Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nyermersys - {SC} Milari's Headquarters  (Read 7578 times)
Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character

Elf, Ak’váth’rhím / Injerín

« on: May 18, 2007, 05:19:29 AM »

Directly under Nightwind Plaza is a very old underground tunnel. Until a few years ago, it was totally abandoned, small mounds of dirt scattered throughout the tunnel, and cobwebs everywhere, because all the known entrances were - and still are - blocked by an avalanche of stones and dirt. Then the leader of an all-girl gang called the Milari accidentally stumbled upon a secret entrance into the tunnel, and decided to turn the abandoned tunnel into the Headquarters for the gang. The tunnel was cleared up, and transformed into a suitable place for members of the Milari to meet.

There are two strong, fierce and tough-looking female guards at the one and only unblocked entrance. If anyone were to stumble across the entrance, the guards will point the tips of their spears towards the intruder, and gruffly ask for the password to get through the entrance. If the intruder is unable to give the correct password, they are killed on the spot.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 05:20:59 AM by Alassiel Telrúnya » Logged

Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 03:58:29 PM »

OOC: This post is meant for Kali.

A group of young women approach the entrance to the Milari's Headquarters. The two guards straighten and point their weapons towards the group. They relax slightly when they see who is leading the group, but still keep their weapons up. "Password, Rana?" one of them asks. "Shadowfang." Rana replies. The guards lower their weapons. "Welcome to the Milari's Headquarters, Rana." the other guard says, thumping Rana on the back. Rana smiles at them weakly with watering eyes, and makes her way through the entrance.

The group follows a small tunnel which leads into a main one. They eventually arrive at the spot where all the tunnels meet. In there you find about 40 young women lazing about or looking through what you presume they’ve stolen. All their heads turn as the group approach the spot. Most of them nod in greeting, and some of them come over to stare curiously at you.

One woman strolls up to you and mockingly pats you on the head. “Who’s the weakling?” she asks, and receives a cuff from Rana. “Watch your mouth, Betty!” she snaps. Laughter echoes through the tunnels as the other women laugh at the insulter, who goes red, ashamed of having the ‘weakling’ know her real first name. “It’s Mystran, Rana, as you very well know.” She says through gritted teeth. “I will call you Mystran when you deserve to be called Mystran. This is not one of those moments.” Rana tells her in a firm voice. Mystran looks as though she might argue, but then humbly nods her head in acceptance of Rana’s reproach and retreats. You notice Mystran did not apologize, and Rana did not demand one.

Rana turns to a woman standing next to you. “Bat, I’m putting…er….her in your charge.” She says, indicating you. “Show her round. You’ll be responsible for anything which happens to her.” She turns to you. “It’s not that you’re incapable of finding your way round,” she says reassuringly. “I’m sure you’ll be able to find your way around before long. It’s just that it’ll be quicker, and you need someone to show you how the Milari system works.”

With that, she turns and disappears down a tunnel. Bat turns to you. “My full new name is Darksinger. But people call me Bat,” she introduces herself. “What would you like to do?” she asks you. “And while we’re at it, what’s your name?”

Kali Rae
Raven Songbird
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii of the Korenjaan Order

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 02:12:13 AM »

Kali follows Rana and her entourage through the twisting streets of Nyermersys and then continue underground until they reach a guarded entrance.  The two female guards exchange formalities with Rana who gives them the password before continuing into the headquarters.  Kali tries to remember the way in which they arrived at this destination but suspects that she'd be hard pressed to find it again by herself if she were to venture into the city alone.  Finally they arrive at a large chamber formed by the joining of many tunnels where many women are lounging or sifting through collections of stolen goods.  Kali frowns in distastes and thinks, I don't know if this was such a good idea, associating myself with a band of thieves.  Sure, I've stolen in the past but I'm not a thief.  The apprehension passes as she notices that their group is getting a lot of attention from the people in the room.  Kali shrinks back into the hood of her cloak.

As she is crossing the room Kali feels a pat on her head followed by a mocking question, "Who's the weakling?"  Kali's pale features flush bright red out of embarrassment and anger but Rana reprimands the flouter and the room erupts with laughter.  Kali looks up as 'Betty' whose turn it is to blush and smirks at her discomfort.  Betty and Rana argue over her proper name, but Rana diffuses the situation and Mystran retreats without a word.  Rana then turns to a woman standing by Kali's side, a woman going by the name Bat, and charges her with Kali's instruction and well-being.  At the mention of "Bat" Kali immediately thinks of the letter tucked into her pocket and its black wax seal.  I wish I could read that over again, she thinks but acknowledges that there are other, more pressing things to do at the moment.

The woman in charge of Kali introduces herself as Darksinger, or more commonly Bat, and asks Kali what she would like to do, and for her name.  Kali thinks for a moment, wondering how the Milari choose names for their members, then says while avoiding eye contact with Bat, "It's Kali."  Kali looks around and, seeing most of the people engages in other activities, pushes back the hood of her cloak and shakes out her hair with a quiet grunt of relief.  She rubs her eyes and forehead with her open hands as she thinks about what would be best way to spend her first hours in the city.

She looks at Bat and says with confidence, "As far as what I'd like to do, if I'm going to be any help to anyone I'll need to know the city better then I do now.  If it's not too much trouble I'd like to see a map, or if you're able, the city itself."  Curiosity about the exchange with Mystran had piqued her curiosity and she asks, "What happened with Mystran back there?"

-- It is the extraordinary people that we tell stories about; still, everyone has a story if you look hard enough --

Kali Rae
Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 05:03:13 PM »

"Hmm? Oh, her," Bat replies, scorn creeping into her voice. "Don't pay her any attention, she's never got over the fact that Rana didn't choose her as her successor. She's never fulfilled the requirements anyway. Rana did right in choosing Manticora as next-in-line leader." here she indicates a handsome red-haired woman lounging on a chair, doing some arm exercises at the same time. She looks up and smiles at you, giving you a silent welcome to the gang.

Then Bat continues, "And you want a map? No problem...hey, Xazure!" she yells loudly. A dishevelled, eccentric-looking young woman appears seemingly out of nowhere. She is covered in dust from head to toe. "Hello, hon, what map do you want?" she says in a pleasant voice, which is muffled because she is holding a piece of cloth over her face. "Sorry I'm so -Atishoo! - filthy, it's just I'm searching for a map I - Atishoo! - made only a few days ago, and I've - Atishoo - lost it!" she gasps out. Bat takes a few steps away from the dust-covered woman. "Kali here," she says, pointing at you, "would like a map of Nyermersys; or at least of the Southern half."

Xazure peers at you, as if only just realizing you were there. "Oh, you've got a new member, have you?" she beams. "Welcome to the Milari, hon, I'm sure you'll get used to our weird and wonderful lifestyle eventually." she giggles, then remembers why Bat called her. "Oh yes...map of City of Death...be right back!" she hurries off down a tunnel, and appears a few minutes later with a dusty map in her hand. "Here you are, hon, have -Atishoo! - a nice day!" she thrusts the map at you and disappears down the tunnel again. "So where would you like to go first, Kali?" Bat inquires.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 05:04:47 PM by Alassiel Telrúnya » Logged

Kali Rae
Raven Songbird
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii of the Korenjaan Order

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 02:34:55 AM »

With the room more or less back to normal, Kali relaxes a little and listens to Bat's response to her question.  At the mention of Manticora, she looks in the indicated direction and meets eyes with the red haired woman, forcing a smile back at her.  Concerning the map, Bat yells to get the attention of a dusty woman, the sudden noise making Kali jump and setting her on edge.  She calms herself and the Xazure comes over and inquires what it is they need, adding an apology for her current state in the midst of a volley of sneezes.  At Bat's response, Xazure seems to see Kali for the first time and beams at her, seeming to forget the map at once.  Presently, she remembers the map and scuttles off, leaving the other two for a few minutes.

With most of the excitement behind her, Kali realizes that she's still carrying her backpack under her cloak and shrugs it off with an audible sigh of relief.  The pack and bundled fabric drops to the floor with a clatter and Kali stretches out her back to try and free some of the knots that had developed while she was on the road.  The map-maker returns handing her the requested piece and promptly disappears back down the tunnel from whence she came.  Kali opens the map as Bat asks, "So where would you like to go first, Kali?"

Slipping into her 'business' frame of mind, Kali glances over the map before asking, "Where are we now?"  Once a frame of reference is established she goes back to the map, studying it with furious intensity, trying to memorize what she can in the small amount of time she spends with it.  She takes several moments to decide how best to go about her business while still learning about the city and structure of the Milari.  Mindful of her backpack on the floor she asks, "Is there someplace I can leave my belongings?"  After a few moments she adds, "Thank you for your help, it makes this much easier."  Kali considers telling Bat about the note, but decides against it thinking, I've only just met these people, it's best to keep secrets for the time being, still I'd like to get started as soon as possible.  With this in mind, Kali states, "Once we get into the city I'd like to speak with someone who makes it their business to know what's going on in the city."

-- It is the extraordinary people that we tell stories about; still, everyone has a story if you look hard enough --

Kali Rae
Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 02:03:42 AM »

Bat's face lights up as you are talking. When you finish, she replies, "Sure. The Milari happens to know the greatest gossiper in the City of Death. It was about time we paid her a visit anyway. Rana feels we're not as up-to-date as we should be nowadays. Hold on a sec, I just need to ask Rana for permission to visit Gigi...that initially stood for Great Gossiper, then it stuck and turned into the name Gigi." She explains hurriedly before rushing off to consult Rana.

Before long, Bat comes back. "We've got the go ahead, let's go before anyone hears and wants to come along. Gigi is well-liked by all of us, you see," she says as she half-drags you out of the entrance.

As you walk along, Bat looks over your shoulder at the map you are holding. "Gigi's shop is located in Nightwind Plaza, which is over.....here," she points to a spot on the map marked "Nightwind Plaza". Then she continues in a lower voice, "The Milari's Headquarters is located here." she points to another spot to the south of Nightwind Plaza, marked "MHQ". With that, Bat falls silence and walks beside you until you reach your destination.

OOC: Continued in Nightwind Plaza.

Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 11:30:55 PM »

(OOC: This is a post for Avaiya, as a continuation from Nightwind Plaza)

Everybody falls silent as you give your conditions. As you mention you're a dark elf, some people gasp because they hadn't realized, but Rana doesn't blink an eye. When you're finished, Rana nods, and opens her mouth; but before she can say anything, the arrogant-looking woman with reddish-brown hair who'd looked at you in an unfriendly way roughly pushes her way through the women around you, and swaggers up to you, and her face stops nailsbreadths away from yours. She then tries to stare you down, despite the fact that she's shorter than you, and if the fierce expression on her face wasn't so obvious, she would look completely harmless, up to the point of being comical.

While she's facing you, she starts talking to Rana in a mocking, jeering tone. "Yeah, Rana, how do you know she has a weapon? She looks pretty weak to me. I bet she'd drop even a small dagger, cuz it's way too heavy for her! I've heard about what dark elves do... they're completely evil. And look at those disgusting eyes! Just a measly, small, black dot. I bet she's almost blind! I don't know why this fool Stazia chose her... she's weak, ugly and she'll never be welcomed into the Milari by me! I'll let her join over my..."

"That's enough, Betty!" Rana thunders. The look in her eyes is murderous, and her eyes are clouded with rage. No one dares to laugh this time at Rana's use of the woman's birth name. "Stop being so rude to the newcomers! You will spend the rest of the day cleaning out Xazure's map tunnel, which includes the maps. And while you're cleaning, you will study every single map you pick up, and tomorrow I will test you on a city of my choosing. If you get less than half the questions correct, you'll spring-clean the entire Headquarters. Am I clear?" Everybody in the tunnel is silent; they have never seen Rana this angry before.

Betty's expression is a mixture of disbelief, anger and fear. She opens her mouth to protest, then, looking once more at Rana's furious expression, decides against it. "Very well, Rana." she says sulkily. She begins to walk towards the tunnel where the maps are supposedly kept, when Rana stops her. "Wait." she says, "there's one more thing you have to do. Apologize to the newcomer." at this, an audible gasp runs through the whole tunnel, and everybody starts to whisper and mutter among themselves. There seems to you no reason as to why a mere apology would cause such a reaction. Betty's jaw drops, and she looks horrified. "You of all people..." she gasped. But Rana held up a hand for silence, and a hush fell over the whole crowd of women. "Apologize." Rana said, quietly, her face an expressionless mask.

Betty turns towards you. "I'm sorry." she says dazedly, before slowly turning around and walking back towards the map tunnel without a sound. Then Rana says, a little too brightly, "Okay, everyone, fun's over, now back to work!" For a moment, nobody moves or speaks. Then all at once, there is a sudden flurry of movement as everyone tries to continue what they were doing before, and pretend that nothing had happened.

Rana walks towards Stazia, who is still paralysed in shock, and says, "Stazia, you can take care of our latest Milari." She turns to you, her expression full of apology. "I'm really sorry about Mystran... her real name is Betty, and I call her that when she's not being nice. She's a very loyal person, and a really good fighter, but sometimes she can be a little... rude." Rana winces before continuing, "Stazia is the wife of an innkeeper, and I'm sure he can be persuaded to give you a room for free for a week or two. If you have any problems, feel free to ask me. Now if you will excuse me, I need to do some work." Rana gives you a tired but friendly smile, and walks away.

"Poor Rana," sighs Stazia. "She really is under a lot of pressure to recruit new members. I'm glad I'm not the leader of the Milari. Too much responsibility for me to handle. So... is there anywhere you want to go? Would you like to go to my hubby's inn first, or get something to eat, or have you got unfinished business, or something? I'm flexible, and I'm free. Would you like a map of Nyermersys?" Stazia waits expectantly for your answer, and she seems eager to please you.

Aváíyá Enayái
Adventurous Artist
Approved Character

Elf, Diorye’oleal / Cyhallrhim

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 02:51:04 PM »

Aváíyá suppressed her burst of laughter that almost came to quickly as the woman came pushing threw the crowd to stand extremely close to Aváí, enough to be in her comfort zone yet not enough to make her move back. Again she had to stop herself from hitting the arrogant woman who was now staring at her; she was shorter so when Aváíyá looked down the woman could clearly see into her hood. Aváí bent down further so no one could see what she was about to do, she mouth the words ‘I want to kill you’ with a bright smile on her face, so close to the other woman that she could feel the her breath on her face. Then Aváíyá shifted her hood, shaking it in the process, yet continued to watch the woman wit that same smile.

"Yeah, Rana, how do you know she has a weapon? She looks pretty weak to me. I bet she'd drop even a small dagger, cuz it's way too heavy for her! I've heard about what dark elves do... they're completely evil. And look at those disgusting eyes! Just a measly, small, black dot. I bet she's almost blind! I don't know why this fool Stazia chose her... she's weak, ugly and she'll never be welcomed into the Milari by me! I'll let her join over my..."
Her anger was boiling, how she dare call her weak! Of all the people, and that’s when her hand went to her back where she felt for a soft leather patch and took out three of her sheathed daggers and quickly brought them out, twirling them in her fingers was if it were a game. That would shut anyone up if they had a thought she was ever so harmless, and yet she had even aid it herself, dark elves were ‘completely evil’ so why was this woman testing her chances on survival? Aváíyá guessed it was a human thing to do, they never knew their limits or when they had crossed them and by commenting on her eyes, this human was close to her death. Aváíyá stepped closer, making sure one of her riding boots landed squarely unto the woman’s own leather ones and making sure their bodies were pressed rather closer then was allowed.

“Speak of my mother’s heritage one more time and I’ll cut out your eyes before anyone in this be damned place even notices, and we will see who is blind then!”
With that Aváíyá stepped back from the woman.

"That's enough, Betty!"
Aváíyá swiftly turned her head towards Rana and now listening to the punishment that was to be given out towards the woman and then her mouth dropped when the woman who had tried to terrorise her with no success had to apologize towards Aváí. Had Rana known something would have happened to the woman if nothing had been done, Aváíyá would have taken it into her own hands, no human was about to speak to her the way she just had and the punishment Aváíyá had had in mind was much worst. The woman turned around and Aváí turned her attention once more to Rana who was trying to apologize in a discreet way. Aváíyá brows reach up high yet she doesn’t speak, yet. Once she is alone with the Stazia woman she turns to her slowly at the propositions made to her.

“I’ll need only an inn until I can get a grab at my own home that I’ve requested. A map would rather be an interesting piece that I would need and yes I do have unfinished business that needs tending too…”
Pausing wondering if she should tell the woman, she thought about how much talking and attention she had been given. She had been in the moment and had thought noting of it, and the woman’s words had aroused a killing instinct in her, she wanted a kill.

“I’ve got to meet a man at some tavern; I need money so I’ll be assassinating someone, if you’d like to tag along. You can until I know the name of the person I must kill and go off unto my hunt. Other than that you can do whatever you wish.”
The woman would probably want to sniff around on Aváíyás affaires; it didn’t bother her to much. She was actually trying to scare the woman on staying away from her as she usually did with anyone she ever met.

Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 04:38:21 AM »

Stazia's eyes widened and she stiffened slightly at Aváíyá's casual remark about an assassination. Stazia was a very nosy person who loved to peek into others' affairs, but she was on no accounts ready to poke her nose into this scary dark elf's business. She was already starting to regret her choice to bring Aváíyá into the Milari. Judging from what she'd seen of how the elf handled her weapons, this one was very dangerous, and not to be taken lightly. She gulped hard.

"Hold on a moment, I'll be right back." Stazia meant to sound business-like, but her voice came out in a high-pitched squeak instead. She bolted towards Rana, and started talking very fast. They were far enough for Aváíyá not to hear the entire conversation, but every now and then Stazia's panic made some words come out louder than the rest. "Rana.... please.... dangerous.... what?........ no!!!...... assassin.... send Lingret..... thank you!"

As the heated conversation ended, Rana strode down a tunnel, while Stazia came trotting back towards Aváíyá, trying and failing to hide the look of intense relief on her face. "I'm sorry, Rana has given me some work to do, so I am currently unavailable to take you around. However, I know someone who would be willing to go with you." She looked around, obviously waiting for someone to show up. A few moments later, Rana emerged from the tunnel, bringing a wiry, skinny, slightly filthy teenage girl with her.

This teenager, who was supposedly the “Lingret” Stazia was talking about, was in her early teens, and though she looked thick-skinned and nimble, she was fairly small in size. Messy brown hair framed a long, swarthy face with round green eyes and a daredevil grin. The girl’s facial expression, combined with her body language, would give a stranger the impression that she was a cocky girl who would be up for anything which would give her a bit of fun and excitement. She looked Aváíyá up and down, then gave a little nod of what seemed like approval. “Yeah, I’ll go with her.” She told Rana.

Stazia turns back to you with a smile. “This is Lingret, and she’ll be going along with you. She knows the way to my inn, and she’ll get a temporary room for you on your behalf. Lingret, this is… er… I’m sure you’ll have time to chat with one another on your way there. Have a great time, see you later!” she babbled, attempting to usher Aváíyá and Lingret towards the exit tunnel. Rana stopped her. “I’m sorry, but the map of Nyermersys has been borrowed by our second latest member, and we only have one. In fact, they should be done by now. They were going to Nightwind Plaza, which is not far off from here, and they should be coming back now, so you can go and get it if you like, after you’ve gone to the inn. Lingret will guide you for the moment.”

With that, both women walked away, Rana to continue what she was doing, and Stazia just to get away from Aváíyá. Lingret looks at you. “You wanna go to the inn now?” she asks. “Man, you are cool, you look fascinating! And an assassination? Wow. You sure I can’t come with you to watch? I’ll be quiet…”

Aváíyá Enayái
Adventurous Artist
Approved Character

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 12:32:12 AM »

Aváíyá watched in satisfaction Stazia reaction to what she had told her, and what a reaction she had gotten out of the woman! She had gotten plenty of reaction but Stazia certainly hit her top 10 on her list, these women had no clue on the outside world it seemed. Although Aváíyá did wonder why she was lying about Rana giving her work when it was plain out obvious the woman had done nothing and Aváíyá just wanted to get away from her, so in fact it had been a good thing to tell her she was about to go for an assassination so she would be left alone without having to babysit anyone and answer Richards questions.

Her mouth dropped as they brought out a young girl that looked as brittle as a twig, and as if it wasn’t enough that she now did have a tagalong, the girl seemed to ‘approve’ of Aváíyá. Aváíyá was not about to bring along a girl with her that was just as dirty was a pig, when everyone left Aváí finally spoke to the girl that seemed interested in her so much.

“Man, you are cool, you look fascinating! And an assassination? Wow. You sure I can’t come with you to watch? I’ll be quiet…”
Aváíyá slapped her head dumbfounded at the girls words, the situation had twisted from being on Aváíyás side to the points on Ranas. A soft sigh escaped her lips this was taking a toll on her mood.

“Yes take me to the Inn; I am not taking you this dirty to meet my acquaintance. Since I told Stazia she could come and since you are her replacement then I guess you can run along with me. The rules will be stated after you are bathed and dressed correctly, if you don’t want to be cleaned and look proper then say it now because you aren’t coming with me after you lead me towards the Inn and I need to get my horse before I have too many casualties on my hand.”
Now that she was done her speech she waited for the girls answer and the way towards the Inn.

Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2007, 03:02:15 AM »

Lingret's expression is eager, and she grins delightedly at you, probably imagining what she'd tell her friends about her witnessing an assassination, and that she was the assassin's friend. But as you begin talking, the smile falters, and her eyes fill with distaste and horror at the thought of having to take a bath. The picture in Lingret's mind tranforms into an image of herself drowning in soapy water.

She visibly shudders, and seems to be having second thoughts about tagging along with you. Lingret appears to struggle with herself for a few moments, before reaching a decision. "Okay, I'll take a... bath. But that seals your promise, so you have to bring me along. I don't take a bath for just anyone, ya know. You'll let me watch, promise?" she looks at you anxiously, like a little child.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 03:40:38 AM by Alassiel Telrúnya » Logged

Aváíyá Enayái
Adventurous Artist
Approved Character

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2007, 10:43:26 AM »

Aváíyá passed her hand over her face, getting annoyed of this little girl. As long as she didn’t smell like a pig or look like one to attract attention, she was fine with it, it’s not like she’d see anything anyways. Aváíyá would have chuckled out loud, but then she would have to explain why she was laughing and that was something she wanted to keep to herself.

“As long as you come out of the bathroom looking clean, that’s al I’m asking. One peep out of you while I’m in the meeting, and I will kill you, one peep to anyone about what you’ll hear and I’ll kill you. Understood?”
Those were her last warnings, Aváí wasn’t afraid to kill anyone for her secrets to be kept.

“Now show me the exit before Toren runs down the whole city, and then from there you take me to the Inn for your bath”
Hopefully she hadn’t left him too long for him to start getting agitated and biting at people who stopped to try and touch him, he wasn’t exactly your average gentle giant. On the contrary, Aváíyá had taught him to be violent when she used certain words in Elvish so no one could understand her unless they spoke the language.

Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2007, 04:18:54 AM »

Lingret seems to have a liking for violence and gore, and seems unfazed by your death threats. "Understood!" she says chirpily, "Ya won't get no peeps outta me. I value my life. And I'll come out of the bath clean, I promise... but if ya don' want me to attract no attention, a bath wouldn't be the best thing, cuz the smell of soap and stuff ain't no common smell in the City o' Death, ya know! Everybody's kinda..." here Lingret coughs before continuing, "... filthy, I guess. Ya think I'm dirty? Well, half the City's population is just as dirty, if not dirtier! Sorry miss, it's sad but true!"

Lingret is obviously trying one last time to get out of her bath, but her words have a small ring of truth in it. "But anyway," she says quickly, wanting to start, "You can make up your mind as we go there." Having said that, she proceeds to usher you down the tunnel you came from.

You pass the guards, who give you a quick nod in greeting, and then suddenly you're both in the open. The sunlight seems blinding after the dimly lit tunnel, and Lingret shields her eyes, then continues to lead you towards what is the direction to Stazia's inn. "By the way," Lingret almost shouts to make her voice heard above the noise of all the other people, "What's yer name, miss? And who's Toren?"

Aváíyá Enayái
Adventurous Artist
Approved Character

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2007, 12:29:25 PM »

“Where I’m going, people are expected to be clean, understood? Now you aren’t getting out of having a bath period.”
Well, well, well, it seemed this one liked to argue even if she was about to follow a dark elf into an assassination. As they finally started moving out Aváíyá shut her eyes preparing them for the sunlight that was about to blow right into them and fixed her hood again so it was back to normal. When they were finally out and getting closer to where she had started, Aváíyá smiled, there stood her baby as impatient as ever with people surrounding him and trying to get a good look at him.

"What's yer name, miss? And who's Toren?"
At the mere mention of his name, Toren’s ears flipped and his huge head turned knocking into some people who were a little too close. Once his eyes were transfixed and had caught Aváí’s eyes, she started moving through the crowd to get back to his master.

“This is Toren and you can call me Aváíyá”
Automatically her hands went up to great the large nose already extended for a greeting. He bent his head lower as she cupped his nose and whispered into his ear.

“Cyrathén é sá mé'krói“
Which meant for him to be gentle with the human, Toren blasted cool air into Aváí’s palm before moving over to the girl next to her. Once he had had a good whiff he sneezed and his head shot up, not liking what he smelled, Aváíyá giggled.

“See even he thinks you smell horrible”
She shook her head soft while patting him, then moving so she could grab a chunk of his mane, she pulled herself up into the saddle and bending over slightly she extended her hand.

“Let’s go, I don’t have all day, did you think we were actually gonna walk? This ways faster, you’ll just have to show me where to go”

Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2007, 01:13:53 AM »

Lingret sighed resignedly, and gave in; she had played her strongest card, and had no more good reasons left to weasel out of her future bath. Then she noticed the majestic horse approaching them. She shrank back behind Aváíyá, and watched in awe as the dark elf fussed over him... or at least, that is what it seemed like to her. As Aváíyá giggled, she started; she hadn't even considered the possibility that dark elves could laugh or smile, let alone giggle. Aváíyá swung into Toren's saddle, and from what she said to her, Lingret figured that she wanted her to jump in the saddle with her and ride to the Inn. She shook her head, before explaining, "I can't... I dunno how to ride. I've taken care o' horses, but I never rode one before."

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]