* 
Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?


*
gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize


Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 2: Off to see a Sage  (Read 34251 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Muargath
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 945


« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2003, 04:10:22 AM »

She was lost in the restful nothingness of a dreamless sleep, the kind where time passes in an instant.  She'd only just closed her eyes when she felt someone touching her shoulder lightly and a friendly voice saying, "Wake up, breakfast is nearly ready."

Before she even opened her eyes, Muargath could smell the delicious aroma of cooked sausage.  This brought a smile to her lips.  "Good morning to you, too, Gashnum..."  She looked up at the overcast sky and was happy to see it did not rain during the night.  She slowly stretched under the cover.  There was no apparent effect on her from the large amount of wine she drank the night before.  She knew there wouldn't be.  Sitting up, she began to fold up her blanket then decided to let the campfire dry off the dew first instead.

Muargath brought out her eating knife and speared one of the sausages.  It tasted as delicious as it smelled.  She gave the last piece to Duster and scratched him behind the ears.  "Thank you for the breakfast.  I doubt that any of us thought far enough ahead to bring food.  It sure makes sleeping outside nicer when you wake up to a hot meal."

"There is serenity in Chaos.
Seek ye the Eye of the Hurricane."
- so says the Principia Discordia

Logged
Gashnum Invraldi
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 152


« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2003, 04:24:22 AM »

Gashnum ate a sausage. They were quite good actually, better than some things he had eaten. It seemed that the elf who had stayed awake was talking to him. Gashnum didn't remember saying anything to him, perhaps he was saying his thoughts aloud.
maybe im not getting enough sleep he thought to himself.

Gashnum nodded to Muargath.

"I should have plenty of food to last. I try to be prepared." he smiled

"There's nothing like being caught miles away from anyone with no food, and believe me, I know."

Gashnum stepped over to the fire and took the pan off the flames so the rest of the sausages would not burn. He began to pack his things together. He hoped they would be off within the hour.

The warrior who acts out of honour cannot fail. His duty is hounour itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear.
-From the 183rd Ritual of Devotion

Logged
Junas
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 56


« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2003, 04:56:22 AM »

Junas slowly awoke rubbing his eyes. He looked around and saw that Gashnum appeared to have made breakfast. He looked at Muargath, it looked as though she had already ate. "Good morning Muargath, how did you sleep?"
Junas's stomach rumbled loudly and looked to Gashnum. "Are those sausages for anyone?" Junas asked while laughing.



Draw this darkness out like poison. Stab, retrieve, again decline. Help me drive the dagger deeper, trace with me explicit line. Take this blade a test of faith and strike me deep and true. I put all my trust in you.

Logged
jamalian
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 449


« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2003, 09:26:22 AM »

Jamalian picked up a freshly cooked sausage, burning his fingers a little as he took a bite.

"Mmmmm, these are great. Thank you."

Logged
Muargath
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 945


« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2003, 09:31:22 AM »

"Go ahead and help yourself, Junas.  He made them for everyone."  She reached out and grabbed another one out of the pan with her fingers, now that they were cooled a bit.  It was still hot.  "Oooh.. hot!"  Smiling at the young man, she bit into the sausage and munched on most of it, feeding the remainder to Duster who was begging as usual.  "Mmmm.  Wonderful!"  She winked at Junas then grabbed her blanket.

Muargath stood up and folded her blanket carefully.  She brought it over to Gashnum.  "Is there anything I can help you with?"  She couldn't help the concern that sounded in her voice.  She noticed his limp again, even though he tried to hide it and she knew somehow that he was in pain.  In the time she'd known him, she'd never asked about his injury.  But don't worry, my friend, I won't mention it if you won't... it must be a matter of pride and I know all about that. You'll tell me about it, all in your own good time.

"There is serenity in Chaos.
Seek ye the Eye of the Hurricane."
- so says the Principia Discordia

Edited by: Muargath   at: 2/17/03 12:33:50 am
Logged
Junas
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 56


« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2003, 10:02:22 AM »

Atrii smiled at Muargath as she stood and folded her blanket, she then walked over to Gashnum. Atrii reached and grabbed the hot sausages, he quickly bit into it before it burnt him too quickly, then he ate the remainder as it got quite hot quickly on his fingesr. "Mmmm... thank you for breakfast Gashnum." The ranger thanked Gashnum, he had already provided so much but Atrii knew very little about him. Muargath seemed to know him and like him quite a lot so Atrii assumed Gashnum was an alright fellow.



Draw this darkness out like poison. Stab, retrieve, again decline. Help me drive the dagger deeper, trace with me explicit line. Take this blade a test of faith and strike me deep and true. I put all my trust in you.

Logged
Gashnum Invraldi
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 152


« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2003, 11:07:22 AM »

Gashnum nodded to Junas, who had thanked him for breakfast.
"Your quite welcome my young friend."

"Is there anything I can help you with?"Muargath asked while handing him her blanket. Gashnum noticed some concern in her voice, but he didn't think anything of it, in fact he was happy for the help.

Gashnum nodded and motioned her over to the numerous sacks, bags and packs that were his life. "ahh, yes." he said

"I could use some help loading the horse."
Gashnum walked over to the stack of bags, heavily favoring his right leg.The bags were stacked near his horse. Gashnum bent down to lift the converted pack saddle and set it on his horse. Muargath began to gather bags and tie them in place.

The two worked silently for a few minutes until Muargath picked up an oddly shaped sack, it was bulging almost to the point of splitting down the middle. Its contents shifted strangely, this was no bag of common adventuring supplies. Gashnum tensed slightly.I promised him that nobody would know I was moving these..... He spoke in the hope that Muargath wouldn't pay any attention to the strange parcel.

"So, did you sleep well?" he asked as he lifted another bag into place while trying to keep his calm. Gashnum stopped lifting and looked over to Muargath as she finished tying the heavy sack into place on the saddle.

The warrior who acts out of honour cannot fail. His duty is hounour itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear.
-From the 183rd Ritual of Devotion

Edited by: Gashnum Invraldi at: 2/17/03 2:13:18 am
Logged
Viresse
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 1345


« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2003, 12:44:22 PM »

She rolled her shoulders as she sat up, a rock had somehow found a nice spot in between her shoulder-blades as she slept. With sleep-bleary eyes she looked around at those that were awakening, for she was confused. She didn't recall going to sleep but she had. In a bad position as well she realized, as she tried to rub a knot out of her neck.

The smell of food invaded her nostrils; while her stomach wanted food the idea of consuming sausage was not something she was looking forward to. She looked over at the fire and smiled nevertheless; he hotplate was bristling with food. Someone was kind enough to make food for all.

As she stood and stretched out her stiffened muscles she thoight of the prospect. This group seems a fair more polite than the night before. The mood seemed cold and uninviting, but with the day's light a sense of whimsy was carried. She hoped she could trust everyone here, she kind of had to.

She walked to the fire and warmed her hands, and she glanced to Gashnum.

" The wine you had offered to the party last night was superb. Muargath had given me a fair amout of background on It and I appreciate your generosity." She smiled politely.


*pokey de Viresse at viresse@santharia.com* - Adventures of Sorren Administrator
The Santharian Dream - Home sweet Home...

Logged
Sinen Darkchild
Fighter
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 454


Elf, Quaelhoirhim


« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2003, 01:22:22 PM »

Travelling with Dray and Gararion following shortly behind, Sinen looks up to the stars in the sky. He mumbles something he doesn't think is audible to the two behind him.

"My dear Alia, are you still there? I will know shortly. Will this time be different? Will you come with me this time?"

He looks forward from the stars and speaks to his two companions on the trek to the sage.

"Daylight will come soon. We still have a ways. I leave it up to you two to decide whether or not to stop for breakfast then. I, myself, don't think I'll have much of an appetite."

 Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him.

Logged

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?

Sinen Darkchild CD
Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 3372


Elf, Ylfferhim


« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2003, 04:17:22 PM »

Gararion followed the two closely behind them.  He often fell in the rear for that is where one skilled in magical art was most leathal though Gararion was often considered leathal no matter where he stood.

