Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wison's Breath Inn  (Read 94944 times)
Capher
Cleric
Approved Character

Dragon

« Reply #405 on: June 16, 2009, 11:38:38 PM »

Timeras had wandered the town after Altario had left the inn without saying much except he needed to get back to the Western gate. It was dark now and candle's were burning brightly in the homes of his people. Timeras once in awhile could see inside a glass paned window that had not frosted up yet. He could see a man playing with his children as they wrestled with him laughter loud and bright, as the wife buisily cooked supper over the families hearth.

Timeras stopped, turned and looked up toward the huge tower. He tried to recall but could never remember him wrestling with his father. His father was King. He had no time to play with a child. He had a kingdom to rule and people depended upon that rule. A boy was just an heir to the throne. The next King had no time for play, he had to learn how to govern.

So, Timeras learned how to govern and surprisingly enough he was better than a fair negotiator. But when he grew older he found ways to fill the void of not having a father that wrestled with him. He found the Mallister brothers, he found women and he found drink. He was the toast of any party the Nobles threw. The women actually threw themselves at him and he took the offerings and played...always smiling on the outside, crying on the inside.

Alone.

OOC continue post on Western Gate.
Alexandre Scriabin
Music Adept
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian/ Rhulran

« Reply #406 on: June 24, 2009, 06:48:07 AM »

Having been tired of the outside cold all day, he needed to rest at a place where he could see a couple smiling folks, and lay his aching old bones on more cushioned surface than the drenched soil, and rough gravel of the plains outside of town.

Scriabin began to walk more briskly as he observed the overlying banners marking the place as an inn. A few feet away, he relieved his arms from their former job of insulating his chest, and gently opened the door. Taking care to close the door just as gently, he evenly and slowly walked to a table, and then proceeded to observe, taking extra care not to be seen as an intrusive fellow who can't keep his nose clean.

A familiar grin eased itself upon his features; There was joking, drinking, and a good vibe all around. To his right, some Remusians only two tables away had decided to have a three way shot for shot drinkoff, and seeing as it had already been progressing for a bit, they were barely standing, leaning forward with their hands resting upon the edge of the table to keep balance. All the while, every second or so, the next man in the rotation shouted, "far in ther hall!" and dropped yet another shot of what appeared to be some fiery liquor (smelling like the equivalent of forge oil).

And not so far to the left, an Erphoronian and bartender, whose race had been indistinguishable as his head was turned away, had reached the point of being only able to utter passionate noises, belches, and an overtone of chuckles.

Seeing as he had arrived a little late, and there wasn't much of a possibility of intelligent conversation any more (even in this classy of a joint), Scriabin reached the counter, got a room key, and left for his room. Just as carefully and quietly as before, he open the door, set the keys back in his back pocket, and laid himself to rest upon the first actual bed in a good while...

What am I doing in the middle of a siege? He thought as he closed his eyes and contemplated for twenty minutes or so before resolving that familiar insomnia and drifting into rest.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 05:26:06 AM by Alexandre Scriabin » Logged

The statement below this is false.
The statement above this is true.

Alexandre Scriabin CD
Thodin Coldflame Lomin
The Cutpurse Gentleman
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #407 on: July 03, 2009, 05:28:23 AM »

Freezing

That's what it was here in Remusiat. Over and over again Thodin reminded himself that when he found the accursed swindler who had sent him here he was going to tear out the man's innards from his ears and rip his spin from his rear. Whether what the man had said was true or not the vagabond deserved the beating. The entire bloody city was ridiculously cold, and if that didn't kill someone than surely the orcs that had begun to attack would finish the job.

Blessedly he managed to notice an inn not to far away from where he stood. Thanking whatever gods there were out there, Thodin marched over the in stiffly and opened the door slowly. Graceful as a cat, he slinked through the door and was greeted with the warm of a full fire. Ignoring the loud chatting and laughing, Thodin made his way to one of the chairs closest to the fire. Setting himself up in the shadow created by the mouth of the hearth, he let himself relax though he kept his arms wrapped tight around his bag of supplies. Dozing near the fireplace, Thodin could feel the pleasantness of the fire, and the snow as it melted on his head. Sitting there Thodin allowed himself a moment to enjoy the warmth before deciding he had some work to do.

Stealthily, Thodin made his way to the bathroom. Once there he extracted himself from his now moist clothing and throwing them into his shabby bag he changed into his Xazure tunic. Then he proceeded to lightly brush the melted snow into his hair so it appeared to be oiled rather than watered. Making sure his pony-tail was well done, he silently made his way back to the common room. Once inside he nodded to several strangers, shook hands and generally seemed to get into the good mood that the inn seemed to inspire.

Without a soul suspecting him, Thodin's fingers worked real magic. From even the tightest pouches and belts he pulled coins not by the fistful but one at a time. All this he did while keeping up a facade of friendship with everyone. Being discreet was something that Thodin made a living off of, and by the time he reached the shadowed bar he had enough money to pay for a room and food for the next two days. Sitting down at the bar, Thodin pretended he actually belonged there, though he never ordered anything and said not a word to anyone behind the counter. From his position he had a full view of nearly every occupant in the room, and he watched as everyone enjoyed themselves. There was no doubt it was going to be a long night. With an absent mind he waved over one of the tenders behind the bar.

"A glass of water please. Just make sure it's clean."

"Of course I steal things. Wait. What do you mean you don't get it? Of course I'm a thief, but that's not going to stop me from being a nice guy now is it? Yes I took your wallet but so what? If it's not me it might as well be someone else right?"

- Thodin Lomin
Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #408 on: July 06, 2009, 04:45:30 AM »

Ulther served drinks to the men who stood at the bar.  It was busy, but not overly so.  The soldiers had long cleared out, leaving the usual contingent of men and women here, as well as a fair number of foreigners.  He was surprised a little at how a war, a siege, never seemed to disrupt business in a tavern.  But then again, at what other time was it as useful to drink and forget your problems?  In good times, business was good; in bad times it was better.

A wave of a hand brought Ulther's attention to a foreigner who had been roaming the inn earlier.  Ulther briskly approached the man and reached below the level of the counter.  When his hand once more was elevated above the height of the bar, in it was not a mug, but rather a thick length of alicott wood.  The knuckles on Ulther's grip were white.

"Mister, I think you might want to reconsider the nature of yer business here.  One word from me and you will have a room full of angry armed men wanting their coins back."  A smirk crossed the gruff bartender's face.  "Oh, yes, lad.  I saw ye pilferin'.  We don't take kindly to thieves around here.  Only reason I don't speak out now, is I don't wish a fight in my place.  So, I want you out of here, right now.  Keep your ill gotten gain, but if I be seeing yer face around here again, I won't be keepin my mouth shut.  Understand?  Scum like you belong at the Boar's Beard, not in my place.  Now git!"

Ulther's eyes bore intently at the stranger.  Some nerve, this foreigner.  Thinking he could stroll into here unnoticed and just start picking coins from purses without anyone noticing?  He didn't know Remusia very well then.  Strangers were never unnoticed here.  Ulther had kept an eye on him from the moment he walked in, as he did with all strangers.  Happy to take their money, he was, but trust them was something else.  It simply proved that non-Remusians were no better than vermin.

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"It was a dark and stormy night."  - Snoopy
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat
"I did not have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinski." - President Bill Clinton

My Character can be viewed @Angelina Jolie's house.  But knock first, in case I'm in my underwear.
Thodin Coldflame Lomin
The Cutpurse Gentleman
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #409 on: July 08, 2009, 03:09:48 AM »

Thodin didn't pay much attention to the man's small speech. The fact that he was actually seen doing what he did was something in itself. He had to suppose that it could only be expected of an inn keeper to watch what his customers were doing. Swindling was not nearly as easy as pickpocketing, but as the saying went, "There is nobody in the world who cannot be swindled." It was with this in mind that Thodin frowned as he looked back over his shoulder. The most obvious thing about the man wasn't in his physical characteristics, it was more in the fact that he was holding a piece of wood that was probably meant for beating up thieves. The look that Thodin gave the man was one brimming with confidence. With a small chuckle Thodin turned around in his seat and looked up into the face of the innkeeper. From the interior of his pocket, Thodin pulled an octagonal coin from his pocket and pushed it across the surface of the bar.

"Listen, I'm only here for one night and I'll be leaving bright and early in the morning. Now there aren't to many people capable of paying for their water with a gold coin, you know what I mean? If your still unwilling, allow me to give you some advice my friend. Threatening me with a stick is not going to help you any, and if you actually bring soldiers here then I'll make sure that the King himself hears that your bothering me. One word from my father will be enough to have you eating the filth of a beggars boot. So let's just keep this between us shall we, cause thieving is something for those with either to much money or to little."

With his left arm on the table, Thodin fingered the hilt of his sword with his right hand. Drawing the blade so close to the bar was going to leave one hell of a gash, and killing this inn keeper was not the best way to start things, but an exile had to make a living some how. All Thodin could do was hope the man's greed, and the belief that he was dealing with a noble might be able to sway the man. There was no way in hell he was going back out into the freezing weather the city provided.

"Of course I steal things. Wait. What do you mean you don't get it? Of course I'm a thief, but that's not going to stop me from being a nice guy now is it? Yes I took your wallet but so what? If it's not me it might as well be someone else right?"

- Thodin Lomin
Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #410 on: July 10, 2009, 06:41:31 AM »

A snarl played about the corners of Ulther's lips, his fingers tightened even more so on the alicott club, and his eyes narrowed.  He didn't like this man; not at all. He allowed his gaze to slip to the counter and the coin that lay there.  A southern coin.  Still valuable, but not Remusian.  They were becoming quite common here in the last year or so.

He wanted nothing more than to toss this upstart out.  Still, he mentioned the king, and Ulther had to consider this carefully.  His first instinct was to call the man's bluff, but the man's attire made Ulther hesitate.  Could he really know Araman?  Probably not.  Was it worth the risk?

Thick fingers reached out and took the coin, feeling its weight in his hand.  What would taking this coin mean?  Selling one's soul?  It left a disagreeable taste in his mouth.  Finally, the coin disappeared into the pocket of his apron.  "I want ye out of here at first light.  It'll cost ye another coin for the room, and another still if ye want to eat tonight.  Nothing will come cheaply here.  And, I tell ye one time, mister.  I will keep a close eye on ye, and if I even think ye are stealing from my customers again, there will be no warning.  King or no, ye'll face the men ye stole from.  If that happens, ye'll have wished the orcs got ye."

Ulther turned about, grabbing both a mug and the pitcher of water.  He poured the mug full, then slapped it down on the counter in front of the man.  "If ye want it cold, go stand outside!"

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat

My Character can be viewed @Angelina Jolie's house.  But knock first, in case I'm in my underwear.
Thodin Coldflame Lomin
The Cutpurse Gentleman
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #411 on: July 16, 2009, 01:56:15 AM »

Ignoring the man's threats, and obvious scowl, Thodin simply smiled and pushed seven coins across the table. The gold coins looked clear and shiny on the counter, and already Thodin felt as if he had over stepped his budget by giving the man so much. Still in such a case it was good to keep such matters quiet, he didn't want word of his arrival to reach the ear of anyone in authority, at least until Oss arrived.

"Keep the change my good man, and there is no need for that scowl."

With a grin and a slight nod to the snarling face of the bar tender, Thodin turned around in his chair to continue his observation of the crowd. It would be nice to have some sort of job here, but few wanted to talk with him and still fewer because he was dressed as a nobleman. Of course he was going to leave early in the morning, but that was no cause for alarm. He was a wanderer, and being kicked out of your homeland was far worse than being eradicated from a simple inn. Regardless, there would be few other inns of this particular quality on the road so he decided it was best to enjoy it for now. Sitting there he let the warmth of the room dry him off, and he couldn't help but feel reborn in the cherry atmosphere of the room. Sipping from the mug he let himself relax as he took in the sights and sounds. It would be some time still, but with any luck Oss would arrive sooner rather than later. This city was bound to be something interesting for him, he could feel it in his bones.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 10:45:00 AM by Thodin Coldflame Lomin » Logged

- Thodin Lomin
Kaldez’Yadra
The Searcher
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #412 on: August 14, 2009, 10:43:28 AM »

Coming down the stairs into the common room of the Inn Kaldez payed little attention to the people around the room, he was feeling out of sorts having spent a few days at the Wison after the night of his encounter with Dahlan. As he descended Kaldez was having quick flash backs of the night I was stumbled upon while eaves dropping on Dahlan and the Zealot, we exchanged a few words and i was hustled out of the room with the promise to be visited later, that's gone so well at this point. Kaldez jerked his head up at a shout from a group of drunk men, but quickly fell back into his thoughts I exited the room to a group of men bursting into a room down the hall, I heard a women shout in pain from inside.

Kaldez was now approaching the Bar, where he could here Ulther speaking to another man, he didn't sound very happy. I prepared myself for a fight, as would most likely break out if i tried to intervene, if it hadn't started already. But i stumbled through an open door to my right, gripping my chest. The pain was unbearable, my ribs felt like they had been broken all over again, i blacked out in that room. Kaldez sat down at the bar a few seats away from the other man and motioned for Ulther. I came too a few hours later, the women was gone apparently taken by some mage hunters here in Remusiat, the sheer hate for mages here in Remusiat is outstanding. Since then I have stayed in the same damn room bored out of my mind waiting for that damned ass Dahlan, my only comfort at this point is my morning exercises. Ugh, i need some wine.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 10:44:34 AM by Kaldez’Yadra » Logged

Nothing is impossible for impossibility is impossible- Kaldez'Yadra
Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #413 on: August 17, 2009, 08:57:52 AM »

Dahlen made his way to the Wison's Breath Inn.  He needed to find Kaldez once more.  He had put a lot of effort into thinking about the next step.  He knew he couldn't trust Brem enough to bring him into it.  No, Brem was not to be trusted in this.

Besides, Brem was up to something himself.  It had piqued his interest when the shaman had come to him asking for tools.  However, Brem had kept quiet when asked what they were for.  Had Dahlen not been so involved in his own schemes, he might have pressed the holy man further.  But not tonight.

Tonight, he needed the stranger who had been listening at his door earlier.  Dahlen grinned when he thought how the man of the gods had not seen how the gods had delivered Kaldez to them.  It had to be divine interference.  Coincidence was not strong enough to account for this.

The inn loomed ahead of him, and Dahlen stepped through the doorway, into the light and warmth of the tavern.  When his eyes adjusted to the light, he looked about the inn, and seeing his target, moved across the floor in the direction of Kaldez.

He reached the bar.  "Barkeep, send some drinks over to a table."  He then faced Kaldez.  "If you so care to, I would like for us to continue the talk we had started the other day."  The corners of his mouth curled upward.

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat

Kaldez’Yadra
The Searcher
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #414 on: August 18, 2009, 01:57:35 AM »

As Kaldez sat staring intently at the table, his mind on other things he heard a familiar voice speak "Barkeep, send some drinks over to a table."
"If you so care to, I would like for us to continue the talk we had started the other day."

Kaldez looked up into the smiling face of Dahlen, small fire of anger smoldering in his eyes he spoke "You seem to have a loose sense of 'soon' Dahlen, in fact i believe what you said that day was that you would speak to me later that day? But instead you didn't, i was told when i asked, that you actually had been talking to the resident rat killer,a brownie. Now why would you do that?"

As angry as he was Kaldez knew he couldn't turn Dahlen down, he needed the money, he was running out, ,maybe only another day or two worth of lodging and food left in his pocket. With a sigh he spoke again "But i will speak to you, and i need some food to I'm hungry." With that he got up and walked towards the table.

Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #415 on: August 22, 2009, 07:12:49 AM »

Dahlen chose to ignore both Kaldez's hostility and questions about the brownie.  It was none of his business what or who else Dahlen talked to.  Instead, he looked back to the bartender.  "Send some pinnip stew and bread as well."

He made his way to a table and sat down, waiting for Kaldez to seat himself.  The table was in the corner of the room and, at least for now, away from anyone who might overhear the conversation.  He cleared his throat and glanced about to double check that they were indeed alone.

"Listen, Kaldez.  I need to know if what you said in the room was true?  Are you everything you hinted at?"  He paused before spitting out what was in his mind.  "Are you as dangerous as you claim?"  He needed to the man to be honest.  If this plan was to go forward, there would have to be no misunderstanding between the two of them. 

Dahlen lifted his hand.  "Hold on, before you answer."  He then waited for the waitress Nella to deposit the mugs on the table and walk away again.  He then stared hard at Kaldez, while he took hold of his mug.

"Ok, go ahead."

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat

Kaldez’Yadra
The Searcher
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #416 on: August 23, 2009, 02:01:42 AM »

As Kaldez walked towards the table Dahlen called for some food before leaving the bar. Kaldez waited standing at the table for Dahlen to take a seat, then followed suite.

Dahlen cleared his throat, quickly scanning their vicinity. Then he spoke "Listen, Kaldez.  I need to know if what you said in the room was true?  Are you everything you hinted at?" "Are you as dangerous as you claim?" before Kaldez could speak Dahlen interrupted as one of the waitresses brought their drinks "Hold on, before you answer."

After the waitress left Dahlen grabbed his mug, he seemed to be trying to intimidate Kaldez with a Hard glare, but Kaldez just returned the mans stare with an ice cold glare of his own. "Ok, go ahead." Dahlen said after a moment.

Kaldez took a quick sip of his drink, grimaced slightly at the taste of alcohol and set the mug aside.

"Yes Dahlen, I'm not a simple spy as you and Brem had originally thought. I'm a Kasumarii, or Kar-ii as some call us. I am also an assassin and warrior trained in my birth place. And swords are not my only trade, as you can see I'm not carrying them at the moment because they stick out, but I am not unarmed, if you so wish i can hit a target anywhere in this room, or you can take me somwhere a little moreprivate if you are not entirely certain of my skills. Now what did you want to talk to me about?"

Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #417 on: August 30, 2009, 12:43:48 AM »

"Sssh!  Keep your voice down!"  Dahlen whispered in haste.  His eyes scanned the room, looking to see if anyone were listening to them, but to his relief, it appeared that no one was.

He nodded his head, his shaggy and greasy hair wildly bouncing in his face.  "I shall take your word on this."  His fingers ran through his hair and pushed the strands of hair back behind his ears.  "What I propose is not for the feint of heart."  He paused, staring hard at Kaldez, as if trying to judge the man's character.  "In fact, what I propose can get us both split from gullet to groin."

He took a long pull from the mug on the table.  Ale.  One of the few items from the south that the man accepted as good, and not a threat to Remusian ways.  Immediately, he felt the liquid begin to calm his nerves.

"Listen, Kaldez, the other day, you heard certain... things.... that Brem and I were discussing.  These things we were discussing run against what the King and certain others are making a reality here in Remusiat.  Because of this, they might be considered treasonous."  He shook his head and pursed his lips as anger built within him.  "But it is not I who is the traitor here, but Araman himself!" 

Once more he surveyed the room, pausing while other patrons of the inn passed by.  When they were gone, he continued.  "If my people are to survive and stay Remusian, we need to stop the south from invading us and destroying our culture.  Araman does not see this.  Right now, he entertains mages in the palace.  Mages!"  he added for emphasis. 

Another drink of ale while he stared intently at the man across from him.  Finally, he spoke the words he had come here to speak.  "Kaldez, I want you to kill Araman.  I want you to kill our king!"

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat

Kaldez’Yadra
The Searcher
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #418 on: October 09, 2009, 09:14:30 AM »

Kaldez was stunned speechless, his thoughts were running wild. Why would this man, a devout Remusian want him to assassinate his king? Kaldez slowly composed his thoughts, he had killed many people before, with no reason other then money, some of them minor nobility, this was a step up from the usual for sure, but he could do it, right?

"I will consider what you have told me, in the mean time may i suggest we adjourn to a more private place so we make speak further of your proposal mister Dahlen?" Kaldez spoke qucikly, not wanting to say anything further in so public a space.

He motioned for Ulthar to ask for a private room, he stared intently at Dahlen hoping to see something in the mans eyes that could elude to his purpose, his reasoning. This time i think i might want more then a bag of money and a target, this is big, this is really big, I'm not so sure about this. I mean a second cousin to a prince is one thing, but breaking into a castle, to kill the king of a nation at war, a king with who knows how much protection. I hope Dahlen has really deep pockets.

Ohénmár Celeste
Fair-Haired Wanderer
Approved Character

Half-Elf, Ylfferhim/ Eyelian

« Reply #419 on: October 24, 2009, 07:28:04 AM »

Ohenmar shivered. It seemed especially cold today, and the wind cut through her clothes. Once she had thought she enjoyed the cold, but now she knew better. Wison's Inn was just ahead. She stepped through the door with a sigh; it was much warmer inside. Even though she was still cold, she sat at a table far away from the fire, all by herself. She was afraid of fire, and it made her edgey to be in the same room as the crackling fireplace. She looked around the room. Some men were gathered around, talking. She relaxed into her chair.

No kids. A sad thing when she went through the streets and saw no children playing. She missed the forests where people laughed easily, instead of the coldness and sadness she saw in people's eyes.

Ever since she had come to the city, she had been even more lonely than normal. She was half-elf, young, and new to the city. No one was interested in talking to her and she was no help at all in these times. The men thought of battle, children and women stayed home. The inn was both a refuge and a place that made her sad. She didn't like being ignored.

~Understanding the world is understanding yourself~
                      •º•Ohénmár Celeste•º•
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]