Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 129   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What santharians really look like!  (Read 251918 times)
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #1695 on: December 29, 2009, 01:38:23 PM »

Ooooo! A KILT! Are you wearing anything beneath it?  evil

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Aerein the Vigilant
New Santharian

Human/Erpheronian

« Reply #1696 on: December 29, 2009, 09:26:24 PM »

weeell, wouldn´t you like to know?  azn

In Queprurs name, the heretics shall fall like wheat before my scythe!
Jenna Silverbirch
Wandering Storyteller
Approved Character

Hafling, Dogodan

« Reply #1697 on: December 30, 2009, 02:49:26 AM »

Aerien, that kilt actually suits you rather well - maybe you should think about wearing it out and about... LOL

Aww, Sylv, I was wondering what you looked like, and now I know :) And what's all that nonsense about unattractive glory? My first thought was: how cute! Don't put yourself down, my friend. There's no such thing as ugly or unattractive in my opinion, only different perceptions of what looks good.

As for crossplaying- of all the santh characters I've actually started writing (and that's a fair few) only two are female. Jenna included. And neither of them are particularly feminine. I suppose whether you feel comfortable playing the opposite gender comes down to your personality. I personally find writing from a male point of view very easy, and very enjoyable, as right from the start you're forced to try and think a little differently to your own usual way of looking at the world, which I find to be half the fun of roleplaying. But then, I've always got on well with boys, kinda like garret, and have lots of male friends, though I can be very girly at times.
Anyway, Fu put all that down far more eloquently than I :D

And now for some pictures of me, in all my vanity... I find preening and posing in front of a camera does great things for your self esteem buck

My hair was looking nice a while back, so a took a few of these pictures

Hot damn! Look out, I'm an eighties new romantic throwback, leather jacket and DMs and all!

Why yes, I did get some lovely new boots for Christmas and then refused to take them off all day, posing all the time.

And yes, I am moderately short and in possession of chubby baby face.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 02:57:59 AM by Jenna Silverbirch » Logged

The world’s so full of wonder, it’d be a shameful waste to live without seeing as much of it as you could’ve.
Jenna Silverbirch -  Burrow by the Sea - Jenna's hobbit hole
Jenna's Creations
Aerein the Vigilant
New Santharian

Human/Erpheronian

« Reply #1698 on: December 30, 2009, 03:01:04 AM »

nawww...now those are some cheeks i´d like to pinch  evil

this kilt makes such ridiculously broad hips...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 03:06:45 AM by Aerein the Vigilant » Logged

Fu Luft
Befuddled Spellblower
Mini-mod

Human, Avennorian/ Eyelian

« Reply #1699 on: December 30, 2009, 07:09:58 PM »

I think this thread conclusively proves that Santharians are more good-looking than the rest of creation.

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Mini-mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #1700 on: December 31, 2009, 12:53:19 AM »

I don't know, personally I think my muse is a woman. *Shrugs* Viable female characters pop into my head all the time, and had 6 female characters going while I was roleplaying in GuildWars a while back. They just seem to spill out of my head naturally. I do have great trouble with male persona however, so I think for me the gender separation allows the character to become that something else without drawing to heavily on me and in so doing becoming me.
Azhira Styralias
Shamaness
Approved Character

Half-elf, Aellenrhim/ Erpheronian

« Reply #1701 on: December 31, 2009, 12:58:48 AM »

Oh so cute, Jenna! I had no idea.  cool

To add to the discussion on cross-playing, I have three male characters and four female. I am comfortable playing either gender since the character is someone in my imagination. I see it as a creative outlet and a separate person, not a gender. Of course, I use and play with a female character most often (Azhira) but am always ready to play one of my male CDs in a story. I often create male and female figures on the dev board as well.

Many authors of both genders create opposite gender main characters - JK Rowling's Harry Potter or Stephen King's Christine. In fact, a true story about King is that his wife encouraged him to write Christine even though he thought his own depictions of girls was in bad taste (he wrote a scene about Christine's first menstruation and how she was ridiculed, thus giving her part of the motive to get revenge and kill everyone later on). His wife said he wrote females very well. The book went on to become a huge success.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 01:46:03 AM by Azhira Elrosse » Logged

"Be still and I shall calm your mind and mend your broken body."
Seh'nara Celebrindal
Swift Ranger
CD Mod

Elf, Tethinrhim

« Reply #1702 on: December 31, 2009, 09:38:48 PM »

Well, I went to New Zealand for Christmas; spent about a week there. It was AWESOME. The scenery was absolutely beautiful, especially for someone who lives in a city. Mountains everywhere, and fields of flowers and an absolutely glorious sky. heart Anyway, here are some pics of my trip! :D

The weather there is perfect for roses. There are rose gardens everywhere. Plenty of different roses, all in full bloom. Pink and white and red.

I also went and stood on Fox Glacier. It was awesome. They took me up in a helicopter. Great fun. :D

And then there was Mirror Lake, where on a calm day, you supposedly could see the mountains' reflections on the surface of the lake. I couldn't, though. It was windy at that time. :(

That's Mount Cook in the background. It was a fantastic day; barely any clouds. Great view of the mountains.

And they have flowers everywhere. Flowers in a barrel, flowers in the fields, flowers by the roadside... even had it in a wagon! And in a park in Christchurch, they have a clock made out of flowers. A working clock, may I add. Shocked

The trip was awesome. New Zealand was absolutely glorious. And when I get older, I'm gonna go back and do paragliding and skydiving. But of course, when I'm older. And when I actually have the cash. ;)

Aerein the Vigilant
New Santharian

Human/Erpheronian

« Reply #1703 on: December 31, 2009, 10:34:28 PM »

Seh, i must say you are a very attractive young woman ^^ ...and seemingly obsessed with flowers o.O

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #1704 on: January 01, 2010, 03:31:26 AM »

Seh, I am so immensely jealous you got to go to NZ! The mountains are beautiful there, and I loved Fox Glacier! heart

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Seh'nara Celebrindal
Swift Ranger
CD Mod

Elf, Tethinrhim

« Reply #1705 on: January 04, 2010, 05:37:28 PM »

@ Aerein: Thanks. :) I'm pretty excited when I see flowers, cause I hardly see any where I'm at. Mostly loads of trees and bushes and grass, but not much of flowers in bloom.

@ Kali: Yeah, it was awesome. You should totally go if you have the chance! I went to the South, which has better scenery than the North. Or at least, that's what people say. ;)

Ylaya
Temptress
Approved Character

Elf, Coór'hém

« Reply #1706 on: January 05, 2010, 02:51:50 AM »

When I can get enough money and a work placement I am leaving England for New Zealand, maybe in about 5 years, still ain't done university yet though  Roll Eyes. I want to live on the beach, on the coast with clean air all the time. Personally I think NZ would be good because it has a similiar climate to where I come from. Plus there are loads of energy firms to work for and I doin Geography.  The people are probably 20X times better than in England. Some of the people in England are the scum of the earth, community in some places gone to hell. I come from an alright area, but England to me is a shadow of it's former glory.

Sylvia Palinor
Masked Huntress
Approved Character

Half-elf-Tethinrhim/Avennorian

« Reply #1707 on: January 05, 2010, 10:53:38 AM »

Wow Seh! You're very beautiful, and love the smile! It's ind of funny how your face and skin texture look kind of the same as your character portrait's.

"Sympathy is a luxury I simply cannot afford, for in the death of others do I make my living."

Sylvia Palinor
Seh'nara Celebrindal
Swift Ranger
CD Mod

Elf, Tethinrhim

« Reply #1708 on: January 05, 2010, 07:51:57 PM »

Awh, thanks, Sylv. :D I actually didn't realise that. Heh. Maybe it's cause we're both fair? My avvie is prettier than my last one though. The last time I changed it was at least a couple of years back. XD

Damien Scar
Commander of the Gates
Approved Character

« Reply #1709 on: January 05, 2010, 11:22:22 PM »

I have always said and will continue to do so; the ladies of Santh put most of the ladies of the earth to shame and that includes so called "super models and actressess"

The pictures of NZ Seh, I will treasure as I do Hylphan's pics. Since I know that in my lifetime I will never be able to travel I love pics of different places that actually have names to them. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing those pics Seh.

Aer, I thought only women thought about broad hips as detrimental. I , on the other hand think a woman with hips are better than those without. Of course I like all women: some more than others.

Capher/Damien

I have travelled far and wide.
And Foiro's must have been my guide.
For I have discovered these things to be true;
A man must have two, mayhap three things in life to be truly happy.
A good weapon at his side.
A virtuous wife, if he can find her.
A quver full of children.
Sadly, I only have one;
A good weapon at my side.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 129   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]