* 
Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?


*
gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize


Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 1: Tales in a Tavern  (Read 25088 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Viresse
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 1345


« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2003, 07:01:22 AM »

She nodded sagely as the Mage spoke words that made great sense. He had much knoweldge; it seemed to rival if not surpass her own. They thought on the same wavelength and that was appreciated by her for few seemed to think in the same fashion she did.

As she listened, she was glad to hear that he would find a way to join the group. Her mind had already been made up and having someone with similar thoughts yet of a different point of view upon the journey could only benefit the group and herself.

As the Mage announced himself as Gararion she did the same.
" I am called Viresse by most, as that is the name given to me by my parents. Some have taken to calling me Vir, but those that have are not with me now."
She smiled faintly, her tanned jhellerhim face was fair and calm.
" Now, Gararion, should we see to it that we join the Party as they prepare departure?"

She held out a hand in  a gesture of him to lead the way. Though she was considered a leader by some, her slow way of decision-making was not suited for taking command.


*pokey de Viresse at viresse@santharia.com* - character descriptions moderator
The Santharian Dream - Home sweet Home...

Logged
Dray Ducroix
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 417


« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2003, 07:33:22 AM »

*Dray left the tavern and headed right to Walters house. He went in through the back door and was greeted with a smile from the entire family who was just about finished with their evening meal*

Walter"Dray have a seat and eat with us there is some left if I am not mistaken"

*Walters wife nods and goes to grab a bowl, but Dray raises a hand to stop her*

"That will not be neccessary, thank you for the offer, but I have already eaten and am full"

*Dray paused for a long time, but it was obvious he had something to say*

Walter"Your leaving"

*It was stated as a fact, not even a question, seems these people had gotten to know him well over the past few months*

"Yes I am leaving. Walter you are fully healed and have been working the past week and Ben you have learned much and grown into a young man as your father recovered.....an old friend of min wandered into town and i spoke with him at the inn. He plans to set off on a quest and I intend to join him. I just came by to thank you all and gather my things."

Walter"You have not reason to thank us Dray, we are the ones who should be thanking you for what you have done, and we greatly appriciate what you have done. We are sad to see you go, but we know its the best for you...

"Yes now Ben you keep up with your swordplay and become a great swordsman that way any goblins who dare cross your path will think twice about it."

*Ben nods slowly as Dray heads up the stairs and to the room he stayed in. He gathered his things and went back downstairs. Ben had left the room as had Walter, but Debra had stayed and was holding a package in her hands*

Debra"Dray I have been working on this for you for awhile now....you may have use for it some day for some reason, but I want you to have it as a thank you...now don't argue with me or try to not take it, just take it with you and go, and come back to visit sometime, you will alwasy be welcome here....you know that.."

*Debra hands Dray the package and leaves the room tears forming in her eyes. Dray takes one last look around as he heads out the door. He pulls his cloak over his head so his appearance and who he is is masked as he heads to the meeting point at the edge of town. He waits to see who else may arrive as he leans against a wall of a stable nearby. He opens the package and inside is a very nice and well made forest green cloak with gold seems and a golden tie around to neck area. Also inside is some jerky and a note saying thank you and that there is jerky inside for the long road ahead. Dray smiles to himself as he rewraps the cloak and puts it into his bag along with the jerky and he waits.*

The difference between a brave man and a coward....is facing your fear instead of running away-Dray Ducroix

Logged
Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 3372


Elf, Ylfferhim


« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2003, 12:32:22 PM »

Gararion looked at the elven female that called herself Viresse.

"I think that would be the best thing to do now."

Gararion followed the open hand and started to walk toward the door that the figure dressed in green stood in.

"Pardon me sir, but the lady and myself have overheard you speaking of a certian gem that has caught our attention.  You have spoken of a quest to go searching for this stone if I am correct.  I believe that we have both agreed that we also would like to acompany you on your little quest if that would be possible."

As Gararion spoke to the male he sensed a essence about the figure, sorrounding his sword and a ring that he wore upon his finger.  What power did these items have?

Edited by: Gararion at: 1/29/03 3:34:05 am
Logged

Viresse
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 1345


« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2003, 02:31:22 PM »

She stood behind Gararion quietly. She felt no need to interject any statements after Gararion spoke, for he seemed to say exactly what needed to be said with both eloquence and authority.
She waited for a response as she stood, ready to relay her poinions if the need arose. As far as she could tell, Gararion would be a reliable ally in these travels. But again; Viresse was always wary of mages as she knew no magic herself.

As she stood still behidn Gararion she thought of ways that the Mage may betray her. Perhaps she was too open with her speech, and she hoped that it did not become her downfall. Nevertheless, from what she had gathered Gararion was a good ally and she would rely upon him as a source of information and advice... until he proved himself other wise.


*pokey de Viresse at viresse@santharia.com* - character descriptions moderator
The Santharian Dream - Home sweet Home...

Logged
Muargath
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 945


« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2003, 04:20:22 PM »

It didn't take Muargath long to pack her small pack, for she owned very little.  Rushing back downstairs would be a mistake though, and she didn't want to appear over-eager.  No, that wouldn't do at all...  So instead she flopped onto her bed and rolled onto her back, revelling in the comfort of a soft mattress.  The light from the window was ebbing and the sun, dipping below the horizon, cast dark shadows over the walls of her room.  But the darkness did not bring her to a sleepy state, for it was in the dark that she was most awake.  

She stared at the ceiling and wondered how long it would be before she'd sleep in a decent bed again.  Her hand absently went to her money purse and she jiggled it a bit.  Sadly, very few coins clinked together within the leather pouch.  No time for leisure... the best thing to do is go along with the others and see what fortune they lead me to.  She studied tthe small imperfections in the ceiling until it was so dark that she could no longer see them.

"There is serenity in Chaos.
Seek ye the Eye of the Hurricane."
- so says the Principia Discordia

Logged
jamalian
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 449


« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2003, 11:04:22 PM »

"I am Jamalian. I am sure we will get to know each other a little better on this quest, but now is not the time to talk."
He stood and pushed the chair underneath the table, it screeched along the ground as he did so.
"It is time to leave. I will see you at the gate."
Jamalian turned and left, squeezing past those who stood at the door. The 2 who he had been listening to at the bar were asking about joining himself and the others. The more the merrier.
He slowly left the inn and strolled slowly down the road.

Logged
Junas
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 56


« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2003, 12:36:22 AM »

Junas nodded. "See you at the gate."
He looked around wondering where Muargath was, had she already left while Junas was talking with Jamalian. No, he would have seen her. Does she know we're leaving now? Junas thought.



Draw this darkness out like poison. Stab, retrieve, again decline. Help me drive the dagger deeper, trace with me explicit line. Take this blade a test of faith and strike me deep and true. I put all my trust in you.

Logged
Muargath
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 945


« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2003, 06:30:22 AM »

With a small sigh of regret, Muargath sat up and climbed off the bed.  It's a sad, sorry shame I already paid for the room, I could've snuck out the window and saved me some coin!  

    She picked up her light pack and slung it over one narrow shoulder.  She didn't bother taking a last look around the dark room, since Muargath knew she had everything already.  She grabbed her cloak from a peg behind the door and draped it over her free arm before exiting the small chamber.  

    Taking her sweet time, Muargath walked downstairs and straight up to the bar.  To the innkeeper she said, "Here is your key back.  I will not be staying, after all."  She slid the key across the counter toward him.  Glancing about the room, she spotted Junas and waved at him, grinning.  Not wanting to announce her intentions to the entire bar-room, she pointed toward the door instead and then started in that direction.  She paused in the doorway for a moment to see if he was coming, before stepping outside.

On the porch, she set her pack down on the unevenm, wood planks and swept her tan-color, woven cloak around her, adjusting it about her shoulders.  A moment with the silver clasp and she was done and ready to go.      

"There is serenity in Chaos.
Seek ye the Eye of the Hurricane."
- so says the Principia Discordia

Logged
Junas
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 56


« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2003, 06:55:22 AM »

Junas saw Muargath come down the stairs, she returned her key to the innkeeper. She turned and waved to Junas, she pointed to the door and walked just outside. Junas nodded and got to his feet, slung his pack over his shoulder and followed Muargath outside.

"Ready to go? Most people have left and are awaiting Sinen at the gate."



Draw this darkness out like poison. Stab, retrieve, again decline. Help me drive the dagger deeper, trace with me explicit line. Take this blade a test of faith and strike me deep and true. I put all my trust in you.

Logged
Sinen Darkchild
Fighter
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 454


Elf, Quaelhoirhim


« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2003, 09:04:22 AM »

To the wizard he replies,

"You both are gladly welcome on this quest. Meet at the town gate. We will leave shortly, I have to take care a small business first. Now if you will excuse me."

Sinen exits the tavern and heads to a small building not far. From the sign above the door it was obvious that it was an herb shop. Inside he picks up a parcel of healing herbs from the lady and gives her some silver coins. Then he leaves and heads to the blacksmith shop. Catching the guy before he closed for the night he picks up a dagger he was having repaired and sharpened. Sinen paid the man with a few gold coins. Then Sinen headed for the town entrance. Getting their he sees some of the people starting to gather.

"Everyone who is to join me on my quest. Speak if you are ready."

 Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him.

Logged

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?

Sinen Darkchild CD
Alnac Kreb
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 34


« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2003, 09:07:22 AM »

"I am ready to join you on this quest."


Death is not the worst than can happen to men.
-Plato

Logged
Muargath
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 945


« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2003, 06:39:22 PM »

She picked up her pack again, just as Junas walked out.  "Ready to go? Most people have left and are awaiting Sinen at the gate."

Muargath looked about at the dark through-fare of Leseris.  The few shops that made up this small town were already closing, as none stayed open much later than sunset.  "Gate, you say?  This hamlet has a gate?"  Muargath chuckled and stepped off the porch.  "Very well, Junas."  She made a show of looking first left, then right and finally spying a couple of people gathering on the outskirts of town which was, in all honesty, about 20 peds away.  "I guess we go this way..."  She walked off, still chuckling...

People in dark cloaks, the hoods drawn... ever and always the same.  But here was the powerful-looking man who'd whispered with Sinen at the bar earlier.  And here also were the two elves standing apart from the others- one being the wizard with glowing staff and book and the other being the female with the long spear- no, make that three elves, for the short, dark-haired one was here, skulking about, as well.  And the laconic man who'd sat at her own table, the one with dark skin and beautiful eyes and no name, he was here too.  Clearly, just about everyone who'd been in the bar was here, waiting for Sinen to arrive.  Muargath stood off to one side, looking down and drawing circles in the dirt with the toe of her boot, but out of the corner of her eye, she patiently studied the rest of the group.

Finally, Sinen showed.  "Everyone who is to join me on my quest-  Speak if you are ready."

Oddly enough, it was the quiet one, her exotic friend, who spoke up first.  "I am ready to join you on this quest."

Muargath smiled to herself.  I am here by my action, and my actions speak louder that any word.  Still she said nothing for she knew that Sinen could see her plainly.  Speaking would be, in her mind, superfluous.      

"There is serenity in Chaos.
Seek ye the Eye of the Hurricane."
- so says the Principia Discordia

Edited by: Muargath   at: 1/30/03 9:44:04 am
Logged
jamalian
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 449


« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2003, 07:24:22 PM »

As Sinen arrived, everyone seemed to perk up a little as they were ready to start this adventure.
"I am ready."
Jamalian stood straight with his arms crossed, waiting patiently for the other to reply.

Logged
Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 3372


Elf, Ylfferhim


« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2003, 12:20:22 AM »

Gararion nodded to Viresse as he left the tavern making sure that she was following behind him.

As they got to the road side Gararion saw many of the same people who were just moment ago sitting within the Tavern now standing here with Sinen, some speaking up saying that they were ready to leave.

Gararion looked to Viresses for a moment and then back to Sinen.

"My compainion and myself both are surely ready to join you on this search."

Gararion looked over each member now, trying to discover their weaknesses and strengths for they prove worth while along the path that they would now lead.

Logged

Junas
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 56


« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2003, 06:54:22 AM »

Junas looked around, everyone stating that they were ready.
"I am ready." Junas finally said, he was unsure if he was or not but just chose to follow along with the rest of the group.



Draw this darkness out like poison. Stab, retrieve, again decline. Help me drive the dagger deeper, trace with me explicit line. Take this blade a test of faith and strike me deep and true. I put all my trust in you.

Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]
Members
Total Members: 2849
Latest: abigailjordan
Stats
Total Posts: 214569
Total Topics: 8052
Online Today: 35
Online Ever: 216
(November 30, 2006, 09:08:03 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 32
Total: 33

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines
TinyPortal v0.9.8 © Bloc
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Theme based on Cerberus with Risen adjustments by Bloc and Krelia
Modified By Artimidor for The Santharian Dream
gfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx