Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leaving the vale OOC:  (Read 39700 times)
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2008, 06:09:47 AM »

The strange thing is, that my mail was undeliverable (is that a word?) , I got a failure notice. That means either, the mail is invalid or, I assume, his mailbox is full.
Busy or not, a short note that one is not available at the moment should be possible most times.
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2008, 06:55:49 AM »

I have not heard from Morc either, I hope he has not vanished for good either. It would be a terrible loss if he does. 

So I should just puppet all of us to the Vale?
Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian

« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2008, 07:24:12 AM »

That's the only thing I can think of...? What about Ken and all his balking?

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2008, 03:19:19 PM »

First a note to Ken's leaving or staying.

I quote "him"

Based on the above data, I have concluded:

1. "I have no tale to tell." Aside from the incident in the Vale, and the subsequent move to the dwarven caverns, Kenriil has had, and will continue to have, nothing progressive or unique to add in the way of storyline.

2. While less adept than most, Kenriil is still a warrior, and therefore nothing unique in that sense.

3. Kenriil is a member of that eight.

4. Kenriil will be a member of that nine.

5. Yes, there's more this side of the line: Kenriil is authored by someone who already authors a character active in the story. If all other points were impeached, I feel this one stands on its own merits.

The only point I can agree with is the last, 5. But I don't see this as a valid argument, if the character is needed in the story.

Let me tell you my sight of your points:

1. Why does he have less a story to tell than the others? His personality himself is his story.
2. He is not needed as a warrior, but as I said elsewhere already, he is the group's philosopher and though his nature alone, which makes the others reflect themselves he belongs more in the "Aminah-Group". what makes him unique as well is his race.

4./5. Maybe we should question - and we did already - that law of the "eight members are the best number"

I'm not sure if these are all the reasons why you want to take Ken out, maybe you are just tired of playing him? (for the moment)
Of course every "plan" can be altered, but I thought about giving Ken a crucial part at the end of the story. Well, Capher thought as well, that Talia's sword would be the sword of fury...

Well, I have a proposal:

Take Ken out of the story, for a while, now. He doesn't want to go back to the Vale because of this incident. That is understandable. Why does he not go back with the dwarves and Morc with him? With the intention to join the group at Ximax again.

When Ken will be with us again is then depending on when you are again in the mood to play him, either in Ximax already or later. And Morc might find his way back or not as well.

What do you think?

Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character

« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2008, 11:42:26 PM »

If you have something in mind, then I'm willing to keep him in. It isn't that I don't enjoy playing Ken, or that it's hard - quite to the contrary. I've never written a character so amusing or fulfilling. Mostly, it's that I'm already in the story, have played several distinct and some other long-term parts(Garrek); I guess I could say that I feel like I'm pushing myself over onto the story a little too hard.

But then, I could counter-point by noting Ta'las, who has taken it upon himself to fill the task of narrator for us on our side-quest; I respect him a lot for that. Final word: It might be a good idea to put Ken and Morc together, going around the other way for story purposes, as well as the fact that Morc is gone without warning. When he comes back, we'll be ready for him.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2008, 12:45:06 AM »

i agree with you Teri about Ken and Morc, however in the future I would like to see Ken back again, if only for a short period of time, perhaps he shows up at just the right time when we are overwhelmed with enemies and after they are defeated, we talk, catch up, and then he goes his way again. That way if you wish to play him now and then, that would be the way to do it. inmho,

I forgot the "eight thing" is it connected to the poem? If it is I do not have the poem as it was on my old hard drive when it crashed. I look forward to the revised one, Talia.

And for the life of me I cannot recall what I had planned for Ken. When I was taking care of Laurie somehow I lost all of my notes concerning TH and Voldar.  I have been trying to recollect my thoughts on both, but have not had much luck. 

@Talia, I finally read your e-mail you sent to me. I will send you a reply soon.
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2008, 01:06:18 AM »

I posted and puppeted Morc. However I also puppeted Teri, Ken and Brenna as well. I hope it is ok, if not I can always edit it and let Teri and Ken speak for themselves as well as Brenna.
Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2008, 06:29:59 AM »

Updated poem above under "What happened" last post!
Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character

« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2008, 07:43:49 AM »

That's excellent, Capher! Thank you!

EDIT: Also read the updates, and just about edited the first post to make "dresciptions" not say "de******ions", but realized I would have to reformat everything to do that. Not worth it. Most of us remember how ezBoard would censor the word "descriptions" if you added any font tags to it, so we should know what it means.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 07:49:36 AM by Aueniteri » Logged

Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2008, 11:26:12 AM »

Hi everyone,

I hope its ok that I've taken a bit of artistic license with Brenna.  Both about returning with one or possibly more party members, and also with her potentially showing up later.  I'm sort of thinking that if we don't meet up with another dwarven character that perhaps as an NPC she may have a small part later on in the quest: specifically the part in the poem that mentions 'earth' will help.  She is an Earth Guide, and maybe could be involved in finding the Anvil.  If not, no big deal - I think it's vague enough that it could mean anything.

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2008, 03:25:11 PM »

Yes, that would be a great thing to have her with us. A dwarven leader would be very useful, for apart from Capher nobody knows the dwarven tongue, and though we might not need somebody versified in travelling underground in the Zirghurim Mountains, when meeting the Kurakim Dwarves in the Prominent Mountains a dwarf at our side might be very helpful to  find our way and to build up some trust if we meet one the the resident dwarves.

I looked out whom we are to meet in the Prominent Mountains:
  KURAKIM  DWARVES, THE
The Kurakim Dwarves (Thergerim name Kurakergerim or Kurakergerim) are the most important Thergerim clan of the three known to reside in Northern Sarvonia. Located in the recesses of the craggy, conifer-clad Prominent Mountains, they are undisputed masters at smithery, as with most dwarves, but even more notable for their masonry. Many of the great bridges, fortifications, and cities in the region were built by Kurakim masons and architects, sometimes in conjunction with human effort or elven magery.

They share a very close bond with the Injerín elves and have forged lasting trade links with the Shaded Forest region. Once a belligerent and war-like clan, the Kurakergerim have become more philosophical and patient during their association with the elves of the Folkmore, though both dwarf and elf will gladly take up weapons together against the frequent orcish raids.
Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character

« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2008, 11:08:25 PM »

I'm making a new thread for us all, if that's alright; if not, we can move whatever I post in it to somewhere else.

EDIT: Ack! I almost thought I didn't have the sticky-toy. I found it, though.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 11:36:07 PM by Aueniteri » Logged

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2008, 12:14:54 AM »

Good idea, then Capher can pick me from my tree . Terra is nearly finished with her healing again, then we can move on soon.
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2008, 01:23:08 AM »

Talia, you want me to come to your tree and help you down? Or just meet you on the ground by your tree?
Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2008, 03:53:10 AM »

Well, I think Talia needs somebody who convinces her, that she has to get down and face real life again - the tree was a refuge for her where she had the feeling nothing can hurt her, time did stand still. Now she tries to prolong this time by just not coming down, but sitting on the lowest branch pondering, how long she could stay there..
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]