As Gararion followed his elven ear picked up the words that whispered from Sinen mouth.  Thoughts now went through his mind.

Who is this Alia. Does he plan on using the powers of the Fire Gem against this Alia or to her favor.  I must press this further when given the chance.

Gararion quickened his pace so he was on the other side of Sinen, Dray on the other.

"Hunger is not present within myself at this moment so if Dray doesn't mind may we move onward."

Logged

Sinen Darkchild
Fighter
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 454


Elf, Quaelhoirhim


« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2003, 06:00:22 AM »

"If that is fine with Dray then we will continue. I shall not be hungry for a long time."

 Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him.

Logged

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?

Sinen Darkchild CD
Dray Ducroix
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 417


« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2003, 08:05:22 AM »

*Dray just smiles at the 2 elves as he reaches into a side pouch and pulls out a piece of fruit and takes a big bite out of it as he continues to walk along smiling. After he finishes the fruit he starts whistling a tune and he goes*

Logged
Sinen Darkchild
Fighter
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 454


Elf, Quaelhoirhim


« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2003, 01:08:22 PM »

Travelling for a few hours brought the first signs of light over the horizon. Sinen begins to hum a tune from his past to himself. The cool breeze blows in at their backs. Sinen stops humming after a time and looks to Gararion.

"If I might ask you a question though I would like to know why you decided to join me in my search for this fire gem."

He looks on ahead and starts humming again.

 Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him.

Logged

Fools rush into battle blindly, but who is really the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?

Sinen Darkchild CD
Muargath
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 945


« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2003, 03:32:22 PM »

As the others helped themselves to the sausage, Muargath happily assisted Gashnum with the task of packing.  

"It's been awhile since I've had to do this.  I prefer to travel light."  She smiled as she finished tying one bag on, then turned to pick up another.  Now this one is strange, I wonder what's inside?  But as tempted as she was to peek under the flap, she did not.  Instead, she brought it up and added it to the packsaddle.  

"Did I sleep well?"  She met Gashnum's gaze over the top of the loaded saddle. "I suppose I did, and I have you and Count Ardanbal to thank for that!"  Muargath grinned and winked at him.  She took a last look around.  "That was the last one.  We should be leaving soon."

Just then, Viresse said her thank you to Gashnum, and Muargath went to her own pack and rummaged through it.  She pulled out a folded cloth and her silver comb.  "I'll be right back..."  And then she walked out of the camp area.

Now, I know I heard water around here last night... aha!  There you are!  She approached the small, babbling brook.  Carefully stepping down a clay and rock covered bank, she made her way to the waterside.  She washed her face and hands in the chilly water, and toweled off with the cloth she'd brought.  Then she sat on a nearby rock and combed her long, white hair, humming softly as she did so.  She was please her hair wasn't too tangled during the night.      

"There is serenity in Chaos.
Seek ye the Eye of the Hurricane."
- so says the Principia Discordia

Logged
Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 3372


Elf, Ylfferhim


« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2003, 03:38:22 PM »

Gararion looked at Sinen.

What harm can be done if I shall tell this elven man why I have come to join him on this journey, for surely he would ask the same of all who joined him.

Gararion looked onward as the wind blew past him.  It seemed to play with him as it swirled around his body, wrapping his plain black cloak around his body tightly.

"I chose to join yourself and the others for I feel it is my duty to watch over the artifacts of Sorren, for I know much about great relics.  

But I fear that I have lost the knowledge I once had about this Fire Gem, though it name is not strange to my mind."

Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]
Members
Total Members: 2849
Latest: abigailjordan
Stats
Total Posts: 214569
Total Topics: 8052
Online Today: 32
Online Ever: 216
(November 30, 2006, 09:08:03 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines
TinyPortal v0.9.8 © Bloc
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Theme based on Cerberus with Risen adjustments by Bloc and Krelia
Modified By Artimidor for The Santharian Dream
gfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx