Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

gfx gfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register    gfx gfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!
Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

- THE CD FORUM POSTICON SYSTEM -

Below is a summary on the posticons used for the character description approval process. The posticon of the first post should always be edited according to the current state of completion of the character description (either by the player, a Moderator or an Administrator).
1) PLAYER - CD is incomplete. Use this posticon if you have not finished your CD.  4) MODERATOR - CD has been approved by one moderator. A second mod's approval is needed.
 2) PLAYER - CD is completed. Use this if you have finished working on your CD.  5) MODERATOR - CD has been approved by two moderators. An Administrator should soon take care of the titling.
 3) MODERATOR - An expert's opinion is needed. The specific field in which the expert's help is needed should be added to the title.  6) ADMINISTRATOR - An administrator has titled the character, and the thread will soon be moved to the CD Archives.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thraun/ Helcrani & Centaurian/ Beast Tamer, Warrior Mercenary, & Forest Ranger.  (Read 145 times)
Thraun
New Santharian

« on: October 23, 2007, 12:42:52 AM »

•   Name
Thraun.
•               Race
Human
•   Tribe
Helcrani & Centaurian
•   Title
Captain
•   Occupation
Beast Tamer/Warrior Mercenary/Forest Ranger

•   Appearance

Height
2 peds.

Weight (optional)
2 pygge

Hair Colour
Light Brown

Eye Colour
Sapphire Blue.

Physical Appearance
Thraun is very muscular, with tribal tattoos on his upper arms and upper back. Thraun also has a scar from the top of his nose just below his right eye to the bottom of his very defined cheekbone.

Clothing
Thraun wears very thick and heavy Argrothin bear furs over his half plate hauberk which is used for its lightness allowing speed.
•   Personality
Thraun is a happy outgoing person who likes to help people for the sake of it but doesn’t mind a few rewards for it.
•   Strengths and Weaknesses

Strengths
Speed – allowing him to move faster than the average creature.
Agility – allowing him to evade attacks easily.

Weaknesses
Thraun is not wise to the world making him naïve and easily endangered.
•   History
Thraun lost both his parents at the same time at the age of 6 and is very angry about that. His parents died when a group of ice trolls attacked his village. Thraun has also fought in a lot of battles for his tribe. Thraun Has also trained with the men of the Kasumarii NightSons.
•   Weapons
Thraun carries a herlemin (obtained from his father) on his back and a smaller Draskovaer Blade as well as 20 Throwing Axes.
•   Belongings
Thraun has a special Unicorn horn amulet which he took from his mother.
•   Familiars
Thraun has a tamed Ashmarian wolf which accompanies him everywhere he calls it hirad and an ulgaroth draught beast to help him move faster named Gigi.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 05:10:50 AM by Twén Aråerwén » Logged
Vesk Lyricahl
Woeful Rover
Admin

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 12:54:11 AM »

I point you to the Restrictions. Ulvur are not playable due to being mythical.

I am but a dreamer in this waking nightmare some would call life. ~ Vesk
Thraun
New Santharian

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 06:50:52 PM »

i didn't think to look at the restrictions thank you for the advice friend. i'm upset about that though cos i wanted to be an ulvur ahh well. i've now edited my original post.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 07:22:56 PM by Thraun » Logged
Rookie Brownbark
Skydiver
Approved Character

Brownie, Llaoihrr

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 08:00:01 PM »

Now read the sticky in this forum titled "Headings and other things READ BEFORE POSTING A CD" ;)

Thankyou!  Here are some comments  grin

•   Name
Thraun.
•               Race
Human
•   Tribe
Helcrani & Centaurian
•   Title
Captain
•   Occupation

•   Appearance

Height
2 peds.   This is about 6ft 6 – rather tall for both Helcrani and Centaurian people. Its probably possible, only I think it might be worth mentioning in your Physical Appearance.  Also who did you inherit the height from?

Weight (optional)
2 pygge

Hair Colour
Light Brown

Eye Colour
Sapphire Blue.

Physical Appearance
Thraun is very muscular, with tribal tattoos on his upper arms and upper back. Thraun also has a scar from the top of his nose just below his right eye to the bottom of his very defined cheekbone.
Please expand this – we really want to be able to see your character.  If you’re stuck for ideas have a read of some other CDs

Clothing
Thraun wears very thick and heavy Argrothin bear furs over his half plate hauberk which is used for its lightness allowing speed.

Where did he get the bear furs?  Did he buy them?  How did he afford them? Also describe his attire to us in more detail – what are the colours/lengths/ages of his clothes for example?  Does he wear shoes?

•   Personality
Thraun is a happy outgoing person who likes to help people for the sake of it but doesn’t mind a few rewards for it.
This is one of the more important sections as it helps us tell how your going to role play your character.  Please add some more details  ;)

•   Strengths and Weaknesses

Strengths
Speed – allowing him to move faster than the average creature.
Agility – allowing him to evade attacks easily.

Weaknesses
Thraun is not wise to the world making him naïve and easily endangered.
Weapon skills need to be added into your strengths and we usually ask for 2-3 sentences explanation for each strength and weakness as it helps us gauge how much it effects him.  For example, we know he is more agile than average, but how much more agile?

•   History
Thraun lost both his parents at the same time at the age of 6 and is very angry about that. His parents died when a group of ice trolls attacked his village. Thraun has also fought in a lot of battles for his tribe. Thraun Has also trained with the men of the Kasumarii NightSons.
  How did his parents meet?  They come from completely different tribes and in the middle ages people didn’t generally travel very far out of their own village. Where did you grow up?

I think ice trolls are actually called snow trolls and live on the continent of Cyhalloi  - so not near your village (fortunately for your tribe!)

I’m not sure the Kasumarii would train a man of another tribe unless there was a very good reason for it.  Plus, how did he get to them – they live on a different continent.

•   Weapons
Thraun carries a herlemin (obtained from his father) on his back and a smaller Draskovaer Blade as well as 20 Throwing Axes.
These skills should be listed in your strengths, plus you should tell us where you learnt to use them in your history

•   Belongings
Thraun has a special Unicorn horn amulet which he took from his mother.
Unicorns are mythical and so you can’t own the horn of one.  You could own an amulet shaped like a horn though, or something he believes to be a unicorn horn.

•   Familiars
Thraun has a tamed Ashmarian wolf which accompanies him everywhere he calls it hirad and an ulgaroth draught beast to help him move faster named Gigi
Tell us where you got both of these in your history please.  They should also be listed in your strengths really.

I hope that helps, and I wish you a speedy approval

Rookie xxx

« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 01:58:09 PM by Rookie Brownbark » Logged

Tobac Indalen
Wandering Bard
Approved Character

Elf, Diorye'oleal

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 10:51:31 AM »

Bump.
I know what it's like. I remember seeing my CD on the third page.

Personally, I think you should line up the first few things. Maybe 'things' isn't the best word. Something like this:

Name - Thraun

Gender - Male.

Age - 25

Race - Human

Tribe - Helcrani & Centaurian

Title - Captain

Occupation - Beast Tamer/Warrior Mercenary/Forest Ranger

Or you could at least space it:

•Name
Thraun

•Race
Human

•Tribe
Helcrani & Centaurian

•Title
Captain

•Occupation

Anyway, it's up to you. Welcome to here. We have cookies.

"Reality leaves much to the imagination..."
Thraun
New Santharian

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 11:44:03 AM »

thanks guys and ah sorry rookie i didn't see that there.
Rookie Brownbark
Skydiver
Approved Character

Brownie, Llaoihrr

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 12:38:48 PM »

Thought you might have missed it  ;)

Thraun
New Santharian

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 01:15:00 AM »

after alot of thought i have copied everything i wrote here and rookies comment into a word document.
because i now realize that i don't have enough time to put the effort into this as much as i would like or need to. so when i get more time i will come back and do this again. this is not goodbye just a parting till another time.
Kalína Mërénwèn
Bringer of Song and Dreams
Admin

Elf, Mélad'rhím/ Injerín

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 02:40:43 AM »

Well, it looks like you are coming along well and heading in the right direction so I look forward to the additions/changes ^.^

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Lady Kalina
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Members
Total Members: 17954
Latest: dogman14
Stats
Total Posts: 143215
Total Topics: 5084
Online Today: 25
Online Ever: 216