Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your inner most private thoughts  (Read 203044 times)
Alýr (Rayne)
Dreamress
CD Mod

« Reply #1860 on: April 17, 2012, 10:07:29 AM »

Thought of the day:

Today was the last day of class
   for me.
I arrive early,
   though my lesson is already prepared.
and as my students drift in,
like leaves blown by an eastern breeze,
I feel I know their faces by heart:
one's loud laugh, another gruff voice
   every one's smile.

We finish the story I've been reading with the:
   "... and the prince and Snow White...," I read
    "... and the prince and Snow White...," they repeat
    "... lived happily ever after."

"... lived happily ever after..."

I wave them to the front
   "Picture," I say, with my lips and my hands.
And the teachers sit in the front
And the students grin in the back
And some words are English
   And most are Chinese
      And all of them flutter and echo in me.

I accept their gifts graciously,
    their compliments humbly,
     their "thank you"s sincerely.
Then say, "Goodbye," with a smile.

On the subway train at last,
I despair a little:
   I'm getting too good
      at good-bye.

Deklitch Hardin
Truth Seeker
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #1861 on: April 17, 2012, 10:58:25 PM »

Funerals are a funny beast ... funny as in strange ... not funny as in ha ha. It was a Roman Catholic Service, and I am not Catholic ... instead I'm currently Lutheran ... but mostly consider myself Christian and willing to go into most Christian denomination churches.

I was told ahead of time that because I wasn't a Roman Catholic, the part of the service in which the Lord's Supper is eaten I wouldn't be able to participate in it ... but the priest invited all of us to take part in the Sacrament ... Roman Catholic and non-Catholic alike. Also, for the main, the service could have been in a Lutheran, Anglican, Uniting, Baptist etc etc etc Church. I mean, regardless of denomination, they all worship the same triume God and believe the faithful are going to the same place. It is funny (strange) that the denominations have such things as to whether you face the congregation or altar to pray, whether or not you kiss the altar and bible and so forth as differences between them.

I was with my Grandmother (she is 93) at the funeral and at one point she said to me "The <Surname> family is a good family, even though they are Roman Catholic as a lot of bad people are Roman Catholics."

I told her that I didn't think that denomination made a person or family good or bad, but that it depended on the people themselves, and that there have been plenty of ugly things in denominations that aren't Roman Catholic.

She kind of agreed with me, which in itself was unusual. Normally, she would tell me not to support the Roman Catholics.

The woman who we were farewelling in the service was a beautiful beautiful woman whom I was very lucky to know and love. The service was fitting, and her favourite song "You'll never walk alone" was sung during the funeral service.

So yeah, funerals are funny beasts.

Seeking the truth, whatever the cost! - Deklitch Hardin, Elf Friend
Irid alMenie
Wolf-Lady
CD Mod

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #1862 on: April 17, 2012, 11:07:55 PM »

I was raised Roman Catholic. My boyfriend was raised as a Protestant. Our wedding is going to be a mixture of both, but without the Eucharist, since he has family members who might not even enter the Roman Catholic church where it's going to take place, and who would be REALLY upset with anything resembling the Eucharist. Luckily most of his family members are somewhat more tolerant than that. My side of the family is even more tolerant - they did not even mind my uncle marrying an Islamic woman, so no problems with Protestants either.

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Irid al'Menie
Roy Tmofl
The Mage of Flaming Light
CD Mod

Human, Centoraurian.

« Reply #1863 on: April 18, 2012, 11:18:26 AM »

It's funny you bring up religeon at the moment because I have recently decided to try and become a Catholic Preist/ hopefully exorcist. Though it will be a tough road I need four years of theology in a private school. Then I will need seminary for however many years. After this I will take a trip to the Vatacin in order to receive training in exorcisms.

But on the funny side of things I do not beleive that I have a single Roman Catholic friend. My best friend is Lutheren, then my other friends are nondenominational, baptist, congregationalist I think, pretty much no Catholic.

Stupidity is also a gift from God, but one musn't misuse it.

Pope John Paul II

Magic and personal information.
History and equipment.
Leif Terskun
Golden Wordsmith
Story Mod

Human, Avennorian

« Reply #1864 on: April 18, 2012, 07:59:53 PM »

Do you want to know what I really hate? I hate knowing that I'm going to be absolutely exhausted tomorrow because I only got to bed last night at four in the morning and woke up at eight. More precisely, I hate the IRC for making conversations at that time seem perfectly reasonable when in fact they're utterly insane.

School in this state is going to be such fun...

Leif.

Words convey knowledge; knowledge is power; thus power lies in words
Leif Terskun
Deklitch Hardin
Truth Seeker
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #1865 on: April 18, 2012, 11:14:40 PM »

@ Leif

Ha ha ha ha ha. I'm pleased I'm not the only one who has such troubles with IRC :D

Seeking the truth, whatever the cost! - Deklitch Hardin, Elf Friend
Leif Terskun
Golden Wordsmith
Story Mod

Human, Avennorian

« Reply #1866 on: April 18, 2012, 11:25:24 PM »

It's when everyone in there is so damnably interesting :P.

Also, everyone else seems to come on at my late-o'clock and so there's no natural break for me to come to my senses in...

Leif Terskun
Irid alMenie
Wolf-Lady
CD Mod

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #1867 on: April 18, 2012, 11:29:56 PM »

Hmm, might come on the IRC this evening.

Leif, I believe you're in England? So that'd be at least a reasonable hour for you ^.^ That is, if you want to talk to me, of course ;)

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Irid al'Menie
Leif Terskun
Golden Wordsmith
Story Mod

Human, Avennorian

« Reply #1868 on: April 18, 2012, 11:59:13 PM »

I am in England; and naturally, I would be delighted to talk to you. I hover, so I'll probably be around, but I might try to get an early night after certain people, who shall remain nameless, kept me in conversation until 3:50 am. :P

Leif Terskun
Thorgas Ironforge
Ironforge Pyromancer
Mini-mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #1869 on: April 21, 2012, 07:00:46 PM »

I had the privilege of being invited by a friend to listen to an all boys' choir, and based on a few of the language they used, I think they were singing in Cambrian, or Welsh.

And it took all of my self control not to punch the person in front of me.

Here are a group of choir boys trying to resuscitate an ancient and wonderful language, rescuing it from the brink of obscurity in the process, by singing a song using it with all their heart, and all he and his companions can think of is how ugly their hair styles are??? On top of that they kept making noises during the duration of the whole performance. :(

Seriously, if not for my sense of decency, I would have introduced my shoe to his face. angry
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 07:02:57 PM by Thorgas Ironforge » Logged

A weak mind is a deadly foe.
Thorgas Ironforge
Buri
Thorgas' theme song
Roy Tmofl
CD Mod

Human, Centoraurian.

« Reply #1870 on: June 23, 2012, 06:37:10 AM »

No matter where I look I can't seem to find anybody else who has read the Silmarilion. I hope that at least some of the people here have read it. If you have could you please tell me? For I have only met three other people who have read the book and I'm beggining to worry that Tolkiens stories are becoming lost.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 06:45:46 AM by Roy Tmofl » Logged

Pope John Paul II

History and equipment.
Ridgen Sú'ufanán
Mindweaver
Story Mod

Random person ^^

Homepage
« Reply #1871 on: June 23, 2012, 10:33:06 AM »

Warning: rant ahead!

I honestly don't mind if my parents get angry at me, so long as they have a valid reason to be.

Losing a lot of money because of their own stupid mistakes, however, is not a justifiable reason.

Alright, they just lost a lot of money at gambling. They're frustrated. Pissed off. Their moods are incredibly foul. I understand that. What I don't understand is how it makes taking their anger out on their children a completely reasonable and justified act; most especially if we didn't do anything in the first place. By that age, they should know better. It's not our fault they made those mistakes, and pinning the blame on us is just sad.

But at least that was over. I'm still pissed at them for doing that, but there's no screaming or whatever. No more making me look like a horrible person to the entire neighbourhood.

Then a week rolled around.

My little brother, aged ten, attends a school five minutes from my house. Yesterday, he took four hours to get home. Four hours. You can more or less guess how worried my parents were, right? At least, I think they were worried. The most I saw them do is order me around to go from place to place to look for the kid, without doing very much themselves. Oh, they were worried, but they wouldn't do anything about it, apparently. He came home while I was out. Apparently, he'd gone and run off to a party someplace without telling us beforehand. Which he would've been allowed to attend... if he'd told us beforehand. I'm loving the way he thinks, right there. You can guess what happened from then.

End rant.

So yeah. Dysfunctional families suck.

"Everything is a game - some people just don't realise that."
                                                                       - Ridgen Sú'ufanán
Emrah Lark
Swell Rogue on the Road
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #1872 on: June 23, 2012, 08:45:47 PM »

@Roy: I have great news for you. I've indeed read the Silmarilion and moreover, I liked it!

@Ridgen: Oh, sorry to hear that. Sometimes, people act irrationally when they're frustrated. It sucks and it's irritating but it's so. I even remember myself insulting people I like when I was angry because of something completely different. People usually aren't that good.

It reminds me of a joke.

"Hey, racists and sexists are people too!"
"You say 'people' as if it were a good thing."

"Yea, I be a proper gentleman."

Emrah Lark
Roy Tmofl
CD Mod

Human, Centoraurian.

« Reply #1873 on: June 26, 2012, 09:41:39 AM »

Emrah... THANK YOU!  :D Next question. Who was your favorite character and what was your favorite story?

Secondly. Ridgen... I AGREE!  :D.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 12:14:30 PM by Roy Tmofl » Logged

Pope John Paul II

History and equipment.
Seh'nara Celebrindal
Swift Ranger
CD Mod

Elf, Tethinrhim

« Reply #1874 on: June 26, 2012, 03:45:53 PM »

god i hate school.

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126   Go Up
Print
Jump to: