Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thirsty Herald XVI: Day 4 Sunreign  (Read 83954 times)
Morden Peshirgolz
The Mystic Voice
Approved Character

Dwarf, Susilgerim Clan

« Reply #405 on: December 27, 2008, 05:44:03 AM »

" I do apologize but I know how valuable a Dwarven hand is and it merely peak my curiosity. If you would like to tell me we could exchange stories but if not then enjoy your ale."

Morden, still somewhat annoyed, turned to look at the elf. But, just at that moment, the elf's attention was drawn to a lithe, small figure in the corner of the tavern. Good, perhaps now he will leave me alone. Though I hope my rudeness did not offend that dwarf, Thorin. He seemed like a good fellow. Still waiting for a response to his request for ale, Morden glanced over the room once again. The waitress was in a conversation with a foreign woman, and both were staring wide-eyed at the monstrosity enjoying his snake fillet. He looked over at the beast once more. Could that really be a drake? Hmm, he would make a small one if any of the tales I heard from my clan are true. What in the name of Trum-Barol is he, then? Urgh, I guess I'll have to let my curiosity be for now. I wonder what he's counting?

He continued to look around. A mother looked as though she was about to get up, her boy playing happily nearby. Glancing towards the very back of the tavern, he caught sight of some sort of sign. A kissing booth?!? What kind of tavern is this, that there are so many strange people here? Ah, well, at least they sell food and drink, it appears. At just that moment, he realized that the bar maid had come back behind the counter. "A mug of Turborger Brown for you, sir?" "Yes, and please be quick about it." But the mug was already full and sitting on the counter before his last few words had left his mouth. Well, things don't look quite so bad now... he thought as he lifted the mug to his lips. As he lowered it again, following a long refreshing draught, he asked, "How much do I owe you?"

Sorsha Cleavins
Dedicated Duo
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani and Brownie, Ebonybark

« Reply #406 on: December 27, 2008, 06:18:15 AM »

Sorsha could tell the Dwarf was impressed by the quick service of his beer. She smiled inwardly. Her mother had always taught her to never keep guests waiting and, as apparently she was the hostess of the Thirsty Herald, all these people were her guests.

Her heart almost jumped into her throat when she realized she had promised the healer she would find out if they had any extra rooms. Yet she was helping someone else. She would just have to find a way to make him happy and to help the healer in a good time frame.

"How much do I owe you?" Sorsha's attention was brought back to the Dwarf at the bar.

"Oh...um...lemme find out real quick," she said as she started to look around the bar for something to tell her how much food and drinks were. There was the sign telling the customers what they had, but since Sorsha couldn't read, that wasn't really helpful.

Finally, in her scrounging around, she found a picture menu. It had apparently been made for those who couldn't read, for the dishes and costs were all drawn out. Sorsha breathed a sigh of relief as she found the beer upon the menu.

"Four sans," she said with a smile. Glancing down, she saw a small cashbox underneath the bar amongst the mugs and glasses.

"So that's where Samuel keeps the money," she thought as she awaited the Dwarf's payment.

seth ghibta
Erratic Itinerant
Approved Character

human, Kasumarii/ Azhorhrian

« Reply #407 on: December 27, 2008, 08:10:16 PM »

"A pity indeed. But that is a cruel fact of life. All things wonderful and good will come to a bitter end and few shall morn their end." For a second his gaze lowered, and he looked altogether different, but it flickered and died as soon as he spoke again - "Tell me Kasumarii, what brings you to this tavern?"

Seth’s eyes widened under her tousled, still damp hair. She regarded the Elf closely. His white skin and black hair made him look like a drawing in a book. His eyes were holes in his face, though not particularly cold or forbidding in general appearance. She fixed them with an oddly intense stare. Everything about him says “elf”, just as everything about me clearly says “Kasumarii”.

It was stupid to be annoyed that he knew her tribe, stupid to rail against being grouped with people that she was obviously one of, who she’d grown up with, for a given value of “grown up”. It wasn’t his fault, just as it isn’t mine, unless I let it get to me. We will be nice to the nice man and his nice wolf and maybe if we are good he will know someone I can get a job from.

“My name, sir, is Seth. I’m here because the line of work I’m in often leads me to halfway points, meeting places, the beginnings and ends of things. I never could tell the difference.”
Seth paused and pushed her hair out of her eyes, only for it to flop back down immediately. She didn’t seem to notice, but continued; “Basically I move things from one place to another. Got rid of someone this morning, actually, hence my being here. Kinda between jobs, as it were…” she let the sentence trail off. If the guy knew of anyone needing a guide, he’d say of his own accord. People didn’t like to trust their burdens to those they felt needed the work too badly. Which was, in hindsight, a shame, seeing as she invariably did.

violence is not the answer, but you get marks if you show your working.
Seth's CD
Isoto
The Widow
Approved Character

Elf, Coór'hém

« Reply #408 on: December 28, 2008, 10:19:59 AM »

“My name, sir, is Seth. I’m here because the line of work I’m in often leads me to halfway points, meeting places, the beginnings and ends of things. I never could tell the difference.”
She paused and pushed her hair out of her eyes, onlyto have it flop back down. “Basically I move things from one place to another. Got rid of someone this morning, actually, hence my being here. Kinda between jobs, as it were…”

"Your jobless" Isoto said bluntly. The ill gotten idea that she was an assassin sent to kill him now had evaporated from thought. Isoto stared at the woman as if tell her not to play around with words. Isoto was a blunt elf and he prefered it when others were just as blunt.

Isoto leaned forward and stared into the Kasumarii's eyes. Isoto had no true intent for looking into her eyes but he persisted for a few seconds and then leaning back into his chair spoke as if he was talking to air. "Tell me, guide." Isoto was now guessing at her occupation but was sure that was it. "How well do you know Sarvonia?"

The truth was Isoto wasn't looking for a guide for he had no where to go. He merely aimlessly wandered from place to place, looking for a fitting death. But he had never found such a peace, perhaps he did need a guide. Perhaps that is why he really asked the question.

"I'm tired and you're in my way"

~Isoto~

Need help with your character?
seth ghibta
Erratic Itinerant
Approved Character

« Reply #409 on: December 29, 2008, 05:08:45 AM »

"Your jobless" Seth grinned sheepishly, and shrugged, as he continued, "Tell me, guide. How well do you know Sarvonia?" Her smile widened, despite the elf’s unnerving stare as he’d spoken to her. At the back of her mind a voice warned not to do anything stupid, but she dismissed her advice as unhelpful and continued regardless. She lowered her eyes to count on spread fingers, letting the silence widen slightly. “Eleven years, or thereabouts. Couldn’t honestly tell you how much distance I’ve covered, but I’d say I’ve filled the years quite well. So yes, I know Santharia fairly well. Why d’you ask?”   She couldn’t quite keep the note of hopefulness from her voice. My wrist is itching. Her good hand went automatically to a pocket, and rummaged around, withdrawing a feather, some string, a mouse skull, a black shiny stone, and a scrap of paper bearing a very amateurish looking map, before producing with a small, triumphant flourish a worn looking tooth, still murderously pointed and carnivorous looking. She picked up the tooth without looking at it, and squeezed it tight in her right hand. It didn’t help with the itching, but it almost did.

Seth's CD
Serpentfang
Serpent Sniper
Approved Character

Psyrpent

« Reply #410 on: December 29, 2008, 01:44:55 PM »

Jarrox just finished counting all his gems, all three hundred fifteen of them. The figure never changed since he took the journey to Strata, but nevertheless he loved counting his collection over and over again. He never got tired of it, and he is always looking for an opportunity to add another piece to his collection, by any means necessary. Now he's on his way to the city to look for any job openings, and the possibility of acquiring another gem or two to put inside his wooden chest with the rest of his stones.

The counting being done, he turned his attention to the snake on the table. There was nothing left except for the head, the tail, and small bits of meat clinging to the bones. He picked up the tail and was going to stuff it into his jaws, when a small but defiant hiss rose from the floor. The two legged reptile looked around him, trying to figure out where the sound came from. Then he stopped moving. Did that ominous hiss came from a snake? Jarrox did not know what kinds of snakes live around the desert, but there are bound to be poisonous ones. He reached for his heavy crossbow and slowly, carefully looked under the table...

A pair of cute but fiery eyes and a display of gorgeous red plumage greeted his face. The Psyrpent dropped his crossbow and stared at the creature. He had seen this bird somewhere before, in a market, where the fat ones fetched a good price. Curiosity tempted the lizard to touch the bird, wondering if it is soft or hard, warm or cold. Does it make any noise except the hissing sound? The desire to grab the bird with both hands to observe it played with his mind, but he resisted them. Might this be a venomous bird? Poisonous creatures are brightly colored to warn others that they carry a deadly venom. What does it want? Food? Maybe he should wait for the bird to move.

Weivóc'Neán
Forsaken
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #411 on: December 30, 2008, 01:48:47 AM »

Having left the city soon as the sun set, he hoped to make it here before the sun would rise again. But, he was wrong, as he was getting close, but the sun came up. He quickened his pace, so that he may reduce his time in the sun. He then had the tavern in his sight. Since he had been here a few times before, he knew where to find it.

As he got closer to it, he quickened he pace even more, even though he was starting to lose his breath. By the time he reached it, he was almost completely out of breath, and before entering the tavern, he had to take a rest, leaning on the stables, so as not to fall over. After a few minutes, he headed towards the inn, stopped at the doors, composed himself, and entered.

As he entered, he took a quick glance across the room, and took notice of it occupants. He saw a group, with what look to be a healer. He didn't bother with them, as it wasn't his business. He then noticed what look to be some sort of reptilian figure, but yet with human characteristics. He was puzzled, but knew better than to let his mind wander. He also noticed a lone dwarf at a table somewhat close to the bar. At the bar, he noticed an infuriated looking dwarf drinking on some ale, what looked to be some sort of elf, having a conversation with a human. Behind the counter, Samuel was gone, but a new person filled his place,a young female.

He walked towards the counter, a second later after entering. He stopped at the counter, leaned on it a little, and took a deep breath. This is a strange group today, maybe someone has something for me to do. First thing though, I need to get something to drink before I pass out. Curse the Sun and its ability to dry out those who venture underneath it. He quickly checked under his cloak for his pouch, found it, and felt inside of it. Good, more than enough for what I wish to buy He put the pouch back after tying it back up. He then looked up, and tried to get the ladies attention so as to order a drink. "Miss, may I have something to drink? Any type of wine will do for me. Just tell me how much and I will pay you."

RP'ing: Speech Thoughts
A link to my CD: Weivóc'Neán

May this bless all who read it with what it holds:

Sé ilian thelduin onr líf un mor'ranr thelduin onr freohr.
Isoto
The Widow
Approved Character

Elf, Coór'hém

« Reply #412 on: December 31, 2008, 02:03:31 PM »

There was an akward silence but finally the girl spoke “Eleven years, or thereabouts. Couldn’t honestly tell you how much distance I’ve covered, but I’d say I’ve filled the years quite well. So yes, I know Santharia fairly well. Why d’you ask?”

She then fiddled around in her pocket and pulled out a sketchy looking map. It was apparent that she knew her wayaround but alas it was no true help to him. Isoto the spoke in a very distant manner. "I appologies if I got your hopes up, but I am not sure you will be able to lead me where I want to go."

Isoto leaned back and began to form another question. "Im sorry my dear, we have been speaking for a bit and have failed to introduce myself." Isoto rose to his feet and promptly bowed. "I am Isoto of the Coor'hem."

As Isoto rose his gaze caught the bird that the woman had been holding. It hopped around and had been pecking at spilt beer. Isoto noticed that he wasn't the only one looking at the bird. A Psyserpent had aslo caught sight of it. Isoto knew what lizards did to birds and assumed that bigger lizards would do the same.

Once again taking his seat Isoto lowered his voice in hopes that the Psyserpent wpuld not overhear him. "I mean not to trouble you but you may want to call your bird back over. I believe that the Psyserpent may be looking at him as his next meal."

Isoto then glanced at Chingu, and whistled for him. Hearing the whistle Chingu's ears perked up and he came happily trotting over. Isoto wasn't sure what a Pyserpent's diet consisted of but just to be safe Isoto thought it best to keep an eye out on Chingu.

~Isoto~

seth ghibta
Erratic Itinerant
Approved Character

« Reply #413 on: January 01, 2009, 01:01:14 AM »

Lias was rapidly losing interest, and would have already left the “table of the scalyfeet” if it weren’t for the persistent smell of snake meat that anchored him by his stomach. Something moved above him, and he intensified his gaze. A construction of metal and wood appeared, with the face of the giant lurking behind – above it. The giant’s expression seemed to shift, and the metal-wood thing disappeared, to be replaced with a better view of the giant’s face. Scaled like a snake, but of a size and countenance which suggested that swallowing it head-first was not achievable.

Lias swivelled his head to one side. A claw stretched slowly towards him, and the bird’s small, sharp mind suddenly shifted perspective, from focusing on filling his own belly to realising the threat posed by such a large creature, the smell on whose breath said “predator” in language even Lias could comprehend.

"I apologise if I got your hopes up, but I am not sure you will be able to lead me where I want to go. I’m sorry my dear, we have been speaking for a bit and have failed to introduce myself. I am Isoto of the Coor'hem."
Damn. Seth’s eyes followed his to the scruffy, incomprehensible and blatantly inaccurate map on the table, and she hurriedly turned it over as he spoke, thinking maybe he distrusted a guide who relied on map like that. On the back was a sketch of a galloping horse, done in a hurry with a brownish ink, which was the real reason she’d kept the scrap of paper. A traveller’s charm, and a particularly crude one, but something to curse at when you’re stumbling in the dark and the rain on some stupid, badly paid errand.

A word of the second sentence he spoke finally battled into her consciousness, and landed with a thud in the shadowy turmoil of her mind. Coor’hem? I’ve heard so much about them. Mostly good I hope? No, not really. Not at all, in fact. I’ve heard bad things, and met people who’ve seen, smelt and been repeatedly exposed to the sharp edges of bad things. Oh, sh-
"I mean not to trouble you but you may want to call your bird back over. I believe that the Psyserpent may be looking at him as his next meal."

Lias backed away from the tentative touch of the snake giant. Lowering his fire coloured head, he spread his wings around himself, and let out a drawn out hiss. Suddenly, this vestige of bravery left him, and he turned tail with a loud squawk and flapped hectically to the top of a nearby unoccupied chair.

Seth turned at the Coor’hem’s (give him his due – Isoto’s) warning, to see Lias trying to look proud and gallant whilst balancing precariously on the top of a chair back. As she got up to go and get the stupid bird, she thought on the whole Coor’hem revelation. I’ll give him a chance. He hasn’t tried to hide his race (and hey, that technically makes him more honest and open than me), and he’s offered his name in a perfectly friendly way. Come on, I’ve spent all day being paranoid. I think I’ll have a rest; he seems like a nice enough guy. Look at me, I’m being grown up.

Gathering the indignant garthook into her arms (and my wrist is still itching, aargh.) she offered a sheepish grin to the strange reptilian gentleman, and another, similar one to Isoto. Sitting back down, and placing Lias firmly on the table, she said “thanks, and sorry about that, he has a knack for making a fool of himself. Well, you’ve met Lias then,” she indicated the red bird, now trying to ignore the two of them by busily preening. “I guess I should introduce myself; I’m Seth, though not technically of the Kasumarii, as you guessed. Not really “of” anywhere, actually.”
Seth noticed the elf had called his wolf nearer. “Can I ask his name?”

Seth's CD
Sorsha Cleavins
Dedicated Duo
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani and Brownie, Ebonybark

« Reply #414 on: January 04, 2009, 11:19:57 AM »

"Miss, may I have something to drink? Any type of wine will do for me. Just tell me how much and I will pay you."

Sorsha turned to the newcomer. An Elf, well-traveled from the looks of him. She nodded to the Dwarf to show she had not forgotten to him. Turning to the Elf, she closed her eyes as she concentrated on the list Samuel had told her earlier.

"Um....we have Pride of the Shendar, Spring Joy, Bard's Own Vine, Stratas Delight and Tulimon Grape Wine. I believe they are all about 4 sans. Which one sounds good to you?"

Weivóc'Neán
Forsaken
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #415 on: January 04, 2009, 12:17:19 PM »

As he heard her list the wines to him, he recalled what he had his last visit, and decided that would do for him. "The tulimon grape wine will do for me." As he said this, he pulled out a small sack from within his cloak, pulled out 4 sans, and laid them on the counter. After this, I think I will get some soup and bread for my hunger, and some of the Bard's wine to wash it down. I'm always glad to try a special wine.

RP'ing: Speech Thoughts
A link to my CD: Weivóc'Neán

May this bless all who read it with what it holds:

Sé ilian thelduin onr líf un mor'ranr thelduin onr freohr.
Morden Peshirgolz
The Mystic Voice
Approved Character

Dwarf, Susilgerim Clan

« Reply #416 on: January 05, 2009, 02:47:47 AM »

"Four sans"

Morden fished around in his pack for a monent before pulling out a sack of coins. He counted out the proper amount to pay for his drink, and turned to the barmaid, but she was attempting to help someone else at that moment. I wonder if things are always this busy around here? I hope I get at least a little chance for some rest. Morden eyed his drink thirstily, before tipping it back for a long draught. Draining off half the mug, Morden enjoyed the refreshing feel of the cold beer on his tongue. Ahh, that's what I needed...

Setting down the mug, Morden turned to sit pack down at the table Thorin and he had shared a few minutes ago. He hefted his pack onto his shoulder and limped his way to his seat. He slowly let himself and his belongings ease back into his chair, and then took another drink from his mug. He noticed the drake (or whatever it was called) was staring at something under his table. How odd, I wonder what's down there? Soon a small bird flew with much hissing and squawking out from under the table and on to a nearby chair. Heh, I bet that drake tried to eat it. I wouldn't be surprised if a beast like that tried to eat every person in this tavern. Agh, you'd think whoever ran this place would have the sense to throw it out.

Turning to Thorin, he decided to attempt a little conservation, "So what business brings you through these parts, my friend?"

Thorin Broadfist
Lonely Smith
Mini-mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #417 on: January 05, 2009, 04:31:38 AM »

Thorin sat there, relaxing for a spell. He noticed that the white haired girl and the elf were having a chat, about what Thorin didn't know, but he did see she was searching through her pockets. A small bird hopped out of her lap, came over towards a small puddle of beer that had collected near Thorin's boots. He saw it hop over to the psyrpent table and puff up its feathers trying to get his attention. "I wonder if that bird will live to see another day..." Thorin's thoughts were interrupted by a new comer. A tall elf, slender and wearing all black. He guessed that this new comer could easily bring trouble because all those he met that dressed in black had a sinister purpose for being anywhere. He glanced around the room and then strode over to the bar, ordering a drink.

The serving girl caught Thorin's attention as she was hastily moving around the room. He chuckled to himself as he remembered one of the serving girls from his youth who was always rushing around, even when there was only a few customers. He saw her again, standing in front of him, with her dark brown hair and those enchanting eyes...

"So what business brings you through these parts, my friend?" Morden had returned to the table and Thorin returned to the present. "Well, I was sent for by one of the nobles in Strata." Thorin said with a nod. "Said he wanted a "fine dwarven sword" to be shown off to his posh friends. I'm not sure if he will be able to hold it properly though, at least from the things I've heard about him. Ah well, when ones in need of coin one will do many things they normally would not have."
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 08:28:59 AM by Thorin Broadfist » Logged

I am a blacksmith, nothing more, nothing less.
-Thorin Broadfist
Isoto
The Widow
Approved Character

Elf, Coór'hém

« Reply #418 on: January 06, 2009, 09:22:23 AM »

As Isoto told the woman he had no use for a guide a gleam of hope left her eye. She apparently was in desperate need of wok. Part of Isoto couldn't help but feel pity for her but soon the feeling was gone. He knew that there were many seeking a guide and that she would soon find work

“thanks, and sorry about that, he has a knack for making a fool of himself. Well, you’ve met Lias then, I guess I should introduce myself; I’m Seth, though not technically of the Kasumarii, as you guessed. Not really “of” anywhere, actually. Can I ask his name?”

She was indicating over to Chingu. "Hmm Seth is it, and she wants to know Chingu's name well might as well introduce the lug." Isoto whistled for Chingu to come even closer. The wolf promptly rose and stood at attention at Isoto's feet. "This guy here is Chingu, I rescued him from a trap and he has followed me ever since."

Upon being introduce Chingu took a bow, it was almost comical to watch him. It was as if he had been rehearsing for such introduction. Chingu once again was back at a heeling position. And was in the mood for some attention.

Isoto glanced at his friend and knew that he was wanting to be petted. So looking up at Seth Isoto smiled and asked "Would you like to pet him?"

~Isoto~

Serpentfang
Serpent Sniper
Approved Character

Psyrpent

« Reply #419 on: January 06, 2009, 09:31:30 PM »

The bird was slowly going towards him, cocking its head from one side to the other. It looked at the Psyrpent for a while. Then suddenly hissed at the reptilian, and with another display of crimson feathers it squawked loudly and flew towards a chair. The sudden flight surprised the snake man and he jerked his head up, to avoid getting hit by the scary red thing. He followed the bird towards a couple talking to each other. One was the owner of the bird, and the other, the elf, was holding onto a strange, hairy beast. It looked like a dog, but it was larger and it had sharper fangs.

Jarrox looked briefly at the party, and then back to his meal. The beer is gone, and so is the snake. It was then that he realized he was still hungry. He picked up the plate and the mug and walked over to the bar to get more. Where is the one who caters to the customers? He pondered. They all look exactly alike to him, and its difficult to tell an elf from a human and a man from a woman.

the lizard is quickly losing his patience again. He knocked on the bar several times, hoping to catch the attention of the barkeep or one of the servants.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]