanan, "Follow me," he said, "And Ta'las, take care of the women, hopefully we will be back before they are done with their healing process."

Capher took the lead and soon they were in front of the entrance to the caves. He took a torch, lit it and then walked in.
Logged
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 610


Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si


« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2007, 10:53:01 AM »

Ta'las waves to Tulpje and Capher as they enter the cave.  "Remember Tulpje, not too many tricks on Capher.  He is far too trusting," he adds with a smile.  Then he nods to Morcaanan and 'Teri.  "May Seyella bless your path, my friends.  I hope you find Kenrill soon."  He waits for the pair to make their way into the caves, and once they are out of sight, returns back to the cabin.

Logged

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 4944


Dragon


« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2007, 08:02:27 PM »

Capher's first thoughts upon entering the gorge entrance was again how wet and slippery the uneven stone floor was. In the distance he could hear the thundering of the water fall. He swept around some of the low hanging staglimites and walked farther into the cave.  The roar of the waterfall became louder and louder the farther they went in and then suddenly Capher stopped up short; he could go no farther.

He rubbed his hand over his balding head, feeling the wetness left there by the dewy cave. The bridge was gone, it was destroyed. Capher looked over his shoulder at Morcaanan. "The bridge has been destroyed. How, I am not sure. Probably Garrek, but how he did it is beyond me. (Capher had no idea it was him, for he had no recollection of what had transpired after he had turned into a demon)

Capher turned and looked at the destroyed bridge. It did not make sense. If they could not cross, then where was Ken? He would have had to turn back and they would have seen him. "Morcaanan," Capher said, "We are either going to have to turn back or find another way across the gorge. What I cannot figure out, is where is Ken? If he did not come this way, then is there another way to cross?"  He asked, looking around.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 01:12:12 AM by Capher » Logged
Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 706


Human, Korweynite


« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2007, 12:05:38 AM »

"It would make this excursion rather pointless then" muttered the Korweynite when the Wolf mentioned "turning back". He did not enjoy how small this was becoming any more than the others did.

"Is there no other way? At this rate even the halfling would have trouble getting on - which means if he turned back we should have already met up with him."
Logged

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 4944


Dragon


« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2007, 03:08:03 AM »

Morcaanan, muttered Capher's thoughts and questions almost at the same time he did.  Capher spied a small ledge that led to the other side. The ledge was quite narrow and in some places it was perhaps only a foot wide, but it was a way around and for Ken, would be the perfect way to go.

"Morcaanan, see that ledge," Capher asked pointing to his left, "I believe that is the way Ken went. Do you think we can traverse it?" He asked.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]
Members
Total Members: 2849
Latest: abigailjordan
Stats
Total Posts: 214569
Total Topics: 8052
Online Today: 35
Online Ever: 216
(November 30, 2006, 09:08:03 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 45
Total: 45

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines
TinyPortal v0.9.8 © Bloc
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Theme based on Cerberus with Risen adjustments by Bloc and Krelia
Modified By Artimidor for The Santharian Dream
gfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx