Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 2: Off to see a Sage  (Read 34181 times)
Gashnum Invraldi
New Santharian

« Reply #135 on: March 09, 2003, 03:06:22 AM »

Gashnum smiled playfully a small laugh spilled from him.

"Ahh, yes I suppose you could keep me around. In case you need a little something to eat along the way." he winked back at Muargath keeping a straight face. The man turned to face Viresse for a moment.

"Tell me of this fire gem?" i've not heard of it." of course Gashnum had heard of it, but he wanted to make Viresse tell what she knew.

The warrior who acts out of honour cannot fail. His duty is hounour itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear.
-From the 183rd Ritual of Devotion

Muargath
New Santharian

« Reply #136 on: March 09, 2003, 05:01:22 AM »

Muargath turned her attention to Viresse, suddenly aware that everyone in their small group was quiet and listening to this conversation.  It matters not to me who hears this.  We are all, more or less, in this together whether we like it or not.  Besides, I doubt anything will come of it- this fantastical flight after a children's legend!  Bah! What could come of it?  Nothing- and that is my bet!  Yet, even so... Gashnum did say he knew something of our quest.  Curious.... how would he even know what we are searching for?  He wasn't at the inn.  In fact, we ran into him far down the road. These thoughts whipped like a wildfire through her mind before Viresse even had chance to answer.

Muargath glanced momentarily at Gashnum.  She trusted him.  Why?  She couldn't answer that.  Or maybe she could... Kindred spirits.  That's why...  Nodding minutely, she looked back to the golden-haired elf.  

"There is serenity in Chaos.
Seek ye the Eye of the Hurricane."
- so says the Principia Discordia

Edited by: Muargath   at: 3/9/03 4:28:47 am
Sinen Darkchild
Fighter
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #137 on: March 09, 2003, 11:49:22 AM »

The sun had set about an hour prior when The four, Sinen, Dray, Gararion, and Alia, stepped into the forest. A Short distance before them was a ladder going up into a quite large building built up in the trees extending over the area of 5 trees. The soft glow of lanterns pours through the windows. Sinen turns around and looks at Dray and Gararion.

"We have arrived. A word of warning. Don't take any word she will say for granted. It may seem like random comments and small bits of wisdom, but she knows more than any could hope for in one's life time. She is in fact much older than any one person would ever live. Remember, this sage has moments when she will look on into the endless expanse of the sea of the future. Show her respect, she very well deserves it."

With that he turns and climbs up the ladder followed by Alia.

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him.

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?

Sinen Darkchild CD
Dray Ducroix
New Santharian

« Reply #138 on: March 12, 2003, 08:15:22 AM »

*Dray admires the setup and whistles lowly as he looks around at all of it. He then looks back at Gararion and shrugs at Sinen's comment before he heads up the ladder after the female elf Alia*

Sinen Darkchild
Fighter
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #139 on: March 13, 2003, 12:36:22 PM »

Inside the sage's abode, Alia heads off down a hallway to the right and into her personal room. Sinen turns to the Dray and Gararion.

"We're expected. Follow me."

He turns and heads through the door directly infront of him. through it is a very large room which serves as a library of books to rival most lore libraries. At a desk in the center of the room sits a quite old elven woman. She sits back to the door, but even though the door opens soundlessly and Sinen makes no noise in entering she still speaks.

SAGE"Welcome, alas, young Sinen. I have awaited your return for nigh 50 years. Why is it you seek that which you seek?"

SINEN"I have meant to return many times in the past. Sorry I have been so long in returning. I seek the Fire Gem as I know you know for nothing other than a very bad feeling in the pit of my stomache. An evil moves to gain its power. My visionary dreams have revealed to me as much. I just don't know where I may find it."

SAGE"So you and two of your companions have come to me for guidance. You have brought a man named Dray and an Elf named Gararion here have you not? I will tell you what I know as I feel that you are right. Evil is ever about and seeking powers such as that of that infernal gem. It should have been destroyed not sealed away. It's exact location I do not even know, but still there is hope. Before you may release the 8 seals placed on the gem's resting place you must seek out the 8 Spirit Dragons. Each is the key to a seal, and all are required to gain access to that damned gem."

SINEN"To track down the eight dragons of spirit one must walk the world over and journey into what seems like the most infernal pits of the damned."

SAGE"So, you have read your father's journel I see. Good man. A shame he dissappeared. Alas, something big builds on the horizon of time. Beware, Sinen, to disturb the rest of the Fire Gem is to disturb the balance of peace."

Sinen looks down at the floor.

If not for the warning in my heart I would end this quest here. I still have trust amongst my group to earn and that may be a difficult task.

SAGE"Time marches ever forward and life lingers, clinging to what once was and is no longer, a false hope that what was once will come to be again. Remember that young Sinen. What was will never be again. They are gone. Keep your friends close, but always keep those you have little trust in even closer. You might find a surprise waiting you with the rest of your group in the form of another companion. Be prepared....."

She stands and takes a book from the shelf and sits back down to read..........

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him.

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?

Sinen Darkchild CD
Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #140 on: March 14, 2003, 04:30:22 AM »

Gararion listens to the words of the sages but believe he knew read of something else, within the walls of Ximax..but still those pages of wisdom were lost to his aged mind.

Gararion closely watched the reactions of the Dray and Sinen, as he stood behind the two.

Gashnum Invraldi
New Santharian

« Reply #141 on: March 14, 2003, 01:34:22 PM »

Gashnum waited for Viresse to speak, and waited, and waited. He frowned slightly at the time it took for the usually puncutal elf to answer, perhaps she was regretting what she had said, it was almost obvious that she was fighting some kind of internal battle.
Maybe I should change the subject.... Gashnum decided what to do with a tiny shake of his head.

He continued to wait for a moment, and caught Muargath's eye as she turned to look at him. Gashnum smiled a little, and the two were locked together for a moment, before Gashnum broke the gaze by speaking.
"Viresse, perhaps you could tell us at another time. I for one am quite tired and wish to take my rest now." He looked to the rest of the group, and especially at Muargath.

"What do you all think?"

The warrior who acts out of honour cannot fail. His duty is hounour itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear.
-From the 183rd Ritual of Devotion

Muargath
New Santharian

« Reply #142 on: March 14, 2003, 02:19:22 PM »

Muargath was glad when Gashnum changed the subject after so long a pause.  She nodded in agreement with his suggestion.  "I'm pretty tired too."  She sighed and stood up to stretch the kinks out of her back.  

"I'll get your blankets, Gashnum.  Just you sit tight."  She walked over to the pack horse and started to unload the same blankets that he had loaned everyone the night before.  

Dray Ducroix
New Santharian

« Reply #143 on: March 15, 2003, 03:26:22 AM »

*Dray looks around the room and is almost surprised by how alert this sage was with the silence they entered with and then that she knew his name even. Dray stood there listening to everything she had to say after that. At the mention of the spirit Dragons, Dray tensed up for a second, and then relaxed as his mind began to wander*

Spirit Dragons? I know I have heard something about them before... maybe not...will we have to fight these dragons? Or are they just keys and not real dragons... this could unlock a piece of the puzzle that is my life if they are dragons... peaceful and intelligent maybe so I could speak with them...I can only hope

*Dray is still lost in thought as the other 2 go to leave and Sinen comes up and places his hand on Dray's shoulder and Dray snaps out of it and looks back and sees they are ready to leave*

"Sorry....just day dreaming"

Junas
New Santharian

« Reply #144 on: March 15, 2003, 10:35:22 AM »

Junas sat alone, occasionaly nibbling on some food. He watched Gashnum and Muargath talk for a moment before looking at their new companion. The dark elf, Junas tried to think. His name was Elende, yes he remebered. He slowly rose to his feet and walked up beside Elende and sat down.
"Hello, I haven't had a chance to speak with you yet. My name is Junas." The young human greeted the elf as he extended his hand to him in hopes of gaining a friendship.

Draw this darkness out like poison. Stab, retrieve, again decline. Help me drive the dagger deeper, trace with me explicit line. Take this blade a test of faith and strike me deep and true. I put all my trust in you.

Sinen Darkchild
Fighter
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #145 on: March 15, 2003, 10:39:22 AM »

"Dray, Gararion, I think we shall stay the night here. Get a bite to eat and rest. Give the others time to reach Hog. I didn't think that I alone travel faster than them, and if they went into the heath then it will take longer. Besides, there isn't much hurry, she would like us to stay."

He walks back into the main room where Alia is waiting for them.

ALIA"I've prepared rooms for each of you. They are at the end of the hall down the right wing. Dinner will be served shortly in the dinner hall which is the left wing. You can clean yourselves up or do whatever you'd like. Also Melina, your sage, bids you take a look through her library if you'd like."

She turns to head into the dinner hall.

SINEN"Alia, I'd like to talk to you later. There is much catching up to do."

She pauses a second and then goes off into the dinner hall. Sinen heads down to his room at the end of the right wing and shuts the door.

Sinen Darkchild CD
Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #146 on: March 17, 2003, 04:50:22 AM »

Gararion makes his way directly to the library of this Melina.  He begins to read the pages of text that are placed within it.

Viresse
New Santharian

« Reply #147 on: March 17, 2003, 01:45:22 PM »

ooc:  *sigh* weekends, you know...

Viresse looked to Muargath as she suggested that She tell Gashnum the story of the Fire Gem. She nodded absently, and then gathered all she knew of it, which to be honest was not much. While she thoguht the others talked, the ecu'moh awkwardly quiet. She darted her eyes to Elende as she thought, she knew he listened. One was alsways still when they listened; she had done it many times in this trip already.

She finally cleared her throat and looked to Gashnum, and spoke.
" To be honest with you, I only know of the Fire Gem from the story that I heard in the tavern shortly before we departed. If I had deducted corretcly, it had massive magic power, cure any illness and allow the owner to live forever."
She smiled to herself, it sounded completely untrue when it was spoke of that way.
" I came along on this trip to make sure the Gem didn't fall into the wrong hands. Gararion seems to share the same goal, so we have come to trust each other."

She blinked, and sat for a moment. She had revealed her intentions. She looked to all that were present, and hoped that she would not be thought different of. That would make the trip a fair more unbearable.
She realized that her thoughts made it seem as if she was Better than those she travelled with. She slowly drew her knees to her chest and wrapped her tan arms around them. She had suddenly felt foolish and small, and prayed to Seyelle that she had done the right thing.

ooc: you can tell Gashnum more, Muargath, Vir doesn't know much.

*pokey de Viresse at viresse@santharia.com* - Adventures of Sorren Administrator
The Santharian Dream - Home sweet Home...

Edited by: Viresse  at: 3/17/03 4:46:50 am
Muargath
New Santharian

« Reply #148 on: March 17, 2003, 06:28:22 PM »

Muargath walked back with an armload of blankets and began to pass them out.  She even gave one to Elende, handing it to him from a nearly a ped away.  

Muargath heard Viresse speak and when the elf was done, she added this, "That's more than I know.  Like I said before, it is a child's tale, this Fire Gem.  I will be amazed if there is any truth to it at all!  Sinen seems pretty convinced it is real.  Either he knows something I don't... or he is completely mad.  I'm hoping he is not mad."  Unfortunately, Muargath wasn't so good at hiding her cynicism.  She smirked and laid out a blanket on the ground by her canvas pack.  She lay down on the blanket and tried to get comfortable before folding it over on herself.  "I take it that you are all hoping he isn't mad either..."

Dray Ducroix
New Santharian

« Reply #149 on: March 18, 2003, 09:38:22 AM »

*He enters the room he guesses was prepared for him and sits down on the edge of the bed inside. Dray then begins to relieve himself of his equipment. First goes the swords then followed by the forearm and shin guards. The backpack he sets at his feet and as he removes his cloak and chainmail he pulls the package from the family out of he bag. Dray sits back down and opens the package and stares at the elegant cloak again. He sighs as memories flood back to him. Dray shrugs as if in acceptance of something and goes to clean himself up before dinner*

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]