* 
Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?


*
gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize


Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 1: Tales in a Tavern  (Read 25057 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Dray Ducroix
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 417


« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2003, 02:43:22 PM »

*Dray get his drink and is taking a drink as one of the elves approaches him. The elf sits next to him and a familar voice comes to Dray*

Its been awhile hasn't it Dray?

*Dray almost spits out the ale as he looks over and sees Sinen sitting there next to him.*

"Sinen! Why yes it has been awhile since we have last met. Its good to see you, you look great? What brings you to this small village out in the middle of nowhere?"

The difference between a brave man and a coward....is facing your fear instead of running away-Dray Ducroix

Logged
Muargath
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 945


« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2003, 05:47:22 PM »

Startled out of her reverie, Muargath looked up at the handsome man who addressed her.  

Her dark gray eyes widened slightly in awe at his dark, exotic features and she blushed almost immediately when she realized she was staring... so enraptured by the conversation about the Firegem, she hadn't even noticed when he came into the room.  It was as if he'd just appeared out of the thinnest air!  Not nearly so odd, that this would happen in such a place as named The Dark Dream Inn!

"Why yes... Please have a seat!"  She gestured toward another chair, then picked up her wine glass and took a hasty sip in a sad attempt to cover her embarrassment at being caught unawares.    

"There is serenity in Chaos.
Seek ye the Eye of the Hurricane."
- so says the Principia Discordia

Logged
Sinen Darkchild
Fighter
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 454


Elf, Quaelhoirhim


« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2003, 11:23:22 PM »

"Well, to tell the truth,Dray, I've been travelling around. Mostly seeing what I can see, and trying to find information on the disappearance of my parents."

dropping to a whisper and moving so only Dray can here.

"I've just heard a story of an ancient artifact I'd forgotten all about. I'm thinking of looking into this item as The story I heard was fragmentary and it bothers me that it would be told in this small town."

 Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him.

Logged

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?

Sinen Darkchild CD
Dray Ducroix
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 417


« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2003, 08:18:22 AM »

*Dray leans is as Sinen lowers his voice to catch his words and then also lowers his voice so only Sinen can hear him*

"Well my friend that old man has many stories he tells then to the children at least once a week sometimes more often. I am soon to leave this town as it is my business here finished, so if you would like to look into this artifact I would be more than happy to help and old friend out."

*Dray slaps Sinen on his back lightly in a friendly guesture and nods a thanks to the bartender who had just set his bowl of stew in front of him. Dray takes a few spoonfulls of the soup and looks back to Sinen smiling*

The difference between a brave man and a coward....is facing your fear instead of running away-Dray Ducroix

Logged
Sinen Darkchild
Fighter
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 454


Elf, Quaelhoirhim


« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2003, 08:24:22 AM »

"I'd be glad to have you with me. You never know what will happen next."

Sits for a moment then stands.

"Dray, I'm going to get some rest. I'll see you later. It's good to see you again."

Walks up the stairs, unlocks his room, and goes inside. He shuts and locks the door behind him. Laying on the bed he begins to think about all his friends he hadn't seen in awhile.

 Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him.

Edited by: Sinen Darkchild at: 1/23/03 11:30:15 pm
Logged

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?

Sinen Darkchild CD
Muargath
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 945


« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2003, 05:27:22 PM »

Muargath looked up at the dark stranger and wondered why he was hesitating.

    A fluid movement of green in her periphial vision drew her eyes away to the same elf who had been talking to the old man a moment ago... and now the  elf was having a whispered conversation with a strong-looking warrior over at the bar.  The two seemed to know each other. But a very short time later, the elf went upstairs again, leaving the man to his meal.  

Of course, Muargath was curious, but not so curious that she'd be rude to the handsome man who'd addressed her... so she turned her full attention back to him instead.

The elf, and the Firegem, can wait.

"There is serenity in Chaos.
Seek ye the Eye of the Hurricane."
- so says the Principia Discordia

Edited by: Muargath   at: 1/24/03 8:28:09 am
Logged
Alnac Kreb
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 34


« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2003, 01:02:22 AM »

OOC: Sorry, I've been having bad connection problems. :|




Alnac took a seat at the table and took another draft of the wretched silver elixir. He held back a face of disgust, and turned his attention to the young woman.

"So, you've heard the old man speaking as well? It seems an interesting story... perhaps there is more than one gem that can save my life." He realized he was straying and giving away to much. His thoughts turned to Thalambath, Lord Gho, and the Pearl at the heart of the World... He remembered...

...the blood moon shall rise over the bronze tent, and the path to the pearl will be revealed...

He regained control of his own mind, and hailed down the barmaid to get something else to drink. Lord Gho's poison was getting on his nerves.


Death is not the worst than can happen to men.
-Plato

Logged
jamalian
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 449


« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2003, 01:23:22 AM »

Jamalian's food was taking its time, so he decided to go and see where it was. He moved up to the bar where 2 men sat a few stools away from him. One of them had only just walked in, but the other was the wizard who had been talking of this Fire Gem.
He sat quietly, hoping that he could gain a little more information, but the two men just agreed to search for it together.
Jamalian wanted to find this gem and the only way was to speak to the men, and the perfect opportunity came just as the wizard went back to his room.

Jamalian moved over a few stools until he was sitting next to a strong looking male. He went straight in at the deep end by requesting to know where the Fire Gem was.

"Excuse me sir. Im sorry to bother you, but i really do need your help. I am in search of an item. It is powerful and it could be used to take over these lands if placed in the wrong hands. I must get to it before anyone else can use it to complete their own evil deeds. I believe it is called the .... Fire Gem. I was wondering if you had ever heard of this before."

This may not have been the smartest thing to do, but for Jamalian, getting information directly was the only way.

Logged
Sinen Darkchild
Fighter
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 454


Elf, Quaelhoirhim


« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2003, 03:55:22 AM »

Laying on the bed, Sinen drifts into sleep.




A figure in all black, his face hidden from view stands near a wall with a male and female elf chained to it. The image flashes to a figure dressed in black carrying Sinen's sister away.

The image shifts again. Orcs and even more foul things ravage the land. Cities burn, and people die. Amidst all this is a man shrouded in black, holding aloft a gem shaped as an orb. It's heart burns with a fire, its malice biting into Sinen's mind.




Sinen's eyes snap open suddenly.

That couldn't be happening. Could it be what is to come, one possibility amongst an infinite number. It is strange.

 Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him.

Logged

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?

Sinen Darkchild CD
Viresse
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 1345


« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2003, 05:02:22 AM »

She slipped through the tavern door quietly, her bare feet and the butt of her spear thunking against the floorboards. As she reached further in, her green eyes clouded over; the place was full of dark strangers and darker plottings. She pursed her lips and furrowed her blonde brows slightly; then tried to hide her opinion by waking quickly toward the bar.

She did not bother to slip her lithe form into a seat; she rather preferred to stand beside the counter, spear in hand. It is easier to escape the foul dealings if one is already on their feet. She cleared her parched throat and spoke; her voice, while light was commanding for an elf.

"If the request can be granted, a large glass of water would be appreciated; perhaps followed by some Aohu'o mead if such a drink exists here?" The tender plunked a grimy glass before her and filled it with what can assumed to be water. It wasn't entirely clear, and had some things floating in it, she could not discern what.

"Perhaps it'd be best if the Ale was brought now." She pointed out and pushed the glass to one side with a nimble finger.

A rich, honey-brown mead was brought to her, and set upon the counter. She nodded; at least they had Spiced Mead. She picked up the glass and took a long sip; it parched her throat with the taste of cinnamon and honey.

As she drank her mead, she listened. Some mumbling of a jewel called the Fire Gem pricked her ears. While this term was not familiar, the thought of people of such a vile watering-hole discussing this ancient artifact made it seem as if it should have been. She scrunched up her elven features in a look of both disgust and confusion, but covered it with a sip of her ale.

Well. I don't think lowly assassins and thieves should rightly own a magical artifact such as that; it no doubt contains much power, far more power than their short-lived minds can concieve. She set her pint upon the counter, and fumbled with her earring as she thought.
Maybe I should discern who exactly wishes to find this Fire Gem; and decide for myself their worth and caliber.... but I can not tell right away if they are a good person. I may have to journey with them as they seek the Gem,  which will bring it to my possession if I feel that they are unfit...
Well and Good, it seems; one last journey for the Old Jhell. If it comes to my hands, then I will present it to the 'Ronn... and its fate and powers will be decided there.


She picked up her pint of spiced mead and took a long sip. To have to talk to folk such as this may take another glass of Mead...


*pokey de Viresse at viresse@santharia.com* - character descriptions moderator
The Santharian Dream - Home sweet Home...

Logged
Sinen Darkchild
Fighter
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 454


Elf, Quaelhoirhim


« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2003, 06:47:22 AM »

Quicky throwing the ivory horn on the table over his shoulder and around his neck, he picks up the sword from against the wall and straps the belt around his wast. With the sword fastened he picks up the rich dark green cloak from atop his pack and fastens it around his neck. Checking finally that all his stuff is together he leaves the pack and walks back down to the bar. He walks quickly to Dray ignoring the man near him that wasn't there before.

"Dray, I fear we may have a problem which will arise in the near future. I believe we should set out before day breaks tomorrow. I feel it in my heart, evil looms in the distance. Every second wasted will only bring disaster. I'll wait at the entrance to town."

Without waiting for an answer he returns to his room grabs his pack of things and slings it on his back. He then come back down and goes straight to the tavern keeper.

"Sir, I shall not be staying the night as planned. Here is some money as a token of generosity."

Sinen pulls two coins made of gold from a pouch on his belt and hands them to the man then turns and heads for the door. However as he is walking words float to his ears.

"So, you've heard the old man speaking as well? It seems an interesting story... perhaps there is more than one gem that can save my life."

Looking over he realizes that the person speaking is the guy who is now sitting with the lady by the fireplace. Sinen walks over to the guy and calmly says,

"Excuse me, while it may not be my business, I have happened to over hear you talking of a gem. Might I ask what you call this gem for I am preparing to seek out a gem of my own. Could this be the same gem?"

Sinen pulls up a chair, and throwing his pack aside, sits down.

 Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him.

Edited by: Sinen Darkchild at: 1/24/03 11:47:36 pm
Logged

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?

Sinen Darkchild CD
Muargath
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 945


« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2003, 08:23:22 AM »

She smiled as he sat down.  "I, uh... well.  I was that obvious, huh?"  Muargath asked, while looking around to see if anyone else was watching her.  Satisfied that they weren't, she turned back to the dark-skinned man.  "But what do you mean by more than one gem that can save your life?  Do you owe someone a debt?"  

To the barmaid, she said, "and bring another red wine, please?"



As the barmaid walked away, the elf in green approached and said, "Excuse me, while it may not be my business, I have happened to over hear you talking of a gem. Might I ask what you call this gem for I am preparing to seek out a gem of my own. Could this be the same gem?"   And then the elf grabbed a chair and joined them at the table.

Muargath leaned back in her chair and studied the elf.  "The same gem?  Perhaps... perhaps not.  As for us, we were just now getting acquainted."  She paused and grinned at the elf.  "Is it this 'gem of fire' you seek?  Are you sure it is not only a child's tale?"

"There is serenity in Chaos.
Seek ye the Eye of the Hurricane."
- so says the Principia Discordia

Edited by: Muargath   at: 1/25/03 8:31:43 am
Logged
jamalian
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 449


« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2003, 09:00:22 AM »

The innkeeper set some hot stew, freshly baked bread and a tankard of ale down on the bar. If it tasted as good as it smelt, he was sure it would be a good meal.
"Thank you."
Jamalian took some bread and plunged it deep into the bowl of stew before pushing it into his mouth. It was one of the best meals he had ever had. The innkeeper was indeed a great chef.
While still eating, Jamalian listened out as the wizard returned and spoke to two people who sat behind him. Although he wasnt being spoken to, he couldnt help but call out. It was the only way he might be able to accompany them on their search for this precious and powerful stone.
"The Fire Gem!! I am in search of the Fire Gem."
Until now, he actually wasnt in search of it, but he had liked what he heard earlier and now it was all that was in his mind.

Logged
Sinen Darkchild
Fighter
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 454


Elf, Quaelhoirhim


« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2003, 09:24:22 AM »

Hearing someone shout out that he was searching for the Fire Gem Sinen pays him no attention, or so it appeared, but in reality this man and his words registered in the back of his mind.

Fool, you could keep it quiet.

 Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him.

Logged

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?

Sinen Darkchild CD
Dray Ducroix
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 417


« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2003, 02:42:22 PM »

*Dray nods as Sinen leaves and goes back to his meal. He eats it slowly to make sure he will not eat too much and to savor the flavor of the stew. Dray kepts his ears open to hear anything he could from the people in the bar. A elven maiden entered the inn with a spear in hand and ordered a few things at the bar. She obviously was not too fond of the place at all.*

"Hmm interesting"

*Dray finishes his meal finally and sits there finishing his second mug of ale as Sinen comes back down the stairs is an obvious hurry and seemingly disturbed. Before Dray could say anything Sinen was almost out the door, but he stopped and joined 2 people at a table.*

Well now something spooked old Sinen there...well guess I will jsut have to gather up my things and get going then.

"Hey Ed!"

*The bartended comes over and sees what Dray needs*

"I thank you my friend for the meal my money pouch is quite thin as of late. I am going back to walters house and gathering my things. I am to enbark ona quest with an old friend"

EdSo you are leaving with that elf I saw you speaking with I assume?

"You assume right, I may return to the village....but I don't know for sure. Make sure the boy keeps with his sword pratice and watch over them for me. There is nobody else around here I would trust to be able to do such a task"

*Ed just simply nods at Dray and the men clasp hands as Dray stands and walks over to Sinen*

"Sir...Madam...Excuse the interuption, Sinen I will meet you where you have said I must pick a few things up first."

*With those words Dray nods at the man and woman at the table and leaves the inn*

The difference between a brave man and a coward....is facing your fear instead of running away-Dray Ducroix

Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]
Members
Total Members: 2849
Latest: abigailjordan
Stats
Total Posts: 214569
Total Topics: 8052
Online Today: 37
Online Ever: 216
(November 30, 2006, 09:08:03 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 29
Total: 29

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines
TinyPortal v0.9.8 © Bloc
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Theme based on Cerberus with Risen adjustments by Bloc and Krelia
Modified By Artimidor for The Santharian Dream
gfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx