Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thirsty Herald XVI: Day 4 Sunreign  (Read 84033 times)
Khel
Unbound Rogue
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2007, 05:02:34 AM »

Khel stirred, feet moving restlessly in her sleep. Daylight shone across her closed eyes, creating an orange glow through her eyelids. Mind slowly awakening, a small smile crossed her thin lips. Altogether happy she had paused to give this tavern a chance, Khel stretched her legs out, flexing her muscles and taking a happy deep breath. Movement caught her attention, and she stopped short, sucking in a sharp breath and holding it there. However, as she inhaled a familiar scent caught her, and her eyes opened in a flash, revealing Drexal propped on the bed beside her. Letting out a sigh of relief again, purple-tinted orbs shone happily in morning's first light. Not used to waking beside anyone except Bristol, Khel had an instinctive urge to push herself away; to scramble out of the bed and ask what the hell he thought he was doing.

Before her temper could mount, however, Khel remembered the previous night, and looked closely at the gentle eyes of her new friend. Or, more than a friend, rather. Surely there was no reason to push this man away. Together, they seemed to harmonize in perfect rhythm, and by the time she had fallen to sleep in an exhausted heap, Khel no longer had any doubts about Drex's intentions nor of his care for her. Shivering a little at the thought of the passion between them, Khel pushed herself up on her arm, facing Drexal as he faced her. Brushing raven hair away from her pale face, Khel smiled brightly into his visage and the sunbeam fallen into the room.

"Mornin'.." Letting out a wide yawn, Khel's eyes watered and she smiled a little sheepishly. Did he enjoy the night as much as she? Did he even want to be here, still? Gazing at him, Khel deciphered that he looked happy enough, rested enough, and content enough to stay put. This lightened Khel's mood considerably. Would they be off today? Where would they go? After a night like the last, could they even be business partners? Khel's face visibly darkened as she thought of letting her emotions run so far amok as to get in the way of her business endeavors. She was a woman of wit and charm, a woman who could craft anything into a profitable situation for her and her opponent. To put emotions first was simply not her style.

Besides all that, his apparent unending interest in her past would be a hindrance in their relationship. If he kept pressing further, and she continued to resist.. as she planned to.. they might argue more than desired. Sighing slightly, Khel realized the expression on her rounded face must have been slightly disturbing as she stared hard at Drex, and she downcast her eyes, still deep in thought. Pulling absently on her hair with a free hand, Khel continued to anticipate relational problems they had yet to discover.

..tell me your heart doesn't race for a hurricane or a burning building. -asw
Your pal, Khel
Nyxthia Calfuray
Inquisitive Regenade
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2007, 10:04:59 AM »

"An' hav' ye a few maps t' display? I shou'd love t' see 'em. Mayhap we spen' t' morn' outdoors? After finishin' wit breakfas' o' course. T' b' hones' I'm none too sure if t' animals are s'pos'd t' b' in da tavern.." Céyehne trailed off. Nyxie looked around the tavern herself. Yes, Céyehne was right. There was a multitude of animals in the common area: a wolf, a fox, a dog and a cat, not counting Glacier. Personally, Nyxie liked animals, and thought them as friends, but by experience, most taverns and inn thought them to be nuisances. Oh, yes. I wonder if Geralt's hair ever grew back... she mused, a small grin crossing her face as she was momentarily transported back to a little tuffle a few months back.

Snapping back to the present, she nodded at Céyehne. "Yes, maybe we should. As for the maps, sure. I shall dredge out some from the deep recesses of my pack," she said jokingly. She was always happy to share her maps with anyone who asked. Hopping off her stool, she knelt down and dug in, fingers searching for the clasp of its inner pocket. Her fingertips suddenly touched cold metal, and she pulled, a bundle of tightly wrapped paper falling out. Hurriedly picking it up from the dirty floor, she dusted it off before handing it to Céyehne. "Here you go," she said cheerfully. She motioned towards the door. "Shall we go outside on this beautiful morn?" she asked.
~
Glacier chomped on the new piece that Nyxie gave him. The one thing good thing about humans, he pondered, was the fact that they felt responsible for you, and cared for you well. It's a good deal, really. She takes care of me, I protect her. I get steady food, she gets a friend. At least, that was my first intention, he thought ruefully. Now, I just can't bear to leave her. She's like a miniature cub with the way she acts sometimes, and somehow, I feel responsible for her. Frankly, Glacier really was surprised at the way his relationship with Nyxthia changed so drastically. At first, all he wanted was food, but now, he genuinely cared and loved the dark haired lady.

His train of thoughts was interrupted by a small... thing hitting his flanks. Repeatedly. His big head turned to look at it. Oh. It was a... whatchamacallit... fox. Yes. Apparently, it really enjoyed irritating the hell outta big, nasty creatures that outweighed it by one to a hundred. It was cute.

Glacier brought his face down to eye level with the fox. Hello, his almond hued eyes seemed to say. He hoped he wouldn't frighten the little thing away; he liked the spunk in this one.

Twén Aråerwén
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Ifer’hém

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2007, 12:14:42 PM »

She raised almond shaped eyes to look upon Tiras, the opaque orbs obscure beneath golden curls that danced flippantly in the zephyrs sweeping through the open doorway. Twen’s supple lips parted into a wide smile as the man presented her with a rose. Melodic words flowed over well trained lips. “Thank yee M’lord, tis my pleasure to meet your acquaintance.” A delicate hand swept from Torscha’s arm to elevate the flower from its resting place. Eyes narrowed as spilk like petals caressed the tip of the elf’s pudgy nose, lips flowing into a radiant beam.

Only force of will brought the elf from her bliss as the Centoraurian addressed her once again. Twen noted the humans haste to change the subject matter that Tiras had so eloquently introduced. It was indeed an infrequent occurrence for her to be presented with offerings and kind words. The mere design of it had the elfess at a loss for words; luckily Torscha was not so flustered. Although she yearned to remain vague the man seemed very intent upon drawing her into a meaningful conversation. Eyelids for a second time parted, revealing a shimmer of restrained fire almost tangible in the opulent depths of ancient eyes.

The nudging of Fizzle upon the elf’s lithe legs, finally released the mage from Torscha’s blackened gaze. Metallic grey eyes shifted from the men to peer down at the ashen grey Ximaxian cat. The cats violet eyes starred up at her as the animal broke into a rumbling purr. The elfess reached out slowly with images taught to her over years by the cat. Images designed as a pleasant good morning between the two, perfected over countless late nights spent with only each others company. A pointed ear twitched a bit as Twen’s mind focused again upon the gambler. 

As the Centoraurian shifted quickly between speaking to her and then The White Rose, Twen swiftly comprehended that he was adamant about not speaking alone. Petite shoulders shrugged nonchalantly as she bent at the knees to caress Fizzle ever so gently. Frail digits wrapped about the cats girth, she hauled him up to rest upon the countertop. Violet eyes scanned back and forth between the two men, the stare seemingly devoid of concern. The cat’s fluffy paws received a thorough cleaning, his eyes never ceasing their constant vigilance. Torscha had seemed finished with his flamboyant rhetoric and assumptions.

With one hand Twen started to caress the full length of the large cats form. A temperate grin cast towards the gambler, softly spoken words rolled over crimson lips. “I would love to eat my breakfast in such esteemed company. I do not think my services are needed quite yet, Lori Lo and Samuel can handle the patrons.” Supple lips pursed to blow flippantly at a few slack curls that had yet again fallen over an eye. “I shall join yee men for a bite to eat, but I am not one for games of chance. Still a bit of conversation over some good food sounds wonderful.”

“I shall return in a few moments, neither of yee wander off in my absence.” Light-heartedly she directed them a charming wink, gracefully turning about to retrieve her meal from the kitchen. Twen looked over a tiny shoulder before exiting the main hall. "Sir a tale now or later would be your choice, I am sure whenever yee wish to share would be appropriate." An inquisitive gleam flashed over the mage's eyes, restraining a giggle in response to how the humans had made her feel. Without question she desired to hear what brought Torscha to this place, but sharing her own life with him was a daunting concept. Flashes of them both portrayed as imagery in the mage's mind, a constant companion on the short journey into the kitchen. Fizzle sat attentively staring at the gentlemen.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 06:23:21 AM by Twén Aråerwén » Logged

•º•The spell fell upon the crowd like a dragon, •º•
•º•ancient and full of death.•º•
_.·´¯) Twén Aråerwén's CD(¯`·._
Drexal ben Putin
Fighter
Approved Character

Human, Lyr'teimor Kuglim

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2007, 02:06:32 PM »

As Drex watched the woman beside him sleeping, he began to have doubts.  He realized how little he knew of her, and she of him.  What would she think this morning?  When he had burst into her room last night, after arguing with her as much as anything else that night, he had been driven by an animalistic urge that he could not deny.  At the time, it seemed perfectly natural, and she had reacted positively to it, but how would she look upon him in the morning light?

He did not have much time to worry about it as Khel began to stir, and a moment later, she opened her eyes.  Though she smiled, he could sense her tension.  His heart fell.  It was as he had feared.

She propped herself up on her elbow, mirroring him, and she smiled brightly.  He was somewhat consoled, as she greeted him.  He smiled back.  "Good morning to you too.  I hope your dreams were pleasant ones."

Her face darkened and her eyes turned toward the mattress.  She could no longer even hold his gaze.  He felt a lump in his chest, and suddenly the tension in the room was palpable.  It was too painful to bare.

Swallowing hard, Drex pulled back the covers and swung his long legs from the bed.  He stood and walked nude over to where the pile of clothes lay strewn about, neglectfully thrown during their moment of pure passion.  He picked through them, pulling on his breeches, then his shirt.  When he pulled on his boots, he returned his smokey look to the woman in the bed, her hair hanging seductively down before her, hiding her breasts behind a raven coloured veil.  He felt himself wanting her again, though he knew it may never occur again.

He mind scrambled to change the subject, though no conversation was currently ongoing.  "Would you like to go downstairs for something to eat, or would you like me to bring something up for you?"  Or would you like me to leave and not come back?

Khel
Unbound Rogue
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2007, 03:12:10 PM »

Drexal looked uncertain. After last night Khel would have thought his mind was pretty set. Her straying thoughts were disrupted as he said good morning and smiled back. That was the smile that so allured her. Eyes shining violet again, her lips parted to greet him further, but he darkened and hoisted himself out of the bed. Crestfallen, Khel frowned and creased her forehead. When he asked if she'd like to get breakfast, she pulled the blanket around her and sat up. Looking curiously at him, the look on his face scared her. Just met, one night later he's planning to depart? There was no way she was allowing him to do so. He seemed eager to leave the situation he was currently in, but Khel felt her temperature rising thinking again on his body as she had just watched him dress. His muscles, smooth skin.. He was an attractive man.

Why leave? Why even go downstairs while it was light out when they had each other? "What's your hurry, Drexal? You have any plans today?" Raising her eyebrows in questioning, she couldn't help but smile. Despite any unforeseen problems, why dwell on them now? Why the hell did it matter as long as they enjoyed the time provided them? Khel forced all unanswered questions from her mind and planted her feet on the floor, standing and holding tightly to the blanket. Stepping forward to where Drexal stood, already dressed, she ran a slender hand through his long hair. If only she could actually tell him what she felt. Alas, she would never work up the courage to do so.

Instead, she said, "Why so eager to get away from me?" Her voice rang true, concerned for the two of them together, not for herself as an individual. It was the most sincere she could force herself to sound without losing that edge of jest which was so obvious in most of her speech. Her thin frame was warm beneath the blanket, the light shone perfectly into the room and radiated between them. This was a perfect morning, why was Drexal trying so earnestly to ruin it?

Your pal, Khel
Céyehne
Simple Shadow
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2007, 03:43:43 PM »

Nyxthia dug within her pack and pulled out a bundle of parchment, handing it to Céyehne and motioning for them to leave the tavern. Nodding and taking the bundle, Céyehne finished her last bite and stood, pulling on her snowy locks as she surveyed the tavern one more time. It was quite crowded with animals milling about.... it would be good to get the great bear outdoors and clear the place up a bit. Holding tight to the bundle, Céyehne smiled at Nyxie and strode confidently past her, white attire shining in the morning light as she opened the door and let the way back out into the day. It was beautiful. The stables nearby smelled wonderful, and Céyehne took a deep breath. Taking a few steps away from the door, Céyehne turned right and found a fairly level patch of ground. "Alrigh' if I lay 'em out on t' groun'?" Céyehne asked smoothly, surveying the area.

Distant eyes remembered traveling in deserts past. Forests, mountains and rivers had carried Céyehne through the world, from Inn to Tavern and back again she danced and performed. Watching the younger woman, her raven hair shining, Céyehne's eyes lit up in anticipation for what she had seen and would share with Céyehne now. Perhaps each map had a story, perhaps Céyehne would learn something of her world she did not already know.. which, she guessed, was too much. Smiling, she waited in anticipation to lay out the maps and look into the face of the known world.

cry me a future where the revelations run amok.
Céyehne
Drexal ben Putin
Fighter
Approved Character

Human, Lyr'teimor Kuglim

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2007, 04:13:59 PM »

Drexal's head was swimming.  He knew he wasn't the brightest boy in the land, but he doubted anyone would be able to figure out this woman.  Just when he thought they were over, even before they had started, she climbed out of the bed and approached him, requesting that he not leave, no less.  His eyes closed, as her small fingers ran through his long hair; it not yet placed in its normal ponytail.

He opened his eyes again at her query.  "I'm not eager to leave.  I just...." the words were sticking in his throat, threatening to make him gag.  His dark eyes met hers, the purple in them softened in the light streaming in from the window.

What did he want to say?  What could he say?  What did she want from him?  So many questions, and for a man who had never spent copious amounts of time contemplating anything before, he was at a loss as to how to react.  He could feel the demon building within; the anger, the hurt, the explosion of sensations that always seemed to lurk out there, just beyond his ability to control it.  He didn't want to give in.  It scared him when he gave in.  It was as if he were trapped within his own mind, helpless to control the outer shell that was his body.  He did not want that.  Not now.

He fought the beast that dwelt inside, his head beginning to pound.  It ached so much that his ears began to ring, and the sounds of the room faded into oblivion.  He squeezed his eyes shut, feeling a single tear roll down his left cheek.

NO!  I will not give in!

As he concentrated on the beast, his mind traveled back to the tavern, and the touch that calmed him, that quieted the beast so completely.  It had been Khel's hand on his arm.  He needed that touch; he needed her!

He was not aware of anything in the room by this point, but suddenly his lips felt a warmth.  A tender, hesitant, almost childlike warmth of lip on lip.  His eyes fluttered open, as his heart pounded in his chest, enough that he feared it bursting forth from within.  Without knowing when or how, he had leaned forward and pressed his lips to hers.  He was about to pull back, and apologize, but the taste of her was just too strong an impulse for him to fight. 

Instead, he once again closed his eyes and wrapped his arms about her, pulling her close to him.

Krinaia
Gifted Enchantress
Approved Character

Half-Elf, Arthyron/ Centoraurian

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2007, 07:57:10 PM »

Aminah replied with thanks and said that she would pay the maid when she would go down stairs. “Ok” Krinaia nodded and said nothing more to break the peaceful silence which engulfed the room now. Turing she made to go out of the room behind Yurie and she noticed that the crow was back on his shoulder. She remembered how Yurie had communicated with it and made a mental note of asking him about it.

Turning to give a last look over her shoulder to the bard she noticed a dog short gold fur moving towards Aminah. She hadn’t seen or heard it enter. She watched as Aminah ran her hand down his back in long, smooth strokes. Smiling a little she moved out the door and lightly fell into step beside Yurie.

The noise in the tavern had grown and so had the number of patrons Krinaia realized when she came into the clear view of the room. This surprised her and she wondered how long they were in upstairs. But surly not that long for she could see that the day was still young.   

There were all assortments of people and animals present in the inn: humans, elves, an orc, a cat, and a bear. She looked back again to the large figure that was the bear as her mind registered what her eyes were seeing. A great black bear sat near the bar! This shocked her a bit but when the initial astonishment lifted she noticed a blur of something at its feet and with growing interest she saw that it was a fox.

Her eyes moved to the bear a third time as it lowered it head at eyelevel to the fox. It seemed harmless and probably was tame because otherwise Sam might not have let it in. But she had to admit that the fox had spunk because there wouldn’t be many people that would go near the bear.

Tearing her eyes from the animals she turned to Yurie. The aroma of food was making her if possible hungrier. She brushed a strand of hair out of her face and asked Yurie, “So should we order.”

Till taught by pain, men know not water's worth
Nyxthia Calfuray
Inquisitive Regenade
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2007, 11:31:56 PM »

At the door, Nyxthia whistled sharply to Glacier. Although he was currently distracted by a fox, he looked up. Nyxthia raised a hand and beckoned him; Céyehne was already outside, and Nyxthia didn't want to be left behind. Glacier's pawsteps made small, but audible thumps on the floor as he lumbered towards her. Nyxthia opened the door wider to accommodate his large girth, and they both walked towards Céyehne.

"Alrigh' if I lay 'em out on t' groun'?"
Nyxthia heard Céyehne say. A faraway look came into the older woman's eyes. Ones that appeared when reality faded away and memories took its place. Being a frequent of that fabled place, it was an altogether most pleasant place to be, in Nyxie's opinion, but she was loath to speak, as she would hate to tear Céyehne away from her thoughts. Nyxthia decided to just stand beside Céyehne, and waited for her to come back.

Soon, the cloudy look in her eyes slowly faded away, and it shone with life once more. It looked expectantly at her, and Nyxthia quickly answered her previous question. "Go right ahead," Nyxthia smiled. A thought came to her mind, partly inspired by her inquisitive nature, partly by the dice game. "Say, Céyehne. Why don't we trade tales? When we find a place we both have gone to before, let's trade an experience we had," she suggested eagerly. It would be interesting to find out why and where she learnt dancing.   

Khel
Unbound Rogue
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2007, 07:22:42 AM »

Khel watched him, curiously searching his eyes until he squeezed them shut. Drexal's face screwed up in what looked like an attempt to repress something. Worry now etched itself into Khel's pale features. What...? When a tear made its way down the big man's cheek, Khel moved from worried to truly perplexed. What was raging within him? The young woman could not venture a guess, violet eyes veiled by raven eyelashes did not chance a blink. Perhaps his own brown orbs would open into his soul, and Khel would get a lucky glimpse of all he would not dare to tell her. Before she could react at all, however, he leaned in and suddenly his lips were on her own. All the tension in his muscled body faded, and he seemed to nearly melt into her.

More confused than ever, Khel did not move. She held fast to the blanket around her now shivering body. However, the fire in Drexal's kiss spread as he wrapped his arms securely around her and pulled her in. Sinking into his body, Khel released her cover and held him close. Whatever what in his man's heart, she sympathized, and it mattered more to her than anything she could remember. Its importance surpassed all else, however somehow the woman knew she could not.. and certainly would not.. inquire. Instead, she would allow him to hold and kiss her, letting his body warm her own in an intoxicating embrace.

Burying her head in his shoulder, she mumbled, "Yer warm." Against him, not daring to breathe above a whisper. Perhaps, if she were silent, she would unknowingly provoke him into revealing something. Some way she could help, some way she could comfort and assure him she was here to stay. Taking a deep breath, Khel concentrated on her lungs filling with air, stifling the urge to say more, or to make some sort of joke. Witty remarks played through her head, but Khel gave a half-smile to the unknown as she thought this may be the first time such comments went unsaid. Perhaps she was capable of learning, after all. Instead, Khel mustered up all her courage and voiced, "I'm glad you don't want to go."

Inside, Khel twisted and fought with herself. You're going soft! she said, wanting to hastily pull away and laugh, grabbing breakfast and participating in mirth and jest. This time was far too seriously spent for her usual liking. Still, another part of her screamed, He needs you! He needs this. And a fire in Khel's purple eyes blazed at the thought. AS disgusting as the thought of romance was to the free-spirit, she seemed to give in incredibly easily with this big oaf, and although she despised it, she didn't see the arrangement ending soon. Or perhaps ever. 

Your pal, Khel
Céyehne
Simple Shadow
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2007, 07:44:14 AM »

Nyxthia followed her out, the black beast tagging along as well, and gave her permission to roll out a map. Nodding, and listening as the girl spoke, Céyehne chose a piece of parchment and unrolled it from the rest. Laying it out on the ground, Céyehne stood and looked around, watching the parchment nearly roll completely up once more. Frowning, blue eyes thought for a moment before she nearly danced towards the garden and picked out a few small stones. Returning to the map, she placed them upon the corners and moved to the opposite side, letting Injera's rays illuminate the parchment. The map clearly visible now, Céyehne admired the girl's work, clearly outlined and labeled, Céyehne found herself crouching low and staring intently at the map. She had traveled the lands, yes, but she'd never imagined them on a larger scale--as pieces of a whole. Interested as she was, she ran a pale, slender hand over the parchment, but quickly pulled back with an apologetic look.

"Ye've chosen a fin' art, Nyxthi', 'tis a wonderful map." Looking at the girl now, Céyehne wanted to ask of her initial interest in the profession, why she wanted to do it and what drove her to continue. And how old was she? Did she intend to do this all her life? Remembering what Nyxthia said, Céyehne looked at her and replied, "I'm no' too sure I hav' stories, bu' I can try. How abou' you firs' pick a place an' start wit' one?" Honestly, Céyehne did not know what she could tell Nyxthia. Yes, she had traveled, but she was no teller of lore. Sure, she had stories of eager, drunken man, as well as a couple interesting Taverns and places she had been accommodated within, but a worried expression crossed her face as she was unsure she could make anything as interesting as the girl hoped.

Perhaps the girl's tale would spark her own interesting story. Brightening at the thought, Céyehne returned to studying the map as she waited for Nyxthia's reply.

cry me a future where the revelations run amok.
Céyehne
Torscha
Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2007, 09:38:47 AM »

Torscha arched an eyebrow at Twen's invitation to perform in his own time. He had had a hankering to play in the common room of the Herald for a while now, and saw no reason to pass the opportunity up. "Forgive me that I don't stay and chat," he said, "but this is a stellar business opportunity, and I mean to capitalise on it."

The storyteller walked over to near the hearth was, and sat himself down on the floor, legs sprawling out before him. He held his fingers near the fire, flexing them for a moment, feeling the fire's heat supplement the warmth that the ale had already laced through his veins, making his digits supple and responsive. Then, with a self-deprecating cough, he reached a hand into the inner pocket of his coat and rummaged around for a moment, before withdrawing a small wooden pipe, about six inches long, still appearing unfinished. It had obviously been whittled from a piece of wood over a multitude of nights spent by a campfire with little else to do.

Placing it to his lips, Torscha blew gently on the flute, coaxing from it a warbling, wavering high note, rough around the edges but possessed of a piercing clarity, and grinned in satisfaction. As heads began to turn, Torscha said, completely un-self-consciously, "And now, fair ladies and brave gentlemen, allow me to share with you something my mother used to play for me."

Without further preamble, he launched into a high, skirling melody, tapping his foot occasionally, closing his eyes and immersing himself in his memory of a clean scent and warm, soft hands. The song cut through the conversation like a knife, like high winds over the vast grasslands of the Centoraurians. Detached as his family had been from their ancestral home, his mother at least had adhered to the old ways, and that love of oral tradition had, in some way, transmitted itself to him. And so the flute sang beneath his fingers, its sound rough and unpolished, nothing like the precise and clean sounds of a master-made pipe, but possessing a kind of rustic warble that thoroughly suited the song.

Then, setting it aside, he spoke into the deafening silence, casually and in a sing-song manner, as if reciting a rhyme:

Sleep little rider,
The sun's gone to bed,
The plains they are dark'ning
So lay down your head.

Dream you of glory,
Of sword-tears falling red;
Dream thou of peaceful times,
Of warm milk and bread.

Beyond these our grasslands
A world sprawls broad and deep;
Where soon you'll waking wander
But now see only in sleep.

So dream you of far lands
But you don't need to fear.
For you are in the good hands
Of your mama singing here.

So sleep little rider,
The sun's gone to bed;
The plains they'll be dreaming
When you lay down your head."

Nyxthia Calfuray
Inquisitive Regenade
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2007, 10:23:21 AM »

"Sure," Nyxthia replied, pleased that Céyehne responded well to her suggestion. As she gazed at the map, Nyxthia knelt and pointed at a certain point. "Lu'Weilima. The capital of the Kuglim town, I think. Have you been there? It's beautiful, especially the old city and the temples. You see, the old city's houses are carved with all sorts of things, plants, animals, even signs for their shop. Although the old city's streets are narrow, the houses are quaint, and the people there are so friendly!" Nyxthia chuckled, the memory still fresh in her mind.

"As soon as I stepped in, I got this tankard of ale thrust into my hands, and everyone was bombarding me with questions. 'Where did you come from?' 'Why are you here?' 'What do you want here?' Everyone was crowding around me, and they were topping up my ale - which I haven't even started drinking yet - and they were pretty much friendly to the point of annoying!"
Nyxthia laughed harder. "I mean that in the best way possible" she hastily added.

"I was literally crushed by the bodies, when this guard shouted,'Bear!' There was a collective gasp, and then I swear, there was this loud swish, and everyone's weapons were out! Honestly! But, Glacier, big a bear he was, couldn't stand a chance like that, so I kept motioning with my hands 'Go! Git! Run!' And then, the people thought I was scared and flapping my arms in fear!

"They practically picked me up and put me in a safe place, but thankfully, by then, Glacier had run for cover. Then this old woman shouted, 'Lass, ye be alrigh'?' Then they started to ask me if I was alright, wether I was hurt, emotional trauma, maybe? It was so funny! I was just standing there looking dazed, and this idiot shouted, 'She's in shock!' Thank the Fae I snapped into action and reassured them that I wasn't, else I have no idea what they'd have done." Tears had started to form in Nyxthia's eyes as the comical experience replayed itself in her mind's eye.

As her laughter abated, she grinned at the Kar-ii. "Your turn," she said, her grin growing wider.

Valannia Incendarious
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2007, 10:30:29 AM »

An internal struggle waged within Valannia’s heart as she pushed the Remusian back. Pointed ears twitched to respite in a laid back pose, uderza hued eyes questioningly stared into his. The awkwardness of the situation did little to calm the searing heartbeat raging within her bosom. Shifting her lithe form so that she now faced him properly, almond-shaped eyes blinked momentarily. Long eyelashes framing their subtle outline as the elfess leaned over Altario. Golden locks fell to shroud them both in a radiant glow. 

Valannia lifted a hand, trailing supple fingers down Altario’s cheek, along his jaw, then down so that she felt the pulse of his throat beat firm and erratic. The knightess lowered her mouth toward his, stopping a nailsbreadth before contact. Amusingly she watched the Remusian’s eyes darken, heard his long intake of breath. Waiting momentarily the knight’s already sizzling blood surged knowing that she wanted nothing more than to continue his kiss. Human or not she had dreamt of this very moment, little did she know … dreams sometimes came true.

Crimson lips brushed over his, and Val felt herself tremble. Keeping her stare locked on his, she rested one hand over the Remusian’s muscular shoulder, cupping her other palm to touch the side of his bearded cheek. Valannia closed her mouth over his, teasing Altario’s lips away from each other with her tongue and tasting the excitement on the human’s first insecure breath. She'd known his mouth would taste like this, searing and enticing. Known his flesh would feel as warm as Injera’s soothing touch.

Had that been why she had lain wide awake in the loft for hours forever thinking of him? Had that been why, beneath the urgent concern Val had felt a tug of pleasure when Altario called upon her not so long ago? As her blood burned and time bled away, she found that the reasons didn't matter. Not while her mouth was pressed against his. A yielding moan slid up her throat, it took all remnants of self-control not to press closer, to deepen the kiss. As an alternative, she set aside a measured, long glide, filled with future promises.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 10:46:15 AM by Valannia Incendarious » Logged
Tiras The White Rose
The White Rose
Approved Character

Human , Male ,Erpheronian

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2007, 11:25:59 AM »

Tiras nodded as Torscha walked towards the middle of the Tabern and performed , after it Tiras started to clap and said raising his voice " Well done Torscha friend , now perhaps you know some dance song ?
Maybe lady Twen would allow such honor towards myself , if she accepts my offer..."

Tiras did not expect her to accept , but it was galant words anyway , just what Tiras was all about .
Then still smilling he looked towards the cute cat belonging to the lady and said " I do hope your mistress accepts my invitation my flurry friend , it has been long that such a beauty graced my poor eyes ..."
Still waiting for Twen to return , Tiras green eyes started to look around and realized that in the meantime the tabern had some new patrons , and even better more beautifull women , Tiras taught sheepishly

“My crime? It is a serious one -- you see, I am too handsome to look upon.”
<a href="http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php?topic=815.msg27340#msg27340 target="top">Tiras The White Rose[/url]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]