Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

gfx gfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register    gfx gfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!
Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wison's Breath Inn  (Read 2404 times)
Krinaia
Gifted Enchantress
Approved Character

Half-Elf, Arthyron/ Centoraurian

« Reply #120 on: December 16, 2007, 03:15:08 PM »

Krinaia tried to get up using her sword as support but the pain intensified and she could move no more. She stood crouched her back against the wall. Her wounded leg was out at an angle and all her weight was on the other leg. Her breath was coming out in short puffs from the exertion of trying to stand up.

While she tried to steel herself against the pain she heard a cry and snapped her attention to the person in front of her. His menacing figure moved towards her, his eyes were filled with contempt and anger instead of the fear she had been hoping for. She knew that the only way she could escape now would be to increase the spell to its full potential. But before she could react to this thought she saw the man before her as he raised his backhand, aiming for her face.

She ducked too late and felt his hand make contact with her face. It stung. She fell back once again on the floor and tasted blood. Her deep blue eyes sparked with anger. She had to think of something quick otherwise she knew too well what her fate might be.

Her eyes fell upon the dagger and griping the hilt tightly she jerked it out ignoring the piercing pain that rocked up and down her leg. Cursing under her breath she jammed the dagger in his upper thigh.

Moving back against the wall Krinaia closed her eyes and struggled to keep her strength. With each falling moment the pain in her leg grew. She had started to bleed and closed her hand on the wound and applied light pressure.

Slowly she picked up her sword and using it once again as leverage to pull herself up and prop herself against the wall, wincing as she did so. Her chest heaved as she tried to get her breathing under control. Knowing that she had only a few minutes left till the spell broke; she raised her sword with both hands ready to strike.

Till taught by pain, men know not water's worth
Nyxthia Calfuray
Inquisitive Regenade
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #121 on: December 17, 2007, 06:24:22 PM »

Nyxthia's face fell when Garret mentioned that it would be impossible to enter the palace. It was a pity; she has always enjoyed walking in palaces' halls. They normally had beautiful paintings on display in an attempt to brighten up the dreary stone walls, and they often were from exotic places. It was good exposure for a person who drew as a hobby.

Fine, as the palace was out of the question, she'd have to find amusement somewhere else. She didn't think that Garret would allow her to leave the city, what with the orc invasion and all, but maybe she could go see the home of their God? "How about the Temple? I hear that you worship.. Kor something or other, right?" Nyxthia's violet eyes shone with innocence. She had absolutely no idea how insulting she was being, considering that it was a religion she was referring to.

To her, there was no such thing as other Gods; the very idea was absurd! The only mystical beings that exist are the Fae, and none of the other so called cults. A corner of her pink lips lifted up slightly at the Ice Tribe's ignorance. They were foolish, praying to Gods that don't exist. As she rubbed her hands together for warmth, she waited for Garret's answer. 

Garret Arroway
The Wolfling
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #122 on: December 18, 2007, 06:02:27 AM »

Garret watched as her face fell when he mentioned that they wouldn't be able to get into the palace. He doubted that if they weren’t busy up at the tower they would be let it. They mostly only allowed residents and people who had business up there. He stood in the cold waiting for her next reply, brining up his large hands to rub some heat back into his arms.

"How about the Temple? I hear that you worship.. Kor something or other, right?" She asked.

He looked down at her, wondering if she knew that if any Remusian had been within hearing distance they would have had something to say about that. She didn't seem to realize how it had sounded. He wondered if it would be smart to bring her there even if they would be allowed in. Since he had been in this city he hadn’t been to the temple, he wasn't very religious. He had seen it as he walked through the city, but had never been in the building.

"The Remusians worship Kor'och. This hasn't been the first time today I've been reminded I'm still a southerner." Garret said. All emotions kept from his sturdy voice. "I've never been to the Temple so I don't know how they will react to strangers, though it probably wouldn't be a good idea to go up there." Last time he hadn't known how someone would react they had run into a problem that could have turned out much worse, was probably best to be cautious this time.

He realized then that there was little to see here. A lot of places were restricted or better avoided most of the time. Garret spent a lot of time at the Wison or out on the Frozen Wastes and sometimes at the headquarters. That was the extent of his daily activities here and that was good enough for him, he didn't have that extreme curiosity. It was good enough for him to know it was there and know what it was for, but Nyxthia seemed to want to know everything about everything, and he didn't have all the answers.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 07:02:11 AM by Garret Arroway » Logged

Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not.
Nyxthia Calfuray
Inquisitive Regenade
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #123 on: December 18, 2007, 07:33:47 AM »

Nyxthia made a face. Everything seemed to be out of bounds in this city, and she did not like it. The Temple, the Palace, the Square... I suppose we could go back to the Square, I mean, Glacier isn't with us now. They  don't have any reason to attack us.

She closed her eyes briefly as she skimmed over her choices. She did not brave stormy seas and biting wind to come to a dead city! She wanted to see something before she left, something that was souvenir worthy. "How about the Walls? I doubt it'll be closed now. I'll like to see the orc army."

Garret Arroway
The Wolfling
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #124 on: December 18, 2007, 08:07:21 AM »

"How about the Walls? I doubt it'll be closed now. I'll like to see the orc army." She asked him.

Garret ran a large hand down his face and let out a small sigh. He wasn't sure if they would allow them up onto the walls or not. They would probably be preparing for the coming army and wouldn't want people in the way. He also didn't want to tell her no again. He knew the travel from the south was long and difficult, having been across those waters himself a time ago, and she seemed to have come to see something exciting. He left torn for a moment then decided it wouldn't hurt to try.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to try," Garret said, voicing his last thought as he brought his right arm to rub the back of his head. "They are probably going to be busy up on the walls as well since trouble is coming."

He shrugged a bit, avoiding the word 'war' on purpose. He figured that they would get the answer to the question from someone on the wall if they headed in that direction. Then a second thought hit him, "If we are heading over to the wall, going through the Square for a cloak might be a good idea. If we are allowed up there would need a cloak, and even in the ground it's cold."     

Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not.
Jiro Koshi
Backshadow Assassin
Approved Character

Human, Kanapan/Kasumarii

« Reply #125 on: December 24, 2007, 07:39:11 AM »

Crunch... crunch...
The sound of snow beneath his feet was sweet and satisfying. It had been years since Jiro had left Cyhalloi, and it always felt like home whenever the air became sharp and crisp and light snowflakes floated in slow motion to the ground.

The dark and shady figure that was Jiro wrapped in his cloak stamped briskly across the snow covered street and up to the Wison's Breath tavern. He grabbed the iron ring and lugged the heavy wooden door open with one hand, leaving his other to clutch his black cloak. Silently he scraped the snow off of the bottom of his shoes and slipped inside.

Warm air enveloped him, and he relaxed his grip on his cloak. He reached up and removed his hood. Black wavy hair and a dark complexion both went into the handsome recipe that made up Jiro. His face which normally contained a boyish smile or an emotionless expression was bright red from the cold outside.

He moved for the nearest empty table, avoiding the faces of everyone else in the tavern. From a leather pouch, he pulled out a thin piece of folded paper. Written on it was a name. Curiously he examined it, wondering why it seemed so familiar to him. After a few moments of pondering, he shrugged and shoved it back into the pouch.

Jiro sighed deeply and calmed himself. As bits and pieces of previously heard conversation washed over him, one rang out above the others, which particularly unnerved him. A woman had said something about the orc army. All of his present senses washed away in the tides of life as he prepared his mind for getting totally wasted.

The orc army... what about it...
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 02:09:37 PM by Jiro Koshi » Logged

~::Heroes: The Emergence::~
Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Adventurer
Story Mod

Human, Remusian

« Reply #126 on: December 24, 2007, 09:36:39 PM »

Horvahn Ottfyor

Horvahn grunted in satisfaction as he felt his backhand make contact with the mages face.  He watched as she crumpled to the floor.  It would not take much more to get her under control.  He stepped over her as she struggled to ragain her footing.  A glint of light alerted him to danger, and he twisted his body to avoid the dagger she pulled from her leg and brought it upward at his own thigh.  He escaped the full force of the attack, but the pull on his clothing, and the sting of flesh told him he did not go unscathed.  It was not a stab wound, but merely a slash.  How bad it was would not be known until he had a chance to look closer at it.  Was it merely a scratch or would it require attention?  It did not matter.

What mattered were the fools he had gathered about him.  He scowled at them all.  "Get her!"  Could they not think on their own?  It appeared the one known as the Wizards Bane was as ineffective as the rest of these dolts.  Disappointing to say the least.  He had hoped for better.  At least, this man was Xandreth's mess, and not his own.

Men rushed forward toward the woman, who by now had pulled herself to her feet with the support of her sword.  Horvahn, however, stepped back and reached down to where his leggings were torn.  His fingers met damp material, and when he lifted them to his face, saw that his fingers were stained with blood.  He cursed silently.  She would burn.  He would see to that.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 11:49:23 PM by Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin » Logged

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"It was a dark and stormy night."  - Snoopy
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat
"I did not have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinski." - President Bill Clinton

My Character can be viewed @Angelina Jolie's house.  But knock first, in case I'm in my underwear.
Denrykmar Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Wandering Ranger
Approved Character

Human, Remusian

« Reply #127 on: December 25, 2007, 05:18:56 AM »

Denrykmar stared into the fire for a long time before he finally turned and walked away from it.  He was tired of speculating and philosophizing over his life.  It was not his style.  He hated to think on anything too much.  Why think, when you could do?

Now, his stomach was rumbling.  Days out on the wastes eating nothing but dried rations left him hungry for a real meal.  "Trina!  A wison steak.  Thick, and still bloody within."  He winked at her and made his way to his table where he sat down, then cast an uneasy look upstairs.  It was tempting to go up there, but he knew there was nothing he could do but get himself into trouble.

Instead, Denrykmar took a long look at the tavern door.  Where was Garret?  A smile crept across his face.  Did he find a little love this night?  Could it be?  He was very tempted to go looking for the scout, but decided against it.  If Garret actually was having a good time, it wasn't for him to ruin it.

So, if tormenting his best friend was out of the question, what other fun could he have.  He began to search the faces of the room.  He smiled to himself.  There were a couple of pretty girls here.  Perhaps he could refine his flirting skills.
Khel
Unbound Rogue
Story Mod

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #128 on: December 27, 2007, 07:49:10 AM »

Trina

Ryk called for a wison steak. As he winked at her, Trina stuck a pink tongue playfully from her mouth. He was adorable, and the blond barmaid could hardly help herself as her cheeks turned pink to match. Sliding behind the bar and ordering the steak just how he liked it, Trina gazed at the young man sitting alone at his table. She watched his eyes drift around the room and jealousy bubbled inside her. With his passion, it was no wonder he could not focus on her. Pouring herself an ale, Trina took a gulp. The Inn was slowing down, but she could still hear commotion upstairs. The pounding of feet suggested the chase was still on. Hearing the order called, Trina grabbed the plate.

Weaving through the tables to Ryk's own, Trina placed the plate before him and gave him a beaming smile. She tried to catch his eye.. perhaps he would be willing to focus it on her this time. She remembered his wounds and glanced once more around the Inn before sitting across from him and looking at him with concern. "Are ya alrigh' there, Ryk? What happen'd?" Blue eyes full of love, Trina hated that he didn't seem quite as interested. Quickly switching topics, in case he didn't want to discuss his fight, Trina gave him a mischievous grin, saying softly, "Garret left with that dark-haired girl.. cute, wasn't she?" As a barmaid, Trina had much gossip to chat about, but lacked friends to chat with. Looking eagerly at the young man before her, Trina awaited his reply, but always kept an ear out for a wanting customer.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 07:56:47 AM by Khel » Logged

..tell me your heart doesn't race for a hurricane or a burning building. -asw
Your pal, Khel
Malavon Despana
Wizard's Bane
Approved Character

Maelf , Helcrani Sanhorrhim

« Reply #129 on: January 01, 2008, 09:30:43 AM »

Malavon emerald eyes followed the events as they unfold , the young mage was strong indeed and skilled , but before Malavon could act Horvahn moved and hit the magess face .
Then a flash of steel appeared in her hand , a small dagger that she promply used on Horvahn , Malavon left a sarcastic chuckle as he taught to himself Damn idiot , does he think mages are not resourceful ? , he noticed the anger on Horvahn eyes and in his voice as he told , no as he ordered them to get her , before they could do anything Malavon resounded in the small in cold and metallic tones " Stop ... Let me speak to the girl first ..." , without waiting for Horvahn reply he came near the girl with sword on his hand maintaining a safe distance and asked her with his eyes burning in a strange mist of hate and sympathy (he hated what she was and not her as a woman ).

"Listen girl , I will give you the choice to come with us peacefully and I promise you will receive a fair judgment  or if you  continue to resist I will cut you in such small pieces that not even the maggots couldn't swallow you ..."
Malavon waited for the answer with a strange smile filling his lips .

The only good mage is a dead one !

Malavon The Mage Killer
Khel
Unbound Rogue
Story Mod

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #130 on: January 04, 2008, 05:46:43 AM »

Dahlen Kunvayle

"Come, now." Dahlen said hastily as he wated his big friend stride towards the closed door. Pressing his own meaty hand against the Zealot's chest, Dahlen wondered why he did not sound as desperate and passionate as he had previously. It was not foolish if it would get the two men ahead in the game! There were certain rights and traditions it would be noble of the two to protect, and Dahlen was convinced they themselves couldn't roam about looking for answers to their prying questions. Nevertheless, Dahlen wondered if Brem did not have a certain.. judgement.. about the white haired man he'd just shoved into the hall.

In fact, the common man had not even heard footsteps retreating down the hall. Thinking perhaps the large man before him was right, Dahlen let his heavy arm drop. "Very well, I'll drop it. For now. When I want information, though, I'll get it by whatever means I desire." Satisfied that he had now spoken his piece, Dahlen even went so far as to swing open the door and allow Brem to leave, giving him a nod of farewell, he glimpsed a tiny flash of white as he turned to grab his own Eophran cloak. He heart hurried footsteps in another room, but shrugged it off as simply a rushing patron. The crackling fire still burned brightly, and Dahlen paused to stare into it for a moment.

He was only a common Remusian man. Simple in his ways, really. Should he try to involve himself with anything so foolish and unsettling? He thought not, but too much change was being forced upon his people! That King must be getting old, his head sitting crookedly in his ripe age. Allowing magic, opening trade, welcoming new gods... Dahlen shook his head sadly. So much he had no control over, but would love to see halted. Narrowing his eyes a little, Dahlen turned to leave the room. Walking out into the hall he was indeed correct, there stood the Kasumarii man, obviously unwilling to do their bidding anyway. Shrugging large shoulders, Dahlen made his way to the edge of the balcony positioned about the kitchen and the bar, overlooking the common area.

Your pal, Khel
Weivóc'Neán
Forsaken
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #131 on: January 04, 2008, 07:17:49 AM »

Weivóc comes walking in from the wintery landscape outside. He is still carrying the supplies he started off with. So he heads directly towards the counter, sets it down, and says to the man there, "Here are those supplies that just came in, sorry they are late, the ship got delayed and I had a little trouble getting directions here." After saying that, Weivóc quickly surveyed the room.
     As Weivóc looks around, he notices a young man, another killer by the looks of it, sitting by himself. He also notices a young female who is having a little chat with an elderly woman sitting at the table with her. These two were also accompanied by a young, beautiful, and wealthy lady also. Also, he sees another human by himself, a young knight, by the looks of it. As he listens, he can hear above the idle chat and everything else, he can hear a struggle. The struggle seemed to be coming to a close as he walked in. Aside from this, the usual of the tavern was there, the owner behind the counter and a waitress going here and there, giving people their orders.
     After looking around, he turned back to the man, who was checking over the supplies. As the man did that, he called for the waitress and decided to order the soup of the day and a glass of red wine. He then waited for the man's response and his order to get done.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 02:58:52 PM by Weivóc'Neán » Logged

RP'ing: Speech Thoughts
A link to my CD: Weivóc'Neán
Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Adventurer
Story Mod

Human, Remusian

« Reply #132 on: January 06, 2008, 06:22:03 AM »

Rellech Arnevahr

Rellech glanced up at the sky, squinting into the brightness of the sun as it began its descent towards the horizon.  Her questions of him actually made his heart beat a little faster.  When she spoke thusly, it made him feel as though he had chosen the right person for the job.  These were good, probing questions.  Khel had intelligence, unlike most people he met, either in Remusiat, or anywhere else for that matter.

He returned his gaze toward her.  He wondered for brief moment what she was like as a person.  What was it that made her the person she was.  The thought immediately left him.  He cared not who she was, or what she was like, as long as she did what he required of her.  Asking the right questions showed that she just might accomplish that.

"Not wanting change, and not needing change are two very different things.  We do not want to evolve, but we need to.  The southern people are moving north, and unless we can hold you back forever, we cannot stop this.  There are some of us that would try to do just that, but we would eventually be conquered.  I would prefer to be a partner than a slave.  My people need a wake up call.  They are lulled by our great history of solitude, into thinking that we can overcome everything.  No people are immune to everything.  By understanding the people of the south, we can get stronger.  Many do not see this." 

Rellech stepped through the doorway and glanced about at the people within.  He was a bit disappointed.  Not one of these people looked to be a person of culture.  But, what really did he expect at an inn?  He made his way to an empty table, and waited for Khel, while pulling out a seat for her. "No, you are, in fact, correct in your assumption that I have not been here before.  This is really not..... what I'm comfortable in."  He looked her in the eye.  "I do not apologise for enjoying the fruits of what my money can buy me.  And, the fact that you are here, trying to earn a substantial amount of money with me, suggests that you too would like to pull yourself up from the mire.  While it is true that money in of itself does not make one superior, the things that it can do for you does." 

He waited for her to move up the table, then slid the chair under her as she sat.  Then he walked to the other side of the table, where Juhlihan held a chair for him.  He sat, then dismissed the boy, by indicating a nearby empy table.  "I wonder what type of fare this place might have.  You might be in for a treat, if you should trust me to order for you, seeing as you are new and do not know our cuisine."  Provided the cook in this place knew what they were doing.

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"It was a dark and stormy night."  - Snoopy
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat
"I did not have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinski." - President Bill Clinton

My Character can be viewed @Angelina Jolie's house.  But knock first, in case I'm in my underwear.
Khel
Unbound Rogue
Story Mod

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #133 on: January 06, 2008, 11:31:40 AM »

Khel gratefully stepped in after the wealthy man. Getting out of the wind was key for her at the moment. As soon as her hood was pushed back and her raven locks lay flat again she was much more comfortable; save for the rosiness her cheeks and nose had acquired from the constant wind upon them. Khel, however concerned with her comfort she was, still listened intently to Rellech's speech. He seemed to know, or assume he knew, the best for his people. Khel thought however much she disliked him on their first meeting, at least he knew what he was talking about. At least he had a strong head and acted on what he wanted. It seemed like if this city was to expand, or any others were to benefit it, more men like Rellech would have to act on their instincts.

Sitting across from him at the table, Khel felt very awkward as he pushed the chair underneath her lithe frame. She knew, or guessed, it was a simple formality, but it still gave her an uneasy feeling. Nevertheless, she attributed that to the fact that she slept on the hard ground beneath the stars nearly every night. As Khel looked about the bustling Inn, she noticed everything even as she listened to the noble speak. A big man over the bar on the balcony, a group of women talking, a man at the bar, a man sitting alone, another man and a pretty young woman together... her dark, keen eyes took it all in. A long table before a crackling fireplace gave Khel a sense of warmth. Despite what Rellech may think of the Wison's Breath, Khel took an immediate liking to it. Perhaps she could learn much more about the common people here, rather than hearsay from an uppity, secluded noble. As her neck turned to look at him in the face once more, Khel knew  she must stay herself from saying anything that immediately came to mind. Although she wasn't practiced at it, and her eyes flickered dangerously for a moment, Khel regained composure as Rellech dismissed his servant boy and finished speaking.

As the boy Juhlihan moved to a seat at a nearby, empty table, Khel reached out a slender arm to stop him. "Please, boy, sit with us." Seriously, why did this man feel the need to separate servant and master, child and adult? Peeved with him again, Khel did this partially to spite the nobleman, but partially because she inherently believed the boy did not have to leave them be. Looking Rellech full in the face, Khel stared into his brown eyes as she made her reply. "Please order, sir. I trust your exquisite tastes to complete my culinary experience while within your beautiful city, " She began easily, without thought. His language was familiar to her as well, perhaps he wouldn't expect that. "However, you are mistaken about my relationship with my coin. It will serve to clothe and feed me until my next service, and nothing more. I will not burden myself with fancy amenities, I will not buy magnificent estates or indulge myself in fine wines. The larger the sum, the longer until my next venture. I, as you can see, am just a simple, common woman." Khel's last worst dripped with danger, but she kept her composure easily. She was not angry, she just intended to get a point across.

Raising an arm, Khel signaled for a barmaid as pink lips upturned in a polite smile to Rellech, then a genuine one as she laid her eyes upon the servant boy. Well aware she may have outraged the wealthy man with this act, at least she may have made the boy's night. Keeping her eyes on Juhlihan, Khel continued as they waited for service, "Despite our differences Rellech, I admire your headstrong nature. You know what you want for your people and because of that I want to learn as much as I can, so I may want the best for them as well. I will not enter into this with naivety. Your logic is attractive in a businessman, and because of that I wish not to offend you, but to urge you to trust me, and indulge me with your plethora of knowledge." Taking her eyes from the child again, Khel looked calmly at Rellech again, not with spite or malice, but with sincerity. Sure, the sum of money she would earn would allow her months of freedom, but the knowledge she would gain from this endeavor about her trade and about the world would be of much more value to her. 

Your pal, Khel
Denrykmar Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Wandering Ranger
Approved Character

Human, Remusian

« Reply #134 on: January 07, 2008, 01:33:38 AM »

There were three women at a table that had caught Denrykmar's eye.  One was an older woman, so Denrykmar's roving eye passed over her quickly, but the other two he looked at more closely.  The one with red hair caught his eye, her lithe form accented in the flickering light of the fireplace.  He stared for a moment at her.  She had a spirit about her, which he always found alluring.  Strong women were exciting; as exciting as trying to tame a Kor'och fey Mologh.  You had to temper overt strength, with subtle guidance.  If you tried to break them too quickly, they would fight you out of sheer stubbornness. 

He shifted in his seat, but a twinge of pain in his side made him squint for a brief moment.  Perhaps trying to tame a women was not the best of ideas this night.  So, how about the other, he thought.  He looked at the one at the table.  Although pretty enough, she was a mess.  Her clothes appeared haphazardly thrown on, and her facial expression was one of near panic.  Whatever was behind it, Denrykmar was unable to summon up the courage to investigate it. 

He sighed.  No, maybe trying to woo women was not a good idea this night.  He pressed a hand to his side, noticing that the bandages were quite wet.  It might be best if he just sat there, ate his meal quietly, then go upstairs to bed.  He would be needed up on the wall tomorrow.  Besides, he thought as he glanced over to Trina, it was not as if he would not have female companionship tonight.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Members
Total Members: 18286
Latest: Catti-Brie
Stats
Total Posts: 144604
Total Topics: 5144
Online Today: 30
Online Ever: 216
(November 30, 2006, 03:08:03 AM)