Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

gfx gfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register    gfx gfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wison's Breath Inn  (Read 11228 times)
Vallari O'Neil
Avant-Garde
Approved Character

Human, Caltharian

« Reply #360 on: February 16, 2009, 09:40:48 PM »

The petite artist watched as Denrykmar's hand lifted to trace his brother's figure with a tentative fingertip. She would have said something. Would have said 'Wait, it'll smudge', but the words died before they reached her lips. She had expected him to look immediately at his own visage, not that she thought him the type to be so self centered. But it seemed to be what most people did when looking at a drawing of themselves, even if there were many other people in the same picture. Not to mention the look that crossed his face when he laid vivid blue eyes upon his sibling's sketch. Had she done something wrong? Was this going to be another incident such as last night, with that woman whom had displayed such a lovely anger through her pretty face?

His next words put the small worry that had began to nag at her to rest, and she followed his gaze to the stairs where his brother was. However, Ryk's next words brought her attention back to him fully. She would've began to speak, the sentence was forming in her throat, but once again died before it reached her lips. The look on his face reawakened the worry from just a moment before. He was full of questions that she wasn't sure whether she could or should answer. The realization that she was in a very foreign place with very foreign people suddenly donned on her... what would happen if she said the wrong thing? But now was no time to become so shy.

The question that he finally decided to voice, out of all of the questions that his eyes betrayed running through his head was, to say the least, a simple sounding query with what could possibly be a rather complicated answer. 'Who are you? Really?' she wasn't sure whether she could actually provide him with an answer, because she didn't know whether she was aware of it herself. She opened her mouth to say something, then closed it and bit her tongue to keep herself from from doing it again and looking like a fish out of water. Was there even a sensible answer she could give him?

"I..." she stopped, and found herself falling short of words. It took her a second, but she found that there was simply only one thing to say. So she said it, "I'm an artist."

Not that she thought people should be defined by their chosen or given occupation, but to give a different kind of answer would surely take too long to relay to him. Much less, actually form into coherent sentences. It was the best she could give him on such short notice. Curious as to what his answer would be to such a question, she echoed it to him. "Who are you?"

Isoto
The Widow
Approved Character

Elf, Coór'hém

« Reply #361 on: February 17, 2009, 04:32:44 AM »

Isoto waite a few seconds, his blood was now starting to drip on the ground. But the pain was the furthest thing from his mind.  He must speak with the General now.

"Sir," one of Isoto;s soldiers piped up, still standing a attention. "He is in the Army Headquarters."

Of course, "At ease!" Isoto barked as he quickly made his way towards the door. His mind had honed in on the thought of meeting with the General, as the world faded away Isoto kepyt walkling. It was as if nothing else exsisted, not even the bitter cold he felt as he left the Inn.

"I'm tired and you're in my way"

~Isoto~

Need help with your character?
=>Elven Calculator<=
=>Restrictions and Titles<=
Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #362 on: February 20, 2009, 07:11:49 AM »

Altario reached the top of the stairs, where he found the regal woman standing alongside the elf, waiting for him.  Annoyance flashed through his mind, at the thought that she had purposely waited for him to come to her.  Was she that petty?  That manipulative?  He looked at their smiling faces.  Yes, of course she was.

Still, an eyebrow rose at the greeting from her, referring to him by his title.  How did she-?  Of course, the soldier had used it when speaking to her.  Still, she had remembered it and used it correctly, even if her pronunciation was not completely perfect.  She deserved, at the least, credit for trying.  For now, he would put her bad manners out of his mind.  He smiled back and bowed.  "Lady A'drosa, I trust you had a pleasant night.  My wounds are minor, and were hardly worth the effort the healer put in trying to better them."  Not that he believed that she really cared.

He looked to the elf, her councilor.  Altario had to control the urge to dislike the man based on his imperial demeanor.  The Remusian had very little experience with elves, and so naturally compared him to human men.  But that was unfair.  Somewhere in Altario's memory, he was sure he remembered hearing that elf's were naturally haughty.  "Eleyr."  He nodded his greeting to the man, before returning his gaze to the woman.  He would have no problem speaking in front of the councilor.

"I hope that the bad footing we got off on last night, has been forgotten, and that we may pursue those business arrangements we touched on.  As I said, I have the authority to speak on behalf of the Remusian army, and am interested in the wares you claim to possess on your ship."  He motioned to a door not too far from them.  "If you seek privacy, my brother has a room he keeps here.  If memory serves, it has a table and some chairs.  I can have refreshments brought to us, if that is your wish."
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 01:37:03 AM by Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin » Logged

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"It was a dark and stormy night."  - Snoopy
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat
"I did not have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinski." - President Bill Clinton

My Character can be viewed @Angelina Jolie's house.  But knock first, in case I'm in my underwear.
Denrykmar Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Wandering Ranger
Approved Character

Human, Remusian

« Reply #363 on: February 21, 2009, 09:21:59 PM »

For a brief moment, Denrykmar felt his cheeks colour, as he thought what a fool question he asked her.  What was running through his head this morning?  He wasn't acting like himself at all.  Was it her?  Was it Altario?  The war?  Something was nagging at him, something he couldn't quite discern, but it was unnerving him.

Her answer to him was so vague, yet, in a way it told him everything he needed to know about her.  She had a passion for something that was foreign to him, foreign to nearly all Remusians, truth be told.  It set her apart from anyone he had ever known.  She was unique.

The last thing Denrykmar expected was for Val to throw his question back at him, and with typical roguish fashion, he grinned his toothy grin, and a plethora of  responses came to his mind, from I'm the next hero of Remusiat, to I'm your future, Val, but each died on his lips.

Something within him was suddenly a bit somber, if not introspective.  The smile faded on his face.  "I'm," he searched for the words, while his lips pursed.  "I'm nobody."

Oh, damn this mood.  He was not going to let this darkness envelope him, and he forced another vibrant smile at the bright eyed girl.  "And I shall continue to be nobody until a kiss from you elevates me above all others, and makes me the envy of every man in the room."  It was cheesy, but when it came to women, at least Remusian women, cheesy worked.

Jae Taludin
Vulnerable Guardian
Approved Character

Human, Kyranian

« Reply #364 on: February 22, 2009, 07:10:55 PM »

Jae sat on the floor, carefully propping herself up on one elbow as she lay in a heap on the floor. Her right thigh throbbed a couple times before going silent once again, as it always did. However, the part of her side where the guard of her sword had slammed into as she fell still hurt and she was sure a deep purplish-blue bruise was already beginning to show in that spot. Aside from that everything else seemed to be intact except for her pride, but she could only hope that everyone else had been busy attending to their own business and hadn't seen her fall.

She turned toward the door as the comforting cold nose of Copper disappeared, replaced by a low growl. Looking up, Jae found a man, who had apparently entered just after her, bent over to speak to her. Her cheeks flooded with red as she assumed the man had spoken, but she had been caught up in other matters that she had missed it. Swiftly she climbed to her feet, regretting it as soon as she did so as her thigh protested a bit, making Jae thing that she was about to resume a seated position. She also visibly winced again she aggravated the growing bruise.

"I'm fine thank you," Jae replied, hoping that was somewhat along the lines of his question. "Just a bit … clumsy," she said, finishing reluctantly, but explaining her injury was not something she wanted to do and it wasn't the first time she'd had to swallow her pride.

Copper prodded her hand with his cold nose, whining once to get her attention. Absentmindedly she scratched the top of the hounds head while watching the man. He was taller than her by a little bit, with grey eyes and black hair. There was something that seemed strange about him, but Jae just dismissed it as being this strange land she'd ended up in. For a moment she considered introducing herself, but discarded that quickly, realizing she had only been in his stranger's way. Thanking him once more she turned and headed to the bar, taking up a seat at the far end, away from any other occupants.

Large golden-brown eyes turned toward Jae as she sat, watching her for a moment before turning back to the common room full of people and the strange scent that he had come to associate with prey. Curiosity took over and he padded across the room, looking back over his shoulder every few steps or so to peer back at his owner. Nose to the floor he continued his search, stopping at one stone table where people sat, jumping up onto an empty chair to look at the table and then the occupants curiously.

Eric Kattaisson
Gentleman of Fortune
Approved Character

« Reply #365 on: February 26, 2009, 12:37:30 PM »

Now, here was a man who didn't look like the type for making small-talk, and Eric couldn't help but wonder at his motivation for doing so now.  Was he suspicious?  Did he know something about Eric's true intentions?  Of course, the wary pirate didn't allow his thoughts to show on his face.  Instead, he smiled slightly, and began to give his answers.
   "Aye, therez somethin' I be tryin' ter find, alright; wealth!  Ter tell 'ee the truth, 'tiz the only thin' that I be lookin' for.  Me uzual buzinez dealingz be in the south, but I got curious, like.  A good frien' o' mine rec'oned I should 'ead north, try ter break inter the mar'et up 'ere.  But now I seez tha' war iz comin', n I don' righ'ly know if therez coin ter be made at such a time.  What does 'ee reckon?  Az one buzinez man ter another.  Iz trade boomin'?  Or should I be lookin' elsewhere?"
   The more Eric thought about it, the more at ease he felt.  Of course Ulther would be curious about him.  Why would a stranger come so far north?  Especially when war was at the door.  His inquiries had been innocent enough.  And hopefully, the bartender would be able to give Eric some useful information, if he felt like talking, of course.

Don't talk ter me 'bout naval tradition; why, 'tis nowt but drink, whores 'n the lash!

Eric's CD
Vallari O'Neil
Avant-Garde
Approved Character

Human, Caltharian

« Reply #366 on: March 06, 2009, 04:25:25 AM »

Vee watched the handsome man before her with interest as he blushed, and she almost lifted her hand to touch his colour-kissed cheeks. It was cute, but she refrained and couldn't help but wonder what he was blushing about. She almost even asked. But, she remained silent and simply watched him, curious as to his reactions and thoughts but never inquiring, instead preferring him to come up with saying them on his own. No prying needed.

The young artist could see every feeling that flitted through his eyes, betraying him. Briefly, she wondered if he thought that she wouldn't notice it, the emotions that crossed him plain as day to her. However, he occupied her full attention and the short-lived thought slipped away.

He was grinning again, that beautiful smile, and she found it infectious in a good way, her own smile tugging at the corners of her mouth. But it dissipated as soon as his, and she witnessed something doleful and bleak crawl into his gaze. She wanted to snuff it out, reach out and trace the lines of his face, some how steal away any self doubt that he had about himself. Denrykmar's next words only strengthened the urge she had. Her hand twitched.

However, when his charming grin bloomed across his handsome features once more, she couldn't seem to get herself to smile in return. The cheesy, though admittedly adorable line that he recovered his cheeriness with would have surely worked on her if she had not seen the glimpse of somberness. Besides, regardless of cute cheesy lines, the idea of laying a kiss on him was appealing all on it's own. But, she couldn't now. She felt as though one of them would be taking advantage of the other, though she couldn't quite figure out who.

Finally, her hand lifted itself to his face and she tentatively traced her fingertips across his cheek and long his jawline. With her head slightly tilted to the side, her hair messily falling into her face, she looked up at him, searching. She said his name softly, as if it might break, "Denrykmar," she paused for a brief second, "are you happy?"

Nyxthia Calfuray
Inquisitive Regenade
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #367 on: March 06, 2009, 09:52:58 PM »

Time had passed since Nyxthia started finger-combing Glacier’s fur. It was a huge improvement from the matted mess it was, and Nyx was proud of that. Glacier’s furry head poked up from its dozing, and suddenly, his warm tongue snaked out, giving her a wet kiss. “Gah, Glacier!” she laughed, wiping her cheek. A contented grunt came from her bear, making her smile. She enjoyed moments like these, when it was just simple affection.

Rousing herself, she untangled her arms from his embrace. The lass gave her companion one last peck on the top of his head before turning to the door. It was cold, and she was hungry. Hungry for food, company, and a nice roaring fire. Her imagination painted a cosy fireside seat, with bacon and eggs in front of her. Company, though; company was in the form of a handsome young man, giving her a warm smile that rivalled Injera.

A smile of her own gradually grew on her face as she made her way back into the Wison’s Breath. Heat enveloped her as soon as she stepped in, the stuffy common room a startling change from the biting winds of the frozen Remusian land. The lass carefully picked through the spaces to arrive, mostly unscathed, at the bar. “Garret,” she grinned at the young soldier. He still sat at the bar, occupying the same space he did before. The stool next to him was empty, and she took the chance to sit down. The Remusian man that was with him before was gone somewhere. Not that she minded, really.

“What’re your plans for today, cutie?” she asked, a flirtatious lilt to her shy voice.

Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #368 on: March 06, 2009, 09:57:01 PM »

Ulther could not help but laugh at what the foreigner had said.  "We all be lookin' for wealth, mate."  At the rest, Ulther listened as he poured a few glasses of ale for the waitresses to dispense.

"Aye.  There won't be any shortage of drinkers.  War is not uncommon up here.  Filthy orcs, backstabbing Tokarians; there's always someone in need of killin'."  Though he never had been a soldier, nor had any particular desire to put himself in that kind of danger, Ulther nevertheless had strong opinions for those who would put their lives on the line.

"But, we have survived before, and we shall survive again.  It is what it is to be a Remusian.  But, if a few hours in here, drink in your belly can relieve some of that, then who would not do so?  Some," Ulther nodded to the top of the stairs, to where the Cavalry officer stood with the two foreigners, "consider themselves a little too good for the likes of us, but most people here are just hard workin folks like us.  Wanna make a better life for themselves, and spend their free time forgettin about the life they have."   It seemed to Ulther that this was something he imagined occurred everywhere.  An absolute truth in life.

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat

My Character can be viewed @Angelina Jolie's house.  But knock first, in case I'm in my underwear.
Nelique A’drosa
Crestfallen Heiress
Approved Character

Human ~ Anpagan

« Reply #369 on: March 07, 2009, 09:02:05 AM »

A simper started to play across Neli’s supple lips as the Remusian Lord gave his tender wishes for her comfort. When Altario began speaking of his wounds the heiress’s stormy green gaze shifted promptly from his countenance. An evident display that the wound troubled her, as a manicured hand lifted to realign a few wandering tresses from Nelique’s delicate cheek. “It is not my place to step between your health and those more adequate too tend you.” The miniscule glimpse she had garnered from a distance was far more than the young maiden had intended. Just the idea she was in such close proximity of the retched gash had her feeling lightheaded. She dared not look at what bestial medicine had been used to seal it.

Gingerly the heiress grasped the cuff of Eleyr’s robe steadfastly, if only for the strength to keep such imagery from her mind. But like all things, Nelique could wish she had never seen them but just the simplest inclination to recall and they would replay in perfect clarity. As the Remusian addressed the elf she hoped he was distracted enough to leave the diminutive grimace that had spread across her visage unnoticed. When Altario at last began his rhetoric towards her, Nelique had raised almond shaped eyes towards her councilor. Glistening lips parted as if to speak to him, but what was there to say? The elf had already exceeded all of her desires; he was playing his part well. Soothingly the maiden inhaled confining her lower lip between dazzling white teeth. The moment to talk with him would be later.

Nimbly Nelique turned to face Altario just when the Remusian finished his speech. Tiny fingers began fidgeting with the hem of her dress when she cast the injured man a temperate grin. Her shoulders lifted a wee bit into a regal poise before responding sweetly to him. “I think your presence here Orsah-Arroch Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin, speaks plenty of your intentions. I gladly accept your apology Milord, although I can only wish you pardon my crow like qualities.” Neli’s sea green eyes narrowed in mirth at the jest being made towards the General’s words from the night before. Leisurely a fragile hand rose to pat him on the forearm, golden bracelets shimmered in the morning light as they chimed together.

The tart smile never faltered as the heiress stepped aside and presented Altario with a clear path towards the rooms. The cinnabrown gown veiled the hand in respite behind her, clasping the elves tentatively poised just below her bottom. Nelique was a bit shocked she had moved so near to the majestic elf only blushing brightly towards the Remusian as she spoke spritefully. “Some privacy would probably be better Milord. A table would be even more gracious, so I could write while we speak.” Graciously she extended an arm for him to lead the way to his brother’s quarters. “If you would be so kind, I have my meals paid for. Two goblets of lukewarm water and the content of the meal I leave to you.”

Rarely do great beauty and great virtue dwell together.
Eléyr Fásamár
Serenity's Embodiment
CD Mod

Elf ~ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #370 on: March 07, 2009, 07:51:58 PM »

Adjusting his balance to some minuscule degree, Eleyr's eyes wandered over the General's form, his curiosity unabated by talk of simple medical procedures. His expertise in that regard was not limited to the mind alone, and his interest was piqued as to how these barbarians attempted to treat minor wounds. If it was in a similar manor as they had attempted other selections of culture, the elf could only predict failure in that regard, and he was forced to stifle a natural inclination to ensure the Remusian's injuries were healing properly. After all, his current role was a councilor, not a Mindsmoother, and many he had encountered throughout his stay here thus far had already suspected that the elf was not entirely who he claimed to be.

Regardless of his natural disposition towards the topic at hand, Nelique was obviously not well-acquainted to such ideas. He probably would not have noticed the minute misdemeanor, as she was quite the adept when it came to playing a facade, but his unique insight prevented any level of facial expression from truly disguising one's thoughts. Taking note of her moment of weakness, the elf subtly offered his arm, which she clutched without a moment's hesitation. Directing a bemused grin towards the General as he was introduced to him, the elf nodded curtly in his direction, sending an abundance of golden curls dancing about his beaming visage.

While picking up subtle negative tendencies from the Remusian, he did his best to filter fortitude into the mind of his ailing mistress, and could feel her poise gradually returning. His mental and physical support for her persisting, he grinned undisguisedly as Altario mentioned an interest in the wares they aimed to sell. As Nelique shifted a bit closer to him, he slipped his fingers around her hand, and looked expectantly at the Remusian, before adding his own voice to the conversation somewhat tentatively. "I would appreciate a small goblet of water as well, but chilled." His psychological support had been exhausting to say the least, and he always needed pristine, frigid water to clear his head when the circumstances required it.

~Maladies of the Mind are best soothed by those who suffer similar Afflictions~
Eléyr's CD ~¤•¤~ Character Creation ~¤•¤~ Restrictions ~¤•¤~ CD Etiquette
Eric Kattaisson
Gentleman of Fortune
Approved Character

« Reply #371 on: March 10, 2009, 08:33:26 PM »

“There’s always someone in need of killin’.”  Eric found himself nodding in agreement at Ulther’s words.  There was, indeed, always somebody who deserved to be put down; rapists, child killers, and the worst of all, mages!
   When Ulther nodded towards the top of the stairs, Eric glanced up to see who he was talking about.  Two of the faces looked familiar; surely Eric had seen them somewhere before?  Slowly, and in a rather confused manner, images from the previous night came into the pirate’s mind.  A woman with rather large breasts; an ugly man with a cut across his face; a bloody knife; a wretched latrine and a puddle of vomit…no, no, no, these two faces were from before all of that.
   As Ulther finished speaking, Eric suddenly remembered where he’d seen the two before; right in this very same bar!  They had been sitting together at a table, along with another woman and a man.
   “Oh, aye, I remem’er them two from las’ night.”  Eric said with another glance to the group at the top of the stairs.  “Merchan’tz like meself, I believe.  Bu’ I don’ righ’ly remem’er what they waz sellin’.”
   It occurred to Eric that he should go and bid them ‘good morning’, and try to find out a little more about their intentions.  So, after taking his leave from Ulther, he ascended the stairs.  When he reached the top, he bowed slightly and doffed his hat.
   “Why, g’d mornin’ there!” he said jovially.  “I trus’ ‘ee ‘ad a g’d sleep.”
   Now that he was closer to the two, Eric remembered how the elf had suffered from some kind of a seizure the night before.  “’n I ‘opez yer ‘ealth iz in a bet’er condition today,” he added good-naturedly.  “Why, I of’en sufferz with me own ‘ead somethin’ terrible, so I knowz ‘ow ‘ee feelz.”
   Now that he’d mentioned it, Eric became aware of the throbbing that was assaulting his head.  Absent-mindedly, he raised his hands to his temples and rubbed them gently.  “Seemz I ‘ad too much o’ the g’d stuff las’ night!” he said with a grin.

Don't talk ter me 'bout naval tradition; why, 'tis nowt but drink, whores 'n the lash!

Eric's CD
Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #372 on: Yesterday at 02:39:27 AM »

How was it that this woman could be so damned polite, and so aggravating in the same breath?  He had not apologized for last night.  Not then; not now.  Nor was he about to.  She had butted in to where she wasn't invited.  She had insulted him, not to mention tried to humiliate him before everyone that was there.  Still, he would not raise the issue now.  There was no point.

He then listened for her requests for refreshments, then to Eleyr's.  He leaned over the railing and yelled down to the bar.  "Barkeep!  I need four mugs of water; two warm, two cold.  Send up some klymmer eggs, varyte patties, wison cheese, not that horse cheese you sell to the drunks, and some bread with spread.  Send them to my brother's room."

Altario leaned back in, and took the arm offered by the woman and walked the eight paces to Denrykmar's room.  He looked to her, and removed his arm from her grasp as he opened the door and then peered inside.  To his relief, no scantly dressed woman was still asleep in the bed. 

He then heard a stranger approach and begin talking to the woman and elf, in an accent so strong it hurt Altario's ears.  Barbarian's.  He didn't recognize the man.  But, he wasn't Remusian, and obviously not part of this princess' retinue, if his garish dress was any indication.

It was, however, a fortuitous interuption, and Altario took the opportunity to step inside the room, ahead of the other two.  He kicked discarded clothes that lay on the floor, both male and female, onto the bed, then used the wison blanket to cover them up.  He hurried to the table and removed the empty bottle of Whisk-Away, placing it in the corner of the room.  With a dirty shirt of Ryk's, Altario wiped off the table as best he could, sweeping old bits of food onto the floor.  He then tossed the shirt onto the bed.

It was poor, but it would have to do.  He knew she would not approve, nor would the elf, but... No, there was no "but".  They would be right.  How did Ryk live like this?  Oh, well.  It was too late now.  He would just have to make do.  And so would they.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:42:37 AM by Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin » Logged

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[Today at 05:45:10 AM]

by Rhia
[Today at 05:40:06 AM]

by Rhia
[Today at 05:20:40 AM]

[Today at 02:41:35 AM]

by Galein
[Yesterday at 11:47:25 PM]