Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nyermersys - {SC} Milari's Headquarters  (Read 7586 times)
Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character

Elf, Ak’váth’rhím / Injerín

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 08:33:34 PM »

(OOC: Post for Kali)

As you enter the center of the tunnels, where everybody is, a few people look up, then continue what they're doing when they see it's you. Mystran, the arrogant person who insulted you, is nowhere in sight. You spot Bat, who is laughing and chattering with a group of women, as well as showing them the jewelry she bought on a table. When she sees you, she stuffs her goods back into her cloth bag, and comes over to you.

"Hey Kali! I see you 'membered the password to come in here. It's a good thing you did, cuz otherwise you'da been killed, or at least severely injured. And guess what? You're not the newest member anymore! While we were gone, the others managed to recruit another person... an elf from a tribe I can't remember... anyways, Mystran insulted her worse than you, and Rana sent her off to do some chores as punishment."

Here Bat lowered her voice, as if everybody was trying to listen in to the conversation. "From what the others tell me, she was made to apologize!" she whispered in a hushed tone. "This mayn't mean much to outsiders, but apologizing is a big thing. I bet ol' Mystran's never said sorry to anyone before in her life! Apparently she's doing those chores like a zombie, an' her eyes are outta focus cuz she still can't believe Rana made her do that."

"Man, I wish I'd been here!" Bat said wistfully. "I've just missed one of the biggest events in history! Oh, and I just remembered the tribe of that new elf member. She's from this tribe called the Dioreal, or the Diorolal... the Dioryeoleal! That's the one!" Bat beams, proud of herself for remembering the long name.

Aváíyá Enayái
Adventurous Artist
Approved Character

Elf, Diorye’oleal / Cyhallrhim

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2007, 11:39:03 AM »

Aváíyá closed her eyes and breathed in deeply moving back up on the saddle, she even counted to ten to hold back her anger, when had humans become so annoying?

"You don't need to know how to ride a horse to get on one. I'm the one on the saddle, you'll just be sitting on his rump and holding on with your legs. I can't even go full speed with these people, so will you just get up on before I sent you back from where I found you?"

Opening her eyes she gazed down at the girl and extended her hand again, if this one didn't think she'd stick to her words, well she was wrong. Aváíyá was able to get anywhere as long as she had determination on her side.

Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2007, 04:06:00 AM »

Lingret hesitated, but the threat of not being able to see Aváíyá in action made her give in eventually. After a few moments taken to steel herself, she grabbed the elfess' hand and swung one of her legs over the big horse... or at least, she attempted to do that. What really happened was that Lingret had swung too hard, and she had swung herself onto the other side of the horse. She ended up with one hand still holding Aváíyá's, and the other clutching the horse's back. "I'm alright," she said hastily. After a while of trying, she finally managed to heave herself up so she was in a sitting position. She started to look down, but then decided against it and kept her eyes shut. "Okay, ready when you are!" she said with a nervous giggle.

Aváíyá Enayái
Adventurous Artist
Approved Character

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2007, 07:13:00 AM »

When Lingret swung herself the first time Aváíyá thought she’d throw her off the horse too, but at the last minute she had braced herself by squeezing the life out of Toren who nearly started on a canter if she hadn’t been pulling the reins so hard. The horse huffed angrily as he turned his head slightly to get a good look at whatever had caused his master to be so painful, didn’t she know he had a rib cage? He was pacing now, getting impatient with the human who had no ability to get on him. Aváíyá patted him; she knew what he was thinking with his ears back and his tail twitching the way it was. Toren just thought he was on top of the world ( Except Aváíyá ) and didn’t like too much waiting for some lanky framed person to get on him, which she finally did after a few tries.

“Tell me which direction to do, I have no clue where I’m going!”
It was Aváíyá's turn to get irritated, hopefully she'd teach this one who to proberly ride if she was to be her guide, and maybe along the way a few nips and tricks about life.

Kali Rae
Raven Songbird
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii of the Korenjaan Order

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2007, 12:49:02 AM »

The sounds of chattering voices and air of camaraderie greets Kali as she strides back into the main gathering place of the headquarters.  The overwhelming excitement she felt back at the plaza had subsided leaving in its wake an uncharacteristically good mood.  She spots Bat amongst the crowd and smiles at her approach, and listens as Bat starts her familiar friendly banter, filling Kali in with all the latest of the Miliari's news.  The mention of a new recruit brings back the words of Gigi earlier that day, "Aviva, or Ayava, or something like that... I think the Milari will get hold of her soon" and Kali marvels quietly at her power.  Bursting with questions about the new recruit, Kali waits patiently for Bat to finish her tales.  At the mention of Mystran's reprimand she laughs and says, "Yeah, I'm sorry I missed it too."

Bat finishes, "I've just missed one of the biggest events in history! Oh, and I just remembered the tribe of that new elf member. She's from this tribe called the Dioreal, or the Diorolal... the Dioryeoleal! That's the one!"  At the mention of the elf's race Kali's heart jumps and jitters with excitement and nervousness, but she's able to master it.  She smirks at Bat's struggle with the word 'Dioryeoleal' relating it with her own difficulty telling Gigi about the letter, she chuckles and starts, "That's what I did when-"  She stops dead and a sort of horror of realization comes over her.  Kali almost said That's what I did when I had to ask Gigi about the Dioryeoleal and, cursing herself for her blunder Kali fumbles and is unable to come up with anything to say.  Instead she changes the subject.

Kali feels her face flush and asks clumsily, "Oh, where is she, that is, can I meet her?  I mean, if she's new to the city she might do well to have the map."  Her eyes find their familiar place on the floor for several seconds and then she looks to the map, slightly creased from having been held too tightly in her hands.  She takes a deep breath and relaxes somewhat then looks at Bat again and finishes, "I know it's helped me out a lot."

Damned! I'm going to have to be more careful, she thinks, angry at herself.

-- It is the extraordinary people that we tell stories about; still, everyone has a story if you look hard enough --

Kali Rae
Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2007, 06:37:05 AM »

Lingret

By then, Lingret had recovered sufficiently to give Aváíyá a grin. When she was told to lead her there, she ignored the obvious tone of irritation, but she looked a little embarassed. "Oh yeah, I was gonna tell you, the inn, well, it's ah..." she hesitated for a brief moment, not wanting to get a negative reaction out of Aváíyá, before continuing, "It's over there." she pointed to the inn, which was located no more than 10 peds away form them. A wooden sign reading "The Black Makaka" was nailed above the doorway. It seemed that everything and everyone was named after animals in this area. Lingret coughed discreetly. "You sure you don't wanna walk there, Miz Aváíyá?" she asked innocently.

Bat

Bat's smile became fractionally smaller. She knew she wasn't a very observant person, but even she couldn't fail to notice that Kali had stopped in mid-sentence and then flushed. She was hiding something. But what could she possibly hide from the Milari? She hadn't even been a member for a day... unless she had known about the Milari before they offered her membership and then planned it so that they'd notice her and take her in? If so, why? Doubts slowly filled her head; but then she had always prided herself on being able to judge people's true personalities really well, and Kali didn't seem to be the type of person who'd betray others. She decided to let the matter go... for now. Luckily, she did not once suspect that what Kali was hiding had anything to do with the Dioryeoleal member. After all, they couldn't possibly know each other.

Bat restored her smile and answered Kali's questions. "I think she just headed out with one of our youngest members, Lingret, to the inn where she'll be spending the night. It's barely a few minutes' walk there. Come to think of it, where would you like to stay? Lotsa us sleep in the tunnels, not on the ground of course. We've got hammocks an' mattresses, and a few beds. Or would you prefer to stay at the inn as well? Socialize with the new member?"
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 06:41:09 AM by Alassiel Telrúnya » Logged

Aváíyá Enayái
Adventurous Artist
Approved Character

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2007, 11:44:05 AM »

Aváíyá sighed deeply and closed her eyes, why hadn’t she told her before she made herself look like an idiot trying to help another idiot get on a huge horse? Why oh why had she ever accepted to bring someone along, she didn’t like people, didn’t like the reaction she got out of people so why had she even bothered? Well she’d have to get off now and walk.

“I hope the Inn has a stable”

Aváí grumbled under her breath, she twisted in the saddle and grabbed Lingrets arm and almost threw her off the saddle if she hadn’t been holding on to her the whole time so it didn’t exactly seem as if she were dropping her. She herself got off after a while taking the reins and moving towards the direction of the Inn without a second glance towards the girl, she was going to be late if she didn’t take a bath now and left quickly after that.

“Okay, so what now? Was I supposed to ask for anyone in particular, isn’t this someone’s brother’s inn or something of the sort? We need to hurry”
Now she’d girl the girl a glance, Aváíyá didn’t like depending one something so much, but hopefully after her kill she wouldn’t have to baby-sit anymore and would do as she pleased.

Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character

Human, Korweynite

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2007, 12:36:53 AM »

Lingret

Lingret squealed in surprise at the sudden drop off the saddle, and before she could protest she was being dragged in the general direction of the inn, "The Black Makaka".

Righting herself with all the haughty dignity a filthy teenage girl can muster, she wrung her hand free of Aváíyá and stepped rapidly ahead of the assassin.

"Don't getya feathers in a bunch" she snapped irritably. Confidently and with much ado to make up for her ungracious pull off the saddle, she pushed her way through the creaky door into the musty interior.

