Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

gfx gfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register    gfx gfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!
Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

- THE CD FORUM POSTICON SYSTEM -

Below is a summary on the posticons used for the character description approval process. The posticon of the first post should always be edited according to the current state of completion of the character description (either by the player, a Moderator or an Administrator).
1) PLAYER - CD is incomplete. Use this posticon if you have not finished your CD. 4) MODERATOR - CD has been approved by one moderator. A second mod's approval is needed.
2) PLAYER - CD is completed. Use this if you have finished working on your CD. 5) MODERATOR - CD has been approved by two moderators. An Administrator should soon take care of the titling.
3) MODERATOR - An expert's opinion is needed. The specific field in which the expert's help is needed should be added to the title. 6) ADMINISTRATOR - An administrator has titled the character, and the thread will soon be moved to the CD Archives.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Car'reoll/ meladrhim/ blacksmith/ adventurer  (Read 400 times)
car'reoll
New Santharian

« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2007, 02:36:43 AM »

How do I change the symbol on the right to get comments.
Simonne Miller
Meddling Herbalist
CD Mod

Human, Caltharian

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2007, 05:03:31 PM »

You have the right posticon, don't worry. Please be a little patient because there are a lot of people out there asking for our attention :)

Name:Car'reoll
Mies'efer'oh (Means: Heart Starlight)

Race: Meladrhim (Grey Elves)Your race is 'Elf'

Tribe: Grey Elves

Title: Ranger

Height: 2peds

Weight: 1 pygge and 2 Heb You realise that for someone who is 2 peds, this is a very light weight? You'd look like a skeleton :) A somewhat more normal weight but still quite skinny would be 1 pygge 6 hebs.

Hair Color: very light blond

Eye Color: Green

Appearance: Car'reoll is slender, but muscular. Has a star shaped birthmark on his right arm.
His hair has grown to about the middle of his back, his left pointer finger has been bitten off by a wolf. His skin is White almost pale.

Clothing: Normally he wears a light green tunic with gold lace, with brown pants, when he is a blacksmith he wears a brown leather apron and on adventures he wears leather armor. Also he wears two metal bracelets on his wrists.

Personality: Car'reoll is very curios, he loves to learn though it takes him a long time because he goes into such detail, but others say he still rushes a bit. He can be very serious mainly when he is trying to focus on one thing. When he is not serious he can be very funny and likes to joke. Please tell us a bit more about him. How does he see the worl? Does he like spending time with other people or is he more of a loner? Does he get really angry about certain things? That kind of thing.

Strengths:

Knowledgeable about places, other race and many other things
Endurance
Smooth fighter (learned fighting also from firend)
Good blacksmith

Weaknesses

Not so fast (Reason: he is just not the fastest compared to other elves
A bit pridefull (reason: this can seem a littel annoying at times)

Please, tell us why they are strengths and weaknesses in one or two lines. Also, you'll need more weaknesses to balance your character out. You might want to look at some of the approved characters to see how they balanced their character.

Magic: none

history: For most of his life he lived alone, his parents died in an earlier battle. When he was about 30. After his parents died he was taken in by a close friend until he was able to live on his own. He was an apprentice to this friend who was a blacksmith. He works as a blacksmith when he his in his home town and any were else when needed. In his years he has traveled all across the land learning and sometimes fighting. In some of his battles he has obtained swords and weapons which he studies and uses to make other weapons. In one of his travels he came across a wounded hawk which he took in and healed it, after it was healed the hawk would not leave so now it his his own. During the same adventure he was attacked by a pack of wolfs but all they got from him was is finger. Also during his travels he has met many blacksmiths and learned their techniques and how to make various weapons.

Weapons: bow, Double Kilij Blade (got after a battle), spear, makes most of his weapons himself You will need to add each weapon to your strengths and tell us how proficient he is with them.

Belongings: Various weapons from battles and his travels. Does he have nothing else? Not even, oh, I don't know, a blanket to keep him warm at night?

familiars: A hawk which he takes when travailing. He calls him Rain (meaning warrior) Tell us, preferably in his history, how he came by this hawk.

That's it for now; I'll come back later :)

Youth is the gift of nature, but age is a work of art...

Simonne Miller
Talon Blaidedge
Caviler of Knowledge and Light
Approved Character

Half-Elf, Centoraurian/ Injerín

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2007, 08:34:15 PM »

I would think that in order to have the aptitude to be a blacksmith he would need to be on the built heavier side, after all blacksmithing tools aren't light.

It is with our passions, as it is with fire and water, they are good servants but bad masters.
car'reoll
New Santharian

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2007, 08:43:21 AM »

Thanks to both. Also I thought i already put info about the hawk in the history or is that not enough, if so what else can i add, and do I have to put everything he owns for his belonging or just things he takes on his adventures.  :) :(  Thanks! dummy
Helvl
The Cold Pilgrim
Approved Character

Half-Elf, Korweynite/ Karrhem

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2007, 03:53:19 PM »

Hi I would do a uri-check in orange

Name:Car'reoll Mies'efer'oh (Means: Heart Starlight)

Race: Elf

Tribe: Meladrhim (Grey Elves)

Title: Ranger

Height: 2(space) peds

Weight: 1 pygge and 6 Heb

Hair Color: Very light blond

Eye Color: Green

Appearance: Car'reoll is slender, but muscular in build. He has a star shaped birthmark on his right arm.
    His hair has grown to about the middle of his back. His left pointer finger has been bitten off by a wolf. His skin is white, almost pale.

Clothing: Normally he wears a light green tunic with gold lace, with brown pants. When he is a blacksmith he wears a brown leather apron. And on adventures he wears leather armor. Also he wears two metal bracelets on his wrists.

Personality: Car'reoll is very curios. He loves to learn though it takes him a long time because he goes into such detail, but others say he still rushes a bit(A contradicting statement... He studies something in great detail but he is still seen rushing?). He views everything as a challenge. He can also be very serious, mainly when he is trying to focus on one thing. When he is not serious he can be very funny and likes to joke. Car'reoll likes spending time with people mostly elves but he still does not mind others. Though he does not like every thing in the world he knows he can't change everything so he ignores it. Though when someone is annoying he has as hard time ignoring it and can blow up.

Strengths:
    • Knowledgeable about places, other race and many other things
    (Can you explain to us how can this be counted as a strength of his?)
    • Endurance
    (Same comment as above)
    • Smooth fighter (learned fighting also from firend)
    (You do not need to explain here where he learned fighting but rather explain it in the history)
    • Good blacksmith
    (How can this be his strenght???)
    [/list]
    (You need to explain how can these be a str.)
    Weaknesses
    • Not so fast (Reason: he is just not the fastest compared to other elves(Hmm... I think this weakness is invalid. Being slower than the other elves does not mean that he will die. Further elaboration of this weakness might be sufficient enough
    • A bit pridefull (elaborate this weakness as well please) (reason: this can seem a littel annoying at times)
    • Can have a short temper
    (Elaborate this weakness as well please)
    [/list]

Magic: none (You can remove this if you wanty)

history: For most of his life he lived alone, his parents died in an earlier battle. When he was about 30. After his parents died he was taken in by a close friend until he was able to live on his own. He was an apprentice to this friend who was a blacksmith. He works as a blacksmith when he his in his home town and any were else when needed. In his years he has traveled all across the land learning and sometimes fighting. In some of his battles he has obtained swords and weapons which he studies and uses to make other weapons. In one of his travels he came across a wounded hawk which he took in and healed it, after it was healed the hawk would not leave so now it his his own. During the same adventure he was attacked by a pack of wolfs but all they got from him was is finger. Also during his travels he has met many blacksmiths and learned their techniques and how to make various weapons.
    (The History is somewhat lacking...IMHO)
    Weapons: bow, Double Kilij Blade (got after a battle)(You do not need to write here how you got what but rather you have to write it in your history), spear, makes most of his weapons himself

Belongings: Various weapons from battles and his travels.

familiars: A hawk which he takes when travailing. He calls him Rain (meaning warrior)[/list][/list]
    Any more details about the Hawk??? How does it look like?

Well thats all for now! Good luck!

"Twice now that I have turned my back, there will be no third"
    "Helvl Ypheren"
    Simonne Miller
    Meddling Herbalist
    CD Mod

Human, Caltharian

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2007, 04:21:08 PM »

(Hmm... I think this weakness is invalid. Being slower than the other elves does not mean that he will die. Further elaboration of this weakness might be sufficient enough

Helvil, having a weakness doesn't mean the character will die. To give an example, one of my characters has only one hand. It's not going to kill him, but you can't deny it's a weakness.

That doesn't mean I don't agree that not running fast needs more explanation why it's a weakness :)

Simonne Miller
    car'reoll
    New Santharian

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2007, 07:47:20 PM »

Quesion!!! Since I have to add my weapons to the strengths list does that mean i have to have more weaknesses.
    Simonne Miller
    Meddling Herbalist
    CD Mod

Human, Caltharian

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2007, 10:35:25 PM »

Yes :)

Simonne Miller
    car'reoll
    New Santharian

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2007, 07:45:09 PM »

I noticed you guys don't always agree on what i should do.  grin
    No one has told me about the Hawk. angry
    Twn Arerwn
    Melancholy Mage
    CD Mod

Elf, Iferhm

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2007, 09:07:59 PM »

Let me make a recommendation to you Car'reoll. Do you see the lovely plaque that Simonne is wearing? Yeah, that kinda means her comments are correct, since they are the ones required to satisfy the board for approval.

I would like to see his strengths and weaknesses defined in 2-3 sentences. This adds depth and allows moderators to see how great of a strength or weakness each of them are. Nothing elaborate but some mention of how each have helped (strengths) or hindered (weaknesses) him in the past.     
    Strengths:
        * Knowledgeable about places, other race and many other things Many other things, is a bit broad and should be quantified down to what he "does" know.
        * Endurance
        * Smooth fighter (learned fighting also from firend<--friend)
        * Good blacksmith

Weaknesses
        * Not so fast (Reason: he is just not the fastest compared to other elves
        * A bit pridefull<--prideful (reason: this can seem a littel<--little annoying at times)
        * Can have a short temper Most people "can" have a short temper. Please define how this affects him more-so than the average person.

I hope my comments aid you in being titled soon. If you have any questions please feel free to ask them here as there are many willing to help you. I changed the icon to the pencil while you make edits, please return it to the exclamation mark when you are finished and ready for more comments.
    ~Sincerely~
    Co cr'tuulens:Twen Araerwen
    « Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 09:21:35 PM by Twn Arerwn » Logged

he pe e pon the rowd ike a ragon, ncient and u o eath
    car'reoll
    New Santharian

« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2007, 11:35:53 PM »

yep still here
    Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
    Print
    Jump to:  

Recent Posts