* 
Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?


*
gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize


Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hour 1  (Read 18651 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Kareesh Valendar
Hatred's Fury
CD Mod
****
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 2220


Elf, Arthyron


Homepage
« on: September 28, 2007, 12:17:25 AM »

The howling wind causes the dark clouds in the sky to move quickly. It also causes the old sign hanging on the outside of a building to creak madly. Just barely readable, the sign says "The Ulvur's Cry". Below the words, one can barely make out the silhouette of an Ulvur in the man-wolf form howling.

The outside of the building looks as though no one has lived or used it for many years. Yet, from the dusty windows a small light can be seen. There are no lights coming from any of the windows upon the second floor.

There is a small stable to the right of the building, but the roof seems to be falling off and the hay seems as though it hasn't been changed in years.

It was this inn that Menora came. She was grumbling under her breath as she didn't want to come here. It was only because the other inn in town, the "Golden Cup" said that they were full. Looking up at the old building, she wondered if it was going to be worth the sans to stay here. A brief moment she thought about turning around and sleeping in some alley of Cleops, but then she glanced at the sky.

"I don't much like those clouds," she thought as she started to walked to the door. "I just hope that the roof in here doesn't leak.

Pushing the door was a difficult task as the wind pushed against it. Menora struggled for a bit, spitting a bit as her golden hair got in her face. Finally she managed to get the door open and slided into the lobby of the tavern.

The inside didn't look much better then the outside. The walls were stained from something that Menora thought it best not to think about. Some of the glasses behind the bar showed large amounts of dust. The chairs and tables looked fine as well as the somewhat-cheerful fire burning in the fireplace.

Looking around, she didn't see anyone. "Hello?" she said gently, but didn't think anyone could have heard her over the racket the wind outside was making.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 12:20:00 AM by Kareesh Valendar » Logged

Inkear
Tís'áel
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 123


Cat, Wilderon


Homepage
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 08:11:12 PM »

Inkear slunk out of the forest, wandering towards the twowalker buildings idly. He spotted a twowalker struggling with a... what was the word. Big piece of tree, with bits of metal... Door! The twowalker was trying to open a door. It was cold outside, all the prey had started going down into it's dens and burrows for the winter, the forest wasn't nice looking, with all the leeves turned brown and fallen on the ground. And it was looking like it was about to rain."Cold! I don't like the cold! Get inside twowalker place? Yah! Yah! That's a good idea!"
Inkear dashed for the swiftly closing door, looking like a grey and brown blur as the door closed. Inkear pawed at the door, noisily.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 04:40:38 AM by Inkear » Logged
Angela
Guest
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 08:51:46 PM »

Angela ran towards a big tree to hide from the cold breeze of the day. She embraces herself and said,"I do not like the sky or the sound of the wind! It might rain and the inn on the other side of this town is already full."

It is true! Most of the inns on the other side of the town are already full. She tried to look for an empty tavern or an inn to stay for the night but she could not find any.

While shivering in the cold wind, she noticed a figure of a woman forcing her way against the door of an old house. "I hope it is an empty inn or at least a house that will take me for the night. I cannot stand this horrible wind," she said while running towards the door. She pushed the door opened and it made a creaking sound but at least she was able to shield herself from the cold wind outside.

"Hello?" said the woman that she saw a while ago. She went to her and said "Is this your house madam? I am sorry for the intrusion but if I may, can I stay here for the night? The wind outside is strong and cold, and the inns around this town are already full." 
Logged
Rookie Brownbark
Skydiver
Mini-mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1686


Brownie, Llaoihrr


« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 09:13:20 PM »

Rookie and Ekre soared uncontrollably through the winds; the Brownie clinging onto the bird’s slick-feathered back, barely able to stay airborne let alone steer her ragged looking mount.  They were not having a good day; en route to delivering one of her messages to some lady in the nearby town these winds had built up, gradually carrying them along faster and faster until Rookie had lost her sense of direction completely.

Suddenly she spotted a light glinting from a building down below, and quickly pushed the falcon towards it before they sailed past.  The bird screeched in protest as she tried to turn against the battering air, but lost her balance and tumbled, Rookie still clinging to her, towards the ground.  Bird and master landed in an ungainly heap in front of the building with the light, bruised but unbroken; their fall having been partially slowed by the gale itself.

Ekre immediately tried to stand up, dumping Rookie on the ground once more and screeching again in her annoyance.  Her usually-smooth grey feathers were crumpled upwards in odd places; it was clear that they would get no further tonight.

Rookie picked herself up and tried to calm Ekre with a little dried meat from her pack.  The bird gobbled the nutritious sliver down without hesitation, but still would not let her master come closer, afraid that her master wanted to fly again.

Knowing there was very little point in taking her irritation out on the bird, Rookie instead looked towards the inn’s door, about 10 peds from where they were now standing.  There was a dark shape sitting at the front of the door, but as the Brownie squinted in the darkness, trying to figure out what it was, another figure (human this time) appeared from behind a tree and entered the building.  A sign creaked ominously as she made her cautious way towards the opening, watching out to see if the smaller shape was still there too.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 09:16:48 PM by Rookie Brownbark » Logged

Kaldez’Yadra
The Searcher
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 772


Human, Kasumarii


« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 04:54:14 AM »

As Kaldez walked he shifted his gaze for the grey sky, with it's omnously rainy look, he had never realy liked rain, it could be cold like snow, which did not bother him, but it was wet, so ungodly wet, to a creaky sign which said The Ulvur's Cry finaly, this place is not easy to find when no one will give you good directions. he sighed as he relaxed, he had not wanted to be caught in the rain. As he appraoched the only inn with any room lef tin it, though dank and run down it was the last sanctuary left to him, he saw a bird walking laong the ground and next to it a bareley visible creature, it looked human, but it was to small O what are they called ah yes brownies! he appraoched the miniscule creature, he was unsure of its gender do to it's small size. "Excuse me...Misss?... Do you need help getting to the inn there if so i can bring you and your ruffled freind there without you encountering any trouble from that cat at the door their?" He had noticed the cat while talking to the small, women he was pretty sure now, and realized it might cause her troubles, the poor cat probably just wanted to get inside, he would let it in when he reached the building.
Logged

Nothing is impossible for impossibility is impossible- Kaldez'Yadra
Inkear
Tís'áel
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 123


Cat, Wilderon


Homepage
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 06:46:49 AM »

Inkear continued to paw at the closed, door. He'd had to leap aside from the doorway as one of the twowalkers had uncerimoniously opened the door and closed it again, not giving the poor cat a moment's respite from the winds that were howling about out of doors. A second twowalker approached, and started talking to a very short twowalker, and.. a big bird. "Why is the twowalker talking to the bird? I'm much more interesting than some excuse for an egg layer!" Inkear toddled towards the short twowalker, announcing his prescense with a loud "Meow!".
Logged
Gervase Bertrand
Fire Mage
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 290


Human, Centoraurian


« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 06:51:09 AM »

Gervase took one last look at his old worn map before stuffing it back into its leather case.  “That must be the worst map I have ever used,” he said with a look of disgust across his pale face.  He pulled the hood of his cloak over his head only to have it blown off again.

He peered up into the darkening sky and saw that clouds that sped by as if rushing to leave the young mage behind.  The raven dark hair on the man’s head blew wildly about and his robe clung to him from the steady wind.

I know I must be close but this does not seem right,” Gervase said and he squinted his eyes against the howling wind.

Ahead of him, he could see dilapidated building in need of the care occupants might bring. “That cannot be the inn my uncle mentioned,” he said out loud to no one in particular.

He tucked his head down and headed across the ground in his riding boots towards the building to get a better look.  An old wooden sign blew violently in the wind bearing the words “The Ulvers Cry” but were barely legible from wear and the mad rocking back and forth upon its creaky mountings.  Beneath the words was the image of what seemed to be a man of the race mentioned above howling as the wind did now about the young mage's ears.

To his surprise a light still shown within the forsaken in as if beckoning him in the foul weather outside.  About the build were other smaller ones which, at the moment, Gervase had no need for only to come inside before he himself would be carried away but the blusters of the wind.

Shadows seemed to move about inside as if other customers had already sought refuge within the in and the blue eyed mage thought he might too.   He walked the remainder of the steps to the entrance and pushed with his shoulder against the stubborn door until it resisted no further and swung inward upon its squeaky metal hinges.

Shadowed by the dim light he could make out the forms of others that occupied the space within.  Cautiously he entered and the tried to shut the door with as much dignity as he could before the wind pulled it from his hand and slammed it shut against its frame.

The man tried to straighten his matted and blown hair but to no avail.  Slowly he walked, his boots clanking against the floor as he approached the shadowy figures, I do hope they are friendly, he thought his head still diverted towards the worn wooden surface beneath his feet.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 01:45:17 AM by Gervase Bertrand » Logged

"Fire is like the mind:
It can simmer like hot coals when at rest,
Burn fervently with passion,
Sputter and hiss with anger,
Dance with joy,
And Dazzle with wisdom."
Vincent Varkatzas
Nighttime Drifter
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 193


Human, Kasumarii


« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 09:43:53 AM »

Vincent stared at the sky with a look of disgust.Rain of all things! Could it get any worse? He thought to himself. He heard the creaking of a sign and headed toward it. Good its a inn! he thought as he saw the building. The sign read The Ulvers Cry. He pushed open the door and walked inside- glad to finally escape the wind. With a bit of struggle he closed the door and looked at the other patrons of the inn. They looked as windblown as he did. "Greetings", He said loud enough to be heard over the wind outside.
Logged

Yes, right now I say farewell
but one day I will return with a smile
as I spit on your grave!

Vincent Varkatzas
Malavon Despana
Wizard's Bane
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 359


Maelf , Helcrani Sanhorrhim


« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 09:52:02 AM »

A dark figure appeared near a sign that said " The Ulvur´s Cry " , a white pearl smile appeared on the man face .
Good , at least there is a tabern in this forsaken road , i was begining to think that man was joking about it ... , in front of the tabern there was a man talking to a small creature what the !! Now that is a thing i don´t see everyday ... , smilling he nooded to both and opened the door.

Malavon entered watching its surroundings with a grin of amusement ,as he look the patrons , quite an interesting group.
However his attention focused on one patron in particular , a nervous raven hair man Jumpy that one , but there is something in him ... Bah no matter . , smilling he raised his voice " Greetings good people , a hell of weather no ?"
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 04:10:03 PM by Malavon Despana » Logged

Ill give you a moment to comfort each others before I end your pathetic lives !!

Malavon The Mage Killer
Angela
Guest
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2007, 12:47:00 PM »

Angela is still waiting for the reply of the woman in front of her when she was caught surprised by a sudden bang! She quickly turned around expecting things but instead she saw someone. The light inside was dim and she could not see very well but she tried to look at the figure more closely. The figure slowly walked towards them with his boots disturbing the silence of the place.

She slowly draw her sword with her hands shaking and prepared herself. 'Who is he or maybe who is she?' she thought to herself. Her thoughts were disturbed when she heard another creaking sound followed by a word "Greetings"

Logged
Rainier
Shadow Ranger
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 286


Elf, Tiraelhon/ Eophyrhim


« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2007, 12:57:03 PM »

It had been a long night and so far all of the inn's that Rainier had went to were full. He had walked around some more and spotted another building that looked like an inn but was run down. He walked to it and realized that it was an in with a stable. He took Night into the stable and realized that the hay must be really old. "I'm sorry Night but this is the best we can do for the night I promise you that I will get you some better food as soon as I can."

After putting Night into the stables he walked towards the door and tried to push it open. It was an old door and seemed to be a little stuck, he put a little bit more effort into it and it finally opened. As he walked in he saw that there was already people in here. "Looks like we found a place to stay Star." He walked in a little more and closed the door. Looking around for someone that looked like the owner of the inn he didn't spot anyone right off the bat so he started to walk towards the people "Hello fellow travelers."
Logged

The sword is a weapon for killing...the art of the sword...is the art of killing.  No matter what fancy words..you use...or what titles you put to it...that is the only truth  -Rurouni Kenshin  Raniers CD
Rookie Brownbark
Skydiver
Mini-mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1686


Brownie, Llaoihrr


« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2007, 04:56:36 PM »

Rookie jumped so high that she was nearly carried away by the wind once more; a man had appeared seemingly out of nowhere, the tread of his footfalls covered by the whistling weather.  The little Brownie's hand automatically reached towards the dagger in the folds of her clothes, but they were so disarrayed that she couldn't reach it.  She stood, frozen to the spot, as the man spoke.

 "Excuse me...Misss?... Do you need help getting to the inn there if so i can bring you and your ruffled freind there without you encountering any trouble from that cat at the door their?"

Rookie relaxed immediatly; he actually wanted to help and her she was trying to threaten him with her tiny thorn of a knife. 

"Tat woul' be verry verry kind, meister."  The little Brownie said with obvious relief, hopping towards him and beconing Ekre to do the same.  "If you coul' carry me an' der bir', meybe it woul' be quickerr?" she suggested. The bird looked disgruntled, but hopped closer too, uncharacteristically allowing herself close enough to be picked up too.
Logged

Kaldez’Yadra
The Searcher
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 772


Human, Kasumarii


« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2007, 10:14:50 PM »

"Tat woul' be verry verry kind, meister." The brownie women said coming closer "If you coul' carry me an' der bir', meybe it woul' be quickerr?" Kaldez profered his finger to the bird so he could put it on his shoulder and his other hand to the brownie "It is nice to meet you, and be of aid miss, I am Kaldez'Yadra, but just Kaldez please" he wondered at her odd accent, he understood what she was saying buy it was almost a funny accent. "Meow" Kaldez glanced at the cat "O dont worry cat you can come in too."
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 12:22:30 AM by Kaldez’Yadra » Logged

Nothing is impossible for impossibility is impossible- Kaldez'Yadra
Daron Soulstealer
Immortal Avenger
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 47


Human, Erpheronian


« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2007, 11:09:16 PM »

"Damn horse!"  Daron muttered to himself, uttering the curse for the umpteenth time.  Why had he never learned to ride?  That was something he was going to have to remedy soon.

He stopped in the howling wind and arched his back, a twinge of pain accompanying it.  He then resumed his journey, limping somewhat, and he legs bowed as hi rear end was still sore.

He had bought a horse two days ago, spending almost all the money he had.  It was a good horse he had been told.  It should have been for what he paid for the damn thing!  He thought he would look more impressive as Daron Soulstealer riding a horse.  Trouble is, he had never ridden a horse before, and after two days in the saddle, his butt was the sorest piece of human flesh on the continent.  But that was not the worst of it.  Back about a stral, the wind had broken a large tree limb and sent it crashing to the ground in front of him.  Of course, the horse reared in fright, and Daron, unable to hang on, was thrown unceremoniously to the ground.  He didn't think he broke anything, but his pride was gone, and so was the horse.  At first, he thought maybe he had landed on the bag he carried over his shoulder, but a quick peek inside and the angry hisses and chattering of three very unhappy ferrets told him he had not.  Sighing, he had started along the path that brought him here.  Wherver here was.

The sign had said The Ulver's Cry.  It was as good a place as any to take shelter from the weather.  He looked at the building.  Then again.....  It did not look like much.  He glanced around, but there appeared to be no other alternatives.  He sighed and trudged on ahead, he hand moving over his rump to massage it.

He opened the door then entered, struggling against the wind.  Inside, it was warm, and there were a few patrons here.  The place did not look like much however.  As poor as it looked on the outside, the inside was worse.  Daron shivered.
Logged

Yarrow Graendathel
The Gandabout from Ylfferhim
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 67


Half-elf Ylfferhim / Erpheronian


« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2007, 01:04:45 AM »

"... Huh." Yarrow grunted as she wrapped herself with her cape. She put on her hood and continued walking amidst the gusting wind.
"How did I end up into this?" she whined. "Nobody told me the weather will be this bad today."

"As soon as I find an inn, I'm going to take a nice, long bath and then eat a hearty meal... and then i might write a new song... wait, i wonder if i still have some money left?" Yarrow thought aloud, and then stopped to listen. She thought she heard a crash - a tree, perhaps, and then a horse screaming in fright. That gave Yarrow chills running down her spine.

"Whoa." She whispered, and realized that someone might have been hurt. She ran to the direction where she heard the horse. She felt rain pouring down. Yarrow groaned as the cold intrigued her and stopped when she saw the broken branch.

When there was no one around, Yarrow looked up, wondering if the horse was just her imagination. Then she saw light not so far away from where she was. Despite of being tired, Yarrow ran again, not wanting to be soaked to the bone. She halted in front of a worn down building just in time to see a man entering it. She hestitated. The sign showed, "The Ulvur's Cry". She knew about ulvurs. And the name of the building did not sound too promising. But the man had entered the building without thinking over it (as she was doing now) and she saw through the dusty window that there were other people inside the building.

But Yarrow was not sure if this old, run-down building was a place where someone actually lived or made business of. Well, first of all, it looked really ominous, and who knows if something scary lur-.... oh. The thunder began to rumble.

"I don't know about this..." She sighed, but then she had no choice. She entered through the creaky door and realized that she almost bumped into the man who had previously entered before her.

"Eh..." She hestitated, and took off her hood to reveal her damp, strawberry-blond locks of hair. "Good day to you. Would you mind if I asked you a question.... Where is this place?" she asked the man.
Logged

Yarrow Graendathel
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]
Members
Total Members: 2849
Latest: abigailjordan
Stats
Total Posts: 214569
Total Topics: 8052
Online Today: 24
Online Ever: 216
(November 30, 2006, 09:08:03 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 47
Total: 47

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines
TinyPortal v0.9.8 © Bloc
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Theme based on Cerberus with Risen adjustments by Bloc and Krelia
Modified By Artimidor for The Santharian Dream
gfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx