Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

gfx gfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register    gfx gfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!
Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 6th Hour of Sunblaze Warrior Battle  (Read 577 times)
Vincent Varkatzas
Nighttime Drifter
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2007, 08:06:22 AM »

At the sound of approaching footsteps Vincent turned his attention away from the wolf after giving it a quick scratch behind the ears. He looked up and saw another Kasumarii approaching. He watched the geetings pass between the elf and the Kasumarii before extending his own hand and saying, "My name is Vincent". He did not bother stating that he was of Kasumarii origin for he was certain they would have already worked that out. He asked, "How do you suppose they will pair us?"
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 08:08:54 AM by Vincent Varkatzas » Logged

Ive got a jet black heart, it's all stuffed up and it's falling apart

http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php/topic,4729.0.html
Kaldez’Yadra
The Searcher
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2007, 02:58:43 PM »

"My name is Vincent" "Hello VIncent I am Kaldez" "How do you suppose they will pair us?" "I believe it will be quit random like the sword battle was" Kaldez shook Vincents extended hand while he said this.

Nothing is impossible for impossibility is impossible- Kaldez'Yadra
Isoto
The Widow
Approved Character

Elf, Coór'hém

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2007, 12:31:38 AM »

Isoto watches as Jo eagerly bent down to Chingu’s level and patted him on the head. As she strokes Chingu’s head, Chingu perks up. Apparently head was enjoying it, his tail began to wag. And gently brushing Jo’s hand down his face he moves towards her face and begins to lick her cheek.

Heh, it looks like he is fond of you. Isoto said with a laugh. Looking around he noticed the number of participants were growing rather well. His focus drifted to the new human who was so curious about his wolf. He had stated his name as Vencent. As Isoto studied him he noticed a very familiar sword, it was another Moonblade. "Hmm, three Kasumarii. I wonder what draws them to this event. So we could have another assassin on our hands." Isoto didn't know if the other had noticed but it was apparent that Vincent did not want everyone to know his tribe. So Isoto decided to respect Vincent's desire and to keep quiet on the matter.

Again looking around, but this time for any officals. Isoto was wandering when they would being, so with a tone of curiosity Isoto asks, “So when are we going to get this show on the road?” Isoto once again looked around and knew that the fight would be a good one to not only fight in but to watch.

"I'm tired and you're in my way"

~Isoto~
Kaldez’Yadra
The Searcher
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2007, 01:15:27 AM »

So when are we going to get this show on the road?"When the game master gets here, i'll tell you if i see him Isoto, and also may i ask who you are sir orc, you sir elf, and you miss?" said addressing the others.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 01:15:47 AM by Kaldez’Yadra » Logged

Jo
Friendly Assassin
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2007, 03:35:06 PM »

Chingu's tail wagged, and he licked Jo's cheek. She let out a small chuckle and closed her eyes, pressing her face against his fur as Isoto said, "Heh, it looks like he is fond of you." Jo smiled and gave Chingu one last pat between the ears before standing again, her childish display over for now. Brushing herself off, Jo observed the newcomers. One had dark hair, and one snowy white. The second, at least, looked Kasumarii like herself. Jo smiled at the two of them, and said to Isoto, "Chingu is sweet.. you're lucky to have a companion like him."

Jo's eyes swept the area. Their little group was growing, and she wondered if the event would start soon. Isoto, Grail, and these newcomers Kaldez, Vincent, and another man.. Jo hadn't caught his name... would all be worth opponents. Jo wistfully thought she'd love to test her skill against 'Scarlet Crusher' the very first, so as not to be tired and wary after another challenging fight. Excitement bubbled within her again, and she looked about their little circle, saying, "What brings each of you to the Festival today, and to the Warrior Battle, no less?"

Kaldez’Yadra
The Searcher
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2007, 01:12:33 AM »

"What brings each of you to the Festival today, and to the Warrior Battle, no less?" the young girl spoke to the group, kaldez looked at her then back towards the festival "I was passing through the area and decided to stop by, i'm at the warrior battle because that is where my skills lie, are here in the warrior battle and in the sword battle earlier today.

Isoto
The Widow
Approved Character

Elf, Coór'hém

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2007, 02:13:51 AM »

Isoto watched in joy as Jo buried her face in Chingu's fur. Isoto enjoyed it when people were happy, and Chingu seemed to enjoy it as well, his wagging tail gave away his happiness. Jo patted Chingu one last time and rose to her feet and said

"Chingu is sweet.. you're lucky to have a companion like him."

Isoto smiled and said, yes I am, and actually thats why I named him Chingu...it's Dwarven for friend." Isoto loved using his knowledge of forieng laungages, and he loved teaching them to others.

Having risen Jo began to look aroung the group and with the same curiousity Isoto had himself asked "What brings each of you to the Festival today, and to the Warrior Battle, no less?"

Isoto knew the reason he had come, but he felt like if he told his reason, the others would not understand. He felt like they would think he was a complainer, one who brings up sad memories only to recieve words of comfort. Isoto had no need for comfort so Isoto believed that keeping silent on this matter would be his best course of action. So with a painted smile Isoto waits for the others to respond and hoped Jo wasn't that curious about his reasons for being there.

~Isoto~
Grial
Lyra's Guardian
Approved Character

Orc, Orcristh

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2007, 04:42:30 AM »

Grial looked attentively as the newcomers arrived , they had moonblades , something that caught his attention , at lost for a time ...
He was most preocupied that the duel would start as soon as possible , large crowds was something he never liked , even less with potential adversaries .
Raising his voice to be heard , he said "Not that i want to interupt this fascinating conversation , but i believe we are all here for the same motive , to fight in the ring , if someone could get the battlemaster so we could begin , i would be most thankfull ..."
His voice was calm , but it was evident that boredom was begining to fill him , and he didn´t want Lyra to stay around warriors for long .

“Power is no blessing in itself, except when it is used to protect the innocent.”
Grial
Ehairrll Ebonbark
New Santharian

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2007, 05:10:08 AM »

"Aye! I came here to fight, and fight I shall, even if I have to start now!" Niccoli rose quickly from the stands. "We shall begin this presently!"
Jo
Friendly Assassin
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2007, 05:31:16 AM »

Jo thought she noted sarcasm in Grial's voice as he spoke. She sighed and folded her arms across her chest again. The festival was a busy place, and although excited, she honestly wasn't sure what the hurry was. Maybe he was concerned about the child? Regardless, he agitated her.

Another man agreed. "Aye! I came here to fight, and fight I shall, even if I have to start now! We shall begin this presently!" he yelled, and Jo's eyes crinkled in amusement and disbelief as he approached. Stepping back a few paces, Joey said mostly to herself, but loud enough for all gathered to hear, "And here comes your first opponent, Grial. Have at 'im." There was an obvious hint of amusement in her voice, but not without a note of irritation. As much as she enjoyed fighting, Jo thought she was much more practiced at self-restraint than these men.

They could fight all they wanted. Jo was more than happy to allow them to them entertain. Glancing at Isoto with a grin, she gave a little wink and said, "Note the Orc's weapon coupled with that man's foolishness... if the Festival Master doesn't come quickly we may have a casualty on our hands."
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 06:16:10 AM by Jo » Logged

Vincent Varkatzas
Nighttime Drifter
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2007, 10:13:22 AM »

"Note the Orc's weapon coupled with that man's foolishness... if the Festival Master doesn't come quickly we may have a casualty on our hands."

Vincent grinned at these words and he glanced at the man in the stands and then at the Orc. "Aye he should hurry, least we have to clean up after our friend here" , he said clapping the Orc good naturedly on the shoulder. He grinned wider as he saw a flicker of amusement flash through the Orc's eye.

Ive got a jet black heart, it's all stuffed up and it's falling apart

http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php/topic,4729.0.html
Khel
Rogue
Story Mod

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2007, 04:02:04 PM »

Nogra Ungorra

Nogra jogged his way back to the ring for the Warrior Battle event. Yes, there was quite a group gathered, and the heavyset man smiled as he approached. It looked as if they were getting a bit impatient. Watching a man jump from the stands, Nogra picked up the pace, shouting, "Welcome to the Warrior Battle, friends!" and grinning broadly as the crowd cheered in the stands, hopefully stopping him in his tracks. Nogra noticed the elf was the same from the Battle of the Sword, and quickly interjected, "Welcome back, my good sir! Now, if you'll give me moment, I'll decide who the first two contestants are.." Hastily, Nogra bustled over to the group of warriors.

Getting a name from each, he stepped with a flourish into the ring. This would be a good show indeed. The crowd would especially enjoy the Orc, and Nogra eyed his mace wistfully, deciding on the best to pair him up with. If not the best, at least the most interesting. The girl, yes.. the girl would do. Nogra looked over the contestants again. Two Kasumarii men, two elves, the Orc and the Kasumarii woman. Quickly deciding, Nogra beckoned the contestants "Sir Orc, and the little miss over there, please step into the ring!" Turning to the crowd, he said, "Our first contestants in the warrior battle: Grial and Jo! If the rest of you would standby for the time being...

"They will fight for you now.  As you know, the rules are simple:  victory is awarded when one combatant yields, or when first blood is drawn.  These are battles of skill, and are not real attempts to injure, but know they will not play too nicely.." with a chuckle and a quick wink, Nogra stepped from the ring, indicating the start of the fight.

(OOC:  This is NOT a battle arena as the one being proposed outside of this fair.  Each player will get to post 3 times, after which I will determine bonus posts for the quality of your posts, and will add that to skill points determined from your CD.  A random(luck) number will be drawn for each, and the player with highest total of these three numbers will be awarded the win, where upon I will PM you both with the results.  You are then to post 2 times each, forming the result of the fight.  This is to be a friendly, fun little fight.  Good luck to all, and sorry for the delay!)

..tell me your heart doesn't race for a hurricane or a burning building. -asw
Your pal, Khel
Isoto
The Widow
Approved Character

Elf, Coór'hém

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2007, 06:36:59 PM »

soto watched as a man impatiently jumps from the stand with intent of fighting. “Hm, impatient fool,” Isoto thought to himself, “but if he wants to waist his energy then so be it.” Many decades of intense combat had taught Isoto that patients was an invaluable trait.

Isoto had to let out a little laugh as Jo cheered on Grial, and to be honest he would love to see Grial crush the man.  "Note the Orc's weapon coupled with that man's foolishness... if the Festival Master doesn't come quickly we may have a casualty on our hands." Jo said with a smile and a wink.

For some reason Isoto was drawn to Jo’s warm personality. She was smart for her age and yet she still had the presence of a child, and she knew it.  And in knowing it, she could use it in a most beneficial way. Isoto felt that he might have underestimated her, which is exactly what she wanted, people to think that she wasn’t worth the trouble; drop their guard; then she would strike with deadly force. She was a smart one.

Isoto laughed at her statement and with another wink said “Perhaps if we are lucky they will take each other out.” And not sooner had Isoto said that he noticed a rather large man approaching the group,” another fighter?”
 "Welcome to the Warrior Battle, friends! Welcome back, my good sir! Now, if you'll give me moment, I'll decide who the first two contestants are.."

An official, good lets get started, Isoto looked around wonder who would be first, who would be his opponent. As he looked he hoped that he wouldn’t have to fight Jo, now while he was costumed to fighting his friends because of his heritage, it wasn’t something he enjoyed doing. But if it came down to it he would. He really wanted a chance at Grial, but that mace could prove to be quite problematic. Isoto wasn’t very fond of shattered bones. But he would welcome any outcome, Isoto had come here to fight and fight he would, no matter the circumstances.

"Sir Orc, and the little miss over there, please step into the ring! Our first contestants in the warrior battle: Grial and Jo! If the rest of you would standby for the time being. They will fight for you now.  As you know, the rules are simple:  victory is awarded when one combatant yields, or when first blood is drawn.  These are battles of skill, and are not real attempts to injure, but know they will not play too nicely.."

Isoto let out a silent sigh, he was happy he didn’t have to face Jo right off the bat, and he was disappointed that she got to face Grial first. Isoto was filled with a strange mixture of joy, relief, disappointment, and excitement. “Good luck Jo,” Isoto said with a smile and looking at Grial said “Sorry, no offence but I’ll be rooting on the little lady,” as the official had put it. “but good luck to you as well.”

The rules seemed odd to Isoto. They would yield at first blood, as a Coorhem this seemed odd. Isoto had never yielded at blood, he was taught that only death should be the only thing to yield him, but if rules where rules. He would fight to first blood.

Isoto relaxed himself and gave Chingu a scratch behind the ears as he wondered who his opponent was. Wanting to not stipulate on it much, Isoto prepared himself for what was to be a very interesting match.

~Isoto~
Grial
Lyra's Guardian
Approved Character

Orc, Orcristh

« Reply #43 on: Yesterday at 04:56:59 AM »

Grial looked at the elf screaming at the stand with the same attention he would give a fly , excited warriors are always the first to fall and this one was excited alright .
Then he felt someone giving a friendly blow on his shoulder , it was the man called Vincent , "Aye he should hurry, least we have to clean up after our friend here" , Grial looked at him with his red eye flickring with reprimend and said " Dispite of what you might think , i am not here to entertain  , especialy a pup like you , a true warrior need not to show himself , its what he does beside fighting , you still have much to learn young one ..."

Grial then kneeled near Lyra and stroking her head gently he said , "Wait here Lyra , i shall return soon " , Lyra looked at him and hugging him , she nooded .
The time to duel has arrived , for the man have anounced his oponent , fate wanted that was Jo , walking with decision , he stood in the ring waiting for her , resting his powerfull arms on the mace , saying "Come Jo , it was decided that we should bout each other first , know that this is something that makes me sad , but i will show you all my power and i expect you do the same ..."
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 04:58:51 AM by Grial » Logged

“Power is no blessing in itself, except when it is used to protect the innocent.”
Grial
Jo
Friendly Assassin
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #44 on: Yesterday at 06:15:05 AM »

The announcer finally stepped in, stopping the approaching elf, and announcing the start of the fight. So, Jo would fight Grial after all. She smiled as Isoto wished her luck, and nodded her thanks, both hands already on her moonblades. She watched curiously as Grial knelt and Lyra gave him a hug. He was such a kind, gentle Orc.. something Joey had never witnessed before. Grial then said, "Come Jo, it was decided that we should bout each other first, know that this is something that makes me sad, but i will show you all my power and i expect you do the same ..." Jo stepped into the ring, standing across from him, eyeing 'Scarlet Crusher'. She smiled at Grial, hopefully a sign that no, she would not hold back, but it would indeed be a friendly fight between two acquaintances.

Taking a long, slow breath, Jo bent her knees and spread her legs. She felt her thigh and calf muscles tighten, and she flexed her toes inside her soft shoes. Rolling onto the balls of her feet, Jo unsheathed both blades, holding them firmly in her hands. She was not sweating, nor was she nervous. Jo briefly wondered what a blow with the Crusher would do to her. If a spike did not draw blood she would surely have to yield after the first hard hit. Just another reason not to let him make a blow, she thought. She felt the warm air on her exposed skin, and suddenly she felt much more fragile. Narrowing her eyes, she thought, More reason to show him what I'm made of.

Jo dawned a fierce grimace. Her training taught her never to let her thoughts stray. She would concentrate on this fight until the very end. Jo would rely on speed and agility to win this battle, for she thought it obvious that was what the Orc lacked. Would her curved blades draw blood though? Pushing any doubt from her mind, Jo's confident air came about her, and she did not hesitate. Lunging forward and to the right, Jo stayed crouched low and aimed for a quick slash at the Orc's leg. She did not expect to get it right away, but thought to maybe catch him off guard, make Grial think she always fought offensively.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
by Rainier
[Today at 03:25:04 AM]

[Today at 03:15:49 AM]

[Today at 02:45:31 AM]

by Rainier
[Today at 02:23:41 AM]

[Today at 01:51:13 AM]

[Today at 01:31:44 AM]