Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hour 1  (Read 18652 times)
Cherri Rowandyn
Elemental Mage
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim / Ylfferhim / Sanhorrhim

« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2007, 01:11:58 PM »

Something out of the corner of her eye caught Cherri's attention.  She turned to see it fully and realized that it wasn't an it afterall but a human.  His hair was dark and his robes hung to his thin form.  She caught his small smile and returned it with one of her own.  Perhaps this was indeed a chance to make new acquaintances and perhaps even be blessed enough to make some friends, tho the setting was not ideal.  Still what was the ideal setting.  Cherri inclined her head in the man's direction and her violet eyes watched him as he took to a table and then removed a book of some sorts from his satchel and began to read.

Cherri looked back to the ginger haired man and hoped that he had heard her.  Taking another step back, other patrons began to fill the hole she left reminding her of how sand fills itself in when one makes a hole in the desert.  Smiling to herself at Cherri turned her violet eyes towards the human she had seen earlier.  She closed the distance between herself and the table only the whisper of her dress making any mention of her passing across the room.  Her eyes seemed to reflect the dancing fire light as she peered down at the human.  

"Excuse me sir, my name is Cherri, and I was wondering if I may sup with you this evening?"  

A loud sharp sound caused Cherri to turn her head back in the direction of the bar.  The mistress of the Inn had snapped closed the book.  Her voice was sharp and distinct tho her accent made it a but hard to discern what she was saying.  Cherri caught that apparently the kitchen and the bar would be opening soon.  The woman then went to a door and called for someone.  The loudness of the woman's voice caused Cherri's sensitive ears to ring slightly.  Then a tall hulking mass entered filling the doorway as he moved into the the Inn behind the bar.  Cherri was surprised that he fit behind the bar.  A scarlet streak caught her violet eyes which widened slightly.  The man was injured.  Apparently this worried the Mistress of the Inn as well.  Cherri had wondered early about the woman's stiff demeanour.  The Mistress possessed a sharp tongue and sharp wit and appeared as warm and friendly as the farthest reaches of Northern Sarvonia in the dead of winter would be to a naked being.  Cherri thought of the stories she had heard about barren frozen waste lands devoid of most life and thought that the analogy suited the Mistress well.  That was until she heard the concern in the woman's voice when she pointed out the wound on the other's face.  

The man, named Haz apparently or at least as she understood, quickly comforted the Mistress much to Cherri's relief.  Then the woman disappeared out the door Haz had recently occupied.  Apparently the Mistress felt that Haz was capable enough to handle the room full of patrons.  Cherri's eyes darted about looking for any who appeared to have trouble on their minds.  Then her attention was grabbed once more by the hulking mass of man as he spoke in  loud slow sort of voice.  He listed off the menu items pausing here and there.  Then announced he was ready to take their orders.  Cherri could tell that the man was not much in intelligence, but he made up for it more than likely in brute strength.  With the Mistress as his overseer, Cherri doubted that he needed to be high in intelligence.

Still something about the man touched a soft spot in Cherri's heart and when she overheard one of the other patrons making a joke at the man's expense her ire began to rise.  With but a few words she could choke the life from the self proclaimed hero.  Most hero's did not need to brag about themselves and most did not.  Most hero's didn't even consider themselves heroes at all.  This man on the other hand loudly proclaimed himself a hero.  Cherri took a deep steading breath and exhaled slowly.  Humans could be so vain at times and the more flamboyant they appeared the more they were usually trying to hide.

Cherri turned back to the table where the human man sat.  Cherri thought for a moment cocking her head to one side.  So many had been yelling their names out that she couldn't tell who was who...except for the ones that were female of course.  And that was only because their numbers were much smaller than the males.  

"Sir would you like for me to place an order for you as well.  I was about to make my way back to the bar and place an order for the Tulimon Grape Juice and Thyrón Chowder."  Cherri awaited the answer from the human bent over his book.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 01:12:58 PM by Cherri Rowandyn » Logged

Cherri Rowandyn
Keep your friends close; keep your enemies closer.
Yarrow Graendathel
The Gandabout from Ylfferhim
Approved Character

Half-elf Ylfferhim / Erpheronian

« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2007, 02:36:37 PM »

Yarrow finished ordering her food, and was conversing with Daron Soulstealer, when the man who had previously threatened the lady of the tavern came up. He had a slight smile that was very similar to Yarrows. Ones that look for amusement.

" Pardon me good friend but I couldn't stop to hear that we have a real life hero amongst us , and i wondered if i could buy you a drink and for the lady as well," the man then gave a quick look at the old woman and added " In the case that old harpy decides to open the damn bar... "

Yarrow silently chuckled. She noticed that Daron was smiling. A relieved smile. That made Yarrow even more doubtful.

Daron turned to the new patron.  "Of course, my good man.  Anyone that wants to buy me and my lovely companion here a drink, is more than welcome at my table.  And as long as your buying, you are welcome to stay."   Daron laughed, and Yarrow faked a smile politely. She didn't think Daron meant what he complimented her. She guessed he just said it to win her over.

Daron then turned to Yarrow with a dashing smile. "Yes, I do believe I will order, and I look forward to getting your name."

Then he turned to Haz.   "So, Haz, if the old biddy could speak proper Tharian, what would your name really be?  Hans?  Hank?"   He glanced back at Yarrow and their new companion with a conspiratorial wink.  "Olaf?"  He began to chuckle at the big oaf's expense.

Yarrow glanced at Daron uncomfortably. This fool might start a tavern brawl if he doesn't be careful. She cast down her eyes and smiled, and went to sit on an empty table, and motioned both Daron and the new stranger to sit. She hoped Haz wouldn't take what Daron said as a provocation.

Yarrow turned to the new companion. "I am very pleased to meet you, sir," she smiled.

Just then she saw something flash out from the table, and dissapear. She blinked. Just when she was about to comment, Daron's bag began to bulge uncontrollably. Daron knocked it, and it soon became silent.

"... Huh?"

Yarrow raised an eyebrow questioningly as Daron looked at her sheepishly and poked the bag once more.

Yarrow Graendathel
Gervase Bertrand
Fire Mage
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2007, 03:12:56 AM »

”Excuse me sir,” a melodic voice said interrupting his quiet reading, “my name is Cherri, and I was wondering if I may sup with you this evening?"

The dark haired mage felt his nervousness begin to surface like flames engulfing tender. He stiffened slightly in response to the voice and he gripped his book tighter causing in pale fingers to become even whiter. He raised deep blue eyes from the parchment pages and saw the violent eyed elfess bathed in the firelight that brightened the room.  A timid smile crossed his face and he gently closed the small leather bound book he held.

Before Gervase could respond to the woman’s request he heard the mistress of the tavern billowed to her help and a clatter that pulled his attention.  He looking directly at the grey haired woman as she stood holding open the door of the kitchen.

"Haz...Iz....iz it dat," Amelia questioned looking into the room beyond.

As she spoke the massive, giant like figure engulfed the doorway.  Blood ran from what appeared to be a fresh break in the skin that covered his cheek slowing creeping down towards his jaw. He presumed the man’s name was Haz from what the woman had said but of what race or tribe he belonged he was not sure. The man assured the grey haired woman ‘it’ was under control.

For a moment the mage furrowed his brow as he pondered what this ‘it’ might be. He thought that this ‘it’ had apparently injured the massive man.  The mage noted that the apparently fearless Amelia seemed to be so concerned about whatever this ‘it’ was.

The mistress informed Haz that visitors were present and desired food and drink.  Understanding the woman’s instruction he moved behind the bar and informed the guests of what was available for refreshment.

As the man finished speaking Cherri spoke again to the mage, "Sir would you like for me to place an order for you as well.  I was about to make my way back to the bar and place an order for the Tulimon Grape Juice and Thyrón Chowder."
The young mage nodded towards the woman with a timid smile.  He enjoyed watching the dancing flames as they played across the face of the elfess and the internal fire that danced within her own eyes.

“Why, yes Lady Cherri," he said, “it would be an honor to share a meal with you.  My name is Gervase Bertrand at your service,” he paused a moment thinking about what to order, “I will also accept your gracious offer to place my order as well.  The Tulimon Grape Juice and Thyrón Chowder sound perfect for such an even so I will have the same.”
To be honest Gervase was not sure what food he should choose.  After hearing some of the dishes available he had almost lost his apatite.  How could one ruin the chowder, he reasoned, unless on purpose.

He took in a deep breath and nodded, “I am not always sure what to order. . . the food often appears much different then one imagines from their discriptions.”
He thought about how his sessions with the elven female gifted in Eyash had helped to alleviate some of his excruciating shyness.  The mage still was shrouded in self doubt and could easily be shaken by his insecurities but, at least for the moment, his insecurities were held at bay.   

"Fire is like the mind:
It can simmer like hot coals when at rest,
Burn fervently with passion,
Sputter and hiss with anger,
Dance with joy,
And Dazzle with wisdom."
Kaldez’Yadra
The Searcher
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2007, 04:36:44 AM »

Kaldez listened as the giant man said what could be had from this... interesting establishment, then waited for the people talking to the man to say what they wanted before getting up as he approached the bar he said "I would like the Garthook Stew with Celeste Red beans and a Tulimon grape Juice sir." Kaldez's voice was neutal empty of emotion and his Cold blue eyes unafraid, the man was large but he was like a rat comapared to a White Bear, next top that woman, when it came down to the factor of fear. There was just..somethihng about that sharp eyed woman that was... eerie.

Nothing is impossible for impossibility is impossible- Kaldez'Yadra
Angela
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2007, 06:26:57 AM »

Angela was still sitting down in one of the  dakr corners of the room when the old lady called her servant. Then, a giagantic figure appeared in the hallway which made Angela terrified. The huge man or at least that is what she thought he was, has blood in his cheeks.

Disugsted on what she had seen, she whispered, "What is this place?"

Then the woman gave a series of meals which the patrons could enjoy but Angela's appetite was lost because of her thoughts on what might have been used in those meals.
Korim
Eye of Death
Approved Character

Psyrpent

« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2007, 01:22:21 PM »

The room booked, Kori retreated to the back of the common room and found a dark corner to watch the other inhabitants while they made orders for food. He'd make his own in a minute, but for now he'd just watch and observe.

First of all, despite her frizzy appearance, the keeper of this place seemed...dangerous. With her sharp, unshakable manner she had set nearly every person in this place on edge, and yet maintained a measure of control even over the rowdy ones.

Her servant...Haz...no brains. He appeared threatening, but wouldn't be much of a challenge in a fight, or so the psyrpent was willing to wager.

The others...what a motley collection of people. Elves, humans and animals of all sorts. A braggart in one corner, a foolish female already trying to attract a mate...at a time like this too! Why did he have to share a tavern with such a group of disgusting people?

He eyed the girl he had planned on robbing earlier and wondered if it would be worth the risk to try again. Well, why not? Wait till later. If she didn't take a male to her bed, no reason not to slit her throat in her sleep and make his way out a window.

He wondered briefly, however, how such a crew of folks could be here all at the same time, on the same night. Was it fate? Some unseen force at work? Was the weather all that could be blamed? How was that possible?

A sliver of fear, barely noticed but still real, planted itself in a dark corner of his reptilian heart, waiting to grow...he stamped at it and made it be silent, huddling in his dark tavern corner and waiting for Haz to finish with the others so that he could get a bite to eat, or at least something to drink.

The Eye of the Exiled Triumvirate
Malavon Despana
Wizard's Bane
Approved Character

Maelf , Helcrani Sanhorrhim

« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2007, 11:42:36 PM »

So this is Haz , interesting ... , Malavon observed carefully the giant of a man and smilled  when he heard Daron making fun of him , Idiot ... That giant seems rather dumb but if he gets that Daron is taking a laught at his expense we will have one less hero around ...

As the lady ordered and seated , she motioned for Malavon and Daron to seat , Malavon turned to Haz and asked " Ill have the same as the lady , friend "
Seating he heard the lady asking  "I am very pleased to meet you, sir,", Malavon then gave one of his friendly smiles and said "And i am pleased to meet you as well my lady and please call me Malavon , sir makes me sound rather old ..."
But Malavon concentrate his attention on Daron , he called himself a hero but there was something not right , first was the fact Malavon heard that Daron Soulstealer was an elf , second this man hands were far from being ones of a swordsman and third , what hero would proclame himself one ?
Malavon continued to observe Daron

Ill give you a moment to comfort each others before I end your pathetic lives !!

Malavon The Mage Killer
Angela
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2007, 12:34:31 AM »

Angela looked from side to side to search for a companion to talk to but most of the patrons are quite busy with other people. But she spot one, a creature that she only had heard from the tales of Sarvonia.

She thought to herself, 'I see that both of us have no company. Maybe I would enjoy his company! Those stories about this creature's fierceness ae surely just exageration of bards!"

She gathere her things and walked towards the creature. She passed the other patrons and some animals along the way.

She presented her hand for a shake from the creature. "I am Angela. I see that both of us have no one to be with," she said with a smile. "I am sure that I would enjoy your company though I am not sure if you will enjoy mine!"
Korim
Eye of Death
Approved Character

Psyrpent

« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2007, 06:46:12 AM »

For one of the few times in his life, Kori was completely taken aback.

What to do? Ignoring her obviously wouldn't help: he'd specifically isolated himself from the rest and she had still pointedly made her way to his corner of the tavern.

This had to be one of the most naive humans he had ever encountered; he eyed Angela's hand suspiciously, then waved her to a seat across from him without bothering to shake it.

His face shrouded in the in the shadowy confines of his hood, he stared across at her, neither moving nor attempting communication.

Angela
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2007, 10:50:19 AM »

The creature gestured for her to sit across him. Her hand was completely ignored not bothering to shake it.

'He seems troubled,' she thought to hereself. She sat down on the sit across the table and placed her thins on the floor next to her.

"I am Angela," she said. "This Tavern is quite uncomfortable is one was a lone. Do you wish to have some drinks? But before that, what is your name?"

She placed her hand over the table and look at the creatures face which was hidden by the shadows of the tavern and of his cloak. 

"Why do you fear to show your face?" she asked the creature in front of her. She smiled once more. She is really excited about meeting a new friend, especially from a new culture.
Yarrow Graendathel
The Gandabout from Ylfferhim
Approved Character

Half-elf Ylfferhim / Erpheronian

« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2007, 04:23:59 PM »

"And i am pleased to meet you as well my lady and please call me Malavon , sir makes me sound rather old ..."

Yarrow smiled politely and nodded. "Malavon."

Yarrow was glancing at Daron when she saw that Malavon was looking at him the same way she was. She now was certain that Malavon had the same goal as she did: to expose Daron. For Yarrow, it was simply for amusement, but Malavon's reason to spy on Daron might be different from her. Nevertheless, she didn't think that this was the right time to tell Malavon about what she really intended. Maybe later, but not now.

Yarrow Graendathel
Korim
Eye of Death
Approved Character

Psyrpent

« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2007, 04:29:11 AM »

For a very brief moment, if he could have, Kori would have spluttered.

Then again, if offering his name meant she'd pay for refreshment, it might be an acceptable exchange - she seemed naive enough to be easily manipulated.

He began scribbling out his order when she became truly impertinent.

"Why do you fear to show your face?"

His scribbling stopped very briefly, wondering how best to answer the question. Then he finished and passed the parchment across the table to her.

Kori will suffice for my name.
Tuborger Brown would be acceptable.
Showing you my face would be dangerous for you.

The last statement was true, in an indirect sense - he'd let her think of the hows and whys on her own.

Cherri Rowandyn
Elemental Mage
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim / Ylfferhim / Sanhorrhim

« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2007, 11:54:40 AM »

The Tavern began to buzz with the sound of the other patrons making acquaintances if for nothing else than to ease the discomfort of the evening.  The shadows flickered and played tricks on ones eyes and cobwebs hung abandoned in the corners and from the rafters.  The Inn did not emit an air of friendliness...matter of fact it was quite the opposite.  There was an air of foreboding that hung thick in the air as if it commanded a life of its own and sought to extinguish that of others.

A warm if not hesitant voice brought Cherri from her musings.  She hadn't realized by she had fixated her eyes on a point of the wall behind the human's shoulder.  Her senses now regained and focused upon the human before her she heard him introduce himself.

She was pleased that he seemed friendly.  As Cherri briefly looked around the room it appeared to her that not everyone would be as accommodating.

Lush pink lips parted into a broad smile as Gervase confided that the dishes did not seem particularly pleasing to his palette.  She herself was a little unsure about the meals offered by the establishment herself.

Laughing easily Cherri's melodious voice was light.  "To be honest good Sir Gervase, I am a bit unsure of the meals offered as well.  But as my stomach is voicing it want, I believe we will have to chance the dinner."  With a flash of white straight teeth, Cherri turned agilely on her heel and made her way to the bar.

Haz was taking orders and Cherri waited patiently for her turn.  Finally she caught Haz's attention.  The man appeared to be mostly brute strength but Cherri knew not to underestimate what one appeared.  Raising her voice over the steady hum of the other patrons Cherri directed her order at Haz, "Sir Haz...two orders of Tulimon Grape Juice and Thyrón Chowder, please."  Feeling that the order was now taken care of Cherri made it back to the table where Gervase sat waiting patiently.

Cherri took the chair opposite of Gervase and slid gracefully into it.  It felt good to rest.  While she was used to walking great distances it was still nice to relax at the end of the long day.  Flames caught in the human's hair almost casting a blue hue as the sun often did with the feathers of a raven.  The human was pale and Cherri wondered if perhaps he was ill or maybe like herself naturally fair skinned.  Violet eyes roamed easily over the other's features trying to discern just where he might hail from.  Deciding the best way was to ask, Cherri relaxed against the wood of her chair backing.  Her violet eyes were bright, as she enjoyed learning something new.  Her voice was friendly and held a note of curiosity. 

"Well Sir Gervase, our order is placed and now all we have is time in this rather dreary Inn.  This place is quite unusual in its appearance..."  Cherri's voice trailed off as she continued to take in the dusty table tops, broken furniture and other signs that the Inn was not regularly used.  Almost absently to herself Cherri said, "I find it odd that this place does not appear to have seen much use and yet..."   Turning her attention back the human Cherri offered her apologies, "I must apologize Sir as this place does in indeed appear odd, but I guess no more so than it's patrons this evening...including myself."  Cherri smiled briefly before her curiosity overtook her again.  "Where do you hail from Sir Gervase, if you do not mind my asking."

Cherri watched the man across from her her violet eyes resting on his dark blue ones.

Cherri Rowandyn
Keep your friends close; keep your enemies closer.
Angela
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2007, 06:24:08 PM »

The creature in front of Angela started to write in a parchment. When it finsihed writing, he slid the parchament across the table towards Angela. And she read it:
Kori will suffice for my name.
Tuborger Brown would be acceptable.
Showing you my face would be dangerous for you

Angela did not feel fear when she read the last line of the letter but it made her feel sad. Nonetheless of that, she called Haz to order a drink for the both of them.

Angle raised her hand and shouted across the inn, "Sir! We would like a Tuborger Brown and a Spring Joy please!"
Gervase Bertrand
Fire Mage
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2007, 09:27:07 PM »

The young mage saw the graceful smile that crossed Lady Cherri’s fair face.  He was pleased that his remarks had not offended her as he had thought they might.  For a mage he was rather unsure about many things especially when it came to relations with others.

Ever since his childhood he had preferred parchment to people.  He spent most of his time among the books that lined the long isles of the library he worked in.  Many hours were by the flickering of firelight reading manuscripts or transcribing from one language to another and to be honest he preferred it that way.

His insatiable desire to learn also left him with the unquenchable desire to be right.  If he could not be he would chastise himself severely remembering all the degrading and demeaning words spoken by his father.  They would resurface within his thoughts as if spoken all over again with the same wounding effect they had the first time they were uttered.

“To be honest good Sir Gervase,” the violet eyed elfess offered with a gently pleasing laugh, “I am a bit unsure of the meals offered as well.  But as my stomach is voicing it want, I believe we will have to chance the dinner."

The gentle words spoken by the woman and her relaxed demeanor seemed to sooth the raven-haired mans frazzled emotions. He nodded his reply but too late for the elfess to see as she turned about deftly to face the old dusty bar.

Gervase was left with his own musings which were not at all pleasant.  He began to think about the woman dressed in a blood red gown and thought how peculiar the place seemed to be.  Why were there no patrons other then the new arrivals here, He thought, and why is the establishment so . . . unkempt?

Soon Lady Cherri returned and gracefully took the wooden seat across from the young mage.  She seemed to be studying Gervase, examining him in the gentle fires glow.  The mage was relieved when she began to talk, at least he would not need to be the fist to begin the conversation.

"Well Sir Gervase,” she began as she sat bathed in flickering lights, "our order is placed and now all we have is time in this rather dreary Inn.  This place is quite unusual in its appearance...," he voice seemed to trail off as is she whished to say more but felt it best not to.  Then she continued as if a long ways away from her evenings companion, "I find it odd that this place does not appear to have seen much use and yet...," again she let her speech come to a sudden ending as if hesitant to speak further.

"I must apologize Sir,” the violet eyed elfess offered turning her attention back to man in red robes seated across from her, ”as this place does in indeed appear odd, but I guess no more so than it's patrons this evening ... including myself.  Where do you hail from Sir Gervase, if you do not mind my asking?”

The young mage offered a nervous smile to the woman with moonlight colored hair.  His eyes told far more of his interest in conversation then the upward curving of his lips.  Gervase began to speak Using his best Styrásh, his voice slightly wavering from the burning timidity that seemed to engulf him, “no apologetics are necessary my lady we are all a bit on edge this evening.”

Engulfed in the sudden realization that his use of the elven tough might be seen as startling and even offensive, Gervase’s pail complexion turned even more ashen with his feelings of guilt, “I must apologize Lady Cherri I did not intend to startle you with my use of  Styrásh.  It is such an eloquent and poetic language that I though. . .,” a subdued aeruillin red crept across his cheeks but he continued in the language of the elves, “I hail from the city of Ximax Lady Cherri where I grew up and now reside in the tower reserved for fire mages.”

A thought crossed his mind that she might not think too highly of those endowed with the magical arts and his face turned pale once more. “I do hope that my being gifted in the magical arts is not offensive to you.”

"Fire is like the mind:
It can simmer like hot coals when at rest,
Burn fervently with passion,
Sputter and hiss with anger,
Dance with joy,
And Dazzle with wisdom."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]