Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 129   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What santharians really look like!  (Read 251860 times)
Fáiorríl
Fallen Grey
Mini-mod

Mélad'rhim

Homepage
« Reply #1680 on: December 15, 2009, 06:40:04 AM »

*is all excited*
So today I got home and figured that all the really cool kids have those thick-rimmed glasses and I decided that I wanted to have really thick-rimmed glasses too so I made my own out of construction paper!
Now I am a cool kid!  grin
[EDIT} picture removed.
*claps and bounces up and down*
And the best part is, they're attached to my normal glasses so I can wear them and not be blind.  :D *is super proud and beaming*
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 11:07:57 AM by Fáiorríl » Logged

Fáiorríl (Currently under reconstruction)
Join me for some tea. Viewer Discretion is Vaguely Advised.
Rhayth Nεrvak
New Santharian

« Reply #1681 on: December 15, 2009, 02:17:48 PM »

LOL! Faio, you can really get to my sense of humor. Beautiful as ever and now creative, too. Two points and two Thumb up Thumb up

"Many stand against me but they wait in fear. The matchless power of my mace will lead them to armageddon."
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #1682 on: December 15, 2009, 02:51:55 PM »

Lol! Faio, I LOOOOOVE it. I may have to try it sometime this week :D

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Aerein the Vigilant
New Santharian

Human/Erpheronian

« Reply #1683 on: December 23, 2009, 06:42:04 AM »

...why go and buy a sixpack when the barrel´s right there? XD

...ahem. sorry. just felt like it ^^

In Queprurs name, the heretics shall fall like wheat before my scythe!
Twén Aråerwén
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Ifer’hém

« Reply #1684 on: December 23, 2009, 08:04:06 AM »

Haha! Nice Aerein!  Pet

•º•The spell fell upon the crowd like a dragon, •º•
•º•ancient and full of death.•º•
_.·´¯) Twén Aråerwén's CD(¯`·._
Aerein the Vigilant
New Santharian

Human/Erpheronian

« Reply #1685 on: December 24, 2009, 08:57:42 PM »

Feel the over-highlighting wrath of my webcam, infidel!

Sylvia Palinor
Masked Huntress
Approved Character

Half-elf-Tethinrhim/Avennorian

« Reply #1686 on: December 26, 2009, 04:54:02 AM »

Ok I finally present A picture of Me. It's time everyone saw the BOY behind the half-elfess. This is what I look like, in all of my messed up hair, weird looking face, unattractive glory! 'Tis awesome! :D

"Sympathy is a luxury I simply cannot afford, for in the death of others do I make my living."

Sylvia Palinor
Aerein the Vigilant
New Santharian

Human/Erpheronian

« Reply #1687 on: December 26, 2009, 07:00:31 AM »

i still dont get the point of crossplaying...

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #1688 on: December 26, 2009, 07:04:03 AM »

Hiya Sylvia! <3

@Aerein: It is a challenge, and it is just what some people prefer. Whether you get it or not, doesn't make them any less themselves.

A lot of people on the boards play characters of both genders, while others just have one and it may be opposite to their own, but that is simply their preference and what they relate to the most.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 07:05:00 AM by Kalína Mërénwèn » Logged

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Aerein the Vigilant
New Santharian

Human/Erpheronian

« Reply #1689 on: December 26, 2009, 08:40:50 AM »

oh i´m sure it´s a challenge, and if i was to play a female character, she would probably come out quite manly :D

but creating and playing an authetic, credible character is hard enough, imho you don´t need the extra level of "hardness" trying to think like the opposite gender along with that ;)

it´s pretty much like what i´ve experienced in LARP...most beginners start out trying to be something special, "evil cool" like half-demons, demi-gods, quarter-vampires or werewolves allergic to animal hair...characters like these used to be exotic, or restricted to be NPC classes...but nowadays, a simple conscripted farmer in service to a knight, rangers that know no magic, or even paladins that don´t go shooting fireballs from their eyes or lighting from their arses, have become the exots...

Fu Luft
Befuddled Spellblower
Mini-mod

Human, Avennorian/ Eyelian

« Reply #1690 on: December 28, 2009, 03:00:37 AM »

Nice picture, Sylvia! You look just as friendly and kind a person as I imagined you to be from your writing. (Me being Shabakuk, also ...)

I think all roleplay is cross-playing in a sense, because you've always got the challenge of imaging the inner life of a person you are not. Yet I find playing a different gender particularly interesting - because of the reactions of the other players, who, of course, treat your character according to her/his gender, not your own. My character Lili in Destiny has been subjected to quite a bit of male chauvinism and rude lecherousness, for example (from NPCs and player characters, not from the players themselves). It was an interesting experience to be on the receiving side of that. Also, appearing on the boards as a female has been fun. Lili's portrait shows a blonde, attractive young woman. Before it became known that she is played by a man, there was a male player who thought I was flirting with him in the OOC threads. Roll Eyes We both laughed about it later.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 06:29:31 AM by Fu Luft » Logged

Sylvia Palinor
Masked Huntress
Approved Character

Half-elf-Tethinrhim/Avennorian

« Reply #1691 on: December 28, 2009, 06:06:14 AM »

Thanks Fu! I knew who you were. I do aim to be nice and friendly, so it's nice to see that my effort's aren't in vain.

"Sympathy is a luxury I simply cannot afford, for in the death of others do I make my living."

Sylvia Palinor
Damien Scar
Commander of the Gates
Approved Character

« Reply #1692 on: December 28, 2009, 10:01:21 AM »

I agree Aerein. It is very difficult, at least for me, to be able to create a viable male character much less try and do a female one, however I give kudos to those who can. I believe that is where people watching skills come in, as well as reading books and magazines that the other gender would read, especially psych, you may not get to know all there is to know about a man/woman, boy/girl, but you may learn enough to write a viable story. 

Just for an example, think of Harry Potter. Now who wrote it, a male or female?  Now think of how much research she had to do to not only write the novels, but to create a boy and a growing one at that! Unless you are a mother or were a mother it would be difficult to imagine. Or...you do some cross role playing and find out what happens?  For her, it turned out to be a very lucrative endeavour. I think anyone would agree on that.

So as much as it is difficult to understand the cross role playing, it can and should be a part of a writers reparte'

I had no idea Lili was being written by a male person until they gave themselves away. Yeah, I suppose if I was young and wanted to "hook up" or flirt with someone I met here and thought she was a she and discovered that the she was a he or visa versa, perhaps I might get upset, angry at being deceived, but only if the person behind the character kept up the charade, otherwise like Fu wrote, once you find out you laugh about it, learn from it and move on.

BTW Sylvia nice pic and I am still amazed at the writing talents of the people here, especially when I find out how young they are.

Aerein- nice pic too, wish I had abs like that. I did once, when I was young, but the years have caught up to me.

P.S. Lili, I love being chavinistic and lecherous to you.... evil

Anyway, I am rambling again as usual...see you on the boards.

Damien/Capher.

I have travelled far and wide.
And Foiro's must have been my guide.
For I have discovered these things to be true;
A man must have two, mayhap three things in life to be truly happy.
A good weapon at his side.
A virtuous wife, if he can find her.
A quver full of children.
Sadly, I only have one;
A good weapon at my side.
Garret Arroway
The Wolfling
Mini-mod

Human, Kyranian

« Reply #1693 on: December 28, 2009, 01:50:01 PM »

I grew up with guys as one of the guys. All but maybe 3 of my 17 or so characters are male. Heck I feel I kinda fail at writing for the female characters. Though of course I probably fail at writing for the male characters as well.

Before you kill him, think of what you take from him. Remember what it is to be alive.
Quote: Robin Hobb
Aerein the Vigilant
New Santharian

Human/Erpheronian

« Reply #1694 on: December 28, 2009, 11:59:49 PM »

...what abs?  Rolling

my newest creation...a celtic/fantasy-scottish soon-to-be warrior, Oighan (sp?) MacForbis...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 05:38:00 AM by Aerein the Vigilant » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 129   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]