Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 1: Tales in a Tavern  (Read 25121 times)
Viresse
New Santharian

« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2003, 11:03:22 AM »

She nodded to Gararion as he announced their readiness. She was always ready to move; she had few possessions.
Standing to one side of Gararion she seemed to mimic his movements as the group stood waiting.

They all looked like Ruffians to Her.
A white-haired lady.While her look was unique, her casual dress meant business and task-doing.
A fellow of some sort; he looked young and spoke boldly.
There was another man of similar speech, but he seemed to be a bit more testy and quick to speak.
Then the Cloaked one that only spoke when he felt he needed to. He seemed shady and She felt she should watch him.
And the Elven fellow that seemed to be the leader. He seemed especially worth watching; he knew much and seemed to know what to do and how to do it. Which may very well be a problem if his intentions are ill.

And Gararion. While she knew nothing of him, he had knowledge that was useful and they though in a similar fashion. He seemed to be the one she didn't have to worry about. However, she swallowed anxiously. She hoped she wouldn't have to change her mind.

*pokey de Viresse at viresse@santharia.com* - character descriptions moderator
The Santharian Dream - Home sweet Home...

Edited by: Viresse  at: 2/1/03 2:07:02 am
Sinen Darkchild
Fighter
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2003, 01:00:22 PM »

"Well then, if everyone is ready I think we should get moving. I don't know what to expect. I'm glad to have everyone with me on this journey though. We head south from here past the city of Hog to the far western edge of the Amatrar forest. There is were I will begin this search."

An interesting bunch here. I'm not sure I want to know their motivations.

Sinen sets out in a southerly direction from the town.  

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him.

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?

Sinen Darkchild CD
Muargath
New Santharian

« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2003, 03:56:22 PM »

Muargath made a small show of hoisting her pack-as light as it was- a bit higher up on her right shoulder, before turning south.  She fell into step with Sinen, however, she kept a good ten paces behind him.

From the corner of her eye, she glimpsed some of the others as they followed along, and  the rest she could hear behind her.  Fire Gem.  Fire Gem.  I can't believe I am hunting down a mythical relic from some badly written child's tale.  What next, should I be looking for ghosts and demons too?  Why am I traipsing about the countryside with nearly a dozen strangers?  For merely the hope of some small gain.  A few coin and a good deck of cards might get me farther...  

"Feh!"  She said aloud.  Muargath froze, looked around her like she was surprised she let that slip out.  A moment later, she put her head down and kept walking, picking up her pace.

"There is serenity in Chaos.
Seek ye the Eye of the Hurricane."
- so says the Principia Discordia

Junas
New Santharian

« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2003, 04:23:22 PM »

Junas pursued the group, leading the way was Sinen, he appeared to know the most of all these matters. He then noticed Muargath walking quite quickly with her head down, around 10 paces behind Sinen. Junas looked at her and smiled, he continued to walk wondering and thinking of what events shall occur on this quest.  

Draw this darkness out like poison. Stab, retrieve, again decline. Help me drive the dagger deeper, trace with me explicit line. Take this blade a test of faith and strike me deep and true. I put all my trust in you.

jamalian
New Santharian

« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2003, 01:24:22 AM »

Jamalian slipped his hands into his deep pockets and strolled forward, keeping towards the back of the group. He stayed alert, although it wouldnt seem so just by looking at him. He had his head down and his hand movement was restricted, but he was always ready for anything.

He listened to his surroundings, waiting for any changes in sound. He also listened to the conversations of those with him. He had learnt that he could learn exactly who he was dealing with by listening to how they spoke and what they said. Soon he might learn the others motives of finding this Fire Gem.

He kept quiet and to himself as he slowly strolled along, keeping close to the others.

Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2003, 03:26:22 AM »

Gararion watched as the others began to move on.  They walked at a normal pace, slower than what Gararion had been used to but it had always seemed that he moved with the wind himself, as if he was truely in touch with it when he wasn't trying to control it to his advantage.  It seemed the wind had always tried to emrace him and protect him.

Gararion looked at Viresse and held out a hand in a gesture almost saying "Shall we".  He then walked on following behind them not knowing where his female companion liked to be within a group.  But they slowly caught up to the last man in the group and followed behind him.

Muargath
New Santharian

« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2003, 11:23:22 AM »

Eventually she found herself walking next to Junas.  "So, Junas, tell me what brings you to this part of the country?  Or are you from these parts?"  She tucked a strand of white-blonde hair behind her ear and glanced his way.

Junas
New Santharian

« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2003, 01:10:22 PM »

"Well I was born in Caelum, so I suppose I am sort of from around here." Junas answered as he lowered his head. "What about you?" Junas asked interested in how Muargath got involved in all of this.

Draw this darkness out like poison. Stab, retrieve, again decline. Help me drive the dagger deeper, trace with me explicit line. Take this blade a test of faith and strike me deep and true. I put all my trust in you.

Muargath
New Santharian

« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2003, 04:38:22 PM »

"Caelum, is it?  I grew up in Naios.  We're practically neighbors, Junas."  She smiled.  "Well, maybe not.  I've been on the road for awhile now.  I don't expect to see Naios again anytime soon."  Her smile grew bitter and then faded.

Clouds were slowly starting to pull in overhead and the moon had not yet risen.  Muargath looked up at the night sky, then over to Sinen.  Up ahead, their elven guide led them down the road, making not a sound as he walked.   She cleared her throat a little then said quietly, "Recently, I've been in Elsreth.  Interesting town, that place.  Not so great if you fancy a bet, though.  That's why I'm here... I was planning on visiting Hog next.  Some good card-houses in Hog, I've heard.  Maybe go on toYorick and spend some time on the coast. The beaches there are supposed to be nice this time of year."  She walked on in silence for a bit.

Junas
New Santharian

« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2003, 04:47:22 PM »

Junas smiled at Muargath. "Sounds like you had everything planned out." He paused for a moment. "Me on the other hand, I have no real idea what my life holds in the future. I am basically just taking things as they come to me. It can be fun, never knowing what comes next actually."

Muargath
New Santharian

« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2003, 05:24:22 PM »

"Plans usually have a way of getting altered, and usually when you least expect it.  At least, that is the way it is for me.  I'm used to it, though."  

Muargath paused for a bit, looking around to see if the wizard was still with them.  He was, glowing staff and all.  Him and the other elf, the female with the big poker, were bringing up the rear of the party.  Muargath looked at Junas again and spoke in a whisper, walking even closer to the young man, "I keep my eyes open for opportunity, and when it comes, I seize it with both hands."  She made a grabbing motion with her free hand for emphasis, just as she'd said it.  "This Fire Gem we seek might not even be real... but I've no doubt we'll find other treasures along the way, where ever it is we are going.  Even now, we are headed to some lady sage who will give Sinen more information.  Have you ever been to a sage?"  She asked this last with a glint in her eye.

Edited by: Muargath   at: 2/2/03 8:36:15 am
Junas
New Santharian

« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2003, 05:43:22 PM »

Memories of his past surged through Junas's mind, back at Ximax. The mages of Ximax, the last time he saw her. "Not exactly, I visited Ximax once. But never really got any information or anything like that from one."

Muargath
New Santharian

« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2003, 06:47:22 AM »

"Ah, I see..."  She replied knowingly.  "Well, sages are usually mages of sorts.  Sometimes they are mages that just couldn't handle adventuring around... preferring their books to excitment, or maybe focusing on one small aspect of knowlege or a spell-type.  And sometimes they are just taking a break... for the sake of researching and all."  

Muargath caught a look from Junas and smiled, "I've been around a mage ot two in my time.  I know nothing at all about casting, myself, but I do know this..."  She leaned in even closer and lowered her voice to the merest whisper, "They always have valuable stuff lying around.  Sometimes so much stuff that they cannot possibly keep track of it all!"

She stepped  back a little, continuing the pace down the road.  "Little things, knick-knacks and such.  They can hardly miss it.  And if they do, they they just hobble on down to the shops and buy a new one... ooh!  Did I mention that sages have money too?  Lot's of coin!"  

Muargath sighed and looked up at the night sky, wistfully remarking, "It's almost like I'm doing them this grand service, uncluttering their junky workspaces..."  She walked along, watching Junas' reaction out of the corner of her eye.  

Gashnum Invraldi
New Santharian

« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2003, 06:54:22 AM »

Meanwhile.. some distance down the road...

Gashnum walked slowly along the path. His spear resting lightly over one shoulder, its banner played about joyfully in the crisp night breeze. In his left hand he carried a leather lead, which, of course, led back to his horse. The horse carried all manner of things; supplies, blankets, a tent, a fairly large sack which was tightly bound, its sides bulging with what looked to be some kind of mineral or metal, and his longbow and quiver, among other things.

At his side Gashnums hound, Duster, walked obediently. His tounge lolling out one side of his mouth. Sometimes the dog would run off the path and into the surrounding grassland chasing pheasants and the occaisional tarep.

After a good while Gashnum became aware of another group of travellers some distance behind him.He could barely see them through the darkness, but it looked like at least one was carrying a torch. They would catch up to him within the hour. Gashnum had been in this part of the world for only a short time, he had yet to meet anyone who was unfriendly, but one couldn't be sure.
"Woah."

Gashnum stopped his horse. He walked back several steps and retrieved a sheath from one of the saddle-bags. It contained his short-sword, Gashnum strapped the sheath to his belt, then pulled his travelling cloak tight about him against the nights chill. He leaned against his horse casually as the group began to approach.

Edited by: Gashnum Invraldi at: 2/2/03 10:14:57 pm
Junas
New Santharian

« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2003, 07:20:22 AM »

"I see," Junas looked at Muargath and smiled, they were now going to see a sage, was Muargath going to take some of the sage's coin? Junas thought hard for a minute or so about this silently, wondering what will happen when they meet this 'sage'.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]