Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

gfx gfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register    gfx gfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!
Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ala "The Hobbit"  (Read 82 times)
Helvíl
The Cold Pilgrim
Approved Character

Half-Elf, Korweynite/ Kaýrrhem

« on: September 12, 2007, 02:49:34 PM »

I just thought of something. A story about retrieving a family heirloom from a thief but of course there will be surprises. Just a note, it is all about retrieving the object, looking for the thief and looking for (oopss this part is a surprise)...

Those who thirst for blood and those who wants challenge will fit perfectly here! There will be a lot of surprises and the plot is flexible so that even if you do something that might be out of the plot... It will be okay! Also there will be subplot for every character  ;)

The company might even play in the Highlands of Tandal  ;)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 03:21:14 PM by Helvíl » Logged

"Twice now that I have turned my back, there will be no third"
"Helvíl Ypheren"
Niccoli Faust
Paél'raín
Approved Character

Elf, Sanhorrhim

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 03:03:41 PM »

"AH RUN AWAY! IT'S ANOTHER ARTIFACT STORY"

This covers my reaction.
Helvíl
The Cold Pilgrim
Approved Character

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 03:10:24 PM »

Just a note... It is more on chasing the thief than the artifact and besides not all family heirlooms have to be artifacts.... Another thing... I reall don't want to give out the current plot so I won't tell you if this is an artifact or not...

"Helvíl Ypheren"
Kalína Mërénwèn
Bringer of Song and Dreams
Admin

Elf, Mélad'rhím/ Injerín

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 11:00:23 PM »

I think it is a good idea Helvil, but Niccoli is right in a way. Most stories are out to find an object and the plotline as a whole tends to get redundant.

Now, since is slightly different from that of chasing and artifact, perhaps detailing the story a bit more will give us a better idea of what you intend with this plot.

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Lady Kalina
Helvíl
The Cold Pilgrim
Approved Character

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 12:12:17 AM »

Well this story would be very interesting especially for those warrior types of character  ;) ....
I cannot deny that a part of the plot revolves around an object, a family heirloom although it has no special property
only sentimental value to the family. They posted a sign (or something) asking for adventurers to retrieve this heirloom for them from a servant who stole it from them years ago. Now that they have found the thief's hideout, they are ready to retrieve what was lost from them, though they cannot do it since it might get dangerous along the way which would be the Tandala Highlands.
I have a surprised for the characters, we might even pass the Highlands or around it, it depends.

Event A:
If we reach the thief, there will be a big surprise to the  players since he does not have the heirloom anymore... Where is it? (You will find out)

EventB:
There might be some things along the way which might force us to take detours...

One thing is that the group might split into several (maybe 2-3) groups because of a particular event though you decide if you want to let your character to be heroic or just be a coward and run away.

Of course... It will be boring if we don't have some competition right? Well let's just say that another family heard about the announcement of the other family and well they though it was reallly a treasure. So they too sent their own people to seek for this treasure.                 

I am still fleshing out the story (in my mind, I am really not fond of writing in paper) on why would the company do that, why didn't just they turn back, or why didn't they run away? (Questions Questions...)

So that's my basic plotline and No I am not copying the double party of *Veskie*  :P Hehehehehe... Okay maybe a little but Honest its different because uhhh... wait I am thinking of a reason..... Got it! The other party is not evil, merely people who are blinded by either pity or greed  ;)

P.S. CHaracter's might change parties if they want as long as the two parties are near each other.
P.S.S Each character might be given their own subplots (example; Character one found out the true reason of the quest of party b so she or he left party B to seek her own way but she doesn't want to leave the story so she will be given a subplot.. so maybe she might stumble upon the party A...

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
So is that enough for a thriller? But it might take a while since and might only gather small amounts of players even with two party system.... But I have a different Criteria on who might get into the story.... This is my first time to hold a story so... Don't expect too much...!

"Helvíl Ypheren"
Niccoli Faust
Paél'raín
Approved Character

Elf, Sanhorrhim

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 01:32:02 AM »

Helvil. You might need some plugs. This idea doesn't hold water. There's no... how'd you say it... fluidity to it, things need more reason behind them. You don't need to stick your fingers in everything.
Helvíl
The Cold Pilgrim
Approved Character

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 01:30:26 PM »

That is why I am currently thinking of these reason....

"Helvíl Ypheren"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
Members
Total Members: 14750
Latest: WastelandWarrior
Stats
Total Posts: 130044
Total Topics: 4666