Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 2: Off to see a Sage  (Read 34519 times)
Viresse
New Santharian

« Reply #120 on: March 04, 2003, 09:11:22 AM »

She nodded slowly as the ecu'moh finished his statement. She wanted more than anything to have an ally on the trip, and while Gararion had her friendship and trust for the most part, he was not here.

She had the me'kroi. But as they had just proven, as unpredictable as the waves....

She looked to the ecu'moh.
Ava... you have to be kidding me. Art thou?

She presented an empty hand and took his weapons; the only possessions he said he had. She held a tight grip to them and presented a hand in gesture toward the fire.

"While I am wary, I do not consider myself to be cruel. Sit by the flame and warm yourself, and eat your fill. It appears you are low on strength and have wounds to tend, I am but an aged Elf with a quick step."

She had to force off a smile as she spoke...

*pokey de Viresse at viresse@santharia.com* - Adventures of Sorren Administrator
The Santharian Dream - Home sweet Home...

Muargath
New Santharian

« Reply #121 on: March 05, 2003, 05:04:22 AM »

"Solitaire?"  Muargath chuckled.  "I think not!  If I weren't there, Jerardomas would have won all your silver instead!"  She laughed.  "I guess I was lucky for you..."

She started to turn the sausages over, rolling them a quarter at a time so they would brown evenly.  The smell was delightful.  She noted that Viresse and Elende were approaching the campfire and that Viress had the dark elf's weapons safely in hand.  Somehow, this made her feel only a little better.  

"There is serenity in Chaos.
Seek ye the Eye of the Hurricane."
- so says the Principia Discordia

Elende
New Santharian

« Reply #122 on: March 05, 2003, 12:02:22 PM »

As the elven woman finished her statement, she appeared to....smile. Elende did not expect such thing but he was pleasantly surpised, enough to return the gesture. He then around to pick up his gear. All that he had with him was a small back-pack, which was almost empty with his bow and and an empty quiver  attached to it. His blades he kept seperately, but he  fastened the sheathed swords on the back pack before handing everything over to the elven woman.

The rest of the companins were aware of the two elves approaching but tried to seem as unconcerned as possible. As if this whole situation was simply ....ordinary. As he approached the fire, his blood red hair appeared to lightne up, and if they were on fire.

Elende felt that he had to say something....anything. Finally, he spoke.....

"First you saved me from the vile poison, and now you ready to save me again...this time from starvation"

Junas
New Santharian

« Reply #123 on: March 06, 2003, 01:11:22 AM »

Junas looked at Muargath and smiled. "Thirsty Herald, I think I have heard of it... may be somewhere else I am thinking of though," he laughed slightly before looking for a moment at Elende. "What do you think of our new companion over there then?" He asked as he jolted his head in the drow's direction.

Draw this darkness out like poison. Stab, retrieve, again decline. Help me drive the dagger deeper, trace with me explicit line. Take this blade a test of faith and strike me deep and true. I put all my trust in you.

Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #124 on: March 06, 2003, 03:11:22 AM »

OOC: You think we should carry Dray Sinen?  I have been waiting for his reasponse so I could post but it seems that I will get none.  SO I post now...

Gararion listened to the words of Sinen.

Finally they would meet this mage that Sinen spoke so highly of.  But other things were on Gararion's mind now.  Who was this female that now joined them.  What was the purpose of her path crossing ours?

Gararion made his way closer to Sinen.

"Words have been running through my mind and now these words must make their escape young elf.  Why does this female join us?"

It was straight outward question and Gararion knew it.  But he didn't want to take the time to figure a way to hide his question within other words.  He felt at this moment this was the best path to take, though it may prove to gain no knowledge from this elf at all...

Muargath
New Santharian

« Reply #125 on: March 06, 2003, 03:45:22 AM »

"What do you think of our new companion over there then?"  Junas had asked just as the two elves were approaching him from behind.  Apparently, the young knight didn't know they were so close.  Muargath met Junas' eyes then flicked her gaze briefly over his shoulder before returning to his eyes again.  She slowly shook her head.  Maybe he'll understand.  Ah, but he is young and inexperienced... but he'll learn.

Muargath turned back to the sausages which were finally done, a fine crispy brown, yet not burned.  "They are ready.  Everyone help themselves.  Careful, they are very hot!"  She moved over to the log that Gashnum was sitting on, waiting for the others to eat first.  She glanced briefly at the red-haired drow as he thanked them all again for saving him from starvation.  She nodded respectfully to Elende, perhaps even nervously, but she did not reply.

Junas
New Santharian

« Reply #126 on: March 06, 2003, 05:44:22 AM »

Junas looked at Muargath as she avoided the question and made a very hidden gesture over his shoulder. Junas looked away and forgot about the question he had asked.

"They are ready. Everyone help themselves. Careful, they are very hot!" Muargath informed everyone. Junas reached and grabbed one of the sausages, it burned his fingers but ignored the pain as he was nearly starving. It cooled for a moment in the air before Junas popped it in his mouth finishing it in seconds.

"Mmm... very good Muargath and thank you very much." He smiled at her before turning to Gashnum.

"And thank you once again for providing the food. Big feast on me when we get to an inn or something like that." Junas laughed a bit but he was serious even though some of them may not believe it. Junas had quite a lot of money that he received from his mother when he left home, and what he wanted the most was to share it.

Draw this darkness out like poison. Stab, retrieve, again decline. Help me drive the dagger deeper, trace with me explicit line. Take this blade a test of faith and strike me deep and true. I put all my trust in you.

Dray Ducroix
New Santharian

« Reply #127 on: March 06, 2003, 06:07:22 AM »

OOC:Sorry guys, but I have been really busy latly I will post as much as possible. and necessary

*Dray looked ahead as Sinen said they neared their destination. Gararion then asked a why the female elf had joined them, and Dray realized that he was slightly curious about that too. Although Sinen and her seemed to know each other that was all Dray knew. Dray pulled a piece of fruit out of a pouch at his side and started eating it as they continued on and waited to hear Sinen's response*

Gashnum Invraldi
New Santharian

« Reply #128 on: March 06, 2003, 06:28:22 AM »

Gashnum scooched over slightly to make room for Muargath on the log. He wasn't quite hungry enough to get up and get a sausage yet. But he nodded modestly as the group thanked him for the food.
As Muargath sat down Gashnum smiled up to her. From the edge of the camp the two sat and watched the rest of the group eating. Gashnum's gaze rested mostly on Elende, the new elf. He wasn't quite sure about him yet, but Gashnum had given him the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps that might pay off later.

Gashnum spoke quietly to Muargath.
"Thanks for cooking tonight." his tone was serious. He patted his leg twice.
"I don't think I could have managed it, hah! maybe i'm getting to old for this kind of adventure." he laughed louder than he intended and looked up to see if anyone had taken any extra notice to him.

The warrior who acts out of honour cannot fail. His duty is hounour itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear.
-From the 183rd Ritual of Devotion

Sinen Darkchild
Fighter
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #129 on: March 06, 2003, 09:09:22 AM »

Not looking at either Dray or Gararion, but looking forward in the direction of their final destination.

"This here is Alia Locktear. She joins us at least for this small leg of our journey for she studies herbs from our sage's vast library. She is also a very close friend of mine. One I have been away from for a long time."

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him.

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?

Sinen Darkchild CD
Muargath
New Santharian

« Reply #130 on: March 06, 2003, 10:17:22 AM »

Chuckling at the Gashnum's laughter, Muargath gently nudged him with her elbow. "You are not old!  A little seasoned, maybe, but then, aren't we all?  As for cooking, it was my turn, I think.  We are all in this together and should share the duties... as much as we can, that is."

They sat in a comfortable silence for a few moments, watching the rest of the company.  Muargath's gaze went to Gashnum's leg twice before she finally asked, "How did it happen?  I mean, I've noticed your leg pains you... were you wounded somehow?"    

Gashnum Invraldi
New Santharian

« Reply #131 on: March 07, 2003, 01:08:22 PM »

"well, I guess your right.." Gashnum said, agreeing that he wasn't that old, a smile happily spread across his face.

The two sat silently for a moment before Muargath voiced her curiosity about his leg. Gashnum frowned slightly at the question, it wasn't that he didn't want to tell her, it was only that he didn't want to be seen as a weak link in the group. He reluctantly began to speak, making sure that the rest of the group was attending to their food.

"When I was younger, just about twenty years old if I remember correctly. I joined the Remusian army. I was foolhardy then but what can I say.." He chuckled a little at the memory then continued on.

"My platoon got called up for an outside  patrol one day. We had been out for about three hours when we were ambushed by an orc raiding party."The middle-aged trader turned slightly, as his legs were begining to get a little too hot this near the fire.

"There were about forty of us, maybe twice as many orcs. They came around from all sides and closed in on us. Picking us off one at a time. Our captain was wounded early on in the fight and it went downhill from there." He paused for a moment gathering his memories together. He decided on the shorter version for now.

"Well.. Long story short an orc put a spear through my leg. Went all the way through and broke the bone in the process. I guess the orcs didn't find any honor in killing a wounded opponent so they left me to die on the tundra after they finished off everyone else, except for two others who were wounded as well." Gashnum shook his head several times as the bad memories came flooding back. Old pain began to seep into his leg, inspired by the ancient memories. As an afterthought he added.
"I got the ork the stabbed me though..." Gashnum forced himself to laugh at this, laughing always was the best medicine. He turned to Muargath awaiting her opinion, hoping that she wouldn't think less of him for not gaining the wound through some valourious act.

The warrior who acts out of honour cannot fail. His duty is hounour itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear.
-From the 183rd Ritual of Devotion

Viresse
New Santharian

« Reply #132 on: March 08, 2003, 11:34:22 AM »

She took a seat acroos from Muargath and Gashnum but a good distance form Elende. She set his weapons beside her, close enough to reach but far enough for her to be comfortable.

She looked at the weapons a moment. She had heard of Moh'styros' skills with such things. Laced with poison, they jump from their scabbards and search for blood. She shivered a bit at the thought, but played it off as pretending to be cold. She listened to Gashnum and Muargath, and as she heard the former Remusian warrior speak of his limp ( which she had noticed but had taken no favor of, he travels so he should be treated no different than others) she found a grain of respect and and even trust for the man. She cocked her head slightly. She was surprised at her feelings; she wanted to trust no one.

But the longer the group was together, it seemed the more she did so. And not out of need as she usually expected.

She let a touch of a smile cross her face. Sometimes the night wasn't so bad. She looked to the stars, as she had the night before, and remembered what her goal was when Sinen led Gararion and the other man away.

" Gashnum; It seems you are along for the ride this journey, are you not? Has Muargath told you of the Fire Gem?" She looked to Gahsnum, and then regretted her questioning.

She quickly darted her eyes to the ecu'Moh, and swallowed. Perhaps that was a slip-up. She was getting dull in her old age... she closed her eyes for a moment and cursed herself, then looked to Gashnum for an answer, hoping that Elende did not pry...

*pokey de Viresse at viresse@santharia.com* - Adventures of Sorren Administrator
The Santharian Dream - Home sweet Home...

Muargath
New Santharian

« Reply #133 on: March 08, 2003, 02:40:22 PM »

She listened in silence as Gashnum described the attack by orcs.  The thought of being stabbed in the leg hard enough to break a man's leg-bone was rather terrifying to her... she couldn't avoid seeing it in her mind's eye and Muargath shuddered involuntarily as a shiver went down her spine.  

She glanced over at him with wide eyes, wondering how he can laugh over such a thing, and found him looking at her.  Muargath was at a loss for words, but thankfully, Viresse chose that moment to say, "Gashnum; It seems you are along for the ride this journey, are you not? Has Muargath told you of the Fire Gem?"

Muargath cleared her throat a little, "Uhm, yeah.. the Fire Gem.  I mean... no, I didn't Vir.  Please, go ahead and tell him, would you?"  She managed a small smile in Gashnum's direction and turned her address to him.  "You might be able to help us, yes?"  She winked at himthen, hoping he'd take her cue.  

Elende
New Santharian

« Reply #134 on: March 08, 2003, 11:16:22 PM »

Elende tried to appear as he was attendin to his food. However he was paying attention to everything that was going on. He was carefully observing the five companions, listening to what they were saying measuring their reactions.

It seemed to him that this is what he did for his whole life. That's why he was the hunter...the shadowhunter, lurking in the shadows while stalking his prey. Observing it till he knew enough to predict its reactions, its next movement.

So far he had learned the names of three of them, the white haired woman, Maugrath, the older human, Gashnum, the elven maiden, Vir.

He listened at Gashnum's story, about his injury and then......Vir said something about the Fire Gem. From what he heard, it seemed that Vir, Maygrath, the black haired elf and the younger human, were on a quest to find this fire gem. They probably met with Gashnum on their way to Hog.

That's all he had managed to deduce from the discusions. But there were still questions that needed answering.
Why did Vir mention the Fire Gem, when she knew that  he could hear they wwere saying?
Was it intentional, and if yes is it some kind of test or are they beginning to show trust him?

He was not sure of what to do next, should he just ask them and get his answer, or should wait and get some more information?

He decided that the latter was a better option...for the time being.

Edited by: Elende at: 3/8/03 4:21:19 pm
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]