Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

gfx gfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register    gfx gfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!
Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

- THE CD FORUM POSTICON SYSTEM -

Below is a summary on the posticons used for the character description approval process. The posticon of the first post should always be edited according to the current state of completion of the character description (either by the player, a Moderator or an Administrator).
1) PLAYER - CD is incomplete. Use this posticon if you have not finished your CD.  4) MODERATOR - CD has been approved by one moderator. A second mod's approval is needed.
 2) PLAYER - CD is completed. Use this if you have finished working on your CD.  5) MODERATOR - CD has been approved by two moderators. An Administrator should soon take care of the titling.
 3) MODERATOR - An expert's opinion is needed. The specific field in which the expert's help is needed should be added to the title.  6) ADMINISTRATOR - An administrator has titled the character, and the thread will soon be moved to the CD Archives.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mithrilian/ Fire Mage/ Magician/ adventurer/ warrior  (Read 93 times)
Mithrilian
New Santharian

« on: December 29, 2007, 12:25:52 AM »

Name:  Mithrilian

Race: Human

Tribe: South Slavonia

My character is a Fire Mage/ Swordsman who is  always interested in increasing his magical powers and talents along with his warrior skills.  He carries around a large staff with a Ruby on the top sybolizing fire.  His staff has carvings of distant battles waged long ago which he carved himself from stories he has  heard while on one of numerous jouneys he has adventured. 

Height: 2 Ped, my character has a tall lanky build.

Weight 2 Pyggy

My character’s hair color is black he also has a long black beard that goes down to his chest.

My character eyes are bluish 

My character is tall and lanky he wears a blue wizard hat on the top of his head.  His hair and beard are both dark black.  Although he is skinny he is a very wiry and strong.  He is quick and nimble with long legs and long arms.  On his right wrist he has a permanent burn from a prior duel with another Mage.  My character is 2 Ped and 2 Pyggy giving him a tall lanky look.

My character carries a large tall staff with a ruby on top of the staff.  He wears strong Chanmail armor along with dragon skin leggings to protect his legs from any burns.  He wears a blue wizard hat on top of his head.  On top of the armor and leggings he wears wizard robes of silk.  He also has a ruby ring on his right forefinger.  He also carries a Centoraurian Calvary Sabre Sword  for close combat and a long bow for long range combat on top of this his staff has magical ability.

My character is pretty outgoing and is willing to help out with tasks, but will expect a reward of some sort, in money or in weaponry.  He is very interested in staffs and is always willing to stop and browse vendors selling staffs which contain magical ability.

Strengths: He has magical ability and strong sword fighting skills.  He will often surprise people when he is not wearing his wizard robes and hat, but just is in his simple armor and tunic, with is magical ability, even though it is marginal compared to the many of the many wizards scattered throughout the land it is often enough of a surprise to sometimes sway the direction a battle is headed. He is also very knowedgeable  in the arts of swordsmanship.  He also has a very good memory and is very good at smithing and can make armor for himself.

Weaknesses: He is often over enthusiastic and will over pay for magical items.  He is also not good at archery of any kind.  His range is not particularly good and his accuracy is even worse.  He is also not to good at planting and tending crops or hunting and fishing.  One set back to his slim body is that it makes him less durable from sword attacks when struck.  His also often over zealous and will rush into battle to protect his traveling companions and often even innocent townsfolk even if he is vastly outnumbered.  He also will occasionaley duel mages much more powerful than him because though mage works is his side job he tends to consider himself gifted in it. 

My character is not exteremley powerful with magic , but semi powerful with fire magic , being a fire mage. He is around a level IV-V fire mage,and unlikeley to get much stronger without rigurous training, however is more skilled in the arts of swordsmanship.  He is percieved to be a stronger mage than he is because of his staff and its value, but he doesn't know how to fully use it.
He carries a Centoraurian Calvary Sabre Sword tucked in side his wizard robes, which he won in a bet along with a he also carries a long bow, which he purchased, and a staff with a ruby on the top of it as fore mentioned.

My character  owns several valuable jewels.  He owns an Emerald, Diamond, Ruby and Sapphire all of which he obtained from doing tasks for others or buying them on roadside vendors.

My character travels around riding on a tall palomino horse and a Rottweiler that runs along beside the horse. 

My character  has expierenced many wizard duels for his age and talent( not being of extreme magical talent) He has trained with many other Swordsman, but prefers to travel alone with his pets, though he does not dislike himan company, he will frequently stop in towns and villages and is nearly always willing to talk to the townsfolk.

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 12:48:24 AM by Twén Arĺerwén » Logged
Simonne Miller
Meddling Herbalist
CD Mod

Human, Caltharian

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 01:56:07 AM »

Please use the same display name as character name. You can change your display name under your 'profile' :)

Youth is the gift of nature, but age is a work of art...

Simonne Miller
Ses-Tsur
New Santharian

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 02:47:01 PM »

Just to let you know, magi as powerful as yours are not permitted without special permission. Just to let you know what you can use. Click on magic on the bar to the left. In general, magi also take a lot longer to be accepted, so you may want to either get rid of the magi, or to tone it down. But it's your choice! Remember, you can always create another character at a later date. 
KaskaChee
New Santharian

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 06:18:13 PM »

I know this might seem really random but you could change some of the "My Character"s to "Mithrilian" or even "He" to avoid repetition.  Also, listing the strengths and weaknesses as bullet-points is usually prefered as it makes them easier to read.

There is no tribe called "Southern Slavonia".  Southern Sarvonia is part of a continent, but the tribes can be found on the main site up pressing the green ogre head.

We don't have rottweilers. There is a beastery on the main site which should help you find a breed.

Hope that helps :)
Mina
Ávash'deláey
Admin

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 09:22:12 PM »

In addition to the problems already mentioned above:

My character is a Fire Mage/ Swordsman who is  always interested in increasing his magical powers and talents along with his warrior skills.
You can't be both a warrior and a mage. 

dragon skin leggings

Dragons are either mythical or almost mythical, so it's pretty much impossible to find stuff made of dragon skin. 

He is often over enthusiastic and will over pay for magical items.  He is also not good at archery of any kind.  His range is not particularly good and his accuracy is even worse.  He is also not to good at planting and tending crops or hunting and fishing.  One set back to his slim body is that it makes him less durable from sword attacks when struck. 

I don't think these are really weaknesses.  The lack of a skill, especially a combat skill, is not a weaknesses; rather, possession of a skill is a strength.  Overpaying for magical items is something that will probably never matter in actual gameplay, due to how rare magical items are, which means one would almost never have the chance of buying one anyway.  Besides, it is not immediately obvious how overpaying for something hinders your character, so you should explain this.  As for the last one, getting struck by a sword is going to hurt a lot for anyone; I don't see what difference being slim makes. 

Your strengths seem overpowering too.  In particular, you cannot be both good at swordfighting and magic.  At most, you could be good with one and have some rudimentary skill (as in, almost none) with the other.  But even that would be hard to get approved; it's best to just pick one or the other.  And speaking of magic, the highest level allowed for normal players is 3. 

I see no history section, and while there is something that looks like a personality section, it is far too lacking in information and isn't labelled.  Several other sections are not labelled either. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
Members
Total Members: 18267
Latest: cromptonr
Stats
Total Posts: 144522
Total Topics: 5134
Online Today: 27
Online Ever: 216