It was a dark place, dusty and smelled only a little better than Lingra did. Everything had something of a worn look, the floor and tables in some cases polished to a dim shine with overuse, in others they seemed ready to collapse. Spiderwebs clogged a window, and what looked like a very old bloodstain darkened the frame.

At the nearest table to the door sat a small, ratty-looking man - other than him, the place appeared empty. Lingret winked at the ratty man and moved up the barkeep, a similar looking fellow - they might have been brothers. The one at the table never took his eyes off the women as they approached the bar.

Lingra thucked a thumb at her charge. "Lady needs a room - on us." She put considerable emphasis on the  "us" part. "Got a horse outside too - how about that stable you never use, hmm, Rip?"

"Rip" stared through beady eyes at Aváíyá. "Used it yesterday" he rasped at Lingra, eyes still on the dark elf. "Fresh provender and hay." With a flick of his hand a key appeared, and he handed it to Lingra. "Third and left, like always."

He grinned toothily at Aváíyá. "Welcome to The Black Makaka."

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Kali Rae
Raven Songbird
Approved Character

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2008, 04:57:41 AM »

Bat's casual response restores Kali's security somewhat and she relaxes back into the conversation.  "Or would you prefer to stay at the inn as well? Socialize with the new member?" Bat finishes with the question.  Kali considers a moment before replying;  I haven't much money, so it'd be best for me to lodge as cheaply as possible.  Also, staying here should help my rapport with the group.  "I'm going out to meet our newest member, but I'll return for the night.  My purse is pitifully empty I'm afraid."  She pats the sagging bag at her waist, shrugs, and smiles at Bat.  She takes her leave and winds her way through the tunnel towards the exit.

Kali leaves the headquarters walking at a brisk pace and stops for a few seconds once she is out of doors to give her eyes time to adjust to the light.  Once her vision clears she casts around for the Miliari pair, but can't see anything at first so she moves farther into the street.  She catches sight of the bedraggled inn in time to see two figures disappear into the doorway.  I hope that's them, she thinks, I could end up wasting a lot of time if it isn't.

Casually she crosses the distance to the inn but stops short of the door.  Better not go charging in.  Instead she strolls casually past the window and innocently peers through it, trying to find out what's going on inside.  Unfortunately for her, the dusty, grimy window and dim interior make it impossible to see through in the light of day.  Curiosity driving her actions, Kali steps right up to the glass, covers the glass with her hands, and presses her face up against it to try and see in.

-- It is the extraordinary people that we tell stories about; still, everyone has a story if you look hard enough --

Kali Rae
Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character

Human, Korweynite

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2008, 07:04:16 AM »

The Black Makaka

Lingret and the elf had already left the common room when Rip saw a shadow at the window - a face from the looks of it. He motioned from the bar at his brother.

"Nippy, someone at the window" he hissed.

Nippy started from his table; the window was on the same wall as the one he leaned against, the door between him and it. With a quiet step he scurried to the door, knife in hand. After a moment's pause to take a deep breath, he flung the door open and stepped outside.

"Kin I help ya'?" he rasped as he appeared next to Kali, almost hissing in her ear.

Kali Rae
Raven Songbird
Approved Character

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2008, 07:17:32 AM »

Kali's eyes are met with vague shadows and dim movements; nothing in the inn is distinguishable.  She squints, hoping to be able to decipher anything at all when the noise of the door opening makes her withdraw from the window.  A man steps out from the gloomy depths within and asks in a hard, unkindly voice: "Kin I help ya'?"

Kali starts and her heart races for a moment.  She folds her arms, concealing the map underneath her cloak, and takes a nervous glance around the street before turning to confront this man.  Glancing at him through the dark hair dangling in front of her eyes she decides how best to proceed.  She glances at the knife held comfortably in his hand and constructs a smirk, hoping to build herself up to equal ground.

"I'm on an errand," she begins casually, "to deliver something of importance to a lady elf, newly arrived to this city.  The directions to her whereabouts were given in vague terms, but I was assured that the fine gentleman at my destination would be able to assist."  She grins lazily and tosses her head to clear her vision.  "Do you know of the lady I seek?"  But if I could only spare a few san in case he turns stubborn, she thinks to herself.

Mentally she feels for her daggers dangling at her hips, in case this man was the violent type or she'd made some deadly blunder, and wishes that she was holding the paper map in her left hand.

Kali Rae
Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character

Human, Korweynite

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2008, 02:42:16 AM »

Nippy's eyes took in the woman, sparing nothing. Only after a thorough perusal did he actually look her in the face.

"Depends on who sent you on the errand" said Nippy, unwittingly giving away more than he intended, but making it clear that the woman would have to make a good case to get inside, regardless. The Makaka usually opened its doors on a who-you-are basis.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]