Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 2: Off to see a Sage  (Read 34527 times)
Sinen Darkchild
Fighter
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2003, 07:55:22 AM »

Sinen's blade with its purple glow cleaves another orcs head off. Sinen blocks another blow from a club from the orc to his right. He attempts to attack but a blow to his back sends him scattering to the ground. Dazed and disoriented he scrambles to get up. The two orcs advance on him. The female elf, Alia, seems almost in a trance as she starts to move her hands similiar to weaving cloth. Sinen blocks one orc's club and sends a fist to the other's stomach, just as the ground underneath the one he blocked the attack from explodes upward impaling the orc on a thin spire of rocky earth. Sinen spins and drives his blade deep into the remaining orc's heart. He looks around and glares at the one remaining orc. It flees in fear.

"Dray, Gararion, we should move on."

He looks at Alia.

"Thank you for that."

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him.

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?

Sinen Darkchild CD
Gashnum Invraldi
New Santharian

« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2003, 12:44:22 PM »

"Absolutely." Gashnum stated, in agreement with Muargath.
Duster awoke at the sound of his masters voice and the hound perked up his ears curiously.

"We've got to give this man a chance, and if we don't" Gashnum lowered his voice.

"Whats to say he wont finish us off where we sit." Gashnum leaned back having made his point. He threw a stick he had been gesturing with into the fire. As an afterthought he said, mostly to Muargath but audible to the group

"And like my father always said, 'Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer."

The warrior who acts out of honour cannot fail. His duty is hounour itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear.
-From the 183rd Ritual of Devotion

Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2003, 02:09:22 PM »

Gararion watches the display of magic showed by this female.

Truely I will need to speak to her about this.

Gararion followed Sinen and Dray as they now seemed to force the threat away....

Muargath
New Santharian

« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2003, 05:18:22 PM »

Muargath nodded in agreement.  "Your father was very wise."  She looked at Elende who sat quite a ways away, staring at the night sky.  She didn't doubt that he could hear every word they said.  Probably... elves hear better than dogs can!  "So who's going to tell him?  We saved his hide, we should probably feed him."  Her own stomach was starting to rumble.

She looked at Gashnum, "You have any more of those sausages?  I guess it's my turn to cook..."  

"There is serenity in Chaos.
Seek ye the Eye of the Hurricane."
- so says the Principia Discordia

Edited by: Muargath   at: 2/28/03 8:19:36 am
Viresse
New Santharian

« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2003, 10:52:22 AM »

She listened to Gashnum come to the Moh'styros defense. While it was against what she had felt, humans were an ambiguous sort and she hoped that allowing Elende into the band didn't come to ill. It would be on her shoulders if it did, or so she felt.

Elende began to speak again. He spoke of being half Tethinirhim. He spoke of his upbringing in the Auturian (sp?) and his turn to Dark by his Eophyrhim father . While she listened, she was fairly entertained. But she was not sure if she trusted him.
She didn't trust anyone in the group. She wasn't even sure of the Fire Gem. The old Jhell had the urge to go on this journey and did so. She hoped she wouldn't pay for it....

Muargath came to a more steady conclusion that Viresse was more assured of. She said to take the ecu'Moh's ( "broken Dark", indicating him being half-dark elf)  weapons until Hog. Viresse nodded, while she didn't like the idea of being within the vicinity of such a strong Co'orish influence it seemed she didn't have a choice.

The white-haired girl spoke of telling the ecu'Moh their decision. Viresse stood.
" I will tell him. I feel that the moh'styros will understand it more from me than from you all. I expressed my distaste of him and feel that it would be best for all if he only disliked ONE of us instead of us all."
She looked to Gashnum.
"And if you do still have a fair amount of sausage, I'd enjoy having a meal of them." She smiled in a friendly manner, then departed to tell Elende.

*pokey de Viresse at viresse@santharia.com* - Adventures of Sorren Administrator
The Santharian Dream - Home sweet Home...

Gashnum Invraldi
New Santharian

« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2003, 03:57:22 PM »

"Ahhh, yes indeed I do, yes I do." Duster's ears rose even further at the mention of 'sausage'.

"Muargath if you want to cook, you can find them in that brown haversack." Gashnum pointed to a particulary large and bulky brown sack on the horse.

"And the pan is there as well." Gashnum turned to Viresse

"Oh and Viresse, don't be too harsh on the elven fellow, I don't think he can take much in his state."

The warrior who acts out of honour cannot fail. His duty is hounour itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear.

Elende
New Santharian

« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2003, 09:28:22 PM »

Elende tried to ignore the conversation of the five companions. He could have heard anything they said if he wanted to, they were only a few peds away. He kept himself busy with his thoughts, with pictures from his past.
 Acceptance did not come easily in the Auturian forest because of my dark elven heritage, same story in the Paelelon this because I was not a pure drow…same story now….. He had to realise that is going is the way are going to be.

Once again he turned his gaze in the stars, when he felt a voice talking to himself, a voice in his head.
What do these people know of your suffering, of the pain from falling from grace. NOTHING, everything was easy for them and now they judge you? How can they, what do they know?
 Elende felt as if his father was talking to him, as if darkness was calling him. He was holding his head and trying to dismiss all this though. He had to battle this demon from within. He felt like screaming…but suddenly the voice stopped and felt someone approaching.

He turned his head to see who was it and was surprised to see the elven maiden approaching. He quickly stood up and waited for her to tell him what their decision was…

Junas
New Santharian

« Reply #112 on: March 02, 2003, 05:24:22 AM »

So now he is a dark elf? Well half Drow, I have heard much of them but he seems to be nothing like what I was told. Junas simply had been following the conversation with little intent on getting involved. He knew nothing of the dark elves and had no real opinion on anything that was occuring at the moment.

Muargath asked Gashnum for more sausages, she would be cooking tonight Junas assumed.

Draw this darkness out like poison. Stab, retrieve, again decline. Help me drive the dagger deeper, trace with me explicit line. Take this blade a test of faith and strike me deep and true. I put all my trust in you.

Muargath
New Santharian

« Reply #113 on: March 02, 2003, 07:33:22 AM »

As Viresse walked off, Muargath went over to the horse and retrieved the brown haversack and the frying pan.  She came back over to the fire and made sure there was more than enough wood to keep the fire going.  Seemed a little low.  

"Would somebody please go collect some more wood?"  She asked no one in particular.

There was a ring of stones banking the shallow pit and another stone set within the circle.  Muargath centered the pan between this stone and the arc of stones that formed this ring.  It was a near perfect fit.  Turning to that brown leather sack, she found inside a small bottle of cooking oil.  She popped the cork out and poured some in the pan, stoppering it right after and putting it back where she found it.  After she unwrapped the sausages, she counted out two apiece and set them carefully in the pan to avoid any oil splatter.  She wrapped up the remainder, noting there was only enough for one more meal for a group of this size.  We should compensate Gashnum for his kindness.  It's not like he had to share his food with us.  I, for one, will repay him when we reach Hog...  

There was a long two-tined fork in the haversack as well, it was with this that Muargath moved the sausages around in the pan so that each would have maximum exposure to the heat.  She took some more wood and added it to the fire, slipping it carefully into the scant space below the pan.  Looking up, she noticed that Junas was watching her.  She smiled at the young knight before turning her attention back to the cooking...    

Edited by: Muargath   at: 3/1/03 10:34:44 pm
Sinen Darkchild
Fighter
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #114 on: March 02, 2003, 11:40:22 AM »

With the sun starting to sink from the sky, and a forest growing before them the group treks onward. the Elven lady, Alia stays near Sinen and keeps to herself. Sinen looks back to Dray.

"We are near our destination."

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him.

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?

Sinen Darkchild CD
Junas
New Santharian

« Reply #115 on: March 02, 2003, 01:26:22 PM »

Junas walked up to Muargath as she began cooking the sausages. "I haven't had much chance to talk to you for a while... how do you come to meet Gashnum? He is an awfully nice fellow."

Draw this darkness out like poison. Stab, retrieve, again decline. Help me drive the dagger deeper, trace with me explicit line. Take this blade a test of faith and strike me deep and true. I put all my trust in you.

Muargath
New Santharian

« Reply #116 on: March 03, 2003, 03:32:22 PM »

Muargath poked around at the sausages as they slowly started to sizzle.  "We met several months ago, at an desert inn called The Thirsty Herald."  She grinned at the memory.  "We played an interesting game of cards.  Unfortunately, I lost all my Wa'er to a knight named Jerardomas.  Luck was not with me that day... well, it was in my meeting Gashnum, but not in the cards."  She winked at Gashnum then.    

Viresse
New Santharian

« Reply #117 on: March 03, 2003, 03:56:22 PM »

She tried not to stare too intently at the ecu'moh as she approached him. While she had a natural dislike for them, she did feel a sense of kinship that all elves seemed to have. She then felt quickly annoyed as She nibbled at the inside of her lip. Kinship with a DROW!? The road has tainted you indeed!

She stood before the ecu'moh for a moment, then dropped to one knee so she would speak to him on eye level. Viresse peered at him for a second too long with her brown eyes.

" Me'kroi'Gashnum is preparing food and we will eat shortly. Do you wish to partake of it?"

She paused long enough for him to answer, Then cleared her throat and spoke low, so that only Elende could hear her.

" While I myself do not like the prospect presented, I have no choice. The Me'kroi have concluded that they shall take you along... But I have a condition that I myself have made." She took a quick, deep breath of air before continuing, and hoped that this didn't anger the Ecu'moh. He seemed reasonable but... she couldn't trust anyone.

"I wish to take your weapons. This will keep us safe, or so I feel. I pray to Ava you have not the skill of your Clerics or I will be forced to bind you." She breathed out slowly and looked at the Ecu'Moh, for any signs of anger or resentment.

*pokey de Viresse at viresse@santharia.com* - Adventures of Sorren Administrator
The Santharian Dream - Home sweet Home...

Gashnum Invraldi
New Santharian

« Reply #118 on: March 03, 2003, 11:02:22 PM »

Gashnum returned Muargath's smile with a wink and a nod.
"Ahh yes, quite a game that was."

"It was fortunate that we did happen to meet each other, else I would have been playing a lonely game of solitaire." He smiled then while watching Muargath poke at the sausages.

Elende
New Santharian

« Reply #119 on: March 04, 2003, 12:20:22 AM »

Elende listened carefully to what the elven maiden had to tell him. Of all the five companions, she seemed to be most suspicious of him. As a matter of fact, Elende got the impression that  she  suspected  no-one but herself.  

Taking a few second to consider her proposal, Elende fnally answered.

" My weapons are my only possesions....I trust that you will take good care of them. I hope that it would bring you some comfort  knowing that having been raising as a Tethnrhim elf I am unacostumed in the ways of the hunter-clerics"

The elven maiden didnt' seem to be convinced by his last statement. Elende paused for a few moments as he was thinking of what to say next.

There is no point trying to convince anyone his words. I would have to prove myself worthy of their trust with actions...not words. I only hope that I get a chance to prove myself...

" I do not expect you to trust my words...but I will try and prove your judgement wrong. I thank you for your honesty, however.".
He said this words with no hint of irony or cynicism. Taking a deep breath, he looking at the elven woman's brown eyes.

" If you have nothing more to say on this matter, I suggest to join the rest. I have been without nourishment for more than a day and I would greatly desire some food"

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]